Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,692 members, 7,805,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt (2454 Views)

Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) / How Much Cargo Can The Largest Shipping Container Ship Really Hold? / Tony Elumelu Visits The Pyramids In Egypt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Explorers(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2021
A satellite image taken above the Red Sea have revealed the true extent of the traffic jam building up behind the cargo ship that has lodged itself in the Suez Canal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9409807/Now-321-ships-held-queue-Suez-canal-remains-blocked.html

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Explorers(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2021
This image shows the extent of surrounding settlements compared to the size of the ship giving a sense of the scale of the problem now facing rescuers.

Analysts say an estimated £290million worth of trade is being held up every hour the ship remains wedged across the canal

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Righteousness2(m): 8:44am On Mar 28, 2021
Analysts say an estimated £290million worth of trade is being held up every hour the ship remains wedged across the canal

There is more to this "Suez Canal" ship than meets the ordinary Eyes.

The ship being held up there does not affect Just Egypt. It affects almost all Nations in the world.
I Perceive a Power tussle btw certain World Powers, But what is more important is that all the pieces are Falling in place according to Biblical Endtimes Prophecies.

Don't be Suprised if a Kind of huge war breaks out because of that ship.
Something Huge is about to Happen! What it is , I can't say!
What is Most Important is for the wise to stay Ready because anytime! Anyday! JESUS will Snatch all who are Prepared Worldwide out of this Wicked earth.

1 Like

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Soolmus: 8:46am On Mar 28, 2021
undecided
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by LMS1(m): 8:48am On Mar 28, 2021
Jowo Dont Mind That Prophet Above Me.
I Orderd For HB Pencil And Eraser From Amazon.Com Since Last Year And They Are Yet To Deliver It.
Maybe It Is In That Brown Container By The Left.
I Dont Even Know Why The Sailor Went And Pass That Route When There Is Shortcut In River Nile.
And My Aptitude Test Was Yesterday I Had To Use A Crayon To Draw! grin

3 Likes

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Explorers(m): 8:48am On Mar 28, 2021
Concerns for animals over fears food and water supplies may run out for livestock on board.

Ships are anchored outside the Suez Canal in Ismailia, Egypt, wait to be able to pass through the canal after it was blocked

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Bigflamie(m): 8:48am On Mar 28, 2021
Righteousness2:
There is more to this Ship than meets the ordinary Eyes.

Your problem isn't ordinary. You need help ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Explorers(m): 8:51am On Mar 28, 2021
Images reveals how a suction dredging ship has been brought in to work at the front of the vessel removing sand and mud from around the bow (left) in an attempt to free it.

Osama Rabie, Chairman of the Suez Canal Authority, monitors the situation near the stranded container ship Ever Given, after it ran aground.

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by LMS1(m): 8:53am On Mar 28, 2021
But This Ship Big O.
Imagine Me Owning This Ship And All The Containers In It;
Mhen! I Will Buy Lekki Toll Gate From Tinubu.
Then Buy V.I From L.A.S.G
Then Buy Nnewi From Anambra.
Then Buy All The Oil Wells In Bayelsa, Rivers, AKS, Etc,
I Will Make Sure I Buy Every Vital Places In Nigeria Except Borno State.
Am Just Kidding O grin
My Money Sef For Nor Reach,
I For Just Dey Play 2 Odds Everyday grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Righteousness2(m): 8:56am On Mar 28, 2021
Bigflamie:

Your problem isn't ordinary. You need help ASAP.

Wisdom is too HIGH for a Fool
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Explorers(m): 8:57am On Mar 28, 2021
The only alternative is to sail around Africa which will take a week but shipping firms have called US Navy for help again pirate as over 300 vessel are in traffic and increasing.

The boss of a salvage firm has revealed his masterplan to clear the huge tanker blocking the Suez canal using two large tugboats to tow the ship to safety.

Peter Berdowski (right), CEO of Boskalis, the salvage firm hired to extract the Ever Given, has since said that said the company hoped to pull the container ship free within days using a combination of heavy tugboats, dredging and high tides.

Berdowski said two large tugboats were on their way to the canal and are expected to arrive over the weekend. He said the company aims to harness the power of the tugs, dredging and tides, which he said are expected to be up to 50 centimeters (20 inches) higher Saturday.

'The combination of the (tug) boats we will have there, more ground dredged away and the high tide, we hope that will be enough to get the ship free somewhere early next week,' he said. If that doesn't work, the company will remove hundreds of containers from the front of the ship to lighten it, effectively lifting the ship to make it easier to pull free, Berdowski said.

A crane was already on its way that can lift the containers off the ship, he said.

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by ruggedtimi(m): 8:57am On Mar 28, 2021
Just imagine the economic bum of the surrounding town right now.
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by obiekunie2: 9:08am On Mar 28, 2021
oboy!! no be small workoo!

