Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat (21943 Views)

Nigeria Super Eagles Travel To Benin By Boat For AFCON Qualifier (Photos, Video) / Lesotho Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (2 - 4) Full Time / South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Nemere2020: 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2021
Due to the proximity of the West African countries, Gernot Rohr's men will travel to Porto Novo on water.

Nigeria will travel to Benin by boat for their penultimate 2022 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying game in Porto Novo, Goal can confirm.

The Super Eagles who are currently camped in Lagos, are scheduled to leave the Southwestern part of Nigeria a day before Saturday’s clash at the Charles de Gaulle Stadium.

There is the assurance of adequate security for Gernot Rohr’s men and they will be expected to return to Lagos by Sunday for their final AFCON qualifying fixture against Lesotho at the Teslim Balogun Stadium.

Nigeria lead the Group L table after picking up eight points from four matches and Benin trail the three-time African champions by just a point in second spot.

Back in November 2019, Nigeria defeated Benin 2-1 in their first qualifying match as goals from Victor Osimhen and Samuel Kalu cancelled out Stephane Sessegnon's opener to give the hosts maximum points at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium.

Earlier this month, the President of the Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick said the FA was contemplating either going to Benin by road or by boat with support from the Lagos State Government.

"Going to Cotonou by boat, I do that all the time when we were going to inspect, we did it, there's nothing wrong in exploring other forms of adventure in Nigeria,” Pinnick said .

"There's nobody in Lagos that has not been to Ilashe or been to Tarkwa Bay, so it's the same thing, so what's the big deal?

"Look at the Lagos boat terminal, it's one of the best in the world that I've seen, so why don't we use all those things if we have them?

"So it's just a projection, we have not agreed on it. We are looking at going by road to Cotonou which is our next-door neighbour because even if you want to leave Eko Hotel to the Murtala Muhammed Airport it is half the journey of going to Cotonou, so why do you need to fly and go to Cotonou?

"We might either go by road, we are working with the Lagos State Government, from here I have a meeting with the Lagos State Governor.

"All those are things we want to explore and see what is best suited for that and once we say we are going by the creeks to Cotonou, of course, we'll provide every requisite, will provide the enabling environment for them to go in terms of security, in terms of everything.

"But people should look at Nigeria beyond that, there's no country in this world that doesn't have black spots but we live and try to live."
https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/afcon-qualifiers-super-eagles-to-travel-to-benin-by-boat/f47lz1sbriy0127dsn8o7tzr0?__twitter_impression=true

4 Likes

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by duro4chang(m): 10:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
Why not Luxury bus? I hope you have original lifejackets for them. Don't risk people's lives .

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by nastyesco(m): 5:13am On Mar 25, 2021
Nnamdi Kanu for President!
Kanu/El-Rufai 2023
They will bring the World cup to Nigeria

IPOB to the World

8 Likes

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Abboki: 5:14am On Mar 25, 2021
cool
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by ipobarethieves: 5:15am On Mar 25, 2021
sad
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Lordjiggs09(m): 5:15am On Mar 25, 2021
Not a bad idea for a change.

Umu-Igbo biko lee anya na signature mu. A bu mu mazi Chinagorom Alexander, a bu mu onye ndi Bekee na akpo engineer na afu maka iwurite ulo ya na olu construction. Anyi na eme kwa land survey ya na izu ahia ala na ulo na ala igbo. Kpoturu mu na akala ekwenti ma o bu na whatsapp: efu-asato-efu-isii-ano-ano-asaa-ato-ano-ano-ato.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by GoldenJAT(m): 5:16am On Mar 25, 2021
Easy oh!!

