Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses (32150 Views)

Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Community, Rob Filling Station, Businesses / Military Invades Shangev-Tiev, Benue, Kills 30 Villagers, Burns 200 Houses - SR / Many Killed By Gunmen In Omege, Ebonyi Village (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by obicmag(m): 10:53am On Mar 27, 2021
Abeg what is the social and economic benefit of Agbro?
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by Funkeshuga(m): 11:02am On Mar 27, 2021
adadike:
Ndigbo, umu nnem, pls let's sheath our sword. We are one family. We can always agree to disagree but not to kill or maim ourselves. Where is the beauty of life,,? Why kill ourselves in this brutal manner,? If we continue to kill ourselves, what do we do when the real enemy surfaces? Biko, onye obuna metu nwane ya aka si ya afuru ngi n'anya, ibu onye uwa oma

are those fighting online?

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by Tobid1822: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2021
Hi everyone, Please take a few minutes of your time and click on this link to help fill this questionnaire. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScGfFxoRJGOUkciKILK2l383Xv5mluG_Z9gctnjc7s14S1NVg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 27, 2021
diplomat058:
The only problem you have with my submission is the mistrust you have for people of my identity - there is no point pretending. Well, I was not being malicious when I said the Effium language is not Igboid; it indeed is not. And you quoted me out of context. My first paragraph established Land Indigenousness controversy as the center of the dispute. All other disaffection between the two parties are premised on this. The Effium feared Ezza economic and demographic dominance as threats to their continued ownership of the town. The Ezza are firmly in control of the town's economy, and there have been alleged clandestine moves by them to change the indigenous identity of the Land in their favor. The last stroke was the attempt to crown an Ezza King in an Effium Town. Well, this is the Effium perspective. The Ezza, on the other hand, allege envy, violence and hatred from the Effium. They believe they are trying to develop the Land, but the Effium people want to be stuck in their 'poverty and misery.' Both sides have their arguments. The point is, if demarcation and separation will bring about peace, so be it. There have been too much bloodshed already. See, I know the indepth of the crises. I just laugh when I see external parties pointing to the NURTW which is just one of the many peripheral fallouts of the greater issues.

And I still have good friends across board. You are correct in your analysis of Ezza locational dilemma, but I think you are still lacking in the specifics about the Effium case. Good to know you are an ethnic nationalist. I am one also, and I take great interests in racial history, theory and development.

N'dewo/Ndo

You went for youth service, why not serve and go.

This is one of the reasons we keep on saying that NYSC should be abolished because the reason it was created has been defeated.

In extreme cases then let everyone serve in her political zones.

All these things you are writing doesn't reflect with reality and n ground.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by Konpresor012(m): 12:25pm On Mar 27, 2021
DanFodioUsman:
This stupid National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) should be banned in all the states.

Violence is one monopoly we enjoy as Fulani herdsmen people. Please good people of Ebonyi, Don't follow our ways because it does not fit you.
Must u pretend to be a northerner to defend inyamiris? You can defend your tribe by being your true self, or are you ashamed of being ibo?
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by Goditto(m): 12:46pm On Mar 27, 2021
Simplyleo:
Their business, e no concern me.

Are you not an agent of darkness?
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by noisy45(m): 1:34pm On Mar 27, 2021
It is the Ezza & Effium land dispute that has been going on for years.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by adadike(f): 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2021
Funkeshuga:

are those fighting online?
their kith and kin should be
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by TheNeededShock(m): 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2021
Flatin0s killing each other= good for evolution.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2021
achierosion:
Bros why did you people first attack Ezza people in the first place?
Starting a war is very easy but ending it is very hard, now that effium market will never be the same again, Ezzas will likely to avenge the death of their people whom you guys killed for nothing.
The issue of NURTW is just a smokescreen to start a senseless war you can win.
Tell ur brothers to stop that rubbish they are doing.
Ezza is big.

who attacked who first is not my concern, I have no interest in what is transpiring there and I have not been to Nigeria for 5 good years talk more of Effium; we calling for an end to this carnage, and not this unfortunate blame game.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by achierosion(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
NwaEzefuNaMba:

who attacked who first is not my concern, I have no interest in what is transpiring there and I have not been to Nigeria for 5 good years talk more of Effium; we calling for an end to this carnage, and not this unfortunate blame game.
on same page anyway
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by achierosion(m): 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Let them fight more.
Ebonyi news will swallow you.

