Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,924 members, 7,803,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 (4056 Views)

How Many States Have You Visited in Nigeria And Which State Did You Enjoy Most? / How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? / Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 6:45am On Mar 24, 2021
Hey Nairalanders, it’s Ms. Traveling Diva again!

Ok, soooooo I added a side trip Budapest during my vacation to Prague, and I simply wasn’t ready!

I should have planned more days because I had an AMAZING time there, and felt disappointed when it was time to leave.

It was cheap (flight was under 25 euros RT on Ryan Air) and everything from the shopping to the sites, food and wine tasting (yes they have VERY good wines) was on par.

Budapest is definitely on my list when travel opens and commences back to Europe. For now, I’m enjoying my memories. Also, it’s very safe, so ladies if you enjoy solo travels you will have no problems here!

Here’s what I did during short my stay:

City tour of Buda and Pest
Central Budapest
Buda Castle
Chain Bridge
Fisherman’s Bastion
Dinner at Hungarikum (be sure to make reservations and order the duck)
Wine Tasting at Doblo Wine & Bar (definitely make reservations)
Visited a few “Ruin Bars”
Try their Hungarian Beer it’s extremely good and very cheap less than $1
Did a little shopping, definitely purchase some Hungarian Paprika, and as always visited Pandora to purchase a charm that would remind of this destination!

Have you visit Budapest? Please share your experiences here!

4 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 6:46am On Mar 24, 2021
Budapest Castle and Cathedral

2 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 6:47am On Mar 24, 2021
Dinner at Hungarikum Biztro, definitely try this place, make reservations and order the duck! You won’t regret it!

3 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 6:49am On Mar 24, 2021
Wine tasting with food pairings at Doblo Wine & Bar

3 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 6:50am On Mar 24, 2021
Central Budapest

5 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 6:53am On Mar 24, 2021
Dinner (beautiful view of Chain Bridge) and a night cap (Remy Cognac) at the International Budapest Hotel which is directly across from Chain Bridge.

1 Like

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by kooldave: 7:01am On Mar 24, 2021
kiss

1 Like

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by heendrix(m): 7:13am On Mar 24, 2021
The only reason I'll leave 9ja is to go see Beautiful cities, streets n Buildings as these. Apart from that, nothing more interest me flying abroad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Dliquidmetal(m): 7:50am On Mar 24, 2021
beautiful,I think cost of living generally is cheap in Budapest yeah?

1 Like

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
beautiful,I think cost of living generally is cheap in Budapest yeah?

Yes it is, in fact cheaper than Prague.

1 Like

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Raymond0008(m): 8:27am On Mar 24, 2021
Omo! Some people get money for this life ooo, no be you gist us about wine city in carlifornia one time. E be things ooo, God no go shame us.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Cybercop2002: 8:32am On Mar 24, 2021
You get am if i get money i go build a place we be like Europe for lagos name am European quarter just like eko Atlantic
heendrix:
The only reason I'll leave 9ja is to go see Beautiful cities, streets n Buildings as these. Apart from that, nothing more interest me flying abroad

1 Like

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Itstrending: 9:12am On Mar 24, 2021
Who is bankrolling you? kiss

3 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Brainard22: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2021
Itstrending:
Exactly my thoughts

1 Like

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Dliquidmetal(m): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Yes it is, in fact cheaper than Prague.
wow!!! thanks very much for the response, I would do more research on Budapest because I'm planning to emigrate later this year
with a 2000$ monthly income working online,how well would I live there?

5 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by meobizy(f): 10:46am On Mar 24, 2021
The food selections look really good. I’m enjoying the pictures. Nigerians will look for ways to make eba and egusi, forgetting that one major benefit of traveling out is sampling the locals’ dishes. I know people who spent two years living in England yet have no idea what the people’s food tastes like.

7 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by 2Lynx(m): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
The mediaeval architectural design of Europe
The dynamic weather, though some people say it's bland,
The Food, the food, the cultural diversity of the European country at large, the ease of traveling from one country to the other on train and buses alone is amazing.
The gadgets you could buy at little price considering their currency.
Na watin dey call me for Europe be this

6 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by 2Lynx(m): 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
Itstrending:

Person suppose dey bankroll am?

3 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2021
Cybercop2002:
You get am if i get money i go build a place we be like Europe for lagos name am European quarter just like eko Atlantic
Do you what you are saying?
How can you build a place like Europe in lagos? Lol. Maybe you meant you will turn Lagos to London or Madrid etc.
But that being said, the sad reality is that our generation will never see a lagos like Johannesburg not to talk of London.

It's not about having a dream like you are saying, Rome was not build in a day. Even if we all come together to change the infrastructure of Nigeria, we will only be doing it for the next two generations. Do you know how long it takes to complete a single sky scrapper?
This is why our leaders in the past have all failed us and sadly, we too have failed the next generation that are coming because looking at what's on ground now.
For example, Nigerians celebrating a mere fly over, Nigerians celebrating a mere three story building, a mere wooden bridge by Desmond Elliot. It is clear that even our generation have failed the next generation to come.
So give or take, if we decide to start now, it will take Lagos and Abuja the next 50 years and more to look like johannesburg or cape town of south africa.

