Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:26 PM

Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct (22732 Views)

Lagos CP Adegoke Fayoade Leads Protest In Ikeja, Provides Refreshments / Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace / IGP Redeploys Dandaura Mustapha, Rivers Police Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by powerfulguy: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2021
#FreeTundeAbass: LAGOS CP REDPLOYS DPO ONIPANU, OTHERS FOR UNPROFESSIONAL CONDUCT.

The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, CP Hakeem Odumosu has ordered for immediate redeployment of CSP Francis Ani, the Divisional Police Officer, Onipanu Division of the Lagos State Police Command and some of his boys for the harassment and illegal detention of Tunde Abass and one Kabir Mohammed at Onipanu on Friday, 19th March, 2021

Tunde Abass was alleged by the police at Onipanu Division for recording the harassment and forceful arrest of Kabir Mohammed at Onipanu Area of the State on Friday 19th March, 2021 at about 5pm after Tundes intervention in the case which did not go well with the policemen.

The police boss took the decision on Wednesday, 24th March, 2021, after he perused the report of the investigation into the incident that had gone viral on the gross violation of Tundes human rights by the DPO and his boys.

The Commissioner of Police has therefore condemned such act of unprofessionalism and excessive use of power to send a signal to the whole world that the command will not, for whatever reason, condone such act; and to serve as deterrent to other policemen who are fond of harassing, extorting and engaging in acts of lawlessness, unprofessionalism and gross violation of poeoles human rights in the state.

CP Hakeem Odumosu has also ordered that the concerned policemen in the unprofessional act be tried orderly room in order to award punishments accordingly, while the DPO be redeployed to the State Command Headquarters, Ikeja.

E-SIGNED

CSP OLUMUYIWA ADEJOBI(mnipr)
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
LAGOS STATE COMMAND
IKEJA-LAGOS
DATED 25TH MARCH, 2021

https://twitter.com/LagosPoliceng/status/1374992917052424193?s=19

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Dimmatic(f): 10:13am On Mar 25, 2021
Nice one from the peoples' CP.i also pray the same torchlight be pointed at the Área Commander and his boys at Ogudu Police command. There are strong collabos between the A.C.P and his 40 thieves of boys who will intimidate harras threaten detain extort and give tithes out from the proceeds to the oga.

In all honesty sustainable actions from the CP are needed to sin back citizens confidenc

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:27am On Mar 25, 2021
The Commissioner of Police has therefore condemned such act of unprofessionalism and excessive use of power to send a signal to the whole world that the command will not, for whatever reason, condone such act; and to serve as deterrent to other policemen who are fond of harassing, extorting and engaging in acts of lawlessness, unprofessionalism and gross violation of poeoles human rights in the state.

CP Hakeem Odumosu has also ordered that the concerned policemen in the unprofessional act be tried orderly room in order to award punishments accordingly, while the DPO be redeployed to the State Command Headquarters, Ikeja.
This is how things should be done.
This is very commendable.
We will always believe that we will get there in our nation.
This is how things are done in sane society.
Thumbs-up Commissioner of Police Lasgidi.

It is not a crime for a citizen to use his or her phone to record any atrocities going on.
The whole world saw what happened to George Floyd cos people at the scene recorded the murder with their phones.

Slow and steady we will get to the country of our dreams.
God bless The CP.
God bless Nigeria.

crossfm:
Police our friend grin.
It all depends on the mindset you use in reading the news.
It is either you go with the positives or the negative......as usual!
To each their own.

We Rise!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Animate18: 11:27am On Mar 25, 2021
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by rottable(m): 11:28am On Mar 25, 2021
Great development
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by sacajawea: 11:28am On Mar 25, 2021
Bad
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by uniqueboi1(m): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2021
Sanity would return.
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Fredlongs(m): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2021
Redeployment to headquarters, that one no be better punishment

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Buffalo2(m): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2021
Nice one..........More to go!
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Ubykcee(m): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2021
Police and their nonsense everytime. Thank you Mr. Commissioner of police for the kind intervention.

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Godchosen001: 11:30am On Mar 25, 2021
Police have started doing illegal stop and search in front of IITA Ibadan along Moniya road, extortion and harrashing people.they will take you to their Barack in Moniya and extort you, they have a POS guy in front of their Barack they collabo, in case you don't have cash ,they will take you to the POS shop. They carry out this illegal duty openly without hiding it. They operate in the morning when there won't be much traffic and people would have go to work, around 10a.m -12pm daily, they'll rob people within 2 hours and leave, they operate with A taxi cab called Micra ,it have no plate number, one of the officers name is Femi, slim and light in complexion.

