Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools (48986 Views)

"Buy Land”, Bishop Oyedepo Tells His Congregants (Video) / Faith Oyedepo Tells Ladies Not To Dress Like Grandmas While Looking For Husband / Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by NoRetreat(m): 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2021
Personally I think the Christian school owners should approach the COURT to ask for the return of the school back to them since the government is imposing unfavourable conditions on them but till then , the government can do whatever they like in the school since they are the one paying teacher salary.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2021
nsiba:
The only thing you see is WEED! Mazi stop advising rubbish on any of ya post

Just be guided...Nuff said.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by nsiba: 3:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Just be guided...Nuff said.

Properly guided, no careless talk outside Ndi Anambra thread
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by zingywingy: 3:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
Boko Haram blew all the churches in Borno, your God didnt consume them with fire.. Covid-19 locked down Mecca and churches around the world, God is yet to consume it. This hatred is what God will have time for..

This is Nigeria, there is no landlord or tenant anywhere, what we need is tolerant and avoid division by religion. Wearing Hijab does not affect anyone in that school.. All i sense is pure hatred from the heart of the xtians towards the muslims in Kwara state. Go to muslim schools and tell me where you see them send a xtian child out for not wearing hijab. We can be one if people like this old man can use senses more rather than blabbering shittt.

HigherEd:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/oyedepo-to-kwara-muslims-leave-mission-schools-for-owners/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Olavic7(m): 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:
I totally disagree with Oyedepo on this..

Muslim students can wear their hijab to school. This is a northern states for that matter and northerners are known Muslims with little Christian faith.

Why then will you advise them not to wear hijab in a muslim controlled territory..

It is their faith,norm and lifestyle...

As far it is north, they can wear it.

Hishbah should immediately step in and enforce the rules
Keep quite kwara is not north, i come from kwara and ilorin is 99% yoruba, infact 49% christian. From zobi, shao to malete it is dominated by christian, from Idofian-omuaran boudary that link ekiti and osun christian covers 60%. From Oro to isin christian are 70%, Ajasse, Offa, Lafigi, patigi,saare, moro, bode sadu, old jeba, lomon that links to niger state are 30%, eruku,arorin and ojoku 50% christian. Kwara are mainly yoruba igbomina. Is it becuase they call them north central? If nigeria break today, kwara will go with ODUDUA R.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by EmmaLege: 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2021
I’m loving this man kiss

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by olaitan9291(m): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2021
Righteousness2:
Absolutely right!
Its like sending your Ward to Covenant university and wanting to erect a Mosque in there.
It's Stupidity and Folly!

If you decide to go to a place, you have to abide by the rules and regulations there.

He is not right, this is because those schools are no longer mission schools but public schools.

it was taken by the state government in the year 1974 and since then the state government has been taking responsibility for everything in those schools and with taxpayers money.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by nsiba: 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2021
Olavic7:

Keep quite kwara is not north, i come from kwara and ilorin is 99% yoruba, infact 49% christian. From zobi, shao to malete it is dominated by christian, from Idofian-omuaran boudary that link ekiti and osun christian covers 60%. From Oro to isin christian are 70%, Ajasse, Offa, Lafigi, patigi,saare, moro, bode sadu, old jeba, lomon that links to niger state are 30%, eruku,arorin and ojoku 50% christian. Kwara are mainly yoruba igbomina. Is it becuase they call them north central? If nigeria break today, kwara will go with ODUDUA R.

He lives Onitsha, he has not travelled outside that enclave before

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2021
nsiba:
Properly guided, no careless talk outside Ndi Anambra thread
Ok then...You are now behaving like the little bird Nza.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by olaitan9291(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2021
Olavic7:

I don't know why ignorant like you will be contributing on what they don't know.

learn before you make comment next time. Thanks
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by RALPHOW(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2021
NoRetreat:
Personally I think the Christian school owners should approach the COURT to ask for the return of the school back to them since the government is imposing unfavourable conditions on them but till then , the government can do whatever they like in the school since they are the one paying teacher salary.

The case is already in court, kwara fanatics only trying to act smart. They know the judgement will be in favour of churches.
The only favour the Muslims Judges in the supreme Court can do for them is to retain the school status as it is now.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
Aremson14:
Most people making defamatory comments here about muslims are mostly hypocrites. Most of them do it intentionally to make innocent Muslims feel bad, simply because someone comes out to say he is committing an evil act because of his religion. If a person commits a crime and says he is doing it because of christianity does it mean he is saying the truth?does it mean majority of Christians are criminals?... This bishop is not a peace loving person as he claims to be. If a federal tertiary institution(unn) says she isn't admitting Christian students is that okay? Over a piece of clothing u can't tolerate another person, it is not as if the peice of clothing is revealing, the peice of clothing doesn't disfigure the school uniform in anyway. Just hair covering. I bet, if let's say the Hijab isn't something common with Muslims, no single person will complain. Tolerance!!!
If you weren't an hypocrite how would you use UNN that is funded and built by government as example

Why not use covenant University, redeemers, etc that is built by the church, because that was the exact position in the past.

