Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,684 members, 7,801,968 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience (678 Views)

A Lady Arrested For Helping Fainted Cleaner (pics, Video) / Traders Rally Round Widow Who Fainted Due To Hunger / A Shocked Uniport Student Suffered An Epileptic Fit As Her Friend Fainted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by NaijaMutant(f): 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
Fainting is an experience where one passes out or looses consciousness due to various reasons that remains unexplained.

We would like to explore the experiences of members of this great forum as regards to this subject.

Have you fainted before?

What led to it ?

What was your experience?

Is fainting a medical case?

What is the usual first aid given to a person who fainted?

If the victim is left unattended to, can it lead to death?

Why do some people have multiple fainting experiences while others don't experience it?

Kindly share your knowledge or experience.
Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by osamz007: 7:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
I FAINTED WHEN I HEARD BUHARI WON THE ELECTION FOR SECOND TERM

I KNEW WE WERE IN FOR TROUBLE.

Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by NaijaMutant(f): 7:36pm On Mar 24, 2021
osamz007:
I FAINTED WHEN I HEARD BUHARI WON THE ELECTION FOR SECOND TERM

I KNEW WE WERE IN FOR TROUBLE.

Joking about this will likely defeat the purpose of this thread.

@dominique, are you a medical personnel?
Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by Bornsinner7: 7:37pm On Mar 24, 2021
It's a funny question op.. it's like asking a dead person what it feels like to be dead..

Being unconscious is simply lacking awareness of happenings around you.. a blank memory devoid of content.. so how can one explain that.. it will be the people around the individual at the time of the occurrence that can explain what happened..

An individual who fainted can only explain what happened before and after he fainted

Talking about first aid.. the only time I've been around a person who fainted.. it was water they poured on him till he regained consciousness and he didn't even know what happened in the past minutes
NaijaMutant:

Does this mean that a person who faints doesn't require any or much medical assistance?

I'm not a medical practitioner but I'm sure it requires.. that's why there's first aid
Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by NaijaMutant(f): 8:03pm On Mar 24, 2021
Bornsinner7:
It's a funny question op.. it's like asking a dead person what it feels like to be dead..

Being unconscious is simply lacking awareness of happenings around you.. a blank memory devoid of content.. so how can one explain that.. it will be the people around the individual at the time of the occurrence that can explain what happened..

An individual who fainted can only explain what happened before and after he fainted

Talking about first aid.. the only time I've been around a person who fainted.. it was water they poured on him till he regained consciousness and he didn't even know what happened in the past minutes

Does this mean that a person who faints doesn't require any or much medical assistance?
Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by Yemike(m): 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
I've fainted twice before.
The first time my parents were there while I was alone during the second experience.
Both happened during the night after taking just a few step after urinating.

My experience? Nothing. Just woke up with bruises. The first incident came with bruises on my arm and I had a cut on my lip which was swollen like I was punched.

Causes: I sold off almost 20 bags of my blood in the space of a year and i was still in the game then.

This is a confession.
Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by NaijaMutant(f): 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2021
Yemike:
I've fainted twice before.
The first time my parents were there while I was alone during the second experience.
Both happened during the night after taking just a few step after urinating.

My experience? Nothing. Just woke up with bruises. The first incident came with bruises on my arm and I had a cut on my lip which was swollen like I was punched.

Causes: I sold off almost 20 bags of my blood in the space of a year and i was still in the game then.

This is a confession.

Kindly speak literally.

What does sold off almost 20 bags of blood mean?
Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by Yemike(m): 11:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
NaijaMutant:

Kindly speak literally.

What does sold off almost 20 bags of blood mean?
Donating blood at blood bank and labs for cash lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by NaijaMutant(f): 7:17am On Mar 25, 2021
Yemike:

Donating blood at blood bank and labs for cash lipsrsealed

Isn't that blood money undecided
Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by NaijaMutant(f): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2021
Airoflaw:
I be Agbo boy (herbs)

Do herbs prevent fainting?
Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by Airoflaw(m): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2021
I be Agbo boy (herbs)
Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by Shedrack777: 7:44pm On Mar 29, 2021
i fainted once. i fell from the top of a storeyed building. people around said i passed out for 20minutes but, to me, i thought it was just maybe few seconds and i even couldn't recall how i fell down or how the ladder broke. i only realise i was in a hospital. it was the grace of God i'm still alive

1 Like

Re: Have You Fainted Or Passed Out Before? Share Your Experience by NaijaMutant(f): 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2021
Shedrack777:
i fainted once. i fell from the top of a storeyed building. people around said i passed out for 20minutes but, to me, i thought it was just maybe few seconds and i even couldn't recall how i fell down or how the ladder broke. i only realise i was in a hospital. it was the grace of God i'm still alive

What a scary experience!

Thanks for sharing.

Lalasticlala, your experience is also needed here undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Mental Disorder? Advice Needed / How To Prevent Unwanted Pregnancy, Clear Blocked Fallopian Tube & Cure Private P / I'm Experiencing A Reoccurrence Of Malaria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.