Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Urgent Advice Needed On Which Car To Buy. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Urgent Advice Needed On Which Car To Buy. (416 Views)

I Need Urgent Advice / Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production / Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice Needed On Which Car To Buy. by Ernesttoby30: 4:31pm On Mar 23, 2021
Good day all. Please i really need your advice. I want to take a loan from my friend with interest to buy a car for transportation business. The loan is almost ready.

But the problem now is that I'm confused between buying a car for Uber business or buying Sienna car for inter state transportation. I've been having sleepless night these few days because of this. I want to drive it myself.

Please if you are into transport business or have any idea on transportation business, please kindly advise me. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Urgent Advice Needed On Which Car To Buy. by providencia(m): 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2021
I have no experience with interstate but i know for sure those who do it make more money compare to uber and they also faces a bigger risk too. What i dont like about uber is that you have no say of your own. If fuel prices go up, the money you make remain the same. Uber can on their own slash their fare and there is nothing you can do about it. But for interstate, you increases your fare as fuel goes up.
Nigeria economy as it is now is very unstable. You should do what you can adjust with. Avoid a car that has timing belt if you decides to do any of them.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed On Which Car To Buy. by yemmit90: 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
I will advise you to get a siena for inter-state transportation.

Focus on long distance between one geo-political zone to another( Lagos - Abuja or Lagos - PH etc), go once or twice a week and use your weekend for fun and car service.

Warning: If you cant do it yourself, please forget about transportation business.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed On Which Car To Buy. by captain247: 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
Inter-state is far better than uber so long you'll be the one to drive the vehicle. Seinna is good the old strong body type I think 2002 model. It won't give you too much body works if ran into minor accident. I did the business before but ran into loss because someone was driving and wasn't remitting returns plus so much damages due to wreckless driving. So I sold it so I don't lose completely.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed On Which Car To Buy. by Tobichuks08: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2022
providencia:
I have no experience with interstate but i know for sure those who do it make more money compare to uber and they also faces a bigger risk too. What i dont like about uber is that you have no say of your own. If fuel prices go up, the money you make remain the same. Uber can on their own slash their fare and there is nothing you can do about it. But for interstate, you increases your fare as fuel goes up.
Nigeria economy as it is now is very unstable. You should do what you can adjust with. Avoid a car that has timing belt if you decides to do any of them.
Please what is timing belt ?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed On Which Car To Buy. by providencia(m): 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2022
Tobichuks08:

Please what is timing belt ?

A timing belt is a belt that drives the pulleys inside an engine. Not to be confused with fan belt. A mechanic should be able to tell if a vehicle uses a timing belt or chain.

Re: Urgent Advice Needed On Which Car To Buy. by Tobichuks08: 3:29pm On Feb 14, 2022
providencia:

A timing belt is a belt that drives the pulleys inside an engine. Not to be confused with fan belt. A mechanic should be able to tell if a vehicle uses a timing belt or chain.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Buy Bitcoin And Redeem All Gift Cards @ Best Rate / How To Download Aliexpress Images And Videos For Mini Importation / Register Your Business In UK Or USA As A Non-resident!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.