Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,388 members, 7,781,116 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:13 AM

Lifted Out Of The Pit Pt 4 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lifted Out Of The Pit Pt 4 (98 Views)

Eternal Security - A Message From The Pit Of Hell / Pastor Paul Enenche: Compulsory Vaccination Is From The Pit Of Hell (Video) / Compulsory Vaccination Is From The Pit Of Hell- Dr. Pastor Paul Enenche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lifted Out Of The Pit Pt 4 by goodshepherd123(m): 6:39am On Mar 26, 2021
*Date : 26-03-2021*.

*Theme : Lifted out the pit pt 4*.

*Text. : 2 Sam 11 vs 1-5*

*Memorise* :
" _Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me_"- Psalm 51 vs 5

In our previous devotional, we learnt that the Lord can lift us out of the pit of poverty. May the Lord lift everyone of us in Jesus name.

In our bible reading today in 2Sam 11 vs 1-5, David fell into the pit of sin through lust of the eyes, when he sent for another man's wife and slept with her, and later killed the man in an attempt to cover his sins.

In addition, the more David attempted to crawl out of the pit the more he sank in this horrible pit. Until God had mercy on him, by sending prophet Nathan to him(2 Sam 12 vs 1-7).

There are so many lessons we can learn from David in this regard.
How did he come out of this pit of sin?
Firstly, he acknowledged his sins according to the verse below.

*Psalms 51:3 : For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me*.

How often do you acknowledge your sins? Do you often call your sin a mistake? Or an error?

Secondly he confess and forsake.
*Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy*.

It's unfortunate that many believers come out for altar call, without actually forsaking their sins.

It was recorded that he never committed the same sins again no wonder he was called "a man after God's heart.

Thirdly, he asked for a clean heart.
*Psalms 51:10 : Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me*

*Assignment* :
1) Ask God for a clean heart today.

*Prayer point* :
1). Father please set me free from the bond of iniquity in Jesus name.

*© Capsule of liberty*.

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Advertise On Facebook!!! / Showing Off Good Deeds. / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:monday , April 19, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.