Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,271 members, 7,780,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:30 PM

Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? (32346 Views)

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? / Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by descarado: 9:01am On Mar 27, 2021
Ishilove:

Not many people can afford real gold, you know
I know.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Oracleforce: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2021
JaneYave:
We get stuck to ourselves and the heart knows where it belongs, every other thing becomes secondary. Another point is weight gain, if the finger becomes fatter, the ring becomes tight on it.

What is the essence of using a huge amount of money to buy what will be used. .
The wedding ceremony is a waste of resources....let individual parties who want to join first collect parent consent and proceed to register the wedding....period....both parties can later come to church for spiritual better FOC.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by shilz(f): 10:34am On Mar 27, 2021
Ishilove:
The ring dey cause heat rashes
you know it's fake if it causes rashes n react
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by culf: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2021
jaelz:
So I was hosting an uncle if mine and we were discussing about why he wasn't wearing his ring, to my utmost surprise he said he wears his ring any day his wife wears here. I was shocked though but my mind drifted back to me so many of my friends and relations who also do not wear their rings again even despite being married. Back in the days I know you only take off your ring when you want to flirt abi play away matches, but these days it's almost asif the take off their wedding rings immediately after those church weddings. So my question is why?

Cc: lalasticlala, seun, onila, farano, prettythicksme, mynd44

I wore mine until I mistakenly flushed it recently. Will buy another one soon and will wear it with pride.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by culf: 11:08am On Mar 27, 2021
JaneYave:
We get stuck to ourselves and the heart knows where it belongs, every other thing becomes secondary. Another point is weight gain, if the finger becomes fatter, the ring becomes tight on it.

thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by sharpwriter(m): 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

cheesy I see his hands when he's picking up things from the desk.
Lol... I will say no more lest you term me an interrogator.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by dollytino4real(f): 10:16pm On Mar 27, 2021
sinaj:
Long time babe smiley
i miss u as I miss smellinganus our bone of contention I hope I spoke it correctly my wene!!
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by ec0malchemist(m): 10:53am On Apr 02, 2021
Marriage is overrated, go figure.

Remax 50,000mah Powerbank !!!

supports simultaneous charging of 16 devices and can charge laptops with type c output

Call or Whatsapp - 0..8...1..1..9..7..5..6..1..4...4

Location - Lagos

Nationwide delivery available

Escrow allowed

40,000mah - 20,000
50,000mah - 22,000

26,800mah - 16,000
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by cmecproblem(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2021
Gold is expensive.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Yankee101: 10:54am On Apr 02, 2021
Some added weight

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by okeyumez(m): 10:56am On Apr 02, 2021
Which religious books makes it mandatory for couples to wear it??

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Duplexxx: 10:56am On Apr 02, 2021
It is because they are shy grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by lexy2014: 10:57am On Apr 02, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
Please y'all married men should be wearing your rings religiously. Infact, glue it to your finger. That's how I was codedly eyeing one cute brother in my unit who makes a habit of calling me for follow-up, only for him to show up with a ring the next Sunday.

I didn't even bother analysing whether the ring looks like a wedding band, or it's on the wedding finger, I simply stopped eyeing him.

Two more Sundays have passed and he's not been wearing the ring, but what's my business... I'm not looking his way anymore. sad

It's because he saw u were eyeing that's why he wore d ring. Wearing it once was enough. D ring did it's job...that's how no a Lord of d Ring
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Rushna27(f): 10:58am On Apr 02, 2021
laughing in Spanish......... abeg I dey come.. wait for moi comment
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by GeneralPula: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2021
Because reality will start setting in after few months of marriage..

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by blazepascal(m): 11:00am On Apr 02, 2021
and why is this happening to me

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2021
wetin you call am wedding ring.....it does not stop and preserve fidelity or insincerity in marriage. I have seen men putting on there rings and still go after single ladies and even sleep with them....
what you should be asking is: was the ring a commandment from God in joining couples of old?
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by SGANIVA(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2021
because after marriage you realize there is more to marriage than wearing wedding rings, and white gowns . for the man , more responsibilities and for the ladies facing real family issues and also people marry for the wrong reasons now and when the get there the become disappointed

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by nwakibie3(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2021
sharpwriter:

You are not looking his way anymore yet you know he hasn't worn it for 2 Sundays now, how come? cheesy cheesy

Wisdom no go kee you grin
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 02, 2021
Smile4mee01:

Hmnn... I think the question should be When did the wearing of a ring symbolize a sign of love? Who sold this to us as being the right thing to do?
Adam and Eve had no ring, I can't remember if it's anywhere in the Bible, Quran, or even traditional religion? Let's wake up guys, we need to start questioning somethings.
Perfectly answered

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by mysticwarrior(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

this is not a convincing excuse.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2021
lexy2014:

It's because he saw u were eyeing that's why he wore d ring. Wearing it once was enough. D ring did it's job...that's how u a Lord of d Ring

Ohh. Lol. Nahh, he's not married. One of the pastors was teasing him last Sunday to go get married. That must have been a fashion ring.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 02, 2021
IT'S ONLY AFRICA COUNTRIES MARRIAGE IS AN ACHIEVEMENT meanwhile wedding ring on your hands doesn't add moral support to your daily activities
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Tremple8v: 11:02am On Apr 02, 2021
I swear cant remember when last I put on my wedding ring , But the wife do put on hers once in a while , and have not been cheating . I do not think not putting it on means you are cheating or have to.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Bewiseedet(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2021
"Do not speak of what you did not see, nor condemn what you have not felt. Each one knows the pain they carry, the weight they carry, the difficulty they go through and the struggles they face.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by papiSNEH(m): 11:03am On Apr 02, 2021
op watin be your own na ur wearing
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Psalmistproject: 11:04am On Apr 02, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

hehehe!

to knack this holy bro just dey hungry you.
Don't be scared, him not wearing it again means he noticed your sudden eyeless ness towards him

he is open for deeper things of the lord.
Just tempt him small you will see....
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by crazygod(m): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2021
I think the most suitable answer to this is because of weight gain. There was a time my ring couldn't fit my finger, it was a sign that I had to start exercising again. But now, it fits perfectly again.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Jaqenhghar: 11:04am On Apr 02, 2021
jaelz:
So I was hosting an uncle of mine and we were discussing about why he wasn't wearing his ring, to my utmost surprise he said he wears his ring any day his wife wears hers. I was shocked though but my mind drifted back to me so many of my friends and relations who also do not wear their rings again even despite being married.

Back in the days I know you only take off your ring when you want to flirt abi play away matches, but these days it's almost as if they take off their wedding rings immediately after those church weddings.

So my question is why?
Honestly I dont like jewelry per se. But if I am going where women are or gatherings I wear it. I think I'll tattoo a ring soI dont have to worry about wearing it

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by younglleo: 11:05am On Apr 02, 2021
Pls i need 2000 naira cry cry cry
Pls i need 2k cry cry
Everybody have decided to pay deaf ears. No problem...
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by ELgordo(m): 11:05am On Apr 02, 2021
Ovoko see jam questions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nobody Wants To Marry Us, Employers Reject Us, Our Skin Is A Problem –albinos / Woman Surprised With New Car On Christmas Day By Family. See Her Epic Reaction / Guy Poses With His 101-Year-Old Great Grand Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.