Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? (32433 Views)

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? / Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by dapsoneh: 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
Naira land!!!
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Jaqenhghar: 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2021
banmee:

You too be like me.
My oga. I'll take that as a compliment Sir. How is the weekend going

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Pavillon: 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
jaelz:
So I was hosting an uncle of mine and we were discussing about why he wasn't wearing his ring, to my utmost surprise he said he wears his ring any day his wife wears hers. I was shocked though but my mind drifted back to me so many of my friends and relations who also do not wear their rings again even despite being married.

Back in the days I know you only take off your ring when you want to flirt abi play away matches, but these days it's almost as if they take off their wedding rings immediately after those church weddings.

So my question is why?

Marriage now is trial and error..
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by na2016: 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
Op: the concept of marriage is a very difficult construct. that is why I suggest abstinence. once u start tasting here and there, it can become a habit that even when you marry, u still want to taste.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by nonut: 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
Rushna27:
laughing in Spanish......... abeg I dey come.. wait for moi comment
You just want us to look at your profile picture.
Oya, we don look, what next?
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Willy123(m): 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
jaelz:
So I was hosting an uncle of mine and we were discussing about why he wasn't wearing his ring, to my utmost surprise he said he wears his ring any day his wife wears hers. I was shocked though but my mind drifted back to me so many of my friends and relations who also do not wear their rings again even despite being married.

Back in the days I know you only take off your ring when you want to flirt abi play away matches, but these days it's almost as if they take off their wedding rings immediately after those church weddings.

So my question is why?
[color=#006600][/color]l stopped wearing mine when the ring longer fit into my finger and whenever l wear it l need s a soap to remove it. I just pack am put for one side.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
Is it by wearing ring or honouring the vow you made to be faithful to your partner both in good and bad times? Married couples of today still cheat on their spouses despite wearing their wedding rings
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2021
If ring cannot stop infidelity, why the use? Only you can decide to be chaste - with or without wearing ring.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2021
I think it's more of the heart. Wife and I have 2rings, special occasion and everyday use, the last time we used one was at our baby's christening. None of us bothers about its use.
Also, I don't think ring prevents cheating. Opposite sex gets attracted to you more when they see that you are married as there won't be unnecessary showoff.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by niyidenrele: 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2021
Since wearing of wedding ring is getting out of hands, mostly by men ,
I suggest that henceforth
Married Men should start wearing a customized uniform....
I rise
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by DaInferno(m): 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
Smile4mee01:

Hmnn... I think the question should be When did the wearing of a ring symbolize a sign of love? Who sold this to us as being the right thing to do?
Adam and Eve had no ring, I can't remember if it's anywhere in the Bible, Quran, or even traditional religion? Let's wake up guys, we need to start questioning somethings.
in essence...its safe to say we don't need ID cards to identify ourselves since Adam and eve didn't have one as well...see people you chose to use as example...people that didn't even have proper/no clothing on. See ehn, a wedding ring stands for something, and it should be upheld.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by edoairways: 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
Smile4mee01:

Hmnn... I think the question should be When did the wearing of a ring symbolize a sign of love? Who sold this to us as being the right thing to do?
Adam and Eve had no ring, I can't remember if it's anywhere in the Bible, Quran, or even traditional religion? Let's wake up guys, we need to start questioning somethings.
Exactly my brother.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by edoairways: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2021
DaInferno:
in essence...its safe to say we don't need ID cards to identify ourselves since Adam and eve didn't have one as well...see people you chose to use as example...people that didn't even have proper/no clothing on. See ehn, a wedding ring stands for something, and it should be upheld.
Wedding ring is not an identity to start with. It is unnecessary load at the finger of the user.

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by banmee(m): 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

My oga. I'll take that as a compliment Sir. How is the weekend going

Brosef, everything de kampe oo. You have no idea how comforting it is to see someone else wey Im thought processes de similar to mine. I am not a very easy person to get along with because my standards are extremely high which is why I have zero friends. And I mean zero. Well one if you count my wife.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by mikaelword(m): 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2021
It is irrelevant after all. Sanctity of the heart is the kolo jare..
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by TemmyT002(m): 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
It's been a long time since I saw wedding ring on people's fingers o
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by mrksquare: 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
I do not wear my ring. Not because I want to appear as being single for the purpose of wooing single ladies but because sometimes I tend to forget to put my ring on. Only wear my ring when I'm going to church.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by mrksquare: 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
edoairways:

Wedding ring is not an identity to start with. It is unnecessary load at the finger of the user.

Big load my brother.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Bunmhi(f): 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2021
Wedding don tire them
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Trustedpronet: 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2021
Because the ring don't pay bills
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Henri8: 4:25pm On Apr 02, 2021
dollytino4real:
my wene b4 okoronavirus came in!
Like me.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by odehaj: 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
culf:

I wore mine until I mistakenly flushed it recently. Will buy another one soon and will wear it with pride.
once you buy another, ensure it is consecrated by an ordained pastor that has a working marriage.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by eme1n(m): 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2021
We don fat, ring don small!
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Oturatetuala(m): 6:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
because cheating never leaves them... I no talk oo
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
I stopped wearing mine cos hubby has refused wearing his. Let's be acting single together.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Cashify: 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2021
Is it by force
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by kodix(m): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
They want to marry again, the previous person is old cargo, fresh food is good.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by Jidebabs88(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
If I were to consider 'wearing of ring' then I won't get married. The putting on of things like chain, handbands, ring, etc has NEVER been my thing. As a matter of fact any of those things make me feel very uncomfortable. So I hardly use the ring & my wife knew this even before we got married and that has & would never cause any issue in the marriage.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by KenModi(m): 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

It's not about symbolising love. You don't need to wear a symbol of love... let the love be between you and your spouse. It's about letting other people know you're unavailable.

It's only age-advanced people I automatically consider married whether or not they have a wedding band on.

Young couples should wear their rings religiously.

See mental slavery! You obviously have been completely brainwashed by the white man. Did your ancestors wear rings? Did your forefathers wear rings when they got married?

That is how you people go about marrying according to the white man’s tradition, even putting on their traditional wedding attire of black suit and white gown all in the name of religion.

Who do black man this kind thing ennn?!!

Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by sinaj(f): 9:42pm On Apr 02, 2021
Roon9:

Lols! I'm sure a man said that.
A friend of mine told me his reacts to his skin.
What a load of baloney
I react to metals too.
Re: Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? by sinaj(f): 9:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
Skmoda360:

But some people take it as a levity to remove it when their skin ain't sensitive to metal.
their problem

What would be Your Reaction If You Caught Your Child Self Servicing? / Suspected Ritualist Batters Wife In Ibadan, Oyo Over Refusal To Comply (graphic) / Man Creates A Resumé For His 2-Month-Old Baby (See His Reason)