Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? (12450 Views)

How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? / How Lucrative A Gas Refilling Business / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Tunagee(m): 2:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
ceejayluv:
It's cool... Though you should be aware that laptop sales are dwindling as smartphones are getting smarter. ( G-boys are no longer buying laptops as before, for example)

In essence, add smartphone repair to the bag as well.

Brilliant
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 02, 2021
udemzyudex:

Nothing to fix on the board? If you don't have knowledge about a particular thing, don't talk as if you're an expert in it.

Nothing to fix on the board, you sound like those crooks who deceive people with repairs you don't do.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by brookeroberts78(f): 9:37am On Apr 02, 2021
If you have a technical background and expert understanding of computers, a small computer repair business could be a great idea for you.

[url="http://www.glassmirror.ae/glass-partition-for-shower/"]glass partition in dubai[/url]
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by descarado: 10:00am On Apr 02, 2021
Nice topic and awesome contributions.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by udemzyudex(m): 11:00am On Apr 02, 2021
quentin06:

Nothing to fix on the board, you sound like those crooks who deceive people with repairs you don't do.

First of all are you a laptop technician?

See I don't need to exchange words with you because you have no clue of what you're talking about here, it will be a waste of time doing so.

I believe those who are into laptop repair understand my point, you're just an ignorant kid, that's all.

I'm a chip level engr and mostly do repairs for card level engrs.
A case of power on with charger and doesn't power on with battery was brought to my desk yesterday, and it was solved within 20mins.
that's the schematic below that's if you will even understand what's there.
Q65 was bad, making the BJT pin1 of Q64 to go high instead of low, since I don't have the spare to replace Q65, I short pin1 of Q64 to ground and the job was done.

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by drmuchin: 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
udemzyudex:

See I don't need to exchange words with you because you have no clue of what you're talking about here, it will be a waste of time doing so.

I believe those who are into laptop repair understand my point, you're just an ignorant kid, that's all.

A case of power on with charger and doesn't power on with battery was brought to my desk yesterday, and it was solved within 20mins.
Q65 was bad, making the BJT pin1 of Q64 to go high instead of low, since I don't have the spare to replace Q65, I short pin1 of Q64 to ground and the job was done.

Las Las u be father
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2021
udemzyudex:

what sort of chip, do you have the tools to re write data on a chip? Mr chip engineer, calling a transistor a chip, abeg park well, am not your gullible customer that you feed fat from, go eat plaintain chips.

Do you consider a laptops power board something complicated? Why not tell me you can replace the use a ddr3 ram chip on a Pentium 1 laptop Mr plaintain chips.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by udemzyudex(m): 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
quentin06:

what sort of chip, do you have the tools to re write data on a chip? Mr chip engineer, calling a transistor a chip, abeg park well, am not your gullible customer that you feed fat from, go eat plaintain chips.

Do you consider a laptops power board something complicated? Why not tell me you can replace the use a ddr3 ram chip on a Pentium 1 laptop Mr plaintain chips.

I know you're not wise, I'd like you to point out where I called a transistor a chip.

FYI check my dp, you will see my bios programmer, I use that to read and write bios files.

Just tell me you want to learn man, cos it shows you don't know jack.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2021
udemzyudex:

I know you're not wise, I'd like you to point out where I called a transistor a chip.

FYI check my dp, you will see my bios programmer, I use that to read and write bios files.

Just tell me you want to learn man, cos it shows you don't know jack.

I can't learn from a glorified quack like you, all boast and no competence.

My dog can teach you electronics.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by udemzyudex(m): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2021
quentin06:

I can't learn from a glorified quack like you, all boast and no competence.

My dog can teach you electronics.

Oga rest, you've been noticed.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by encryptjay(m): 12:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
udemzyudex:

Omo see as baba dey break down things. High-low, pinning here and there. Impressive skills you've got there Engr.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by latmukd: 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
LagBlogger:
The guy I bought my laptop from has two big shops and sells only premium laptops and accessories.

He started as a computer technician.

Yes, the money is in the sales of computer and accessories. The same is applicable to mobile phones.

I learnt mobile phone and computer repairs – though we do mostly mobile phone repairs. So I'm talking from my little experience. My major focus is also on sales of phone and computer accessories. But we have to start from somewhere.

From my observation, most people I know selling phone, computer and accessories also start as technician.

Good luck to you, OP.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by fakiboss(m): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2021
You will know miss Ruth or Mrs Felix
Benkingg:
I'm a system engineer works with khemsafe computer,the biggest computer firm in kaduna, I'm one of the best engineer of my time with 7 years experience btw 2004 to 2011.l Left the field to further my education.
During those period, their was a boom in the business as every household, banks, companies, and firms are queuing to obtain computers. I deliberately delay my education because I was making hellout of money. my salary was just 12k then but before the month runs out, I will be having like 50-60k in my personal savings aside my salary.i don't even have time to flex because cliet do comes from all part of the country. I have traveled to 18 state in the northern part of the country.i never wanted to further my education because I was so young at 18y+ with time on my side.
in the engineering department we are about 8 engineers Making money for the organization and to ourselves secretly �. the organization allowed us to deal with clients directly,so each and everyone of us has his/ her clients. we also have females as engineer too. so because of that about 4 engineers left the organization with their clients base and they are making cool money in their respective offices.
To cut the story short, I started to notice early downtime in the business, competition set in, and the business wasn't that rosy anymore, so I had to leave to further my education.
After my education (2017) I met some of my colleagues who are still in to computer repairs and they practically told me that the business is no more lucrative like before. I asked them y, they said banks who happens to be our major market no longer allow their system out of their Bank because of sensitive data,so in that case they recruited their own engineers, along with many factors.
in my state here in Kaduna, you will starve if you venture into computer engineering alone as their are many of them struggling to survive. you need other knowledge on CCTV, networking,etc to survive.
my advice for you is to learn phone repair instead because guys that I know are making it 10x compare to those still in the computer field...
You need think as many organization now have their own engineers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benefits Of Professional Courses To Your CV / Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. / When the available job or business becomes the desirable.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.