Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting (37032 Views)

Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" / What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future / Jesus Said Do Not Marry For The Sake Of The Kingdom Of Heaven! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by blazepascal(m): 3:53am On Mar 28, 2021
1. We keep forgetting the second commandment is a command.

We want our religion to be private, just “me and the Lord.”

Jesus refuses to play that game. After being asked to identify the “greatest” command, He said, “And the second is like unto it. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself” (Matthew 22:39). We must note that this is a command, not an option, an opinion, a wish, a Facebook “like,” or a good idea. To love one’s neighbor strongly is a key component of the kind of witness Jesus envisioned His people extending to the world.

So, why don’t we obey it? Answer: We have found it inconvenient, difficult, and demanding. When we love people – truly care for them to the point that they know it – they might need us, and that would interfere with our schedule. It’s much easier to love the lovely, to care for the appreciative, to give to the deserving, and to reach out to those who need little or nothing.

2. We keep forgetting two things about His command to feed the hungry, clothe the needy, visit the sick, in Matthew 25.

First, we forget that this is a command and is not optional… something the Lord hopes we might find time to do along life’s way while attending to more important matters. Jesus honestly expects His people to do this. I’m happy to report many churches are taking this seriously and are involving their people in strong ministries to the down and out, the voiceless, and the forgotten.

Secondly, when we do these things “unto the least of these my brethren,” Hetakes it personally. We are to do good to everyone, but brothers and sisters in Christ have first dibs on our assistance. Paul said, “As we have the opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith” (Galatians 6:10).

A side note: Nowhere–underscore that–nowhere, does the Bible tell the church to take care of all the poor of the world. I hear people say that the government would not have to get involved in welfare if the church did its duty (Imagine Jesus telling the handful of disciples in Jerusalem they were to go into all the world and meet the physical needs of the billions. He did not do this. Let us give thanks).

3. We forget that loving people and loving the Lord is all about action, not emotion.

When our Lord told us to “love your enemies” in Luke 6:27, He immediately explained that what He’s calling for is action. We are to do good, bless, pray, give, etc. Throughout the Upper Room discourse (John 13-16), Jesus emphasized that whoever loves Him keeps His commands. Words are important, of course, and emotions can be, too. But nothing packs more punch than actions – the works we do. The Lord said, “Whoever hears these words of mine and does them is like one who builds his house on a rock” (Matthew 7:24).

4. We keep forgetting the Lord told us to expect to be treated badly.

“An hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God.” (John 16:2)

God’s people keep expecting to be loved and appreciated by those to whom we minister and then end up getting blindsided by their hostility. We complain, “Why are they treating us this way? All I was doing was helping and blessing. Where is God? What’s wrong?”

Answer: Nothing is wrong. You are right on schedule.

We have forgotten Matthew 10:16-22and similar passages where Jesus warned we would be hated “by all for (His) name’s sake.”

5. We keep forgetting He told us to love our enemies.

This point follows on the heels of the previous ones for good reason. They treat us badly and how are we to react? We are to love them, not nurse our anger, bear grudges or protect our resentment as though we now possess a get-out-of-jail-free card entitling us to despise them.

Anyone who spends even a few minutes on Facebook reading the posts of professing Christians will come away horrified at the hostility some of the Lord’s people express toward other religions, worldly pleasure-lovers, and misguided politicians. Call their hand on it and they will answer, “I do love the sinner but hate the sin.” But everything about their behavior and all their words speaks of hatred and malice, not Christlike behavior. On the cross, dying, even as the tormentors continued their evil work, our Lord said, “Father, forgive them. They know not what they do.”

Let’s get this right, Christian. So much depends on our loving the enemies

6. We forget we are commissioned to throw parties for the undeserving and undesirable.

“When you give a reception (banquet), invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.” (Luke 14:13-14)

These people have our Lord’s heart. They are special to Him. “He who gives to the poor lends to the Lord,” Scripture says in Proverbs. The closer we are to Jesus, the more such ones will matter to us, too. If you haven’t read Tony Campolo’s The Kingdom of God is a Party, then get it and dive in. This man has a way of hitting us between the eyes with the 2 x 4 of God’s love. In my humble opinion, as the saying goes, Tony overstates his case at times, but still, he’s so worth reading.

7. We conveniently forget that “Jesus saves.”

We know He forgives, and we love to sing about it. What we have pushed to the back burner however is the fact that He came to save sinners (see Matthew 1:21 and Luke 2:11 for starters) and that is to be our business too.

