Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards (33858 Views)

NIWA Boss, George Moghalu, Gives Out Daughter In Marriage In Grand Style / Xmas:Rochas Foundation Gives Out Free Fuel To Commercial Transport Operators In / Bro Felix Obuah Gives Out Palliative To IPAC Members Rivers State Chapter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by LegacyB: 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:
Tinumbu don use this people head finish... which one be cowry card again
Another means to fetch him another money?
When will afonja get saved from slavery sef
You need to be paid back your school fee..That’s if you actually attended.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by iddonla: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
chamboy:
You fools are not funny any more and need to stop this rubbish

those guys are not southerners..cant u guys see?
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by StreetFight: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:

Please who used the heads of all the people in your state? Because I wonder why even your state's governor spends his vacation in Lagos,

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by farem: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:

Generational curse is truly strong on you. If not your family misery will not be blamed solely on one person - Tinubu, who left a political office more than 12 years ago.
Yet your political office holders have eaten deeper what's left in your own future yet you have been so brainwashed not to see that but tinumbu

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by maxell(f): 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Like london oyster card cheesy cheesy

Yes wink

Nice development.

God bless Lagos kiss

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by maxell(f): 5:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
farem:

Generational curse is truly strong on you. If not your family misery will not be blamed solely on one person - Tinubu, who left a political office more than 12 years ago.
Yet your political office holders have eaten deeper what's left in your own future yet you have been so brainwashed to see that

It’s the same type of card used for mass transit systems overseas. I am puzzled on what Tinubu is being blamed for now.

As you rightly said, some people are living in misery, hence their obsession with the man.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Topmaike007(m): 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
olaboy33:
I am currently inside a brt bus as I type this.

In recent years, Brt is the only thing I have benefited from Lagos state government. However, more dedicated routes needs to be created for the brt buses to further avoid traffic.

Just before boarding this bus, I still saw LBSL staffs selling these tickets for #200, same with yesterday.

I hope this is looked into.
Nigerians always finding ways to rip others for the personal gains
and yet we blame the government
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Springboot: 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:

Even in UK, you don't pay cash for rides, you use card, so using cashless means tinubu has used thero head, you're thinking from your anus.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Zetty177x: 5:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
God forbid that i read this angry grin..i beg can a good samaritan come to my mention and explain?
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by sweetgala(m): 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
nitrogen:

Mumu, go to top cities/regions and see how transit systems work. Toronto has got Presto, Dubai has Nol card, DC has SmarTrip, Seattle has ORCA, New York has Metrocard, London has Oyster.

Why una no like progress like this?

We have the leap card in Ireland, you can use it to access any public transport service nationwide and can even get tax saver deductions to make public transport affordable and reduce need to use private transport when going into central Dublin especially, it's NFC and when I used it I could top up right from the comfort of my smartphone app.

Big data and integration is the future and these cards allows the government, operators and all stake holders understand the dynamics of public transit use and plan better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Ashirioluwa: 6:02pm On Mar 23, 2021
nsiba:
The President never seen before...2023 loading.

Tinubu is no match

You are actually right. Tinubu is no match when it comes to stealing public fund. Lagos state is in his pocket now he wants to put Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Onlyonebuhari: 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
I got mine since January. Lagos lead others follow. No need of queuing to but ticket, just recharge your cowry card and move on.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Rodwave: 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:

You guys should stop commenting like ediots. You must not make comment on every thread
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by sparko1(m): 6:11pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:

Your generation is tired to Tinubu, get well soon!
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by toideve(m): 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2021
We don dey run am for Benin City nor be today.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by 2oby: 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:

What are this people feeling like sef, quoting me and telling me Lagos is better than every state in the East
Go to the East and see many beautiful building and projects
Do I need to tell you Enugu, Owerri and many other eastern cities are far beautiful than Lagos
If not that the government is biased and their hatred towards us, the East should be the economic capital of Nigeria
But your hatred towards us won’t let you see that

Try get sense
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by seyz91(m): 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2021
and just so you know, cowry cards payment method is used in advance country like Dubai, China and the likes

its a nice development but not for my lagos people
greymiles:

What are this people feeling like sef, quoting me and telling me Lagos is better than every state in the East
Do I need to tell you Enugu, Owerri and many other eastern cities are far beautiful than Lagos
If not that the government is biased and their hatred towards us, the East should be the economic capital of Nigeria
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Badorey6: 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2021
iddonla:

Are you actually a yoruba?

why this hate on a tribe

I doubt you and the guy u quoted are not paid agent.

My name is Shiwendu and I am from Abia.

My governor Ikpeazu is a drunkard and he has turned Abia to a portrait of decay.

You have any more question?
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by iddonla: 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2021
Badorey6:

My name is Shiwendu and I am from Abia.

My governor Ikpeazu is a drunkard and he has turned Abia to a portrait of decay.

You have any more question?

bro,let's be serious here..I am yoruba and an wondering the reason for the hate towards igbo..

I know a lot of them taunt us too, but believe some of those monikers masquerading as igbo causing yoruba and tinubu are not igbo..

reason am bros
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
I'm back from a ban. Thanks jah
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by doxijaw: 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
This country ehn , how did a bus transit card turn to a tribal political issue.

This is very normal in developed countries.

Iq issues everywhere.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Erums(m): 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
But i have been using corwy card since last year... Whats de muse abt it now?
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
ngadaAwo:
Nnamdi Cownu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond

Yes we know!!

You are correct grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Jeux: 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
Has been in use since oshiomhole’s term I’m benin
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by FleppyDon(m): 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2021
Lanrelagboi:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158917734371013&id=735776012

See Headline sha.

Give Out like sey na freee dem dash people.

Omooooo Mehnnnn
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by sulaiboy20(m): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:

you are not educated. cowry is just a card that make the transit more smarter.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by vivalavida(m): 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
They started giving it out on the 20th of march.
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Belleful: 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2021
greymiles:

This one must be suffering from TINUBU-JAI-TIS
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by matrixme(m): 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2021
sweetgala:

We have the leap card in Ireland, you can use it to access any public transport service nationwide and can even get tax saver deductions to make public transport affordable and reduce need to use private transport when going into central Dublin especially, it's NFC and when I used it I could top up right from the comfort of my smartphone app.

Big data and integration is the future and these cards allows the government, operators and all stake holders understand the dynamics of public transit use and plan better.
That's interesting to know. They have been operational for a while now in Abuja. In fact, AUMTCO buses won't let you board without it. Just that they refill theirs manually via a terminal at the bus stops. It helps curb corruption of funds remittances to the bus providers down here basically, just like electricity prepaid meters
Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by Ooe33: 8:01pm On Mar 23, 2021
Since u don't know, it's a bus card, with can be preloaded with cash, when swiped, pays for ur bus fare. Removing possibilities of tickets racketeering and no change drama.

greymiles:

Re: Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards by dfrost: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2021
Omezif:
Nice one IF it's going to be maintained with great postive results.

It will to a reasonable extent. This is the live phase. The pilot phase has been on for some time now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nostalgic Photos From The 90's / Nairaland Please Help Us Find Martins (photo) / Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.