Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! (46882 Views)

I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by BigDawsNet: 9:30am On Mar 27, 2021
Ehya
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by IamFINESSE: 9:31am On Mar 27, 2021
angry angry
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by solsticey2k3(m): 9:31am On Mar 27, 2021
Let's always remember that a genuine customer care representative will not ask for your debit card details. Rather they will only ask for your account number and name, which they will use to get all the information on their system.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Tap0lane: 9:31am On Mar 27, 2021
You gave out card details plus OTP details join ?
Sir you are too foolish for me to feel any sympathy for.

Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I am in so much pains guys!

Scammers why did you do this to us?

Tell me, if something bad befalls your family will you be happy

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Please learn from my mistake.

I’m in so much tears right now.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by heartbraker(m): 9:32am On Mar 27, 2021
ur mumuness is extraordinary if u can be scam with dis so old format.

8 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Gubularaska: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Reach out to sporty bet and block the funds in the account asap. You can actually take action against sporty bet and they will help you fish out the criminal or return your money. They can't go against their rules and regulations on card usage and account funding.

7 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Goldbw122(m): 9:32am On Mar 27, 2021
You don't send otp to someone you don't know even the real Customer care will not ask you for your otp..

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by maishai01: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2021
Haba. Sorry for your plight, but how can you give out your details with all the noise being made by banks?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Antibot5: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2021
The number of scammers on zenith Bank social media profile ehn.

They don't regulate this people.. you will see scammers and the main bank dragging comment section on twitter or Facebook..

Sometimes I begin to wonder if this guy's are supporting them

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by konkonbilo(m): 9:32am On Mar 27, 2021
shocked
Please I'm looking for this guy, he resides in Lagos and he's a videographer. A client's work his with him and needs to be delivered. His phone has been off for the past 6 days. If you're a friend, neighbor or his family. Please i need to get in touch with him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by MufasaLion: 9:33am On Mar 27, 2021
Result of IMPATIENCE. Sorry anyways.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Fran6ik: 9:33am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Thank you everyone. I wonder what Sportypay is...all feels like a dream to me.
Report for a reversal in the bank. Zenith will reverse it for you. Sorry dear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 27, 2021
JAZZ of the mind at work
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by airminem(f): 9:33am On Mar 27, 2021
Two things involve. You could be in HEAVEN or you could be in HELL sad
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by tirex(m): 9:34am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Sorry to hear that. It was used to top up a sports betting account. Why not start by reaching out to the betting company. That's a good lead

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Penguin2: 9:34am On Mar 27, 2021
azraeljaheel:
Suspecting one guy...

But I won't say Nada

Am sure if this makes front page

The next thing you will see is

Damn niggarrrr

Hahahahaha!

Na Slowimir u dey fear to call his name so?

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 27, 2021
Take heart dear.

You'll recoup in no time kiss

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by BasaReigns(m): 9:34am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I know I know...trust me I am always so careful, today was just different...this scammer will forever feel these pains of mine! Tonight I’ll report the scammer to God...all his generations will suffer for this!
Report your stupidity as well to God

7 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by maishai01: 9:35am On Mar 27, 2021
adecz:

❌A modern young man falling
for such a simple scam.

❌Banks always warn that they will
never ask customers for their card
details, but stubborn customers like
you think they know better.

When you are too 'smart' to learn the
easy way, you will be forced to learn
the hard way.

❌Mugu fall, guy men wack!!

cool cool cool

A bit harsh but quite true. She not only gave out the full card details but even OTP!! HABA!! shocked shocked

This one wan resemble village pipo thins. . . lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Gr8Nez(m): 9:35am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I know I know...trust me I am always so careful, today was just different...this scammer will forever feel these pains of mine! Tonight I’ll report the scammer to God...all his generations will suffer for this!
the unborn kids did nothing haba re you paying for the sins of your father and mother misdeed swear for who scam you n not the children whey dey heaven or earth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by lastburn(m): 9:35am On Mar 27, 2021
Go to your bank first thing on Monday and show them.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by AerialMapper: 9:35am On Mar 27, 2021
I hope you’ve learned from your mistake!

A bank will NEVER ask you for the 16 digits on your card and a bank will NEVER ask you for the OTP.

NEVER... no exception.

It was a tough lesson. Send me an email and let’s talk about reimbursing you for the losses

10 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by HRHQueenPhil(f): 9:36am On Mar 27, 2021
This is so painful
My annoyance is that transaction is difficult to reverse

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by BennyDGreat: 9:36am On Mar 27, 2021
adecz:

❌A modern young man falling
for such a simple scam.

❌Banks always warn that they will
never ask customers for their card
details, but stubborn customers like
you think they know better.

When you are too 'smart' to learn the
easy way, you will be forced to learn
the hard way.

❌Mugu fall, guy men wack!!

cool cool cool

Please always deploy emotional intelligence when posting on a public forum!

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Chimeluv(f): 9:36am On Mar 27, 2021
Sorry for your loss and may that person meet his/her waterloo cry

5 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by culf: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2021
sorry oooo, no bank will ask for your bank card numbers (complete) and pin. Always know that
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by PerfectMatchNG: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2021
konkonbilo:
shocked
Please I'm looking for this guy, he resides in Lagos and he's a videographer. A client's work his with him and needs to be delivered. His phone has been off for the past 6 days. If you're a friend, neighbor or his family. Please i need to get in touch with him.
Kindly visit the nearest police station.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by MilitantAtheist: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
lol. Sorry for what happened. But you reporting to god is continuous stupidity. god could have warned you that it was scam if god existed and loves you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by FatherCHRISTMAS: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2021
chai
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by hakeem4(m): 9:37am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

I remember when I had issue and I saw number attached to the zenith account but it was un verified. I started chatting them on whatsapp and the next thing the fellow started asking for my DOB and account number.

I ignored then search the caller on true caller and I saw he was tagged zenith scam

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Congolese Man Beats His Wife To Death After 2 Years Of Marriage (Graphic Pics) / Bandit Forced To Bring Out Guns From Hiding Place. Photos And Video / Twitter's Reaction To Alhaji Gay's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.