We who devote ourselves to feeding the hungry and clothing the naked and so forth, sometimes think we have fulfilled our assignment. Not even close. We fail people when we give them bread but keep silent about the Savior who can meet their true needs, fill their deepest hungers, and heal their greatest hurts.

8. We forget that with Jesus, change is the norm

Luke 5:36-39 presents new wineskins as the Lord’s pattern for His disciples: strong, flexible, faithful, growing, etc.

We do love our status quo. In science, they call it “inertia,” the tendency of a body to go on doing whatever it’s doing at the moment – moving or remaining stationary. However, the Lord does not play this game with us. He is forever calling us out of our comfort zones, abandoning our customary methods, and finding new ways of seeing and doing and achieving. No one unwilling to constantly change and adapt can follow Jesus Christ for long.

9. We keep forgetting that the object is not to keep rules.

The object is obedience to the Lord, not slavishly keeping the rules. Many of the Lord’s well-intentioned children miss the fine line between those two.

“The letter of the law kills, the Spirit gives life.” (2 Corinthians 3:6)

Anyone who requires a demonstration of that proof needs only to visit a legalistic church for a few weeks. They will be heartbroken over the way rule-keepers “omit the weightier matters” in order to “tithe mint and dill and cumin” (Matthew 23:23).

While preaching in a church located near a sizeable Amish community, the pastor had stories about the legalistic ways of his neighbors. One man had disinherited his adult sons for buying a car. And yet, he would hire a car and driver to transport him to Nashville where he would board planes to take him all over the world.

To the legalists who were twisting God’s laws into shackles for their neighbors, our Lord said, “Man was not made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath was made for man” (Mark 2:27).

I suspect every church in the land has members (and often leaders) who need constant reminders of this.

10. We keep forgetting to read all the Word and not take a verse or two out of context.

“Here a verse, there a verse.” I stand before you today to confess that I’m as guilty as anyone I know. We do love our verses, don’t we? They fit so conveniently on bumper stickers and in our tweets.

How many people know and love Jeremiah 29:11 (“I know the plans I have for you….”) and claim it as their own but have no clue what’s going on in that chapter and to whom it was given.

Here’s another: In Luke 9:3, Jesus said to the disciples, “Take nothing for your journey, neither staffs nor bag nor bread nor money; and do not have two tunics apiece.” Clear enough, right? Wrong.

I heard a distinguished Christian columnist quoting Luke 9:3 as the basis of God expecting poverty from Christian workers. However, he failed to point out that our Lord reversed that command in Luke 22:35-36.

It’s an easy mistake to make unless you are a diligent student of the Word.

All of which proves once again that His thoughts are not our thoughts, neither are His ways our ways (Isaiah 55:cool.

We do like our religion easy and palatable, comfortable and undemanding with instant rewards and no room for outsiders unless they quickly become like us.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/10-big-things-jesus-said-that-we-keep-forgetting.html%3famp=1

94 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by budaatum: 4:17am On Mar 28, 2021
Jesus is the Word! And the Word is God! And who so ever understandeth it shall not perish too soon.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Kobojunkie: 4:30am On Mar 28, 2021
blazepascal:

10. We keep forgetting to read all the Word and not take a verse or two out of context.

“Here a verse, there a verse.” I stand before you today to confess that I’m as guilty as anyone I know. We do love our verses, don’t we? They fit so conveniently on bumper stickers and in our tweets.

How many people know and love Jeremiah 29:11 (“I know the plans I have for you….”) and claim it as their own but have no clue what’s going on in that chapter and to whom it was given.

Here’s another: In Luke 9:3, Jesus said to the disciples, “Take nothing for your journey, neither staffs nor bag nor bread nor money; and do not have two tunics apiece.” Clear enough, right? Wrong.

I heard a distinguished Christian columnist quoting Luke 9:3 as the basis of God expecting poverty from Christian workers. However, he failed to point out that our Lord reversed that command in Luke 22:35-36.

All of which proves once again that His thoughts are not our thoughts, neither are His ways our ways (Isaiah 55:cool.

We do like our religion easy and palatable, comfortable and undemanding with instant rewards and no room for outsiders unless they quickly become like us.
Jesus Christ did not reverse what He He commanded of His disciples in Luke vs 9 in Luke 22 vz 35-35. In fact, He never reversed what He said. Instead in Luke 22 , if you considered the verses in their original context, rather than reversing the command He had previously given, He was instead preparing the stage for the fulfillment of yet another prophecy made by Isaiah the prophet. undecided

I previously had a conversation of sorts with someone else who claimed that in Luke 22 vs 35-36 Jesus Christ was in fact calling His disciples to pick up arms against those who would fight them.

https://www.nairaland.com/6428886/not-christian-support-harm-against#99804241

4 Likes

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by AntiChristian: 7:21am On Mar 28, 2021
Love your neighbor as yourself self no be here o!

