Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! (1527 Views)

Can You Sponsor A Mum Of Two To Learn Tailoring? / Badly Printed New Naira Notes (Pictures) / How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2021
Lovely Nairalanders!

I want to learn this tailoring badly, but I can't afford to pay for the training. I've made a lot of wrong investments lately Although I'm hoping I Cash out from racksterli by next Month.. I can't even get a job because I hope to finish within 3-6 months.

I can be paying 5k monthly for the training but it won't do much moreover No one has accepted my offer so far.

Please, English has failed me at this point. Fashion designers in the house, please assist a sister. I won't fail you I promise...

I'll do anything.... sad
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Ynix(m): 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2021
First save the 5k every month and raise up to 40k and then buy sewing machine for the time watch videos online and get a book. Also Visit Abuja Enterprise Agency I think The VP donated some sewing machine for free training

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2021
Ynix:
First save the 5k every month and raise up to 40k and then buy sewing machine for the time watch videos online and get a book. Also Visit Abuja Enterprise Agency I think The VP donated some sewing machine for free training

Wow.. thanks for this info.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2021
you want to learn tailoring and become a terrorist, lol. that's simple buy gun and join herdmen, Bokoharam and bandit in the bush, thank me later wink

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2021
lucky999:
you want to learn tailoring and become a terrorist, lol. that's simple buy gun and join herdmen, Bokoharam and bandit in the bush, thank me later wink

How's that supposed to work. Well I can't afford a gun.. I don't even Know where it's sold but you can get me a sewing machine. I'll still become a Terrorist either ways...

Thanks in Advance grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2021
Racksterlians have u heard? cry cry Oga blackgold said he's refunding all our capitals.... After I've made plans on what to do with my ROI cry cry
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by infogenius(m): 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2021
Amarahly:

Wow.. thanks for this info.

In retrospect, start watching videos from YouTube immediately, you are learning and it will quicken your desire to get a machine.
You will also be open to jobs that you can subcontract and something in return because of your knowledge.
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2021
infogenius:

In retrospect, start watching videos from YouTube immediately, you are learning and it will quicken your desire to get a machine.
You will also be open to jobs that you can subcontract and something in return because of your knowledge.

I have a lot of videos already.. but because I have no machine it's kinda tiring, I can't do so much with needle and thread. If only I can even find a tutor I can start practicing before I get a machine of my own..

Thanks too...
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by infogenius(m): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2021
Amarahly:

I have a lot of videos already.. but because I have no machine it's kinda tiring, I can't do so much with needle and thread. If only I can even find a tutor I can start practicing before I get a machine of my own..

Thanks too...

Ok, that's fine. I get you now
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2021
There are angels on Nairaland! Angela in human bodies... Thank you very much!! I'm grateful cool cool
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 10:30am On Mar 29, 2021
Good morning nairalanders
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 10:30am On Mar 29, 2021
wink smiley smiley smiley
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 10:35am On Mar 29, 2021
Hhjnnj
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good morning naira people
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 12:10pm On Mar 30, 2021
I wanted to ask... Is it possible for one to be self taught in Fashion designing
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
Hurray! We have a Machine!!! Someone here has blessed me with more than I asked for..

Thank you Nairaland!! The journey has just begun.. Ever seen a self taught tailor? grin

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2021
I made my first dress (A kimono) .. This is shortly after I learnt to thread and paddle the machine (I'm still learning to paddle it tho). It came out well but with rough edges
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by jamace(m): 7:36am On Apr 02, 2021
Amarahly:
Hurray! We have a Machine!!! Someone here has blessed me with more than I asked for..

Thank you Nairaland!! The journey has just begun.. Ever seen a self taught tailor? grin

Congrats. Do your best to justify the effort of the donor.

A great thanks to the cheerful giver. May God replenish his pocket a thousandfold.
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
jamace:

Congrats. Do your best to justify the effort of the donor.

A great thanks to the cheerful giver. May God replenish his pocket a thousandfold.

Amen.. I will
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
Special shout-out to everyone one in the fashion industry.. They're the real magicians mehn, turning fabrics into beautiful outfits.
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Djtm(m): 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2021
Amarahly:

Yes, I know one or two. Could you share pictures of what you've made so far?
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 1:50am On Apr 03, 2021
Djtm:

Yes, I know one or two. Could you share pictures of what you've made so far?

Not clear ... I couldn't open because..... NVM, I'll model it properly on a good day. The stitches weren't neat n straight I don't know why, but today I made better stiches.

I guess I'm getting acquainted with the new baby

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Djtm(m): 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2021
Amarahly:

Not clear ... I couldn't open because..... NVM, I'll model it properly on a good day. The stitches weren't neat n straight I don't know why, but today I made better stiches.

I guess I'm getting acquainted with the new baby

You couldn't open because what lol?

Alright, good stuff. Keep improving. I'm following the thread so I'll be following your progress.
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2021
Djtm:

You couldn't open because what lol?

Alright, good stuff. Keep improving. I'm following the thread so I'll be following your progress.

Thanks..
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by pointstores(m): 10:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nice gesture
Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2021
Sooo.. Tonight I'm making an off shoulder circular top. I'm going to take pictures periodically.. but cry I'm stuck at the sleeves...

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2021
I don't know if I did cut it well coz it looks different from that of the illustrator.... Seriously I don't even know where to start from for the sleeves

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 9:59pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ok, I finally figured it out .. but!!! It's too big (which isn't much of a challenge) undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 4:16pm On Apr 08, 2021
Knock Knock!!

Look what I've just made grin grin My third trial tho... cool

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2021
I'll be saving these clothes for later...

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
I once had a boss who'd always say "learn to think outside the box".. So I did!! I don't know if this is thinking outside the box tho...

I just added a pocket to my top grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Tailoring Badly!!!!!!!!!! by Amarahly(f): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
So basically, I'm still having difficulties with:
1. Taking accurate body measurements
2. Drafting patterns
And MANY MORE!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Insure A Start-Up? / Are You Interested In Running A Cleaning Services Outfit? / What Business Can I Start With Just #200,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.