Again i ask you, did the government build these missionary schools?

If they didn't do they have right to claim it simply because they fund it?

Are the Christian children who attend those schools not also indigenes that deserve educational right from government?

If yes, why is the government now blackmailing the schools simply because they are fulfilling their responsibilities to indigenes children

Did government not sign agreement with the owners on how the school should be run based on the objective it was created on

So why is the government now changing everything, did government buy the schools off the hands of CAN and the missionaries

If government can no longer keep to its bargain why can't they stop funding it and leave it for the owners

You should be ashmed of been an Islamic cultist,

The same jihad religion that would call western education Haram would be fighting to have it and fighting to destroy it in another breathe

Is Islam and Muslims cursed that they can't build their own universities outside the ones for Quran recitation

Your islamic governors have money in the north to organise mass islamic wedding, take people to Mecca, fund terrorism but they can't build universities

When christians are building, Muslims are destroying

Millions of muslims can go to Christian institution and attain top knowledge but how many Christians can go to Muslims Quran places and get anything tangible in their lives

Their is nothing like innocent Muslims, we have Terrorists and potential Terrorists Muslims just like Gumi transitioned from a potential Terrorist during Atiku campaign to a Terrorist now.

All Muslims are security menance to the world at large, this is why Nigeria and the nations of the world spend billions to battle islamic terrorists

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Fruitydemo(m): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
November1857:
Lool, Muslims and trouble are like 5&6 ! They lack common sense..

The common sense here is this" Build your own schools, Men and women can use Hijab there "- Bishop Oyedepo.

Stop invading other people privacies with your Hijabs..

I can see you lack sense... Just grow up
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
nsiba:
He lives Onitsha, he has not travelled outside that enclave before
Stop meddling into what is not your business. I wonder what is your problem.
Face your ND republic and stop moving outside your cocoon.
Hmmm...be guided.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Nwaelohim: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
This is the nonsense a supposed to be man of God will say? Live in peace with all men and love your neighbor as yourself is still in the Bible.

Religion is a set back in the country, very soon we are going to have Christian airlines and muslim airlines.
We are all human before the greed men created religion. Government should as matter if urgency stop this business pastor's dividing NIGERIANS in religious lines.
Our religion should not define us. Civilization starts with Self Awareness. WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEING AND SHOULD RESPECT EACH OTHER.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
hiltop2:
Its unfortunate that many reason through their anus, it is very simple, if you know your demands are genuine, why can't you just go to court and get your right instead of ranting that Muslim should go and build their schools, even the white men that collected the land for some of the schools documented it that it is not meant for the church rather its for educational use for all. Will Ilorin will be so stupid to give their land free of charge to church for school construction without any benefit they'll derive. Let them bring evidence of purchase of those land in the court. Just raising emotions of gullible followers lasan.
We know what they want, but we'll not give them now. grin

I have been waiting and searching for this useless and foolish statement to come from a fool.

I want to ask a question, when the schools were taken over by the government, did they pay the missionaries that built the schools for the building and the amount invested in those schools and on students before the takeover ?
The Schools remain missionary schools. The missionaries got the land from the communities, in most cases, those lands are bought. The Schools are built for the benefit of humanity and indirectly to proclaim the love of Christ to mankind. You cannot wear Hijab to missionary schools.

We have many great Universities that belong to Churches presently with few sub standard Universities that belong to other groups. I know many people will be happy today if Universities like Covenant, Landmark, Redeemers, Babcock and others too numerous to name here are taken over by the government. Tomorrow, they will now call them government universities where hijab should be worn. Is that possible ? No.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by BigDick70inch(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Hahahaha....
Mad Oooo...... cheesy
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by tunatrezy(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
What a misleading utterance by a "Bishop" Yes the schools were built by missionaries but handed over to the government years ago, government pay the salaries of the staffs and take care of the school in terms of infrastructural development. For this reason the school belongs to all citizens of the state regardless of their religion orientation. It's very unfortunate when I see a Christian going against Hijab, I wonder if they truly believe in what is in their Bible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Ogbuu101: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
MENELIIK:

The schools were built by missionaries but later taken over by the government but hypocrites are making it look like those schools are not government school to score cheap points and exhibit their hatred for Islam
Government school that was built by missionaries?
Government school with church buildings and pastor's residence inside the same compound?
Government school with the board composed of the pastors and other members of the church which built the schools?
This una jihad go fail

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by compton11(m): 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mikecold:
No bro,

Islam is a religion of piss

Even though we Muslim jihadists need to kill all non muslim before peace can be established
dumb ass nigga.

leave Islam alone and talk about how Vikings,crusaders,pope innocent III,columbus and so on spread your own religion of piss called Christianity.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by nsiba: 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Stop meddling into what is not your business. I wonder what is your problem.

