Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? (11750 Views)

How Do I Retrieve Files From Hard Drive Infected With Shortcut Virus? / Recover Your Lost Files On Hard Drives Or Flash / Recover All Your Lost Files From Hard Disk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Xixtie(f): 7:15am On Mar 24, 2021
I mistakenly deleted some very important files on my PC and I had used 'shift del' which made them boycott recycle bin. Please how can I get the files back? Please help a sister, they are very important files and this is very urgent.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Simplebeauty: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2021
lipsrsealed

The steps are as follows:

Right-click on the folder that contained the permanently deleted file(s) or folder(s).

Choose 'Restore previous versions. '
From the available versions, choose the one dated when files were there.

Click 'Restore' or drag & drop the desired version at any location on the system.

#google

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2021
What should we do now?
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by BigDawsNet: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2021
With God all things are.....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by drizslim(m): 9:16am On Mar 24, 2021
Please use google, grin some of us no go fit answer this question

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2021
Xixtie,
Try one of the options below and you will recover your lost files.

Type Restore files in the search box on the taskbar,
and then select Restore your files with File History.
Look for the file you need, then use the arrows to see all its versions.
When you find the version you want, select Restore to save it in its original location.
To save it in a different place, press and hold (or right-click) Restore, select Restore to, and then choose a new location.

If you don’t have any backups and your file is not in the trash, you might want to try one of the many file recovery programs out there, either a free one or a commercial app like Piriform Recuva , or Stellar Data Recover.

Another option is Disk Drill,
a recovery tool originally designed for Mac computers and now available for Windows.
It offers help with partition loss, hard drive reformatting, failed boot-ups, accidental deletions, and more.

Another possibility to consider: Have you emailed the file to anyone?
Have you saved a copy on a cloud-based service like DropBox*, iCloud*, or SkyDrive*?
If so, you might be able to grab a copy from there.
Again, even if you lose the most recent changes, it is better than nothing.

We hope this helps.
All the very best as you recover back your lost files.

We Rise!

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by tunwumi: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2021
Try Google
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Lordthruce: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2021
Wahala dey like koi koi shoe
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by FILEBE(m): 9:17am On Mar 24, 2021
A software like Recuva should help you.
Download Recuva and see if it works.

U must need to use the hard drive as external hard drive for you to recover the deleted

Avoid using your computer or restarting it multiple times to prevent the overwriting of data.

12 Likes

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Benjaniblinks(m): 9:17am On Mar 24, 2021
angry
Take it easy! Accidental deletion is one of the common situations of data loss. Your deleted files are just marked as inaccessible data on your laptop before new data overwrites them. It will be a no big deal to recover deleted files from a laptop if you stop using your laptop immediately and use a proper laptop data recovery program.
Try the powerful and professional Recoverit Data Recovery software to restore all lost data. The file recovery program can deep scan your laptop recycle bin folder to searching your permanently deleted files.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by rainmoredays: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2021
Go to computer village

1 Like

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by GreenApples: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2021
Xixtie:
I mistakenly deleted some very important files on my PC and I had used 'shift del' which made them boycott recycle bin. Please how can I get the files back? Please help a sister, they are very important files and this is very urgent.

BAD company with yahoo boys impacted on you. Why Shift+Del on your personal laptop?

There's a way to get it back. There's a reset function ( PC RECOVERY ) that restores previous document as against previous dates if certain functions were in place on your laptop.

It's something that won't take much time. Find an engineer.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Juanmike(m): 9:17am On Mar 24, 2021
Bear the loss.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by GreaterFuture3: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2021
Nairaland is excellent at this, you will get help soon.

I need person that can supply me Wheat, Sesame, Legumes, millet Sorghum and Cashew, in tonnes at the best prices. WhatsApp in Signature
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Toluwa007(m): 9:18am On Mar 24, 2021
Try Recover my files software
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:18am On Mar 24, 2021
Use software
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Naijaepic: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2021
If you have the needed patience and able to follow technical instructions, you will do well with free software

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

Most other recovery software requires access fees and the free version limit files size to be recover.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2021
Ok
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Heartmender1: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2021
Sorry
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by confidential20: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2021
You will have to a recovery and that will require you sorting the files yourselves. Because all be restored in Fat32 storage. Easeus Data recovery should do the magic. Get the Software installed and follow the screen prompt to do the rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by ipobarethieves: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2021
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by HONOR1: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2021
Fasting and prayer
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by vickydevoka(m): 9:18am On Mar 24, 2021
U can, buh it depends. De have a software for retrieving files buh I have forgotten the name
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Yankee101: 9:19am On Mar 24, 2021
1. Check your trash

2. Try restoring the system to a most recent update (may not work unless for apps)
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Lomprico2: 9:19am On Mar 24, 2021
get this software 'disk drill' install and run it, you will see option for recovering files from recycle bin
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Classcaptain1(m): 9:19am On Mar 24, 2021
Download Recuva software. Run it depending on the kind of file you are trying to recover.
P.S: 80 % recovery chance.
Bon chance!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Kobicove(m): 9:19am On Mar 24, 2021
Xixtie:

I don't think I have ever used "Shift + Delete" in my life, I prefer to send everything to the recycle bin then empty it when I'm absolutely sure I do not need the files...

I don't envy your current situation and I wish you luck in your quest to recover your files smiley

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by Xenry: 9:19am On Mar 24, 2021
Ask Google, Nairalanders are only good in bashing and trolling.sad

Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by slickyjiggy: 9:19am On Mar 24, 2021
Take it to an engineer
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by chikabmm(m): 9:19am On Mar 24, 2021
Should have done ctrl + z to undo. I guess it’s too late if you have closed the window.
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by younglleo: 9:19am On Mar 24, 2021
Pls who have the pdf of wedlock of the gods..
Pls i need the novel soo bad
And i no get money to buy from Amazon
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Lost Files? by rhyme2all(m): 9:19am On Mar 24, 2021
Down load easy file recovery.
Install and run the app
If the file is a Microsoft office file then chances are high u will recover it

Optionally use system restore option.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

USA Used HP Probook X360 11 G2 / Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. / How To Buy Airtime From Your Bank Account (all Banks In Nigeria)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.