Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Ibori: End Of The Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori: End Of The Road (2673 Views)

Protesters Sleep On The Road To Demand Saraki's Resignation / Oshiomhole Buying Plantain Chips On The Road Side (pic) / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori: End Of The Road by dan1981: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2011
Former governor of Delta state, James Ibori, is finally on his way to the UK after the Metropolitan police foiled his latest plot to flee from the UAE through a series complex bail applications hatched in Dubai.

SaharaReporters learnt from UAE government sources that the former governor took off today from Dubai accompanied by officers from the UK Metropolitan police proceeds of crimes unit.

However, a UK metropolitan police press bureau spokesperson said he could not confirm the information as at the time of filing this report.

Ibori will face series of money laundering and theft trials in London

By SaharaReporters, New York
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2011
I hope its true
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2011
Very good. This has the potential to phycologically distabilise Uduaghans campaign, the heat is now on him.

But the guy sef is such a fool. Those who have been sentence have already done about 6mths of thier time. Most should be out in about 2yrs. While the beast is yet to start his.
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2011
monkeyleg:

Very good. This has the potential to phycologically distabilise Uduaghans campaign, the heat is now on him.

But the guy sef is such a fool. Those who have been sentence have already done about 6mths of thier time. Most should be out in about 2yrs. While the beast is yet to start his.
Its not jail he is scared of, it is the ex-convict stigma and his getting banned completely from politics. Remember he fought the ex-convict case all through his stay in office. When he gets jailed this time, even if its 1 week, the damage will already be done and his presidential ambition brought to naught.
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2011
all i have to say to ibori is while in uk jail, pls dont drop the soap. grin
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2011
blink182:

Its not jail he is scared of, it is the ex-convict stigma and his getting banned completely from politics. Remember he fought the ex-convict case all through his stay in office. When he gets jailed this time, even if its 1 week, the damage will already be done and his presidential ambition brought to naught.

But he was already an ex-con in the UK. It is only in Nigeria we know how to close eye to bad thing. Ibori is now considered a repeat offender and is going to have it hot in the UK. Infact I see him going to either Scrubs or Belmarsh. By the time he comes out his sexuality would have changed. Chei kpirigidi don nack ground. Yawa don gas for Oga
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2011
monkeyleg:

But he was already an ex-con in the UK. It is only in Nigeria we know how to close eye to bad thing. Ibori is now considered a repeat offender and is going to have it hot in the UK. Infact I see him going to either Scrubs or Belmarsh. By the time he comes out his sexuality would have changed. Chei kpirigidi don nack ground. Yawa don gas for Oga
So many people were not aware about his going to prison the first time but now, its the hottest news in Nigeria
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2011
He is finsihed, becuase according to British law, his crime is consider Serious, dealt by the serious fraud office. I dont see him getting anything less that 10yrs, especially as his lawyer got 7. And considering that he is a repeat offender, chei, they will finish him. They will alos deprot him and stip him of all rights to reside and come to the UK, infact he will find it very difficult to visit anywhere within the Eu or the US. That is after they have bent him double in jail
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Beaf: 3:15pm On Apr 15, 2011
If only the UK had death by firing squad.
I feel sad thinking that Ibori will be going to one of those posh places the British mistakenly call jails.
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2011
monkeyleg:

He is finsihed, becuase according to British law, his crime is consider Serious, dealt by the serious fraud office. I dont see him getting anything less that 10yrs, especially as his lawyer got 7. And considering that he is a repeat offender, chei, they will finish him. They will alos deprot him and stip him of all rights to reside and come to the UK, infact he will find it very difficult to visit anywhere within the Eu or the US. That is after they have bent him double in jail
Yawa don gas true true
Beaf:

If only the UK had death by firing squad.
I feel sad thinking that Ibori will be going to one of those posh places the British mistakenly call jails.
I was expecting to see you write to the contrary, how is Ibori different from your mentor? undecided
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Beaf: 3:21pm On Apr 15, 2011
blink182:

I was expecting to see you write to the contrary, how is Ibori different from your mentor? undecided

You are an id!ot. The fact that we see Nigeria through different political lenses does not give you the right to talk stvpidly.
Ibori has been proven to be corrupt and must face punishment. Where were glib talking clowns like you when we were campaigning for his arrest?
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by 13volts(m): 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
Abi ibori and GEj
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 3:35pm On Apr 15, 2011
Guys please give beaf this space.

Beaf and i dont see eye to eye on many issues PDP, but this is one which brings us together as Deltans

And lets no forget Ibori hounded Goodluck.

@Beaf, Emma go dey sweat now, cos he is next. Just advise you oga to stay clear of him. he is definitely next

Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Tilapiah(m): 3:36pm On Apr 15, 2011
UPDATE

James Ibori, the former governor of Delta state, was finally extradited to United Kingdom today after the London Metropolitan police foiled his latest plot to flee from the United Arab Emirates through a series of complex legal manipulations he hatched in Dubai.

Ibori was re-arrested last night in his Dubai mansion and taken to an extradition processing center from where he was later flown to the UK.  He is expected arrive in London at about 1:00p.m. local time.

SaharaReporters learnt from UAE government sources that the former governor was accompanied by officers of the UK Metropolitan police Proceeds of Crimes Unit.

Ibori will face three separate trials in the UK relating to money laundering and theft.  Some of his accomplices, including his wife, Theresa; his sister, Christine Ibie-Ibori; and a mistress, Udoamaka-Okoronkwo (nee Onuigbo), are already spending prison terms in various jail houses in the UK.   Just over a week ago, on April 1, his UK lawyer, Bhadresh Gohil, was given a 10-year sentence.  The sentence will run concurrently with a previous seven-year conviction.

