Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

"I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 (8014 Views)

NOI/ANAP Poll Results Since 2011 (Pictures) / June 12: Don’t Protest – Abiodun Begs Ogun Residents / ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by OriginalOmoOgun(f): 7:27am On Mar 25, 2021
Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun on Wednesday apologised to pensioners in the state for the unpaid gratuities since 2011.

Abiodun tendered the apology in Abeokuta during the payment of N500m gratuity to retirees of the State and Local Governments.

The governor who expressed concern over the backlog of gratuities, said he tendered the apology on behalf of the previous administration because the entitlements were inherited liabilities.

Abiodun said as a son of retired teachers, he could not have turned a blind eye to the plight of pensioners.

“I have living parents, they are also pensioners and there is no way I would have wished this upon my parents and I’m sure no child will wish their parents go through what you are going through.

“On behalf of the previous administration, I apologise,” he said.

He said the N500m presented to 257 beneficiaries represented the quarterly payment of gratuity to the state retirees.

Abiodun assured them of his commitment to the payment pensions and gratuities, just as urged the senior citizens to take advantage of the administration’s various social intervention programmes.

He said “Though these payments are inherited liabilities from past Government but I am assuring you that the process of paying these gratuities have started and will definitely continue. This is a promise made and promise kept. I promise to do this on a quarterly basis.

“Apart from the payment of monetary entitlements, let me also assure our elder statesmen and women that we are committed to providing other opportunities for them under our social welfare scheme.”

In his address, the Chairman of Nigerian Union of Pensioners (NUP), Waheed Oloyede urged the governor to increase the quarterly gratuity payment from N500m to N1billion.

Oloyede applauded the governor for his commitment to the welfare of the pensioners and workers in the state.
https://dailytrust.com/im-sorry-ogun-gov-begs-pensioners-who-havent-been-paid-since-2011

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Kriss216: 7:30am On Mar 25, 2021
Biodun acting like he's paying them with his own money. All of a sudden you now realized your parents are also pensioners. Rubbish!

An apology without changed behavior is just manipulation.

28 Likes

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by OriginalOmoOgun(f): 7:51am On Mar 25, 2021
Kriss216:
Biodun acting like he's paying them with his own money. All of a sudden you now realized your parents are also pensioners. Rubbish!

An apology without changed behavior is just manipulation.

It is Amosun that actually owes them an apology

4 Likes

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Kriss216: 7:54am On Mar 25, 2021
OriginalOmoOgun:

It is Amosun that actually owes them an apology
Amosun is dead... They should go to his grave and demand an apology.
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Nukilia: 7:56am On Mar 25, 2021
Lots of criminal minds leading the people in time past

1 Like

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Tvoice: 8:41am On Mar 25, 2021
No be only beg , na beg dem go eat abi ?

1 Like

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by TallPck1(m): 8:42am On Mar 25, 2021
Apologies accepted Mr governor. please ensure you fix the roads before the end of your tenure.

good name is better than riches.

2 Likes

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by heckymaicon(m): 8:42am On Mar 25, 2021
Lol
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Joefat: 8:42am On Mar 25, 2021
Thief everywhere
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by EzzyCarter: 8:42am On Mar 25, 2021
Indeed. Your apology will put food on the pensioners' tables and solve their various problems... Nigeria's really blessed with the most heartless and cruel leaders known to mankind...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Dikaveli(m): 8:42am On Mar 25, 2021
Criminals
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 25, 2021
Good one from him.

At least the pensioners see their money collect..

unlike some states
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Ogbodavies(m): 8:43am On Mar 25, 2021
naija politicians hmmm
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by AlphaLover: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2021
This is eye service at its peak

When did he come into power? After I will see them making noise in other tribes matters when they can't even pay pensioners but they can hail touts like oluomo.

Come to Edo state we don't owe pensioners we never have we never will owe salaries or pensions

Yet one so called sophisticated region will be making noise with their lagos this is a glorified slum gutter rat infested hiv coven
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by tigook: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2021
Ok

Need a website for your business or company. Chat/call me on 080-30442031
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by gambia(m): 8:43am On Mar 25, 2021
Height of wickedness.
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Hezzyluv: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2021
That's good of him, but some people have died because of this gratuity.
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Bvlgari: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2021
nice one...other states owing pensioners should follow up too...

its not fair to owe these old people whom have dedicated the most part of their lives to work for you...most of them are sick and need that money

1 Like

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Sandydayziz(f): 8:43am On Mar 25, 2021
At least he’s doing something about it
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by SmartPolician: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2021
Politicians are mean!
How can someone owe another for a decade?
Meanwhile, he loots his state treasury on the go.
That's why it pains me when I see idiots fighting over politicians who don't give a hoot about them.
Nigeria is home to the world's largest concentration of daft people.

6 Likes

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Onyenna(m): 8:44am On Mar 25, 2021
Mo’foka!!!
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by OfficialGaGa(m): 8:44am On Mar 25, 2021
sorry ke? just pay dem joor... u know how many people don die leave their pension? just pay dem.... no come form like superman to save the day

1 Like

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by JohnSin97: 8:44am On Mar 25, 2021
This guy's fvck ups is getting too much.
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by zolajpower: 8:44am On Mar 25, 2021
Kriss216:

Amosun is dead... They should go to his grave and demand an apology.
grin
I think you killed Amosun

6 Likes

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by mechanics(m): 8:44am On Mar 25, 2021
He should put himself in their shoes, this is unfair.
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by iamimohtal(m): 8:44am On Mar 25, 2021
Since 2011, some people re wicked sha oooo.... cry
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Biyonce(f): 8:45am On Mar 25, 2021
E no go beta 4 amosun.

Disrespectful, arrogant man

1 Like

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by blinking001(m): 8:45am On Mar 25, 2021
And ya'll think Buhari is what's wrong with Nigeria...when you reduce the scope to our respective states you'll realise that these Governors are the real demons...heartless imbeciles....they've succeeded in spoiling all the plans our darling president had for the growth of the common man in Nigeria...they destroyed everything....wicked and stupid Governors...I wonder what controls their thinking faculties....these guys are heartless....how can a state not be able to take care of their Aged generation?....wickedness in high places...the idiot is even begging them...God will punish all this wicked politicians...all the enemies of Nigeria shall never know peace...they'll all be brought to shame as Nigeria moves forward...amen.

3 Likes

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by begge: 8:46am On Mar 25, 2021
Idiot stop saying u re sorry pay their money fool
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Ihatemumu: 8:46am On Mar 25, 2021
Nigerians are the most religious creators on the outside but wicked in the inside.

only a few Nigerians will make heaven cause our wickedness can pollute it
Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by Analyst7: 8:49am On Mar 25, 2021
The wahala goes on

Re: "I’m Sorry", Dapo Abiodun Begs Pensioners Who Haven’t Been Paid Since 2011 by opsyswagger(m): 8:49am On Mar 25, 2021
This country is just something else imagine not been payed pension he doent even care how people are managing wah happen to people that have die will sorry bring them back to get there pension

You dont have to be sorry they should just pay them there pension

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bosun Oladele: We Are Confident Buhari Won't Betray Tinubu / Abia Government Says Ebube Agu Security Outfit Won't Be Disbanded / PDP Rejects Presidential Election Petition Court Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.