Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded (39023 Views)

Another Set of BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Passengers Injured (photos) / Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos / Dangote Truck And Bus Collide In Plateau, Many Dead (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by fergie001: 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
Two trains collided Friday in southern Egypt on Friday, causing three passenger cars to flip over, killing 32 people and leaving 66 injured, health authorities said.

Dozens of ambulance vehicles were rushed to the scene of the crash, which took place in the southern province of Sohag, said a statement by Egypt’s heath ministry.

Local media displayed videos from the scene showing flipped wagons with passengers trapped inside and surrounded by rubble. Some victims seemed unconscious, while others could be seen bleeding. Bystanders carried bodies, laying them out on the ground near the site of the accident.

Egypt’s railway system has a history of badly maintained equipment and poor management. Official figures show that 1,793 train accidents took place in 2017 across the country.

In 2018, a passenger train derailed near the southern city of Aswan, injuring at least six people and prompting authorities to fire the chief of the country’s railways.

In the same year, President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi said the government lacks about 250 billion Egyptian pounds, or $14.1 billion, to overhaul the run-down rail system. El-Sissi spoke a day after a passenger train collided with a cargo train, killing at least 12 people, including a child.

A year earlier, two passenger trains collided just outside the Mediterranean port city of Alexandria, killing 43 people. In 2016, at least 51 people were killed when two commuter trains collided near Cairo.

Egypt’s deadliest train crash took place in 2002, when over 300 people were killed when fire erupted in speeding train traveling from Cairo to southern Egypt.

SOURCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UukCiJCqPJU

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by JaneYave(f): 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2021
Oh my God! Good lives gone like that

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by KrustyKrab: 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2021
How on earth did this even happened. Watching the video, I can't help but to imagine the strenuous pain and psychological struggle the victims would have undergone before kicking the bucket.

It's a pity.

I Love Krabby Patty.. tongue

12 Likes

Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by Spending123: 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2021
Uprightness100:
Just Negodu!
These are part of strange things we are talking about hitting the Nations of the Earth.
Anyone who is Pretending like things are normal, Will have himself/herself to blame.

You rest for once kwanu.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by Spending123: 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2021
Ifesinachi22:
Why are Fulani people AFRAID of Self Governance?

If Fulani are AFRAID of Independence of their own, why do they want to rule other people?

24 Likes

Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by KrustyKrab: 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2021
cry
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by Spending123: 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2021
Uprightness100:

When the Greatest Event hits! You will wish you had not listened and not rested!
It's like a Joke now, but it will Happen!

Forget it cos my name is already written in the book of life. You always do as if we on Nairaland nah devil we the serve.
Jeromejnr:

The Day will declare if you are written in the book.

Because I cannot see how someone who claims to be a Christian will be attacking another Christian because that Christian chose to obey the great commission while you sit at home and watch TV.
Uprightness100:

When the Greatest Event hits! You will wish you had not listened and not rested!
It's like a Joke now, but it will Happen!

Even the bible said it " too much of everything is bad "

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by slawormiir: 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad....
You see why I keep saying we were born to die...
For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die

you dey inside house.. building fit collapse on top your head... electric fit shock you die...
you enter train....the train derail
you enter plane he crash
you enter boat or ship...he capsized
you dey waka for road...stray bullet hit you
you dey on your own lasser fever or any other better fever fall you( check hospital)
you dey open space or field on a rainy day with umbrella then thunder strike...the umbrella act as a good conductor to shock you die

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by Jeromejnr(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2021
Spending123:

Forget it cos my name is already written in the book of life. You always do as if we on Nairaland nah devil we the serve.

The Day will declare if you are written in the book.

Because I cannot see how someone who claims to be a Christian will be attacking another Christian because that Christian chose to obey the great commission while you sit at home and watch TV.

10 Likes

Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by NwaNimo1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by Doortun(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2021
Ghadaffi saw this.
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by AustineCJ: 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2021
I updated my iphone11 to latest ios version 14.4.1 and the phone keeps restarting. some say its a battery problem since my ba3 health is 85% while others said its the updating not suiting the phone, that the next ios version will correct it. please any idea fam ?
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by tillaman(m): 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2021
shocked
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by Urfavouritegirl: 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2021
May God comfort their families
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by Blitz888(m): 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2021
Chai
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by Racoon(m): 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2021
shocked Chai! Just like that.
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by Justbetter1: 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by Bustincole(m): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2021
May God help us all
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by MufasaLion: 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2021
[quote author=Spending123 post=100231833]

Forget it cos my name is already written in the book of life. You always do as if we on Nairaland nah devil we the serve. [quote]

RT!
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by tunwumi: 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2021
Thank God we don't even have such technology not to say such risk will exist.
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by soft101: 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2021
Negligence of the control room. What do I even know.

Rest in peace to the departed. Avoidable dead! ���
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by WoundedLamb: 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2021
Wow! This is sad!
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by tutudesz: 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
undecided
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by Abigirlsuen: 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
HMMM
Re: Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded by tishbite41(m): 2:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad....
You see why I keep saying we were born to die...
For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die

you dey inside house.. building fit collapse on top your head... electric fit shock you die...
you enter train....the train derail
you enter plane he crash
you enter boat or ship...he capsized
you dey waka for road...stray bullet hit you
you dey on your own lasser fever or any other better fever fall you( check hospital)
you dey open space or field on a rainy day with umbrella then thunder strike...the umbrella act as a good conductor to shock you die
classic

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of An Overcrowded Train In Agege, Lagos. / FG Bans EU Flights From Nigeria / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.