Face your ND republic and stop moving outside your cocoon.

Hmmm...be guided.

Better face your market, this place is not a market ground
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by compton11(m): 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
KushLyon:

Government is funding the schools. So it's because they are paying salaries, that's what automatically make it government schools? It's clearly stated in the agreement between government and the school that the proprietors are responsible for managing the school and making rules. Now they said they don't want hijab, won't you go somewhere else?
nigga will u keep quiet!

tell your stupid CAN to tell govt to stop paying their salaries.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Aremson14(m): 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mikecold:
If you weren't an hypocrite how would you use UNN that is funded and built by government as example

Why not use covenant University, redeemers, etc that is built by the church, because that was the exact position in the past.

Again i ask you, did the government build these missionary schools?

If they didn't do they have right to claim it simply because they fund it?

Are the Christian children who attend those schools not also indigenes that deserve educational right from government?

If yes, why is the government now blackmailing the schools simply because they are fulfilling their responsibilities to indigenes children

Did government not sign agreement with the owners on how the school should be run based on the objective it was created on

So why is the government now changing everything, did government buy the schools off the hands of CAN and the missionaries

If government can no longer keep to its bargain why can't they stop funding it and leave it for the owners

You should be ashmed of been an Islamic cultist,
Firstly how would u know I'm a Muslim...secondly the tertiary institutions u mentioned above belongs to who. Whose money is used to fund it? Thirdly mind u even the convent uni and odas u mentioned are subject to the ministry of education.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by nsiba: 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
compton11:
dumb ass nigga.

leave Islam alone and talk about how Vikings,crusaders,pope innocent III,columbus and so on spread your own religion of piss called Christianity.

In 2021you are still talking of Vikings and crusaders?
So you are on revenge?
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by antiediots: 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:
I totally disagree with Oyedepo on this..

Muslim students can wear their hijab to school. This is a northern state for that matter and northerners are known Muslims with little Christian faith.

Why then will you advise them not to wear hijab in a muslim controlled territory..

It is their faith,norm and lifestyle...

As far it is north, they can wear it.

Hishbah should immediately step in and enforce the rules
f.ool!
a very big foo.l you are!
lifestyle my ass
you need a bullet sunk in your useless head for this gibberish

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Empiree: 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
This apari, oloju dudu pastor again grin cheesy

Someone should tell this nigga that mother of his god wore hijab too which means she's terrorist.

Christians are not followers of Jesus. They are followers of Paul, the criminal that changed Jesus true doctrine.

Kiriyo are Keferi and they have nothing in common with Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Olavic7(m): 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
zingywingy:
Boko Haram blew all the churches in Borno, your God didnt consume them with fire.. Covid-19 locked down Mecca and churches around the world, God is yet to consume it. This hatred is what God will have time for..

This is Nigeria, there is no landlord or tenant anywhere, what we need is tolerant and avoid division by religion. Wearing Hijab does not affect anyone in that school.. All i sense is pure hatred from the heart of the xtians towards the muslims in Kwara state. Go to muslim schools and tell me where you see them send a xtian child out for not wearing hijab. We can be one if people like this old man can use senses more rather than blabbering shittt.

Do you study there? I went to a muslim secondary school at kwara [jamaat nasril islam eggi oyo ipo kwara state] and also finish my diploma at federal polytechnics Offa. They don't permit fellowship and even disallow Gideon Bible to be shared, you can't do anyhow at kwara muslim school or else¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by danngnews: 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
nsiba:

Which brand of weed did you take this morning
Igala, Benin or Anambra ?

Na oshogbo brand.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by babajeje123(m): 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
Peacemaker5128:
you are a fool
it is Government school as decided by competent courts
That the government hijacked the schools doesn't make the schools government properties
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by antiediots: 4:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
Peacemaker5128:
you are a fool
how can tenant tell the landlord to vacate his house?
prophet of doom
anyway go and open your gate of hell let us see
you are an insult to what your monicker portends

you're just another slowpoke...you can slither back to the hole from whence you came from *spits*
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by staga: 4:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
RightChannel:
Daddy G.O please fund these people to build there own Schools. Had it been it is for another purpose like where to train teenagers in fighting jihad, Saudi Arabia will be of help to them in Nigeria

Fund who? Build muslim schools with my tithes and those of my brothers and sisters? Are you..are you... are you normal?
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by jydebiz: 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
Good one from Bishop Oyedepo! Thank you for your boldness in speaking out the truth! Islam is all about causing chaos, all they know is to fuel crisis and disturb our peace...a religion of peace indeed. Nonsense people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Maiduguri EYN Church Members Still Worship At The Demolished Premises (photos) / Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship / TB Joshua: Megachurch Leader Raped And Tortured Worshippers, BBC Finds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.