Another set of police are in Ikolaba school not far from Custom office and Federal Secretariat Ibadan, this place is a corner with low traffic , this set of police thieves are concerned with checking phones and going through your account info. They operate during the day. They are thieves

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by wink2015(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2021
THERE ARE SPECIAL CAMERA FOR DOING THE GOOD WORK HE WAS TRYING TO DO BEFORE "the police got hold of him"

Learn to play safe next time.

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by coolbreezy01: 11:30am On Mar 25, 2021
The way the country matter just take be now ehn. God help us.
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by crossfm: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2021
Police our friend grin.
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Heroulo: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2021
Omo, Tunde should just relocate out of that area o!! Before he would go completely missing, weeks from now cry

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:32am On Mar 25, 2021
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Creamz(m): 11:32am On Mar 25, 2021
Nice one. I hope he doesn't get to try it again in his new place of posting. I wish there was a way the salary of the DPO and those involved is slashed into half for 3 months so that they can learn properly

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Kingcalls: 11:32am On Mar 25, 2021
Hmmm...na una find trouble... how dare they arrest a northerner...or them no know say them no de arrest northerners...
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Mike213: 11:33am On Mar 25, 2021
I have a complaint to make concerning one of your officers by name OLAGOKE WASIU OLAIDE.

I had a bike accident last week Thursday when I was returning from the ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja. A Lexus 470 hit me and the bike and it was not even on a one way. It happened at Pako Bus stop Isolo. The hausa bikemen rallied around the drunk driver and told him to take us to the hospital. This happened at exactly 10:46 18th Feb 2021 Thursday. The driver then drove us to Okota police station. On getting there, the said officer OLAGOKE OLAIDE WASIU collected the sum of 3K from the hit and run driver and allowed him to go that very night. He then seized my international passport having searched my bag and sent me out of the station. I came the following day with my sister to retrieve my passport and he told me I will pay for the wind shield of the mans glass that was broken by the hausa boys. I asked him who will pay for my hospital bills which he said wasn’t his business. To cut the story short, I sent 15K to the hit and run driver who was present on the meeting held on the 19th feb last week Friday and the officer gave me my passport and still extorted 2K from my sister

Presently I am on the verge of having my right leg amputated. The hospital results and X Rays examination is here. I am supposed to have my leg cut this evening but I want to reach out to the Police Force Complaint Unit first.

I called the officer today and he insulted my mother and told me to go to the commissioner of police and nothing will happen

This is his number +234 803 525 9579. This officer collected bribe of not up to 5k from a hit and run driver even when he saw my damaged and swollen leg and sent me away from the station at Mid night. my leg will be amputated today.

3 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by design101: 11:33am On Mar 25, 2021
Test b4 the bot arrives

[url=https:///send/?phone=2349056471382&text=Hello+Nairaland+Designer%2C+I+need+an+Amazing+Design&app_absent=0][img]https:///65535/51069726948_8871a8b362_o.gif[/img][/url]
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by 2nattie(m): 11:34am On Mar 25, 2021
In all these, has Tunde Abass been released?

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Twelfthman: 11:34am On Mar 25, 2021
I hope they redeploy them to the north...
Only sane people are allowed down south.

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by qualityovenbake(m): 11:34am On Mar 25, 2021
Police is your friend, olori iro.

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by fuckluv(f): 11:34am On Mar 25, 2021
But the guy has been released now
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by Movieguru(m): 11:36am On Mar 25, 2021
Lol....all this policemen eh...
Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by BuhariM(m): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2021
Him don switch off his phone

Re: Tunde Abass: Lagos CP Redeploys DPO Onipanu, Others For Professional Misconduct by jaxxy(m): 11:40am On Mar 25, 2021
Kingcalls:
Hmmm...na una find trouble... how dare they arrest a northerner...or them no know say them no de arrest northerners...

Tunde Abass is a Northerner?? undecided

Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! / Tompolo Congratulates Okawa, Ikpeazu & Udom Emmanuel / Plateau Attacks: 11 Suspects Arrested And Moved To Abuja