Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,241 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) (39336 Views)

07/07: Police Commissioner Warns Cultists To Steer Clear Of Lagos. / Sterling Bank Staff Accused Of Sexually Harassing 3 Ladies On The Same Night / Man Beheads His Uncle In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by supercase1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 28, 2021
GiftedTitty:
I once sang the song "I want to be a doctor" thank God i japa, just seeing that wound for real is enough to make me throw up, not to talk of touching it.....eheeeew
Abi u didn't pass jamb cut off mark cool cool cool
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nanavati(m): 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
abc115:
Akwa Ibom and their witches and wizards accusations

are you done displaying the emptiness of your brain?

Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by BOTTOMCRACKER(m): 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

We all know what happened. In the usual habit of the supposed 'victim' to intimidate the staff like they always do, he met his match.

We've seen victims unleash their dogs on staff, go naked before female staff, attacked some while still on the ladder and many more but many if you laugh it all off as if it's comedy.

The said "victim in frustration held his ladder" and did something stupid that we will eventually find out when we hear the other side of the story.
This happened in my village, and I'm very well informed about this issue.
Sunny(the victim) is not an Akwaibomite, but a perfect gentleman I must confess.
Just pray you don't run into the hands similar demons like Leo and his boys( Tony Eyo, Ayanime, kufre, and others).
I was unjustly disconnected on that same day(Thursday March 25th), I had to go and disconnect one of them(Tony Eyo) also that evening.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Pinkybush: 3:05am On Mar 29, 2021
Such nonsense cannot, I repeat CANNOT happen in the part of Akwa Ibom I come from. We would burn that phed marketer, their vehicle and his cultists gang alive.
Go and google ESIT URUA.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Valkrie: 4:09am On Mar 29, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

We all know what happened. In the usual habit of the supposed 'victim' to intimidate the staff like they always do, he met his match.

We've seen victims unleash their dogs on staff, go naked before female staff, attacked some while still on the ladder and many more but many if you laugh it all off as if it's comedy.

The said "victim in frustration held his ladder" and did something stupid that we will eventually find out when we hear the other side of the story.

Why won't they attack Nepa/powerholding people, you people give 3-5hours light daily and charge services for 24hrs and expect people to pay for your scam...provide pay as you go meter nah wahala for una...Nepa and power holding people just scamming Nigerians..!!
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:05am On Mar 29, 2021
Estimated billing is evil and must be stopped immediately.

Prepaid solves most of ur problem
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 29, 2021
Valkrie:

Why won't they attack Nepa/powerholding people, you people give 3-5hours light daily and charge services for 24hrs and expect people to pay for your scam...provide pay as you go meter nah wahala for una...Nepa and power holding people just scamming Nigerians..!!
Lol... If you get just 3 hours, why not let them disconnect you completely? After all, it's has now become useless to you. Abi which kind Wahala come be this self?

If you sell a service and people say it's expensive, should they beat your staff because they can't afford?

At the end, you're only beating your brothers from another mother who's instructed to meet a target or stand the risk of losing his job.

1 Like

Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Valkrie: 6:16am On Mar 29, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

Lol... If you get just 3 hours, why not let them disconnect you completely? After all, it's has now become useless to you. Abi which kind Wahala come be this self?

If you sell a service and people say it's expensive, should they beat your staff because they can't afford?

At the end, you're only beating your brothers from another mother who's instructed to meet a target or stand the risk of losing his job.

Oga..people can afford the service it's the criminality in it that is causing the trouble..!! More so if there are alternative power providers you think people would subscribe to power holding company and their thieving character?

1 Like

Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Valkrie: 6:18am On Mar 29, 2021
OrdinaryNigeria:
Estimated billing is evil and must be stopped immediately.

