Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,387 members, 7,800,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

I Did A Breast Reduction Surgery And My Life Got Better - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Did A Breast Reduction Surgery And My Life Got Better (447 Views)

This Woman Got A Breast Exam On Live TV. No Bra, No Blurring. / Beautuful Lady Cried Out Following Challenges She Faced After A Breast Surgery / Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did A Breast Reduction Surgery And My Life Got Better by BigCabal: 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
I have always had big breasts, and I have always hated them. I remember my breasts being bigger than the rest of my body as early as ten. I was the only one in my family with huge breasts and a small butt — the other women have bigger butts. I was often teased for looking like Johnny Bravo. This made me hate it more.

The worst part was that the breasts kept growing. I developed a backache that started from my teens through early adulthood. Sometimes I am unable to breathe well because my breasts were so big they choked me. I wished I got breast cancer so they could cut off my breasts or that I would wake up without breasts.

Shopping was always sore for me. I had to buy clothes a size bigger than my body so my breasts would fit. Most of my clothes were tight around my chest and free on the rest of my body.

I hated going out with my friends because this meant dressing up, and I hated how my clothes looked on me. I hated taking pictures because I hated seeing how big my breasts looked in them. I am a content creator, so I would spend hours filming videos talking about my work and when I watched them, all I saw was breasts.

Getting pregnant and breastfeeding a baby didn’t make it easier to deal with but it didn’t make it worse either. The backaches and choking were nothing I wasn’t already used to.

In 2018, I stopped buying bras because my size 38DDD bra stopped fitting. I opted for sports bras — they were cheaper and seemed to provide some comfort while holding my breasts firmly.

I don’t remember when I first heard of breast reduction surgeries but it became a real prospect when a friend of mine, Yemisi*, did hers. She got a reduction and a lift at a hospital in Connecticut*. She gave me the hospital address and phone number to make an appointment.

I didn’t call until about a month later in the middle of summer 2018. Summer felt like hell — it was so hot and my breasts were choking me. One morning, I got fed up and called the hospital.

The hospital was kind enough to offer a discount so the surgery was about $4000. A few months before the surgery, my sister suggested setting up a GoFundMe account for donations. I had taken a break from work, so I needed as much money as I could get. I shared the link with only friends and family. They donated about $700 which I used for my plane tickets and an AirBnB reservation close to the hospital.

Continue: https://www.zikoko.com/her/i-did-a-breast-reduction-surgery-and-my-life-got-better/
Re: I Did A Breast Reduction Surgery And My Life Got Better by lilvicky68(m): 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
When something is too big it's not good..some other girl are looking for big breasts.. this life self ehn..

1 Like

Re: I Did A Breast Reduction Surgery And My Life Got Better by doggedfighter(f): 10:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
And I need mine to be two sizes bigger.
Re: I Did A Breast Reduction Surgery And My Life Got Better by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:49pm On Mar 25, 2021
Weight loss and prayers brought mine down
I am super grateful to GOD grin

(1) (Reply)

Pls Skin Therapist! Help! My Dandruff Is Getting Worst / FMC Abeokuta's MD sues online medium, demands N50m damages / Army Takes Free Medical Outreach To Ohafia, Distribute Delivery Packs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.