CAN wet dey force Muslims girls to remove their Hijab in Public schools. And Bishop Oyedepo was calling the consuming fire of God to come decide the matter. The fire he never called on bandits, kidnappers and Boko haram.

Christians will give you anything for as long as you can convert to christianity. Visiting the sick is an avenue to make fishes of men to christianity.

How do you love your enemies and pray for them? Christians are the major cursers of Buhari and Nigeria as if they are their enemy. Can you pray for Boko haram too?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by orunto27: 7:44am On Mar 28, 2021
"I NOW GIVE YOU A NEW COMMANDMENT, LOVE YOURSELVES AS I LOVE YOU".

1 Like

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by hopefulLandlord: 7:54am On Mar 28, 2021
Christians also keep forgetting Jesus said they'd ask anything in his name and it would be done as long as they have faith even if the faith is as small as a mustard seed. Christians forget this when it comes to amputees as they'd rather give amputees indomie than ask Jesus to give them new limbs. A

8 Likes

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by ChocolateWine(f): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2021
Interesting
Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by SEGLIZ: 8:40am On Mar 28, 2021
there are no true followers of Christ anymo

4 Likes

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 28, 2021
Ok
Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by DEMZEE(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2021
budaatum:
Jesus is the Word! And the Word is God! And who so ever understandeth it shall not perish too soon.

So u be Christian feminist interesting
Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Grace001: 8:42am On Mar 28, 2021
I was expecting to make a declaration before I could comment on this thread.

This forum should be “Nairaland Islamic forum” if declaration is only compulsory only on Muslim threads before anyone could comment

9 Likes

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Chirowman(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2021
Good
Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Thattallgirl(f): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2021
We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:17. You can't love anyone or do anything good around you without knowing the love God has for you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Humanoid01(m): 8:45am On Mar 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

CAN wet dey force Muslims girls to remove their Hijab in Public schools. And Bishop Oyedepo was calling the consuming fire of God to come decide the matter. The fire he never called on bandits, kidnappers and Boko haram.

Christians will give you anything for as long as you can convert to christianity. Visiting the sick is an avenue to make fishes of men to christianity.

How do you love your enemies and pray for them? Christians are the major cursers of Buhari and Nigeria as if they are their enemy. Can you pray for Boko haram too?
If 80% of Christians do not practise what the Bible teaches, does that make the Bible false? The Bible does not instruct Christians to feed the poor, visit the sick, etc with the sole purpose of converting them. It should be done out of love, that is what the Bible teaches. LOVE!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Jirehz(m): 8:45am On Mar 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

I always pray for peace in this country
My church holds intercessions for the country
God is justice, so whilst we pray that the Bokoharam members repent, we also pray that justice prevails for all the evil they’ve done.

I have this feeling that you’ll soon experience the mind blowing peace of Christ.
And you’ll come to Jesus Christ a changed man.

Real peace

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by akinmusi(m): 8:45am On Mar 28, 2021
blazepascal:

Luke 5:36-39 presents new wineskins as the Lord’s pattern for His disciples: strong, flexible, faithful, growing, etc.

We do love our status quo. In science, they call it “inertia,” the tendency of a body to go on doing whatever it’s doing at the moment – moving or remaining stationary. However, the Lord does not play this game with us. He is forever calling us out of our comfort zones, abandoning our customary methods, and finding new ways of seeing and doing and achieving. No one unwilling to constantly change and adapt can follow Jesus Christ for long.

God bless you and his words.
In peculiarities, Nigerians are afraid of God, especially this next level of change.

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by kokomilala(m): 8:47am On Mar 28, 2021
Not that we forget,we just elect to not keep these commands, because this perverse generation is the most self-willed and self-centred throughout history.The selfie culture encapsulates this,if u like.

1 Like

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by obyrich(m): 8:49am On Mar 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

Seun why will you allow an Islamic fundamentalist to be running criticisms on Christian threads while Christians are debarred from commenting on Muslim threads. Is this fair?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by VEXT: 8:49am On Mar 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

If Muslims behave like Christians,this world will have be a safe place for every one...There will be nothing like killing for Mohammad and terrorism..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 28, 2021
Nice write up
But why be say na only Sundays person dey see this kind thread.ha never see this kind thread for Friday or Monday before grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Kpobaridaniel(m): 8:50am On Mar 28, 2021
living the very godly life.❤

1 Like

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Bwoodlt: 8:53am On Mar 28, 2021
@blazepascal This is great! Thanks for sharing.

