Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,004 members, 7,803,329 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Is Doing Freelancing In Freelancer And Upwork Nowadays Worth It - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Doing Freelancing In Freelancer And Upwork Nowadays Worth It (388 Views)

Is Studying Computer Science In A Public Nigeria University Worth It / Is Decagon Worth It? / US Number And Upwork (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Doing Freelancing In Freelancer And Upwork Nowadays Worth It by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
I realized something..I partially visit upwork and freelancer almost every day I search for front-end development jobs I encountered that the job are not too much and there are tons of freelancers there.. so my questions is that am I wasting my time learning web development nowadays for freelancing or is it the web development itself dying or freelancing on those site doesn't worth it..
please nairalanders,freelancers I need an answer
Re: Is Doing Freelancing In Freelancer And Upwork Nowadays Worth It by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
Find a niche. It's very difficult with general frontend development skills and it's what everyone uses to learn to code nowadays. Add something to your skill like WordPress, Shopify, Magento, salesforce, sap etc and you would be smiling on Upwork.

1 Like

Re: Is Doing Freelancing In Freelancer And Upwork Nowadays Worth It by stanliwise(m): 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2021
ahmedsaniadamu:
I realized something..I partially visit upwork and freelancer almost every day I search for front-end development jobs I encountered that the job are not too much and there are tons of freelancers there.. so my questions is that am I wasting my time learning web development nowadays for freelancing or is it the web development itself dying or freelancing on those site doesn't worth it..
please nairalanders,freelancers I need an answer
Good job comes to those who can do hard things.
It is quite rough for freelancers this days since many people can do just typical stuffs.

But I advise you to learn web development to develop a solution but on a short run do freelance work. That is the formula
Re: Is Doing Freelancing In Freelancer And Upwork Nowadays Worth It by Carmal90(m): 12:08am On Mar 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Find a niche. It's very difficult with general frontend development skills and it's what everyone uses to learn to code nowadays. Add something to your skill like WordPress, Shopify, Magento, salesforce, sap etc and you would be smiling on Upwork.

Is it after JavaScript/react that I should start wordpress?
Or I need to learn a backend language first?

Regards
Re: Is Doing Freelancing In Freelancer And Upwork Nowadays Worth It by chymdyx(m): 3:54am On Mar 25, 2021
Go on LinkedIn if you aren't already on the platform. Also reg. With indeed .com. They have a ton of remote jobs for frontend developers, part time jobs, etc. Just use the filter. That's tre better way to go

1 Like

Re: Is Doing Freelancing In Freelancer And Upwork Nowadays Worth It by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:43am On Mar 25, 2021
Carmal90:

Is it after JavaScript/react that I should start wordpress?
Or I need to learn a backend language first?

Regards
You need PHP and Read to do WordPress.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Laravel Programmer In Ibadan / Benefits Of Adapting To Product Recommendation Extension For Magento Merchants / Appzone New HQ: The Hub For Africa’s Brightest Talent In Tech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.