Ibori's extradition was finally granted in December 2010 by the Court of Cessation in Dubai, but with the aid of Nigerian officials he made a series of attempts to escape from the UAE.  Recently, in a secretly packaged deal, Ibori was granted bail from detention in Dubai, but a series of exposés from SaharaReporters frustrated his success.

SaharaReporters had also reported on the efforts of Goodluck Jonathan to have Ibori returned to Nigeria, where the government had previously helped him to escape conviction in a manipulated corruption trial.  Nigeria’s Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Mohamed Adoke travelled to London several times to negotiate the deal but it was scuttled when SaharaReporters broke the story.  

Ibori’s extradition marks a curious return to the scene of his earliest recorded crimes.  As a worker in London, he was twice convicted for two criminal offences before he returned to Nigeria and went into the business full time as a politician.  

Coming on the day before Nigeria’s most important election since independence, this is a fortuitous story,” an analyst told SaharaReporters in Lagos today.  “In a country where impunity has taken the place of justice, Ibori’s extradition from a foreign country to another is at once a description of the sadness of our past, a critical comment on our present and a warning about the future.”

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/james-ibori-extradited-uk-updated
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2011
more

Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Tilapiah(m): 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2011
@Monkeyleg

How come you chose to be leg of a monkey? Wetin do OgufeLeg now? smiley
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2011
Tilapiah!:

@Monkeyleg

How come you chose to be leg of a monkey? Wetin do OgufeLeg now? smiley
My Bro na as we see am.

See ibori's new home. For those who will like to visit him

Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2011
Chei, that na prison, e even fine pass some hotels for naija shocked
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2011
yes na crench be dat. foolish ibori should have since and would have probably done 6 months of his time. I know he will enjoy the mens bath, lets just say it will be very exciting for our disgraced brother
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2011
The long arm of the law has finally caught up with the one carrying the goat, but we still need to find his accomplice. a man of many face and personalities

Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2011
more

Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2011
and more

Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Tilapiah(m): 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
@MonkeyLeg

You be graphic Artist? I beg make you teash me how to do this o! Na so you hate this ppl reash?  grin
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2011
Tilapiah!:

@MonkeyLeg

You be graphic Artist? I beg make you teash me how to do this o! Na so you hate this ppl reash?  grin
Cadre Drake is the person you should hook up with on facebook, he designed the pictures
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Tilapiah(m): 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2011
blink182:

Cadre Drake is the person you should hook up with on facebook, he designed the pictures

Thanks my Bros grin
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Tilapiah(m): 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2011
Can I ask why this is not making the Front Page please? Or is it not something to be happy about?
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by JomoGbomo2(m): 4:30pm On Apr 15, 2011
Nice development. Serves Ibori right. I hope other criminals will learn from this.

BTW, How come everyone is believing Sahara reporters on this? Seems we choose to believe what we want to hear and disagree with the one we don't like.
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 4:39pm On Apr 15, 2011
Thanks Blink182

Tilapiah!:

@MonkeyLeg

You be graphic Artist? I beg make you teash me how to do this o! Na so you hate this ppl reash? grin

My Brother, I dont believe in hate. It destroys one, rather i may dislike ones actions. Ibori and Uduaghan have been very naughty boys, and they should be purnished. I know both of them well enough to understand the homes they came from. Ibori's family was poor, very poor, so was uduaghan, but both of them were not successful in thier various ventures.
Why they felt the best way to go about life was to deprive the good people of Delta state of what is rightfully thiers, is beyond me. Both men have been responsible for alot of unrest in the Delta region, and must be held to account.
James and nkoyo were ex-cons in the UK, so it is no surprising they have gone back to the profession the know best
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by Tilapiah(m): 5:22pm On Apr 15, 2011
monkeyleg:

Thanks Blink182

My Brother, I dont believe in hate. It destroys one, rather i may dislike ones actions. Ibori and Uduaghan have been very naughty boys, and they should be purnished. I know both of them well enough to understand the homes they came from. Ibori's family was poor, very poor, so was uduaghan, but both of them were not successful in thier various ventures.
Why they felt the best way to go about life was to deprive the good people of Delta state of what is rightfully thiers, is beyond me. Both men have been responsible for alot of unrest in the Delta region, and must be held to account.
James and nkoyo were ex-cons in the UK, so it is no surprising they have gone back to the profession the know best

I understand you perfectly. I just wonder how people sleep comfortably at night, when they know that because of their greed, many people are dying of hunger and sleeping with empty stomach.

I just don't understand shocked
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by jodeci(m): 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2011
I thought this worthless sahara reporters were accusing Jonathan of bring back Ibori to Nigeria.To their shame every of their gibberish has turned to a big farce.Idiotic Reporters.
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by cinche(m): 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2011
How do you mean he should not drop the soap, is it an expression. I hate that guy
Re: Ibori: End Of The Road by monkeyleg: 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2011
cinche:

How do you mean he should not drop the soap, is it an expression. I hate that guy
Nobody want to drop the soap in jail, it can change ones life forever. Broda James will come out bent ans streched Fully incontinent

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tukur Responds To Obj’s Letter, Advises OBJ To Thread With Caution / 10 Most Hospitable Cities in Africa (Pictures) / I Borrowed $75m Because PDP Looted The Treasury — Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.