Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. (564 Views)

If U Av Questions Abt Spiritual Gifts Or Ministry Ask Here / Body Of Herbalist Refuses To Decay, 13 Years After Burial, Turns Museum / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 24, 2021
We all have a gift or two which was deposited in us by the Holy spirit at salvation. And these gifts are needed or required for the edifying of the Church (body of Christ). 1st Peter 4:10

First and foremost, you need to understand what spiritual gifts are.

Romans 12:6-8:
"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness."

Now, in addition to these common ones listed above, there are several other ones a child of God can operate in. Eg. The gift of faith, giving, counseling, healing and various others.

Secondly, you need to identify the spiritual gifts deposited in you and this is done by simply noting those things we love to do and do with ease.

THE USAGE OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS.

Ephesians 4:12-13 "
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"

Every child of should strive to use his or her giftings. Do not let it waste away.
Look around you, there were people whom God has positioned for you to bless with your giftings maybe by words of encouragement, healing and with the so many gifts you possess.

Be an inspiration to someone today.

Shalom.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2021
AsherAmari:
We all have a gift or two which was deposited in us by the Holy spirit at salvation. And these gifts are needed or required for the edifying of the Church (body of Christ). 1st Peter 4:10

First and foremost, you need to understand what spiritual gifts are.

Romans 12:6-8:
"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness."

Now, in addition to these common ones listed above, there are several other ones a child of God can operate in. Eg. The gift of faith, giving, counseling, healing and various others.

Secondly, you need to identify the spiritual gifts deposited in you and this is done by simply noting those things we love to do and do with ease.

THE USAGE OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS.

Ephesians 4:12-13 "
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"

Every child of should strive to use his or her giftings. Do not let it waste away.
Look around you, there were people whom God has positioned for you to bless with your giftings maybe by words of encouragement, healing and with the so many gifts you possess.
So how exactly does "edifying" the body of Christ( not your world churches, mind you) with your "spiritual gifts" happen? undecided

What is the process? What are the commands/rules given by God Himself as far as this activity, assuming it is of God, is concerned? undecided
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
author=Kobojunkie post=100172595] So how exactly does "edifying" the body of Christ( not your world churches, mind you) with your "spiritual gifts" happen? undecided
First and foremost, the body of Christ is the church.

Now the edifying happens by using those gifts to teach the children of God and the unsaved about God and His words. Making them understand the importance and reason for serving God and for them not perish on the last day.

What is the process? What are the commands/rules given by God Himself as far as this activity, assuming it is of God, is concerned? undecided
The process is by making use of those gifts anytime and everywhere you have the opportunity to. Either in church through ministering, early morning cry, preaching and teaching in the public places like the bus, social media groups, market place and offices.

Shalom.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
AsherAmari:
First and foremost, the body of Christ is the church.
I am afraid you are thoroughly mistaken. You see, Jesus Christ never gave His followers any commands as regards the setting up your church-houses or the congregating you do in them in His name. undecided
The Church that is the Body of Jesus Christ instead refers to His followers, those who believe in Him and accept(trust) and obey the commandments/teachings of Jesus Christ - Truths that He gave them 2000 years ago. undecided
AsherAmari:
Now the edifying happens by using those gifts to teach the children of God and the unsaved about God and His words. Making them understand the importance and reason for serving God and for them not perish on the last day.
Interesting claim you make there. Jesus Christ taught His followers that He alone is the only Teacher as far as His followers are concerned.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
So when you say that "edifying" happens by using those gifts to teach the children of God, you mean it is used in disobedience of Jesus Christ's own commandments? undecided

Now, when Jesus Christ sent His followers out into the world to teach the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, He did not send them to those who already believe, but to those who did not believe. Why then does this practice of "edifying" seem to do that which Jesus Christ has not commanded at all, and against the Will of God? undecided
AsherAmari:
The process is by making use of those gifts anytime and everywhere you have the opportunity to. Either in church through ministering, early morning cry, preaching and teaching in the public places like the bus, social media groups, market place and offices.
Everywhere you have the opportunity to or wherever the one who gave you these gifts lead you to using them? undecided

