Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? (15361 Views)

Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password / What Inspired Your Moniker? / How Did The Yoruba Slang " Danny Olora " Come About ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2021
perkyB:
Do I need really need to explain this one grin
I have perkyB

yeah

You don minit?? wink

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by TPound(m): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Cc: Shellsploit, Tpound, Gazzuzz, kingreign, Righteousness89, ngeneukwuenu etc

Make una come o

Got it from the first initial of my Name, combined with the currency that represents where I was born and also my stature being on the big side...
T... Tokunbo.
Pound... UK currency and also pound of flesh... Coz I'm big.. grin

That formed my stage name as a rapper 2009 thereabout

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by jozz(m): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2021
Me- John Jozz in Justice League
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2021
dorin27:

What a face. Nice one. That hairdo looks beautiful on most girls/women

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by dorin27(f): 4:17pm On Mar 26, 2021
BurntSoul:

What a face. Nice one. That hairdo looks beautiful on most girls/women
Merci Monsieur
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2021
People call me slim g
Wiz khalifa my best rapper
Hence my moniker
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by noble2faith(m): 4:21pm On Mar 26, 2021
Cinema4d:
one of my favourite software Cinema4d...

U go sabi well well b dat ooo
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Emeka71(m): 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2021
oilPUSSY:
My toto is always oiled
Very funny.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 26, 2021
dorin27:
Merci Monsieur

Does that translate to thank you mister?
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by noble2faith(m): 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2021
dorin27:
[/s]

If your location nis heaven's gate then u re a literally a living ghost.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Emeka71(m): 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2021
I got mine in my name anyway.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by dorin27(f): 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
BurntSoul:

Does that translate to thank you mister?
yes, it does.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by dorin27(f): 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2021
noble2faith:

If your location nis heaven's gate then u re a literally a living ghost.
you're not nice at all.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by noble2faith(m): 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2021
dorin27:
you're not nice at all.

Lol.. Don't mind me. I wanted to say u re a celestial being cos of ur beauty. You lost ur way to Earth.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by blingxx(m): 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2021
adeblingxx na my Facebook name ..."blingxx" is just blings cheesy ..Asin shiny things
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Adeleketj: 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2021
Penguin2:
Just like nicknames, I'm sure your Nairaland monicker was informed by something that had an impression on you. Well, except for those who ban has made them run out of ideas of a name to choose. Lol.

So let me start with my own...

I got Penguin from a movie I watched, Gotham. Penguin's real name in the movie was Oswald Cobblepot but people called him Penguin because of his hair; and his looks maybe.

He didn't like the name at first and would always retort if called by the name. But with time it grew on him and he started to address himself by the name.

His character was that of a downtown guy trying to survive. He did a lot of shits. But these are shits he had no option than to do them if he must survive.

I saw me in him. Well, not like I do shits. But I saw in him a young man that wants to survive no matter what life throws at him.

At a time, Fish, his female boss then, broke his leg and he started to walk funny but he continued to hustle and to work himself up the ladder of the society.

Penguin was my favorite character in Gotham. That's why I chose the name.

So how did you come about yours?
James Gordon was mine
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by dorin27(f): 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2021
noble2faith:

Lol.. Don't mind me. I wanted to say u re a celestial being cos of ur beauty. You lost ur way to Earth.
Merci Monsieur
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by blingxx(m): 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:
One of the mods banned "PataAlhaja" till next year ... very silly move. I had to re-register with "PataAlhajaKeji".

No be only one pant Alhaja get.

Pata pọ bajẹ bajẹ.

many pple no normal for this country cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by emperorshaokahn(m): 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
adadike:
no problem. Just because I love you and I don't want any unnecessary death of any Igbo man, officer or not and not agreeing with some things that kanu said
no,because you are begining to sound like an apc/fulani apologist.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by VillageHead: 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2021
..... because I'm a chieftain
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Alfred74: 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2021
Alfred born in 1974
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by RichAbujaGuy: 5:01pm On Mar 26, 2021
Blessings from the most high that I am not a broke, cursed m.f. begging for help on NL or in real life, or have the need to ask strangers to check my signature instead of paying for a professional ad on NL. grin

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Racoon(m): 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2021
grin Wanted to used Gaddaffi but later settled for the current one.Just wanted to go for something weird.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by mattmogan88: 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2021
I just love the name, its a name of a wrestler matt morgan , but I modified mine into mattmogan. I use it whenever am registering online be it website, forum or game. So anywhere you see mattmogan, mattmogan8 or mattmogan88 just know its same person cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2021
I got assino from my original muslim name (alhassan or hassan in short). I got zik from were i come from (enugu ezike). I got 042 from my state code number (enugu state).

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by womenareapes1: 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
Ovis1302:

It is an alien hermaphrodite that gave birth to you at Jupiter and thereafter you jumped into this earth when you were 10 years old.
You were not breastfeed nor cuddle as a baby.
Try get some sense and show respect to our women folks.
I would have ignore your foolishness.
simp
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Coronavirus123: 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
NCDC get better explanation for my own

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2021
Penguin2:
Just like nicknames, I'm sure your Nairaland monicker was informed by something that had an impression on you. Well, except for those who ban has made them run out of ideas of a name to choose. Lol.

So let me start with my own...

I got Penguin from a movie I watched, Gotham. Penguin's real name in the movie was Oswald Cobblepot but people called him Penguin because of his hair; and his looks maybe.

He didn't like the name at first and would always retort if called by the name. But with time it grew on him and he started to address himself by the name.

His character was that of a downtown guy trying to survive. He did a lot of shits. But these are shits he had no option than to do them if he must survive.

I saw me in him. Well, not like I do shits. But I saw in him a young man that wants to survive no matter what life throws at him.

At a time, Fish, his female boss then, broke his leg and he started to walk funny but he continued to hustle and to work himself up the ladder of the society.

Penguin was my favorite character in Gotham. That's why I chose the name.

So how did you come about yours?

Awwwn. I've seen Gotham. Penguin was the cunning guy who was slughtly handicapped, yeah?
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2021
NobleView:
I (almost) always view posts without commenting. I believe comments should only be given when it adds value to a topic.

I feel that's the noble way of behaving on a public forum.

How noble of you indeed! kiss kiss kiss

Some of us are just talkative. cheesy
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by shadrach77: 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2021
Just a biblical name I like
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by wamide042(m): 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2021
Wamide042 my real name and the last 3 digits of my phone number..

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2021
dorin27:
yes, it does.

U speak the French language eloquently?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What You Don't Know About Seun Osewa (founder Of Nairaland. / NERC Aptitude Test Applicants-2022 / Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.