Prepaid solves most of ur problem

That's why they are fighting against bringing out the prepaid metwr..imagine asking people to pay for prepaid meter and yet at the end still a property of power holding company...which kind open stealing be dat?
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 29, 2021
Valkrie:

Oga..people can afford the service it's the criminality in it that is causing the trouble..!! More so if there are alternative power providers you think people would subscribe to power holding company and their thieving character?
Oga, free me. And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. If you like, don't pay your bills and go about attacking officials on duty. One day, you'll meet the likes of this guy who would treat your Bleep up.

1 Like

Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by saintneo(m): 8:20am On Mar 29, 2021
JusticeForKazah:
A PHED marketing Staff by name Leo Edet working at the Itam Substation located at Mbak itam 3 has reportedly brutalised a customer by name Sunday Kazah who resides at Trinity Estate in Mbak Itam 3.

Legitimate information gotten reveals that on Thursday the 25th of March 2021, Leo Edet, the marketing Staff with the mbak itam 3 substation office went for electricity disconnection in the Mbak Itam axis and finally ended in Trinity estate where he ordered his boys to disconnect electricity cables for residents who hadn't paid their bills. During the process, the victims cable was disconnected. When the victim, Sunday Kazah noticed that electricity in his apartment had been terminated, he confronted the PHED staff with his Phed receipt showing that he had paid half of the estimated bill issued to him. The Marketer, Leo Edet confirmed in the affirmative that he had paid half the estimated bill, but that he would still go ahead with the disconnection because he was given a target by his superiors.

The only option he gave for power to be reconnected was for the victim to pay the full balance of the estimated bill. When the victim protested that he had paid half his bill and would pay the balance later, the Marketer then ordered for his men to leave. The victim then proceeded to tell the Marketer he was not comfortable with the decision and begged them to reconnect his light.

After much persuasion which was ignored, the victim in frustration held the ladder and asked for his light to be reconnected. Leo Edet then ordered his men to leave and started making calls. Trouble started when after 30 minutes, Leo Edet the Marketer resurfaced back with a PHED Hilux vehicle filled with cultists to Trinity Estate. When they saw the victim Sunday Kazah, they all jumped out of the moving Hilux vehicle and pounced on him hitting and clubbing him with dangerous weapons. At the end, the victim was left brutalised and wounded and his electricity cables were cut off and taken away. The victim later proceeded to their substation office to lay his complaint and he was told that he would be paid a visit by the Head Manager of the substation office Solomon Iheanacho. As of the time of this report, the victim is still nursing his wounds while the Head Manager and staff of PHED have left him to face his fate. We ask that justice be met for Sunday Kazah and the assailants and pepetrators of this ignoble act be brought to book.

Cc:
@PHEDconnect
@NhrcNigeria
@PoliceNG

This is Mr Sunday's side of the story. Let's hear Mr Leo's side and the true version.

Until you have walked in the shoes of utility staff please do not judge.

1 Like

Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by bizzibodi(m): 8:37am On Mar 29, 2021
Subsidybad21:

It is partly because of people who don't pay their bills in full, or don't pay at all, that the DISCOS don't have enough money to give us light 24/7 in the first place...and also put pressure on those of us who pay DISCO bills regularly.

If you ran a business where people don't pay their bills in full, or where people paid half of what they owed you, and refused to pay the rest, would you let them off, since they are 'poor'.? I doubt you would.
That is a big lie, quality service b4 payment,after government have gvn them take off grants from tax payers money.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 29, 2021
bizzibodi:

That is a big lie, quality service b4 payment,after government have gvn them take off grants from tax payers money.

So, you support people not paying for services in full or at all if 'it is not good enough'

We all paid for poor service by the GSM companies in the early days of their operation in Nigeria. And they were very expesnive then. But they then took the profits they made and used them to build the strong IT structure we have today.

The power sector has been bad because of two reasons 1) They are forced by law to sell power at a loss. 2) Many people don't pay for the power they recieve.

So how do you expect them to make things better if we all refuse to 'pay for power' because poor service? Th]ey can't even get loans to make things better because they are considered a high risk business because poor service.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Viicfuntop(f): 9:31am On Mar 29, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

I'm not surprised you allege me to be a NEPA staff. When you see a superior argument, you start making stupid and baseless claims.