1 Like

Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you are thoroughly mistaken. You see, Jesus Christ never gave His followers any commands as regards the setting up your church-houses or the congregating you do in them in His name. undecided
The Church that is the Body of Jesus Christ instead refers to His followers, those who believe in Him and accept(trust) and obey the commandments/teachings of Jesus Christ - Truths that He gave them 2000 years ago. undecided
Interesting claim you make there. Jesus Christ taught His followers that He alone is the only Teacher as far as His followers are concerned.
So when you say that "edifying" happens by using those gifts to teach the children of God, you mean it is used in disobedience of Jesus Christ's own commandments? undecided

Now, when Jesus Christ sent His followers out into the world to teach the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, He did not send them to those who already believe, but to those who did not believe. Why then does this practice of "edifying" seem to do that which Jesus Christ has not commanded at all, and against the Will of God? undecided
Everywhere you have the opportunity to or wherever the one who gave you these gifts lead you to using them? undecided

I don't have your strength. Please.
Didnt post this to cause argument.

Shalom.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Mar 24, 2021
AsherAmari:
I don't have your strength. Please.
Didnt post this to cause argument.
Next time don't post these unvalidated claims in a forum where people can evaluate them for the validity of the claims contained. undecided

1 Like

Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Next time don't post these unvalidated claims in a forum where people can evaluate them for the validity of the claims contained. undecided

Just stop. Ok?

You can't tell me what to post and my post is not unvalidated. Please. Huh!
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
AsherAmari:
Just stop. Ok? You can't tell me what to post and my post is not unvalidated. Please. Huh!
The reason for the questions I ask is because the teachings of Jesus Christ are the Gospel of the Kingdom of God that we are called to teach the world. Any teaching that deviates from it is not of Him. undecided
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The reason for the questions I ask is because the teachings of Jesus Christ are the Gospel of the Kingdom of God that we are called to teach the world. Any teaching that deviates from it is not of Him. undecided

How does my post deviates from the gospel of the kingdom?

Just preach or Teach as you would.

Thank you.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
AsherAmari:
How does my post deviates from the gospel of the kingdom?Just preach or Teach as you would.
Thank you.
If it doesn't, you would have any problems answering the questions I have posted so far, would you? undecided
We are called to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God as documented in the 4 Gospels. Any other doctrines that do not conform are of men, and heap curses on those who follow them. undecided
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If it doesn't, you would have any problems answering the questions I have posted so far, would you? undecided
We are called to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God as documented in the 4 Gospels. Any other doctrines that do not conform are of men, and heap curses on those who follow them. undecided

You better change.

Don't derail my post again. You hear?
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
AsherAmari:
You better change.
Don't derail my post again. You hear?
I didn't derail your post.. you did that all by yourself! undecided
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't derail your post.. you did that all by yourself! undecided

Ok.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 31, 2021
What is that gift that is lying dormant in you? Stir it up now and begin to use it to the glory of God.

Shalom.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by hoopernikao: 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:

You are the one Bro that is posting unvalidated claim about the church of God and Christ instructions. I have challenged you on this before and you have no clear cut explanation to your rejection of the gathering of believers. If you can't understand the importance and instructions in believers gathering, how do you understand what it means to edify one another as explained in the OP.

I repeat to you again, the scriptures has over 1000 verses that portrayed God's heart and desire for his people to gather. I have been asking you to give me ONE Single scripture that support your claim of not gathering. Till date non is seen.

The truth is, a fundamental element of God's worship is absolutely missing in all your claims, and that's what the OP is addressing: Edification of the body.

Though I want to believe you are part of the body but rejecting it's practices it's a fundamental gap in your theology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
hoopernikao:

You are the one Bro that is posting unvalidated claim about the church of God and Christ instructions. I have challenged you on this before and you have no clear cut explanation to your rejection of the gathering of believers. If you can't understand the importance and instructions in believers gathering, how do you understand what it means to edify one another as explained in the OP.

I repeat to you again, the scriptures has over 1000 verses that portrayed God's heart and desire for his people to gather. I have been asking you to give me ONE Single scripture that support your claim of not gathering. Till date non is seen.