Do share this on FaithCircle: https://thefaithcircle.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 28, 2021
[/b][b]
blazepascal:
1. We keep forgetting the second commandment is a command.

We want our religion to be private, just “me and the Lord.”

Jesus refuses to play that game. After being asked to identify the “greatest” command, He said, “And the second is like unto it. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself” (Matthew 22:39). We must note that this is a command, not an option, an opinion, a wish, a Facebook “like,” or a good idea. To love one’s neighbor strongly is a key component of the kind of witness Jesus envisioned His people extending to the world.

So, why don’t we obey it? Answer: We have found it inconvenient, difficult, and demanding. When we love people – truly care for them to the point that they know it – they might need us, and that would interfere with our schedule. It’s much easier to love the lovely, to care for the appreciative, to give to the deserving, and to reach out to those who need little or nothing.

2. We keep forgetting two things about His command to feed the hungry, clothe the needy, visit the sick, in Matthew 25.

First, we forget that this is a command and is not optional… something the Lord hopes we might find time to do along life’s way while attending to more important matters. Jesus honestly expects His people to do this. I’m happy to report many churches are taking this seriously and are involving their people in strong ministries to the down and out, the voiceless, and the forgotten.

Secondly, when we do these things “unto the least of these my brethren,” Hetakes it personally. We are to do good to everyone, but brothers and sisters in Christ have first dibs on our assistance. Paul said, “As we have the opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith” (Galatians 6:10).

A side note: Nowhere–underscore that–nowhere, does the Bible tell the church to take care of all the poor of the world. I hear people say that the government would not have to get involved in welfare if the church did its duty (Imagine Jesus telling the handful of disciples in Jerusalem they were to go into all the world and meet the physical needs of the billions. He did not do this. Let us give thanks).

3. We forget that loving people and loving the Lord is all about action, not emotion.

When our Lord told us to “love your enemies” in Luke 6:27, He immediately explained that what He’s calling for is action. We are to do good, bless, pray, give, etc. Throughout the Upper Room discourse (John 13-16), Jesus emphasized that whoever loves Him keeps His commands. Words are important, of course, and emotions can be, too. But nothing packs more punch than actions – the works we do. The Lord said, “Whoever hears these words of mine and does them is like one who builds his house on a rock” (Matthew 7:24).

4. We keep forgetting the Lord told us to expect to be treated badly.

“An hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God.” (John 16:2)

God’s people keep expecting to be loved and appreciated by those to whom we minister and then end up getting blindsided by their hostility. We complain, “Why are they treating us this way? All I was doing was helping and blessing. Where is God? What’s wrong?”

Answer: Nothing is wrong. You are right on schedule.

We have forgotten Matthew 10:16-22and similar passages where Jesus warned we would be hated “by all for (His) name’s sake.”

5. We keep forgetting He told us to love our enemies.

This point follows on the heels of the previous ones for good reason. They treat us badly and how are we to react? We are to love them, not nurse our anger, bear grudges or protect our resentment as though we now possess a get-out-of-jail-free card entitling us to despise them.

Anyone who spends even a few minutes on Facebook reading the posts of professing Christians will come away horrified at the hostility some of the Lord’s people express toward other religions, worldly pleasure-lovers, and misguided politicians. Call their hand on it and they will answer, “I do love the sinner but hate the sin.” But everything about their behavior and all their words speaks of hatred and malice, not Christlike behavior. On the cross, dying, even as the tormentors continued their evil work, our Lord said, “Father, forgive them. They know not what they do.”

Let’s get this right, Christian. So much depends on our loving the enemies

6. We forget we are commissioned to throw parties for the undeserving and undesirable.

“When you give a reception (banquet), invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.” (Luke 14:13-14)

These people have our Lord’s heart. They are special to Him. “He who gives to the poor lends to the Lord,” Scripture says in Proverbs. The closer we are to Jesus, the more such ones will matter to us, too. If you haven’t read Tony Campolo’s The Kingdom of God is a Party, then get it and dive in. This man has a way of hitting us between the eyes with the 2 x 4 of God’s love. In my humble opinion, as the saying goes, Tony overstates his case at times, but still, he’s so worth reading.