If you want to talk about London, new York, hong kong etc, then we should be looking at the next 500 years from now.

7 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
Itstrending:
She has her own money and she does her own thing. Someone must not necessarily be bankrolling her.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
When i hear Romania, the first thing that comes up in my head is Micheal jackson's tour of Budapest.
One of the greatest musical tour ever by a musician in history.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Cybercop2002: 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
CardiNice:
Do you what you are saying?
How can you build a place like Europe in lagos? Lol. Maybe you meant you will turn Lagos to London or Madrid etc.
But that being said, the sad reality is that our generation will never see a lagos like Johannesburg not to talk of London.

It's not about having a dream like you are saying, Rome was not build in a day. Even if we all come together to change the infrastructure of Nigeria, we will only be doing it for the next two generations. Do you know how long it takes to complete a single sky scrapper?
This is why our leaders in the past have all failed us and sadly, we too have failed the next generation that are coming because looking at what's on ground now.
For example, Nigerians celebrating a mere fly over, Nigerians celebrating a mere three story building, a mere wooden bridge by Desmond Elliot. It is clear that even our generation have failed the next generation to come.
So give or take, if we decide to start now, it will take Lagos and Abuja the next 50 years and more to look like johannesburg or cape town of south africa.

If you want to talk about London, new York, hong kong etc, then we should be looking at the next 500 years from now.
no i don't mean i east to build a place like Europe and Europe don't even have many skyscraper,i mean an European quarter just like eko Atlantic city mine will be a place like small London where people can feel Europe
Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
meobizy:
The food selections look really good. I’m enjoying the pictures. Nigerians will look for ways to make eba and egusi, forgetting that one major benefit of traveling out is sampling the locals’ dishes. I know people who spent two years living in England yet have no idea what the people’s food tastes like.

Yes sis! grin I always sample the local food when I travel, it’s part of the entire experience. I can stay home to eat my local food. You can learn a lot about any country culture by sampling their food (and spirits). This is even my philosophy when I travel domestically within the states.

Thank you for the support!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2021
2Lynx:
The mediaeval architectural design of Europe
The dynamic weather, though some people say it's bland,
The Food, the food, the cultural diversity of the European country at large, the ease of traveling from one country to the other on train and buses alone is amazing.
The gadgets you could buy at little price considering their currency.
Na watin dey call me for Europe be this

Indeed! It is very economical to travel from country to country in Europe, be it trains, planes or automobiles. That’s one of my recent travel tips.
Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
CardiNice:
She has her own money and she does her own thing. Someone must not necessarily be bankrolling her.

You took the words right out of my mouth, thank you friend! “Me, Myself and I”! wink

3 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by cucumbar: 3:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
All these European cities, apart from seeing ancient or historical buildings, what else is there to see?

Me I’m not a fan of museums and historical sites jor.

I’ll rather prefer visits to places like South Africa Kenya or Tanzania where you can explore places like the Serengeti and see these wild animals in their natural habitat, in addition to other stuffs.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
wow!!! thanks very much for the response, I would do more research on Budapest because I'm planning to emigrate later this year
with a 2000$ monthly income working online,how well would I live there?

I think you could live quite comfortably!
Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 5:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
cucumbar:
All these European cities, apart from seeing ancient or historical buildings, what else is there to see?

Me I’m not a fan of museums and historical sites jor.

I’ll rather prefer visits to places like South Africa Kenya or Tanzania where you can explore places like the Serengeti and see these wild animals in their natural habitat, in addition to other stuffs.

I love history and art, as well as, nature. The beauty of travel is the ability to discover and enjoy what you’re passionate about.

You learn a lot about a country, its people and their “why” by visiting and understanding their history. However, I’m glad you know what you prefer to get out of your travels!

BTW, the Serengeti is on my list for 2022, I can’t wait!!!

4 Likes

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
CardiNice:
When i hear Romania, the first thing that comes up in my head is Micheal jackson's tour of Budapest.
One of the greatest musical tour ever by a musician in history.

Yes indeed, that was an amazing musical tour. I think it was his Dangerous Tour, pure genius talent is all I can say!

1 Like

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Tats(m): 5:56pm On Mar 24, 2021
I loved Budapest when I visited. Really looking forward to going there again.

It isn't an expensive city and the Goulash soup was fantastic.

1 Like

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Mstravelindiva: 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
Tats:
I loved Budapest when I visited. Really looking forward to going there again.

It isn't an expensive city and the Goulash soup was fantastic.

Yes me too, I was pleasantly surprised at how cheap things were there from food, lodging, activities, etc, which is great because it stretches the dollar very long.

And yes the goulash was hearty and delish!

1 Like

Re: My Trip to Budapest | Visited in Feb 2020 and Nov 2023 by Dliquidmetal(m): 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

I think you could live quite comfortably!
wow!!! I cant wait to move outta this shithole,its so depressing being here

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Denmark / How Do I Apply For International Passport? / What You Don't Know About Namibia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.