Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor (35092 Views)

Arrogant Covid_19 Vaccines Supporter Dies From The Vaccine. / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / 7 Contemporary Nigerian Gospel Artistes In Their 20s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by tribalistdcriti: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
T
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by thorpido(m): 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2021
What's he saying? Generalizing with just an event he witnessed?
He's doing the same thing he's accusing them of.There's arrogance in his speech.
Many gospel artistes are not poor.......not Frank Edward,not Nathaniel Bassey not Sinach......
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never gave His followers any commands that have to do with singing songs to God, nor did He instruct that songs of praises be erected in His name. So all una gospel songs might as well be considered false under doctrines and traditions of men as far as His teaching is concerned. And we know that Jesus Christ warned against such vain worship. undecided

God no give special sanctions to "gospel songs", so all your songs have to do with this world and not His kingdom.
I wish to know the church or temple you attend........or the one you started.Na Latter Day Saints?
Your belief and doctrines dey one kind.

3 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Xdesign79: 6:17pm On Mar 28, 2021
This guy really made a good point
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by jaxxy(m): 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nothing wrong in copying good circular things tho. U are called to be a light doesn’t mean u should look down on them or think everything they do is bad. undecided

I agree with other things he said.

2 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by TruthHurts1(m): 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2021
Gospel musicians are not the same as wretched, illiterate, impoverished ab.o.kis who come to beg at my church gate every Sunday morning.

Patrioticman007:
What do you expect ?

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by jazon(m): 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2021
hmm
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13322513_enoteonly_png9bd03a494fa8aaa4c6a8b77582e43eee

Do you know Enote can help you convert any book to Softcopy? Yes, any texbook to an editable format like Docx, pdf, epub etc.
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by judedwriter(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2021
Any true worshipper of God in spirit and truth shouldn't be poor.

Anyone committed to praising God shouldn't be poor.

Many choirsters aren't true worshippers, same thing with many gospel artists.
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Igbankpa(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2021
They are rich in Christ Jesus

I lost my job since last December. I've been idle ever since and it's driving me crazy. Please please and please if you are into cinematography. Help your boy, carry me along! Abeg make I serve you! I wan learn work! Help a young man fulfill his dream. I'm a fast learner and I humble die . I live on the mainland and also have a place on the island I can relocate if need be. Also I'm a graduate of political science, I'm 26, I'm a hard worker. I really need a job please contact me if you have any
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Basemann: 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2021

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by 2shaw: 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
Its not like their lyrics are diff,its all the same thing they are singing,so damn boring. I was so when I got into a useless pub transport who scammed us with a/c,after buying fuel full tank,he said open window well,a/c no work. When we got to ore,I told him my mind after finish eating suya,no a/c and still u choke us with boring gospel song for whr bus get rooftop dvd. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by emerged01(m): 6:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never gave His followers any commands that have to do with singing songs to God, nor did He instruct that songs of praises be erected in His name. So all una gospel songs might as well be considered false under doctrines and traditions of men as far as His teaching is concerned. And we know that Jesus Christ warned against such vain worship. undecided

God no give special sanctions to "gospel songs", so all your songs have to do with this world and not His kingdom.
You guys always have something to say. Paul and Silas wey sing inside prison na for themselves abi?.

Acts 16:25 (KJV): “And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.”

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
Asu who?

You actually sounds like the people you are talking about.

Log and speck in eye comes to mind

3 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Mryacks: 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
PastorandMentor:
Popular Gospel singer Asu Ekiye has come under fire to warn gospel artists who are proud and carry themselves like they have arrived.

His post on Facebook which he tagged
GOSPEL ARTISTES AND ARROGANCE
has been getting many reactions as he shares his experience with some music artists who are too proud.
Read what he wrote.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159547362292848&id=526662847

I concur with the things this fella said....
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Basemann: 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2021

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Duplexxx: 6:30pm On Mar 28, 2021
This guy is some how correct chai

I dey reason na

He be like true

If burna boy, davido, star boy, witzkid, naira marley are gospel singers this guy will not say this kind of bullshit

Nonsense talk
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Omeleyi: 6:32pm On Mar 28, 2021
Trash Talk (TT)

Kobojunkie:

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by dex4sure: 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2021
please help a brother, am dying of hunger. nomatter how little please brothers.
2119371453 zenith bank
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Basemann: 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by myk2mic: 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Madam sure say no be pastor Gino jennings church u dey attend , u harsh ohhh , the way u are running with ur new found faith is surprising, consider ur former self lol
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Nuelito: 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2021
Just speechless
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by dex4sure: 6:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
please help a brother, am dying of hunger. nomatter how little please brothers.
2119371453 zenith bank
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Talknochip(m): 6:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
too much sense!

you hear songs from Hearts that are not broken, you see wealth and material things been display in gospel videos...

very true, the secular musicians shouldn't be an example for the gospel musicians to follow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by wman(m): 6:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
Gbogbo eleyi o necessary.

He shouldn't have said this out as a fellow gospel artiste.
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by DebbieSylvex(f): 6:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
post=100288039:
Now this is stupid and foolish from you. Sounding so pompous, arrogant and %$@%# OUR GOD IS NOT A GOD OF CONFUSION.
must u openly insult someone? lotta pipo don't have 5 naira home training.....
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by longjohnodu(m): 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
dangotesmummy:
lipsrsealed

You better say what you know.nathaniel Bassey is not poor

Tope Alabi is not poor

Sinach is not poor

Dunsin oyekan is not poor

Ebenezer obey is not poor so use your tongue to count your teeth

Moreover you don't expect them to be acting immature and be showing off money and jewelleries on social media.these are matured people not influenced by intoxicants so please
they are among the one percent who are rich..that is why he said 99% bro..

1 Like

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by hush15: 6:48pm On Mar 28, 2021
dangotesmummy:
lipsrsealed

You better say what you know.nathaniel Bassey is not poor

Tope Alabi is not poor

Sinach is not poor

Dunsin oyekan is not poor

Ebenezer obey is not poor so use your tongue to count your teeth

Moreover you don't expect them to be acting immature and be showing off money and jewelleries on social media.these are matured people not influenced by intoxicants so please

While you might be right but you are not their problem manager. You can still be a billionaire and be poor, hope you know
Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Patrioticman007(m): 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Gospel musicians are not the same as wretched, illiterate, impoverished ab.o.kis who come to beg at my church gate every Sunday morning.

Are these not your tribes mother's that gave birth to you ?.

See them, online billionaires ,Psquare rightly said all na audio. Poorman no dey for Instagram & potopoto republic

Re: Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor by Triangles1(m): 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Wow!

Honestly, Asu Ekiye makes some real sense here.

You're right, biblically secular songs is forbidden, the only person that worth to be praise should be all mighty God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? / Apostle Suleman Prophesied That INEC Would Shift Presidential Election (video) / Prophetic Picture Of The Year 2023 By Daniel Olukoya (G.O Mfm Worldwide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.