Poor tin.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by achierosion(m): 4:04pm On Mar 27, 2021
Igboid:

Stop yarning dust.

Ezza vs Effium issue is a struggle for control of market park revenue by rival NURTW members belonging to both divides.

Yes! Effium don't speak Igboid language as first language, every child born in Effium learns Orring and Igbo Language from birth, just as communities like Isua, Ipe Epinmi in Ondo state don't speak Yoruba as first language, but like these non Yoruba communities had since adopted a Yoruba origin and can't see themselves as anything other than Yoruba, so had the Effiums adopted Igbo language and origin and are very proud of it.

Stop trying to obfuscate issues. Ezza vs Effium issue is not about Effium Orring language.
Ezza naturally fight everyone around them. They are fighting Ezillo people too who are Igboid speaking.
I think the person u qouted have lectured you enough, the issue here is that Ezza control the Economic activities of that area thereby bringing hatred and envy towards Ezzas.
This issue has been lingering for a very long time until they (effiuomite) decided to surprise Ezzas.

The rest na history.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by KoshCAD: 4:04pm On Mar 27, 2021
castrogee:

Foolish! Is this carnage close to what wakili did in Abeokuta?

Almost half of Ogun state residents are eating watery beans in Niger IDP homes and your lord Tinubu could not do anything, but tomorrow you people will want to claim sophistication.

Moronic imbeciles.
I feel your pain. I understand you never wished this news comes to nairaland. Not half of ogun residents, you for say all Ogun residents.

Cos I don't know how that related to the killing and massacring of you cowards.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by KoshCAD: 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2021
castrogee:

Ezi, were did you see 1000 dead people? You people will always wish SE to be like Abeokuta where Wakili killed more than 10,000 people and
Displaced an entire Local government, but no, Alaigbo will always continue to be peaceful, cus we Ndigbo are peace loving people.

We will never be like North East where terrorism is the new religion!
No need for south East to be like Abeokuta.

The killing spree going on is enough hahahahaha. Ndo o
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by ngadaAwo: 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
TheNeededShock:
Flatin0s killing each other= good for evolution.
mynd44 lalasticlala seun
Rule 2
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by Igboid: 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2021
achierosion:
I think the person u qouted have lectured you enough, the issue here is that Ezza control the Economic activities of that area thereby bringing hatred and envy towards Ezzas.
This issue has been lingering for a very long time until they (effiuomite) decided to surprise Ezzas.

The rest na history.

You are obviously an Ezza man more interested in propaganda than peace . I know your type.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by BiafIntel: 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
More reason why Biafra is needed as quickly as possible.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by achierosion(m): 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
Igboid:

You are obviously an Ezza man more interested in propaganda than peace . I know your type.
God knows that I hate anything 'crisis' in life and community because it will not end well even when you think you are winning. This people intermarried for ages and effium people (not everyone there) decided to buy gun and face his closet neighbor thinking they'll wiped Ezzas in a day, they killed Ezzas in their numbers because this is not a football match where a date is being set.

I want peace to reign in Ebonyi state and beyond.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by Igboid: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
achierosion:
God knows that I hate anything 'crisis' in life and community because it will not end well even when you think you are winning. This people intermarried for ages and effium people (not everyone there) decided to buy gun and face his closet neighbor thinking they'll wiped Ezzas in a day, they killed Ezzas in their numbers because this is not a football match where a date is being set.

I want peace to reign in Ebonyi state and beyond.

You Ezzas first of all have to acknowledge that Effium people have a genuine case.

They invited your ancestors in the past to help them secure their lands from their enemies. Then they gave you a portion of the land to inhabit.

What they never envisaged was Ezza people multiplying so much in population, so much that your population now threaten and frighten the population of the Effium people.
Additionally, your expanding population needs more land naturally for farming and building and have had to encroach into empty land spaces not part of the land space the Effium ancestors originally gave your ancestors.

This is not the first time this is happening with Ezza people. It has happened between Ezza and Ezzillo and some other cases I can't remember now.

