Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,429 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:16 PM

How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? (15264 Views)

Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password / What Inspired Your Moniker? / How Did The Yoruba Slang " Danny Olora " Come About ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Penguin2: 7:52am On Mar 26, 2021
Just like nicknames, I'm sure your Nairaland monicker was informed by something that had an impression on you. Well, except for those who ban has made them run out of ideas of a name to choose. Lol.

So let me start with my own...

I got Penguin from a movie I watched, Gotham. Penguin's real name in the movie was Oswald Cobblepot but people called him Penguin because of his hair; and his looks maybe.

He didn't like the name at first and would always retort if called by the name. But with time it grew on him and he started to address himself by the name.

His character was that of a downtown guy trying to survive. He did a lot of shits. But these are shits he had no option than to do them if he must survive.

I saw me in him. Well, not like I do shits. But I saw in him a young man that wants to survive no matter what life throws at him.

At a time, Fish, his female boss then, broke his leg and he started to walk funny but he continued to hustle and to work himself up the ladder of the society.

Penguin was my favorite character in Gotham. That's why I chose the name.

So how did you come about yours?

18 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by adadike(f): 8:06am On Mar 26, 2021
Ada is daughter in Igboland and dike means the strong and I come from a family of strong and determined people. We don't plan evil or harm anyone and if you plan evil for me, it backfires immediately

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by triple996(m): 8:09am On Mar 26, 2021
grin
@smellysparm.
ipobarecriminals.
yamuri.
flatheadyamuri.
afonja.
conehead.
oilypusst.
naijaolosho.
lamidicownu.
arrewa.
simplyleo.
hairypigs.
osu.
fallendemon.
yorubagoblin.
mannabbgrills.
slawomiir.
caplocks.
developers.
richdad.
legendhero.
hellinus.
etc oya come and explain.
(did I miss anybody??)

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by fourboys: 11:29am On Mar 26, 2021
My late dad used to call me Four Boys, cus I was very huge at birth.... Rip dad

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by oilPUSSY(f): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
My toto is always oiled

134 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by exsodus: 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
My confirm name

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by NobleView(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
I (almost) always view posts without commenting. I believe comments should only be given when it adds value to a topic.

I feel that's the noble way of behaving on a public forum.

214 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Opexzy: 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
My secondary school nickname, no big deal.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by despi64(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
My nickname

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
A combination of my past monikers cheesy

15 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Felabrity: 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
Felabrity- Fela is a legend, he should be cele -brity -ed forever

26 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by masterP042(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
My first initial and the state code where I reside..
Umu 042 anam ekene cool

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by PuZZyNegro: 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
Simple - I LIKE PUSSY

12 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by osuofia2(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
triple996:
grin
@smellysparm.
ipobarecriminals.
yamuri.
flatheadyamuri.
afonja.
conehead.
etc oya come and explain.
grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by LoydJ(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
I admired the way The actors and actresses in Game of thrones refer to one another as Lord e.g Lord Lannister, Lord Jamie etc
So I decided to use mine as LoydJ nd My name is Jeremiah.

33 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by wunmi590(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021

My moniker was coined out from my name, I think I have answered your question.

cheesy

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
One of the mods banned "PataAlhaja" till next year ... very silly move. I had to re-register with "PataAlhajaKeji".

No be only one pant Alhaja get.

Pata pọ bajẹ bajẹ.

144 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by koms: 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
I was kommin when I saw kom kum on the face of kum and I laughed at Kum and kom konkombility.

11 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Latidoh1: 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
Wetin concern you?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Xenry: 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by SUPOL(m): 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
Supol is Superior Officer � That’s who I am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by iHart(m): 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
i needed an internet name so I came up with iHart. "i" stands for internet and Hart is my father's first name. That's it.

17 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
I just wanted to call myself Sly because I’m smooth like that but it was taken. I tried ‘Sly fox’ taken too I tried ‘sly foxx’ Taken as well till I tried Slyfoxxjoe and it was available.

I don’t even know what the hell slyfoxxjoe means.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by ChangedMan1999(m): 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
I changed

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Have You Achieved Your 2015 Goals? / Have You Been Banned Before? Pls Share. / Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.