The truth is, a fundamental element of God's worship is absolutely missing in all your claims, and that's what the OP is addressing: Edification of the body.

Though I want to believe you are part of the body but rejecting it's practices it's a fundamental gap in your theology.

Gbam!

God bless you for driving home the point. I hope he gets to understand soon.

1 Like

Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
AsherAmari:

Gbam!
God bless you for driving home the point. I hope he gets to understand soon.
Drive home what point? Never as part of His Old Covenant, or His New Covenant did God command His followers to gather as you do in your churches as you do today. So what point do you suggest there makes? undecided

Seriously, the reason you all continue to allow yourselves be deceived in the name of God is beyond me. I don't understand it at all. undecided
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2021
hoopernikao:

Again, Jesus Christ, as part of His New Covenant which includes about 46 commandments NEVER included in there a commandment stipulating that His followers gather among themselves in the way that you do in your churches in this world -Not a single commandments suggests or even mandates such a gathering. So, I am not sure what you keep harping at when it is made clear in the teachings of Jesus Christ that no such mandate was given His followers. undecided

Only God knows those who belong to Him and only He can and will make them gather onto Him. In Matthew w5 vs 31 -46, Jesus Christ tells of such a gathering to take place when He returns to us. undecided

The very foundations of your world churches were laid on the doctrines and traditions of men, lies that Jesus Christ declared were against Him and the very power of God. So why you proclaim they are of God when they are built on that which is against God is beyond me. undecided

So, again, I don't understand why you think you can force your ideas in this when God Himself never commanded any of it.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Drive home what point? Never as part of His Old Covenant, or His New Covenant did God command His followers to gather as you do in your churches as you do today. So what point do you suggest there makes? undecided

Seriously, the reason you all continue to allow yourselves be deceived in the name of God is beyond me. I don't understand it at all. undecided

Whichever way you chose to see it junkie. provided it's not a gathering unto evil, no problems.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, Jesus Christ, as part of His New Covenant which includes about 46 commandments NEVER included in there a commandment stipulating that His followers gather among themselves in the way that you do in your churches in this world -Not a single commandments suggests or even mandates such a gathering. So, I am not sure what you keep harping at when it is made clear in the teachings of Jesus Christ that no such mandate was given His followers. undecided

Only God knows those who belong to Him and only He can and will make them gather onto Him. In Matthew w5 vs 31 -46, Jesus Christ tells of such a gathering to take place when He returns to us. undecided

The very foundations of your world churches were laid on the doctrines and traditions of men, lies that Jesus Christ declared were against Him and the very power of God. So why you proclaim they are of God when they are built on that which is against God is beyond me. undecided

So, again, I don't understand why you think you can force your ideas in this when God Himself never commanded any of it.

You act like you care or are concerned about God and His words but you're indirectly fighting against Christians.

Just change.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2021
AsherAmari:

Whichever way you chose to see it junkie. provided it's not a gathering unto evil, no problems.
It is not commanded of God but it is sold to you as if it were...that is evil and against God. undecided

Many of you gather, believing in your hearts the lie that God Himself commanded it...that is evil!. undecided

Many of you pretend the doctrines and traditions of men that you are fed in these gatherings are of God, when they are not...that is evil undecided

You have been deceived away from doing that which God has commanded you to do, as you instead do that which me command ..that is evil. undecided

You have gone against the Word of God Himaelf by declaring for yourselves other teacher and masters where God commanded that He alone is your one and only Teacher and Master. What you have done is evil! undecided

By attending these gatherings, imbibing these doctrines and traditions of men, rejecting the very teachings of Jesus Christ, disobeying His very Truth and listening to me who you have placed in the seat that belongs to God in your lives, you heap curses on yourselves... Evil . undecided
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is not commanded of God but it is sold to you as if it were...that is evil and against God. undecided

Many of you gather, believing in your hearts the lie that God Himself commanded it...that is evil!. undecided

Many of you pretend the doctrines and traditions of men that you are fed in these gatherings are of God, when they are not...that is evil undecided

You have been deceived away from doing that which God has commanded you to do, as you instead do that which me command ..that is evil. undecided