It also happened between Awka and the strangers they accommodated called Amawbia.

Your case with Effium is not the first neither will it be the last. Humans are naturally territorial. When you start getting bigger in number than your hosts, it's only normal they feel threatened.

Saying Effium people are jealous of Ezza controlling the economy of Effium is only glossing over the fundamental issues at play here.
And I have to tell you, the way you Ezzas have tried to deigbonize Effium people and deny them their voluntary acceptance of the Igbo tag, in bid to paint them as outsiders in Igbo land and rile the rest of Igbo land against Effium people has not gone down well with Igbo nationalists.

Go and tell your people to stop that agenda because it will not agend. Effium people has willingly assimilated as Igbos and we will treat them as Igbos and not side you against them or them against you.

Ndiigbo are democrats. If you(Ezza) sit down with your Effium brothers and stop your unnecessary propaganda, I believe Effium fears can be allayed and a peaceful compromise can be reached between Ezza and Effium.

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by achierosion(m): 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2021
Igboid:

You Ezzas first of all have to acknowledge that Effium people have a genuine case.

They invited your ancestors in the past to help them secure their lands from their enemies. Then they gave you a portion of the land to inhabit.

What they never envisaged was Ezza people multiplying so much in population, so much that your population now threaten and frighten the population of the Effium people.
Additionally, your expanding population needs more land naturally for farming and building and have had to encroach into empty land spaces not part of the land space the Effium ancestors originally gave your ancestors.

This is not the first time this is happening with Ezza people. It has happened between Ezza and Ezzillo and some other cases I can't remember now.

It also happened between Awka and the strangers they accommodated called Amawbia.

Your case with Effium is not the first neither will it be the last. Humans are naturally territorial. When you start getting bigger in number than your hosts, it's only normal they feel threatened.

Saying Effium people are jealous of Ezza controlling the economy of Effium is only glossing over the fundamental issues at play here.
And I have to tell you, the way you Ezzas have tried to deigbonize Effium people and deny them their voluntary acceptance of the Igbo tag, in bid to paint them as outsiders in Igbo land and rile the rest of Igbo land against Effium people has not gone down well with Igbo nationalists.

Go and tell your people to stop that agenda because it will not agend. Effium people has willingly assimilated as Igbos and we will treat them as Igbos and not side you against them or them against you.

Ndiigbo are democrats. If you(Ezza) sit down with your Effium brothers and stop your unnecessary propaganda, I believe Effium fears can be allayed and a peaceful compromise can be reached between Ezza and Effium.
This is my first time of hearing about language differences as also part of the problem rocking Ezza and effium people but uneccessary jealousy brewing from the enemy of Ezza people.
If language is part of the case, then Ayamelum in Anambra should be in tight conner.
It is a dangerous conspiracy playing out in anywhere Ezzas are leaving recently.
Ezzas are not war mongers, they always have a genuine case in every fighting throwing at them.
I want peace to reign supreme anywhere in alaigbo.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by Emmahunk(m): 8:06pm On Mar 27, 2021
It's truly worrisome how we degenerated to this level. Human life used to be sacred in this Country but today worths less than a chicken's life.
What happened to us?
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by kareemkamil(m): 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
Can u imagine what white people brought to us
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by richeso: 12:32am On Mar 28, 2021
Unknown Gun Men Abi ?
no more bokoharam or herdsmen abi. na God to deal with una one by one
Re: Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses by Nobody: 2:10am On Apr 05, 2021
achierosion:
This is my first time of hearing about language differences as also part of the problem rocking Ezza and effium people but uneccessary jealousy brewing from the enemy of Ezza people.
If language is part of the case, then Ayamelum in Anambra should be in tight conner.
It is a dangerous conspiracy playing out in anywhere Ezzas are leaving recently.
Ezzas are not war mongers, they always have a genuine case in every fighting throwing at them.
I want peace to reign supreme anywhere in alaigbo.

What rubbish

So you be Ezza , James Nwafor brother.

Remove Anambra from your mouth for once.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things That The Next President Of Nigeria Is Expected To Put Back In Order. / Buhari Receives Outgoing Osun State Governor, Gboyega Oyetola / JTF Torturing Alleged Boko-Haram Members? (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.