1 Like

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Rufex07(m): 5:16am On Mar 25, 2021
grin
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Virginnn(f): 5:17am On Mar 25, 2021
It is football game Biko, not excursion.
if you guys have looted everything with nothing left for flight ticket, just arrange one molue for them if you can't afford a luxurious bus.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 25, 2021
Better use another option,this is Nigeria where nothing, absolutely nothing works

6 Likes

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by lemon10(m): 5:17am On Mar 25, 2021
hmm
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Allem(m): 5:17am On Mar 25, 2021
Nigeria government like propaganda shall
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:17am On Mar 25, 2021
There is the assurance of adequate security for Gernot Rohr’s men and they will be expected to return to Lagos by Sunday for their final AFCON qualifying fixture against Lesotho at the Teslim Balogun Stadium.
GO, EAGLES GO

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18am On Mar 25, 2021
Going to Cotonou by boat, we do that all the time, there's nothing wrong in exploring other forms of adventure in Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by ScamHunter: 5:19am On Mar 25, 2021
Hmmmmm, this country sef. Lest I forget, our roads have been taken over by bandits and kidnappers so hopefully, the waterways are safer. We are grateful that the Herdsmen haven't remembered piracy yet. We are appreciative for small mercies.

8 Likes

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by TheGreatIYANU: 5:19am On Mar 25, 2021
duro4chang:
Why not Luxury bus? I hope you have original lifejackets for them. Don't risk people's lives .

Valid question. I'm not sure why they should go through high sea stress before a major match like this.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:19am On Mar 25, 2021
duro4chang:

TheGreatIYANU:

Valid question. I'm not sure why they should go through high sea stress before a major match like this.
Don't get it confused Great guys.
We know you really care about your country, especiallyour footballers..... rightly so.
Keep it up guys.
God bless you and people like you who cares.

But no be this kind boat dem wan take carry dem go grin cheesy wink
No be dis kin one d news dey talk o cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by anuoluwapo884(m): 5:19am On Mar 25, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Odward(m): 5:20am On Mar 25, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by RisenJoe(m): 5:20am On Mar 25, 2021
Abeg let the werey FG provide enough security for our boys ooo,,, or we will invite ESN to protect them from bandits

5 Likes

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Triangles1(m): 5:21am On Mar 25, 2021
Ogbeni remove my name from the list because I'm not going, traveling by boat of NG.
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 25, 2021
Shame on every Nigerian.
Very soon, super eagles will start trekking to their respective countries for matches in honour of the country.

Nigeria as it presently stands is a comic relief and an absurdity to any thinking human being. The rest are animals.

They should've told us the FA is broke and I will foot the bill for a chartered flight.

7 Likes

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Rugaria: 5:24am On Mar 25, 2021
Pinnick abi picnic should stop frothing at the mouth and get the eagles over to cotonou by plane! Going by sea is full of risks. This man runs an organization that should be making millions but he's always complaining of cash while living lavish.
The corruption in the Nigeria football federation is high and is now starting to put the lives of players at risk..

7 Likes

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by Anneka101(f): 5:28am On Mar 25, 2021
I hope they are not traveling in the dilapidated boats the op displace up there.

I think they should travel in a well modern boats. Please they are our heros and we don't want stories that touch.

I wish them good luck and safe journey.
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by naijadrivablog: 5:30am On Mar 25, 2021
No be juju be that?
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by martolux(m): 5:32am On Mar 25, 2021
If they like, they should go by canoe! Make them sha wear better life jacket.
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by kyuniii(m): 5:33am On Mar 25, 2021
I wish them safe journey.
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat by OfficialGaGa(m): 5:35am On Mar 25, 2021
By boat? grin.... hmm... I know most international players dat love to play for their country once everyday In a week and twice on a Saturdays and Sundays... but would not even like the idea of a boat... they would even refer a bus... if no airplane...

But Naija different... very soon players go train finish and NFF go tell dem say make Dem use their own money transport go match venue...
BTW, the pinnick abi picnic guy na typical thief... just like most of he people for Warri... from pastors to politicians

Mad people everywhere...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m / Physically Challenged Persons Participating In The Lagos Marathon (Photos) / Mark Otabor Got AS Roma Deal After Commentary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.