You have gone against the Word of God Himaelf by declaring for yourselves other teacher and masters where God commanded that He alone is your one and only Teacher and Master. What you have done is evil! undecided

By attending these gatherings, imbibing these doctrines and traditions of men, rejecting the very teachings of Jesus Christ, disobeying His very Truth and listening to me who you have placed in the seat that belongs to God in your lives, you heap curses on yourselves... Evil . undecided

Kobojunkie go and rest abeg! That's what you need.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
AsherAmari:
Kobojunkie go and rest abeg! That's what you need.
You can keep your rest to yourself. undecided

Just like the Old Covenant before it, the New Covenant includes blessings, for those who obey and curses for those who disobedience. Now imagine this, every moment you live as a believer in disobedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ, you heap curses upon yourself as a result. undecided

Open your bible to read the four gospels and find out what curses are upon the lives of those who do not accept and obey the commandments of Jesus Christ, and you will find that one of the most painful is the curse on those who adopt the doctrines and tradition of men in place of the Truth as taught by Jesus Christ. While they walk around believing that they belong to God, the truth is these people, by their disobedience, render the power of God null and void in their lives, making all their claimed worship of God of no meaning to God. Talk about living a meaningless existence. undecided
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You can keep your rest to yourself. undecided

Just like the Old Covenant before it, the New Covenant includes blessings, for those who obey and curses for those who disobedience. Now imagine this, every moment you live as a believer in disobedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ, you heap curses upon yourself as a result. undecided

Open your bible to read the four gospels and find out what curses are upon the lives of those who do not accept and obey the commandments of Jesus Christ, and you will find that one of the most painful is the curse on those who adopt the doctrines and tradition of men in place of the Truth as taught by Jesus Christ. While they walk around believing that they belong to God, the truth is these people, by their disobedience, render the power of God null and void in their lives, making all their claimed worship of God of no meaning to God. Talk about living a meaningless existence. undecided

How many followers have you won for Christ?
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
AsherAmari:
How many followers have you won for Christ?
Did Jesus Christ tell you to go win Him followers? undecided

The command was simple...go into the world and preach the very Gospel of the Kingdom of God which He taught to His followers, baptizing those who believe. Jesus Christ never asked you to win Him followers...nor did He suggest that you could do that of your own power and will. undecided

He asked you to teach His Gospel to those who He sends you to(through the lead of His Spirit). So why are you keeping scores of your imaginary followers you have won? For whom do you do such vain acts? undecided

You need to engage your mind in all of what you allow into you from these men you have allowed as gods over your life. We will all be judged by the same measure. So if you think you will somehow be considered a lower rank and given lesser punishment for the part you play in all of this, you are deceived. undecided
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did Jesus Christ tell you to go win Him followers? undecided

The command was simple...go into the world and preach the very Gospel of the Kingdom of God which He taught to His followers, baptizing those who believe. Jesus Christ never asked you to win Him followers...nor did He suggest that you could do that of your own power and will. undecided

He asked you to teach His Gospel to those who He sends you to(through the lead of His Spirit). So why are you keeping scores of your imaginary followers you have won? For whom do you do such vain acts? undecided

You need to engage your mind in all of what you allow into you from these men you have allowed as gods over your life. We will all be judged by the same measure. So if you think you will somehow be considered a lower rank and given lesser punishment for the part you play in all of this, you are deceived. undecided

You just like twisting words. We are saying the same thing.

What's the idea of preaching the gospel, is it not to win souls? Forget the word used there. It is what it is.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
AsherAmari:

You just like twisting words. We are saying the same thing.
What's the idea of preaching the gospel, is it not to win souls? Forget the word used there. It is what it is.
We are not saying the same thing at all. Man cannot win souls ... it is impossible for men to accomplish such feats. undecided

Your soul winning exercises were instead designed to be used in filling seats in your church organizations, and increasing profit for the Kingdom of men, and not God's. undecided

Through these very soul winning activities and events, a country like Nigeria now boasts of having about 70 million church goers... but all is said and said, how many of the 70 million seat fillers in your churches of men are truly of God? How many of them can you see the light that is Jesus Christ shining from? undecided

How many of the 70 million even know at least 10 of the 50 of the commandments that are contained in the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ? undecided

