Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:40 AM

How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? (13084 Views)

Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) / Magnus Ebere Sells Heavenly Subscription Cards To Church Members / Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You only need to engage your mind for a bit to understanding the meaning here. A prophet is one whom God Speaks through. In the New Covenant, everyone who accepts(trusts) and obeys the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ are called Sons of God, Jesus Christ through His Spirit, will abide in and speak through... i.e. they are prophets. undecided
So, there is no such thing as the special office of prophecy and all of that hogwash many like to tell themselves.. there are instead Children of God, all of them, prophets, according to their Father in Heaven. undecided
Your talk gives me headache. Go and read the book of 1corinthians, then come and argue with me.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by ChocolateWine(f): 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
Why Heaven? undecided
Because the Earth is man's kingdom and God's Kingdom is not of this world.undecided
The same science tells you that planets don't live forever. So, I am not certain what you are trying to get at here.
All whom become angels? undecided
Is man taking great care of the earth even now? undecided
Angels maybe, but men are not angels. undecided
[/s]
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nuttella:
Your talk gives me headache. Go and read the book of 1corinthians, then come and argue with me.
Spend some time actually studying the teachings of Jesus Christ, the one who you pretend is your Savior, and maybe you will know where the views expressed in Corinthians belong. undecided
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by solasola(m): 9:10pm On Mar 28, 2021
Its so unfortunate that many do not think about finding answers to this questions.

What work will i do when i go to heaven?

What then happens to the earth if all christians goes to heaven?

Who decides whether I go to heaven?

Can flesh and blood go to heaven?

The truth lies in getting answers to these questions.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by solasola(m): 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
Duplexxx:
Am still asking Who wrote the Bible?

Blackman or Whiteman?

Well simple put. God is the Author of the bible.
He directed imperfect men to write what they wrote.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2021
solasola:
Its so unfortunate that many do not think about finding answers to this questions.
What work will i do when i go to heaven?
What then happens to the earth if all christians goes to heaven?
Who decides whether I go to heaven?
Can flesh and blood go to heaven?
The truth lies in getting answers to these questions.
I know you think these are meaningful questions to ask, but the truth is they are not. Even the dead have no thought for the questions you ask there. undecided
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by DappaD: 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2021
MadamFay:

Sir/Ma, what do you mean by Romans 8:15-17 doesn't apply to the commentators here? You're not implying that Jehovah witnesses are the only heirs of God on earth and the rest are doomed slaves, are you?

Good evening! Romans 8:15-17 is actually applying to the limited number of people who will rule as joint-heirs with Jesus Christ in heaven, of which all the apostles, including Paul, Timothy were part of. Compare 2Timothy 2:12, Revelation 14:1-4
I’m not out to sugar-coat my words neither will I water down the truth for anyone(Luke 16:24), but ask yourself this, if the focus Scripture Romans 8:15-17 is to be applied to different individuals from countless religions—when even within their religions they do not see eye to eye on doctrinal matters—then doesn’t that mean that God is no longer a God of order? 1Corinthians 14:33
And doesn’t that also mean that Ephesians 4:3-5 has been cancelled since there’s so much disunity amongst adherents of the same church and that “faith” is no more ONE as that Scripture suggests?
I never said that anyone was doomed. What most people think is that “heaven” is some reward and “hellfire” is punishment but those are just contrived stories with no basis in the Scriptures. Unless you can establish that ANY and I mean ANY person from the Old Testament was promised to go to “heaven” because of his righteousness? Compare Acts 2:34
According to Psalm 115:16, the heavens belong to God and his angels while the earth God has given to all of us to explore and inhabit. Compare Isaiah 45:18
Even Jesus Christ himself when beginning the Sermon on the Mount did not agree that every righteous person would go to heaven(Matthew 5:5) because he was actually quoting from Psalm 37:11&29

#This last note isn't addressed to you# It's pathetic how we've allowed religion to turn us into conceited self-righteous folks, complicating a simple gospel of God's love that should be a lifestyle and not a 'church' or 'Assembly' thing we do religiously.
All this stuff on this thread, arguments about whether the earth will last or not, or if people will go to heaven or remain here are reasons some folks got confused at the division and hence left the faith.