For your information, I use Prepaid meter. I pay my bills as and when due. If I don't pay, I can't begin to threaten my meter or start beating it up. That you're used to attacking officers shouldn't make you see others in that fashion.

If you owe, simply pay. If you feel you're not getting value for your money, simply discount. If you get estimated bills higher than what you feel you've used, get a meter. How are these simple things hard?

Can you work for someone and be taking half payment monthly, the rest of which you're likely never to get with that arrangement?

Excuse me, superior argument? I dont understand. What exactly in your initial comment makes that “superior”? Are you trying to say you supporting the staff is a superior argument because I’m perplexed.
You support what the animal did to that man. You know when the animal disconnected the debtor’s line and the debtor became stubborn about it by holding on to the ladder, the boys he hired, you know they could have just removed him from the ladder without having to beat him and worse, inflict such machete wound.
Somehow, you thiink you have made a superior argument but it still sounds stupid to me. Sorry

Lol, I didn’t even see the part of me attacking phcn people. You are a big goat. Lol
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
Viicfuntop:

Excuse me, superior argument? I dont understand. What exactly in your initial comment makes that “superior”? Are you trying to say you supporting the staff is a superior argument because I’m perplexed.
You support what the animal did to that man. You know when the animal disconnected the debtor’s line and the debtor became stubborn about it by holding on to the ladder, the boys he hired, you know they could have just removed him from the ladder without having to beat him and worse, inflict such machete wound.
Somehow, you thiink you have made a superior argument but it still sounds stupid to me. Sorry

Lol, I didn’t even see the part of me attacking phcn people. You are a big goat. Lol
Your father is a big goat. You initially tried to blackmail with the "you're a PHED officials" line and I portrayed your hypocrisy to the world by saying you never had any argument.

I did not support the act but equally would not support struggling with officials and their ladder in the process of doing their work. The entire stuff could have been avoided but I don't expect you to reason in that fashion.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Viicfuntop(f): 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

Your father is a big goat. You initially tried to blackmail with the "you're a PHED officials" line and I portrayed your hypocrisy to the world by saying you never had any argument.

I did not support the act but equally would not support struggling with officials and their ladder in the process of doing their work. The entire stuff could have been avoided but I don't expect you to reason in that fashion.

Ode, I didn’t insult your parents. Having a prepaid meter is probably the best thing that has ever happened to you. Asshole. Prepaid meter ambassador.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 29, 2021
Viicfuntop:

Ode, I didn’t insult your parents. Having a prepaid meter is probably the best thing that has ever happened to you. Asshole. Prepaid meter ambassador.
You don't have to, stupid slowpoke. I will send you a message for your parents back home if you don't address me objectively. It's the least I can do.

Apparently, nothing good has ever happened to you. If not, you wouldn't adore a prepaid meter to consider it a "best thing."

I should apologize. I shouldn't have been harsh on you. When you have a prepaid meter, that best thing as it appears to you, peace of mind from DISCO, and perhaps, you can also pay your bills, then be free to mention me again.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Viicfuntop(f): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

You don't have to, stupid slowpoke. I will send you a message for your parents back home if you don't address me objectively. It's the least I can do.

Apparently, nothing good has ever happened to you. If not, you wouldn't adore a prepaid meter to consider it a "best thing."

I should apologize. I shouldn't have been harsh on you. When you have a prepaid meter, that best thing as it appears to you, peace of mind from DISCO, and perhaps, you can also pay your bills, then be free to mention me again.

See how you are jumping up and down because of prepaid meter. Why are you so excited? I just realized it. My initial comment was on the assault but you brought in prepaid meter. Why are you so excited because you have one? How did this conversation get to prepaid meter. Your mother is a slowpoke. She gave birth to a son excited about prepaid meter. I mean you have mentioned it like 100 times. Enjoy your prepaid meter. I think you know some households in Nigeria, pay for a fixed amount for electricity every month because light never goes.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nwakannaya1: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2021
ThreeBlackBird:

Did you listen to yourself?