Stop deceiving yourselves pretending you do so for the sake of God. Jesus Christ intended for His followers to teach His Truth to those in the world. So far , all many of you have resorted to doing is teaching your brand of the Gospel, against the very commandment of Jesus Christ, to those in the world instead. undecided
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
We are not saying the same thing at all. Man cannot win souls ... it is impossible for men to accomplish such feats. undecided

Your soul winning exercises were instead designed to be used in filling seats in your church organizations, and increasing profit for the Kingdom of men, and not God's. undecided

Through these very soul winning activities and events, a country like Nigeria now boasts of having about 70 million church goers... but all is said and said, how many of the 70 million seat fillers in your churches of men are truly of God? How many of them can you see the light that is Jesus Christ shining from? undecided

How many of the 70 million even know at least 10 of the 50 of the commandments that are contained in the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ? undecided

Stop deceiving yourselves pretending you do so for the sake of God. Jesus Christ intended for His followers to teach His Truth to those in the world. So far , all many of you have resorted to doing is teaching your brand of the Gospel, against the very commandment of Jesus Christ, to those in the world instead. undecided

You keep fabricating things that don't happen just to back up your claims.

Anyways, I refuse to be caught up in your argument as usual.

Shalom.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2021
AsherAmari:

You keep fabricating things that don't happen just to back up your claims.
Anyways, I refuse to be caught up in your argument as usual.
Shalom.
You accuse me of fabricating things but you are never willing to back up your accusation by actually pointing to what it is I supposedly fabricated. undecided
Are you sure you are not projecting something there instead? undecided
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by hoopernikao: 8:04am On Apr 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Your statement aren't sincere.
You are only trying to wrestle with the scriptures, and hide behind uncertainties.

You denied discipleship, is it not Jesus commandment? You denied gathering, a practice you see the one you called your lord engaged in.

A man who deny such is almost denying his faith. Such doctrine is worst than man's doctrine, it's working towards the desires of God's enemy.

If you can't see that the practices of the early church written in Acts were drawn from all Jesus commandment to the Apostles, then you aren't sincere.

Your personal distrust for a set of gathering will not undo the work of God in the gathering of his people.

Simply put, the root of your resentment to believers gathering is not driven by the scriptures but self distrust drawn from wrong experience. Yet a man experience cannot negate God's plan and purpose.

The action of a believer neglecting his gathering is rooted in either selfishness and ignorance, I am still trying to know your category in this.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 01, 2021
hoopernikao:

You are only trying to wrestle with the scriptures, and hide behind uncertainties.

You denied discipleship, is it not Jesus commandment? You denied gathering, a practice you see the one you called your lord engaged in.

A man who deny such is almost denying his faith. Such doctrine is worst than man's doctrine, it's working towards the desires of God's enemy.

If you can't see that the practices of the early church written in Acts were drawn from all Jesus commandment to the Apostles, then you aren't sincere.

Your personal distrust for a set of gathering will not undo the work of God in the gathering of his people.

Simply put, the root of your resentment to believers gathering is not driven by the scriptures but self distrust drawn from wrong experience. Yet a man experience cannot negate God's plan and purpose.

The action of a believer neglecting his gathering is rooted in either selfishness and ignorance, I am still trying to know your category in this.

Ignore him.
He was an Atheist. He just accepted Christ ( I wanna believe) or started believing in God. So he's still going through a process in his Spiritual life. That's why im going easy on him.

Hes my brother and I know how to handle him. Just be praying for him. I pray he'll come around some day by the power of the Holy spirit.

Shalom.
Re: Edifying THE BODY OF CHRIST With Your Spiritual Gifts. by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2021
hoopernikao:

How can I deny discipleship when I myself am a disciple of Jesus Christ? And I have made it severally clear to you that we are called to go preach the very Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world, just as Jesus taught us to do, baptizing those who believe ? You really aren't making any sense to me in this tirade of yours. undecided

The practices of the early churches, my personal distrust of gatherings, resentment to believers? What am I supposed to do with these ramblings of yours? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Comments On Prophet TB Joshua / Sin Is Very Sweet! / What Fasting Does To Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.