What you’re saying is not actually palatable in a real sense because Jesus and the Pharisees in his day, never saw eye-to-eye and the book of John chapter 8 is the very testimony to that since a long feud was ensuing between he and those Jewish religious leaders. That’s why to avoid the confusion, Jesus himself advised that we examine the results/fruits of each religion/individual claiming “Christian” to know if they are truly teaching the truth because a rotten foundation can never produce fine results and that’s basic knowledge and facts(Matthew 7:16-20) because the Pharisees and Sadducees accused Jesus of so many things yet Jesus was not bothered by the baseless accusations, instead he made a profounding statement at Matthew 11:19/Luke 7:35:
“All the same, (pure/godly) wisdom will be proved righteous/vindicated by her works/results.”
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by jcross19: 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Funny, Jesus Christ declared that He alone is the GOOD shepherd. So what does that tell you of every other person out there claiming to be a shepherd? They are definitely not GOOD i.e. bad.

John the Baptist was not a shepherd... He was a prophet called according to the Old Covenant.
Jesus Christ made it clear that He did not call His disciples to be shepherds but instead as Fishers of men, and the labourers who are called to work in His Vineyard, are called, not as Shepherds but as Fishers of men/workers. So, I am not sure where your idea to call them shepherds come from since it does not come from Jesus Christ. undecided
you lack simple Bible understanding.... Get a theology dictionary then the meaning of Shepherd and pastor you can understand better....there is a reason God always choose Shepherd to leads His people, moses was a Shepherd, Jacob was a Shepherr ,David too and do you know why God made moses to retained that stick (staff) in his hand? Now listen in bible code of words any man leader that's ordained by God to lead the Israelites are called Shepherd because God sees His people as sheep or flocks.....
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2021
jcross19:
you lack simple Bible understanding.... Get a theology dictionary then the meaning of Shepherd and pastor you can understand better....there is a reason God always choose Shepherd to leads His people, moses was a Shepherd, Jacob was a Shepherr ,David too and do you know why God made moses to retained that stick (staff) in his hand? Now listen in bible code of words any man leader that's ordained by God to lead the Israelites are called Shepherd because God sees His people as sheep or flocks.....
First of all, when Jesus Christ brought His teachings to His disciples, many of them uneducated, He didn't employ the expertise of your theologians or even their dictionary. In fact, Jesus Christ warned them to stay clear of the Leaven of the theologians instead. So, in obedience, I will stay away from such too. undecided

Now, again, Jesus Christ never set His followers up as shepherds over His sheep. He made this clear to them when He declared to them that He alone is the Good Shepherd, implying that every other shepherd is a fraud. The same called His disciples, not as shepherds but instead as fishers of men, and He sent them out as exactly that... to take His very teachings, just as He taught it to them, to those in the world.undecided

Now, what we follow is that which our one and only Teacher taught us, and nowhere in His teachings/commandments does He allow anyone to usurp His seat or occupy the same place which He does in the lives of His followers, pray to tell, what in the world are you going on and on about?undecided
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
DappaD:

Good evening! Romans 8:15-17 is actually applying to the limited number of people who will rule as joint-heirs with Jesus Christ in heaven, of which all the apostles, including Paul, Timothy were part of. Compare 2Timothy 2:12, Revelation 14:1-4
I’m not out to sugar-coat my words neither will I water down the truth for anyone(Luke 16:24), but ask yourself this, if the focus Scripture Romans 8:15-17 is to be applied to different individuals from countless religions—when even within their religions they do not see eye to eye on doctrinal matters—then doesn’t that mean that God is no longer a God of order? 1Corinthians 14:33
And doesn’t that also mean that Ephesians 4:3-5 has been cancelled since there’s so much disunity amongst adherents of the same church and that “faith” is no more ONE as that Scripture suggests?
I never said that anyone was doomed. What most people think is that “heaven” is some reward and “hellfire” is punishment but those are just contrived stories with no basis in the Scriptures. Unless you can establish that ANY and I mean ANY person from the Old Testament was promised to go to “heaven” because of his righteousness? Compare Acts 2:34
According to Psalm 115:16, the heavens belong to God and his angels while the earth God has given to all of us to explore and inhabit. Compare Isaiah 45:18
Even Jesus Christ himself when beginning the Sermon on the Mount did not agree that every righteous person would go to heaven(Matthew 5:5) because he was actually quoting from Psalm 37:11&29