THATS LIKE DIGGING A FULL LENGHT OF ELECTRIC POLE AND HALF! shocked shocked
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by majamajic(m): 9:10am On Mar 28, 2021
Na to go turn for South Africa be that

They should trans load

2 Likes

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by rottable(m): 9:31am On Mar 28, 2021
Proactive measure should be taken ASAP. The pirate around will see it as an easy target
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by LMS1(m): 9:39am On Mar 28, 2021
Fun Notes:
If This Happend In Nigeria:
First Area Boys Would Gather Demanding For Security Fees.
Then LASTMA Or Police Or FRSC Would Arrive Presenting The Sailor With Fine Slip With These Questions;
"oga Why You Carry Your Ship Block Road?"
"you Tink Say Na Only You Get Ship?"
"You Been Drink For Steering?"
"You Sure Say U Get Driving License So?"...
Then Custom Will Land The Next Day Offloading All The Containers In The Ship In Search Of Smuggled Drugs, Rice And Other Contraband Items.
Then Lie Mohammed Will Be On National Television The Fourth Day Telling Us "Pls Do Not Panic, The Senate Has Already Passed A Bill To The President To Build A Second Canal In River Benue And Work Will Commense There By Next Thursday.
Then Nnamdi Kanu Will Mock Nigeria For Not Having A Standard Canal For Ships.
Then Rightousness Will Come To Nairaland To Preach Repentance Because The Ship Had Contact With Marine Spirits.
Then Nollywood Will Make A Movie About That Ship And All The Container Will Belong To Shina Rambo. Lwkmd grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Explorers(m): 10:35am On Mar 28, 2021
rottable:
Proactive measure should be taken ASAP. The pirate around will see it as an easy target

They called US Navy already.
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by obonujoker(m): 10:51am On Mar 28, 2021
Righteousness2:

Wisdom is too HIGH for a Fool

You need to watch yourself and what you say..

And you mustn't also comment on every post on this forum....

1 Like

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by LMS1(m): 11:00am On Mar 28, 2021
obonujoker:

I Tire o! Because Na Internet Forum For Nigerians Pastors Go Follow Open Their Branch For Here grin
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Righteousness2(m): 11:00am On Mar 28, 2021
obonujoker:

This is what Happens when you hit the devil up, down and below the belt.
When he can't take it anymore! He enters into any available instrument to voice out..

Hahahahaha....
Ekwensu get Lost!
Get the Behind me Satan! I know all your tricks!
Hahahaha hahahaha

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by LMS1(m): 11:02am On Mar 28, 2021
You Guys Are Damn Funny! grin

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by obonujoker(m): 11:04am On Mar 28, 2021
Righteousness2:

This is what Happens when you hit the devil up, down and below the belt.
When he can't take it anymore! He enters into any available instrument to voice out..

Hahahahaha....
Ekwensu get Lost!
Get the Behind me Satan! I know all your tricks!
Hahahaha hahahaha

1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

If you don't stop commenting anyhow and stop conspiracy theories, people will think you are a joke.

Respect yourself
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Righteousness2(m): 11:07am On Mar 28, 2021
obonujoker:

1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

If you don't stop commenting anyhow and stop conspiracy theories, people will think you are a joke.

Respect yourself

Ekwensu ! Get Lost!
I know you have entered this young soul!
I am too Loaded to be Coerced / Deceived
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by timay(m): 11:07am On Mar 28, 2021
Explorers:

They called US Navy already.

It doesn't stop anything. How many of them will Navy ship monitor at the same time. Las las, Pirate go still collect their own share along the way.
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by qualityovenbake(m): 11:10am On Mar 28, 2021
£290m per hour flushing down the drain. shocked
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by LMS1(m): 11:10am On Mar 28, 2021
timay:

It doesn't stop anything. How many of them will Navy ship monitor at the same time. Las las, Pirate go still collect their own share along the way.
Trust Me That Is Not Niger Delta Bro
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by timay(m): 11:14am On Mar 28, 2021
LMS1:
Trust Me That Is Not Niger Delta Bro
You think it's easy to police an entire sea?
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by Explorers(m): 11:53am On Mar 28, 2021
timay:

Lol...... Pirates won't dare when it comes to Military gunships or destroyers.

As it is now, any unidentified vessel/boat that's not oil tanker, container ship, that's not of Military or government without clearance spotted 5km - 10km from the queued vessels will be questioned/detained or receive firepower.

1 Like

Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by eddy42(m): 11:58am On Mar 28, 2021
How do you post on every thread and yet does not know how to politely enlighten people who don't agree with you.

Just How??
Re: Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt by SniperSmurf(m): 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
Explorers:

Lol...... Pirates won't dare when it comes to Military gunships or destroyers.
I agree. Due to the massive amount of money being lost/delayed the eyes of the world are on that ship right now. Any pirate vessel will be immediately spotted and dealt with in that whole area.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Home/office Delivery Services For Nigeria Eateries/restaurants / Business Ideas Needed ASAP / Help!!! UBA Is Defrauding Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.