7. We conveniently forget that “Jesus saves.”

We know He forgives, and we love to sing about it. What we have pushed to the back burner however is the fact that He came to save sinners (see Matthew 1:21 and Luke 2:11 for starters) and that is to be our business too.

We who devote ourselves to feeding the hungry and clothing the naked and so forth, sometimes think we have fulfilled our assignment. Not even close. We fail people when we give them bread but keep silent about the Savior who can meet their true needs, fill their deepest hungers, and heal their greatest hurts.

Luke 5:36-39 presents new wineskins as the Lord’s pattern for His disciples: strong, flexible, faithful, growing, etc.

9. We keep forgetting that the object is not to keep rules.

The object is obedience to the Lord, not slavishly keeping the rules. Many of the Lord’s well-intentioned children miss the fine line between those two.

“The letter of the law kills, the Spirit gives life.” (2 Corinthians 3:6)

Anyone who requires a demonstration of that proof needs only to visit a legalistic church for a few weeks. They will be heartbroken over the way rule-keepers “omit the weightier matters” in order to “tithe mint and dill and cumin” (Matthew 23:23).

While preaching in a church located near a sizeable Amish community, the pastor had stories about the legalistic ways of his neighbors. One man had disinherited his adult sons for buying a car. And yet, he would hire a car and driver to transport him to Nashville where he would board planes to take him all over the world.

To the legalists who were twisting God’s laws into shackles for their neighbors, our Lord said, “Man was not made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath was made for man” (Mark 2:27).

I suspect every church in the land has members (and often leaders) who need constant reminders of this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/10-big-things-jesus-said-that-we-keep-forgetting.html%3famp=1

The rate at which Christian this days wanted there enemy to die by fire by force is something else. There re some prayer point I always ignore as a Christian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by oloyedewaris(m): 8:57am On Mar 28, 2021
I am not supposed to post this here, but pardon me i was tempted to do this

See how Christians threads are peaceful, nobody is diverting away from the topic, everything seemed focused

Come to Muslims thread on Friday and see how Christians will flood the whole place diverting away from the topic of discussion, insulting, abusing and uttering discriminative words to fellow Muslims even in their thread, yet Muslims never pass their boundary

Now nairaland mods create a preventive measure that will stop all these discrimination on this forum by imposing an oath meant for Muslims before commenting. They now start shouting Hypocrisy, if you'd not been disturbing their threads will they try to restrict you.

Please tell me who is the real hypocrite

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by SOPoftoday(m): 9:06am On Mar 28, 2021
budaatum:

Sorry to delude you:
The Word is not God.. the word is a function of God and not God.. before the word there was Holy Spirit and air. If not you won’t have heard a sound .. reason and know your true God

1 Like

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by IJOBA11: 9:07am On Mar 28, 2021
HONESTLY SPEAKING, CHRISTANITY IS NOT A RELIGION ORDAINED BY GOD. IT WAS ORDAINED BY PAUL THE FALSE DISCIPLE OF CHRIST.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by IJOBA11: 9:11am On Mar 28, 2021
SOPoftoday:

Sorry to delude you:
The Word is not God.. the word is a function of God and not God.. before the word there was Holy Spirit and air. If not you won’t have heard a sound .. reason and know your true God
THE PROBLEM WITH THE TRINITARIAN CHRISTIANS IS THAT THEY STARTED WORSHIPING THE CREATION CHRIST INSTEAD OF THE CREATOR GOD embarassed

1 Like

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Kholar211: 9:16am On Mar 28, 2021
To them Muslims bigots that make their useless inscription on my profile just profile just Bcoz I commented on their thread.. I don't know how you are going to do it but you have to take that senselessness out of my profile.

No be Christian thread be this, who make you to make vow before you can comment?

Idiotic fellows.
Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by Truefaith: 9:20am On Mar 28, 2021
The most important thing the Lord Jesus Christ warned people against, and which most have forgotten, is to beware of false prophets and false teachers

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 

Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 
Mat 24:5  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 

Mat 24:11  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yledVK0HQFM

Mat 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting by AntiChristian: 9:25am On Mar 28, 2021
VEXT:

If Muslims behave like Christians,this world will have be a safe place for every one...There will be nothing like killing for Mohammad and terrorism..

Yes, I agree. Consuming fire would have consumed all those who uses Hijab.

CAN would have removed the Hijab from all female Muslims.

That one is not terrorism but persecution!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Jane Watiri: Kenyan Prostitute Turned Pastor & Motivational Speaker / Understanding The Concept of Tithing / About The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.