What you’re saying is not actually palatable in a real sense because Jesus and the Pharisees in his day, never saw eye-to-eye and the book of John chapter 8 is the very testimony to that since a long feud was ensuing between he and those Jewish religious leaders. That’s why to avoid the confusion, Jesus himself advised that we examine the results/fruits of each religion/individual claiming “Christian” to know if they are truly teaching the truth because a rotten foundation can never produce fine results and that’s basic knowledge and facts(Matthew 7:16-20) because the Pharisees and Sadducees accused Jesus of so many things yet Jesus was not bothered by the baseless accusations, instead he made a profounding statement at Matthew 11:19/Luke 7:35:
“All the same, (pure/godly) wisdom will be proved righteous/vindicated by her works/results.”

Thank you for answering the question. I have no desire to argue about these endless theological positions, it gives me headache. I'm going to bed.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by jcross19: 9:52pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
First of all, when Jesus Christ brought His teachings to His disciples, many of them uneducated, He didn't employ the expertise of your theologians or even their dictionary. In fact, Jesus Christ warned them to stay clear of the Leaven of the theologians instead. So, in obedience, I will stay away from such too. undecided

Now, again, Jesus Christ never set His followers up as shepherds over His sheep. He made this clear to them when He declared to them that He alone is the Good Shepherd, implying that every other shepherd is a fraud. The same called His disciples, not as shepherds but instead as fishers of men, and He sent them out as exactly that... to take His very teachings, just as He taught it to them, to those in the world.undecided

Now, what we follow is that which our one and only Teacher taught us, and nowhere in His teachings/commandments does He allow anyone to usurp His seat or occupy the same place which He does in the lives of His followers, pray to tell, what in the world are you going on and on about?undecided
ahahahahahahaha I laugh in the bible you will see where Paul talk about Bishop, bishop mean pastor mean Shepherd..... Now Jesus said He is a good Shepherd because he was sent for a lost sheep, now he has ordained some people continue where He stopped as Shepherd... Even Jesus top is a "Fisher of men" this is just a figure of speech.
The fish mean the soul , the water there mean the world... The way God ordained David the same way He ordained some peoples to Carry out some specific task.
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Maximus85(m): 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Every person who believes in Jesus Christ has a "heavenly calling".. God does not want any of them to end up in Hell. So regardless of your opinions of Paul's message, the Truth of Jesus Christ is that ALL who believe in Him are qualified to, by accepting (trusting ) and obeying His commandments, become Sons of God.

Every single person who does what Jesus Christ commands will receive His Spirit and be given a place in Heaven. undecided

So who are the 12 tribes of Israel those anointed ones are going to rule on?
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
jcross19:
ahahahahahahaha I laugh in the bible you will see where Paul talk about Bishop, bishop mean pastor mean Shepherd..... Now Jesus said He is a good Shepherd because he was sent for a lost sheep, now he has ordained some people continue where He stopped as Shepherd... Even Jesus top is a "Fisher of men" this is just a figure of speech.
The fish mean the soul , the water there mean the world... The way God ordained David the same way He ordained some peoples to Carry out some specific task.
What? shocked
Anyways, according to Jesus Christ, He is the Good Shepherd, and He called/ordained His disciples as fishers of men. He sent the same fishers of men into the world to teach the world His Gospel of the Kingdom of God, which He taught them. undecided
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by DappaD: 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2021
MadamFay:

Thank you for answering the question. I have no desire to argue about these endless theological positions, it gives me headache. I'm going to bed.

You quoted me in the first place, so expect me to defend my faith since you demanded a reply from me. 1Peter 3:15
Re: How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? by Deandean: 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2021
slimchimex:

Most people claimed to be called by God just business purpose.
The call mentioned by apostle Paul is with regards to those who have the heavenly hope to rule with Christ in heaven.
i dont even understand your objective for doing this, you just raised unnecessary controversy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidential Inauguration Interdenominational Service (video) / The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / How Do You Feel When You Don't Have Offering To Give In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.