Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,005 members, 7,799,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

How Can I Do It Right? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Can I Do It Right? (266 Views)

What My Uncle's Want To Do, Is It Right? / Is It Right For A Girl Of Thirteen Should Be Bathing In Public / Is It Right To Pay For Police Report On Lost Document? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Do It Right? by udumosam23(m): 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2021
A neighbour's son recently came back home and built a bunk just by my window. When he started building, I asked what it was and he said he wants to sell palmy and peppersoup.

The development has made me very restless because of the smoke, noise and the nature of people it has begin to attract to the neighbourhood. Note this is at the heart of the community.

I thought of reporting to the police. But I said let me dialogue first. So I invited him and his father. I told them of the effect of their business in my home and immediate environment, and pleaded with them to remove the bunk from there.

Father understood with me, son refused. When I invited him the second time he asked me to settle him so he can find other business.

I was pissed, but I maintain my calm, but as I left I heard him boast before his father that he has registered with the organisation and also registered with the police,that there is nothing I can do.

Now, they are a poor family true, I'm not rich either, but I can at least afford to make a case. I've tried complaining to the community chief, but he's helpless too.

I want go to the police, but again I am thinking, suppose it is true that he has paid the police? Will it be an effort in futility? Is there anything I can do to legally remove this thing from my window since dialogue proves abortive?

Please I'm gradually going into depression already as I think of this. I need help.
Re: How Can I Do It Right? by MufasaLion: 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
Take up the case. Some people are ignorant to know the implications of what they do. You've tried your best as a compassionate human.
Re: How Can I Do It Right? by vickyfrancis1(m): 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2021
So sorry man...if the police can't solve the issue, then taken it to the town planning authorities...they should inspect the building and tag it an illegal construction... though most of them collect bribes...or you can go to the central police station and make your case or even go as far as involving the NDLEA...once they arrest people like 3 times there due to hard drugs, customers will reduce drastically and subsequently forcing him out of business or relocating to another place.
Re: How Can I Do It Right? by Kriss216: 3:28pm On Mar 26, 2021
When I invited him the second time he asked me to settle him so he can find other business.
He's got a point here. It's up to you sha.
Re: How Can I Do It Right? by udumosam23(m): 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2021
Kriss216:

He's got a point here. It's up to you sha.

Seriously?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Seeing Demanding Bribe From A Spanish Man On Tour / Legal Advice Needed / Baba Ijesha And I Did Not Have Any Prior Issues- I Will Get Justice For The Vict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.