You should not disconnect the power of someone who made part payment because he's what? What nonsense is this? Who made this law? Who would want to make full payment if they know they can pay half and get away with the rest? You've enjoyed the privilege to the extent that you've now made it a right.

Why not ask your prepared meter to keep working when you run out of subscription?

You should actually be the one to listen to yourself.

There is no where in Nigeria that power supply is disconnected for part payment unless it has become a norm, there are people whose accumulated bills amount to 1m but they still pay less than their monthly charge and their power supply is not disconnected. I use prepaid, if I recharge 4k it lasts over a month and I make use of power consuming gadgets, I can even choose to recharge 1k or 500naira, when I'm absent, I turn off everything, sometimes the period I spend at home within one week I won't even see light, I run generator.

Someone who made part payment should be able to get a grace that should be covered by part payment, at least for 2weeks his power supply should still be intact. Postpaid is at the end of the month, if he was able to pay half of it, he should practically get two weeks grace to complete it one month. Nobody gets away with bills!!! Not in Nigeria!!!

When you are out of subscription in prepaid, you can pay less than the amount you consume monthly and it would be working.

I have no issues with the disconnection of the supply of those that didn't pay at all, but someone who paid about 50% of the bill should be left for a period of time.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nwakannaya1: 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2021
Subsidybad21:

Right, so if you were running a business and everyone of your customers paid you half the cost of what you were selling...eg you sell rice, and instead of the N20000 per 50kg bag of rice, everyone paid 10000 naira....by your analogy, you would forgive them, since they are poor, and accept they can only pay 10000 out of the 20000

Funny enough I am in the line of business where you make part payment and get full value of the product which you would later complete the payment after reselling.

Even if the man did not pay complete, he should value for what he paid for. If you can't give them 50kg of rice for 10k, you should at least give them 25kg.

Paying at a later date does not imply they can't pay but they can't pay complete at the moment and there is nothing wrong with that!!!
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 29, 2021
Nwakannaya1:

Funny enough I am in the line of business where you make part payment and get full value of the product which you would later complete the payment after reselling.

Even if the man did not pay complete, he should value for what he paid for. If you can't give them 50kg of rice for 10k, you should at least give them 25kg.

Paying at a later date does not imply they can't pay but they can't pay complete at the moment and there is nothing wrong with that!!!

Well the power sector is in a bad way because for decades many people have not been paying their bills at all.

Such defaulters are a big part of the reason why we cannot have light 24/7.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2021
Nwakannaya1:

You should actually be the one to listen to yourself.

There is no where in Nigeria that power supply is disconnected for part payment unless it has become a norm, there are people whose accumulated bills amount to 1m but they still pay less than their monthly charge and their power supply is not disconnected. I use prepaid, if I recharge 4k it lasts over a month and I make use of power consuming gadgets, I can even choose to recharge 1k or 500naira, when I'm absent, I turn off everything, sometimes the period I spend at home within one week I won't even see light, I run generator.

Someone who made part payment should be able to get a grace that should be covered by part payment, at least for 2weeks his power supply should still be intact. Postpaid is at the end of the month, if he was able to pay half of it, he should practically get two weeks grace to complete it one month. Nobody gets away with bills!!! Not in Nigeria!!!

When you are out of subscription in prepaid, you can pay less than the amount you consume monthly and it would be working.

I have no issues with the disconnection of the supply of those that didn't pay at all, but someone who paid about 50% of the bill should be left for a period of time.

If you think DISCOs operate the way NEPA used to do, you'll be in for a rude shock. Since privatization, there is usually a target to recover a large percentage of debt. Some staff would be nice to tell you they have been placed on a target. Others simply wouldn't bother.

If you indeed use prepared, you should know also that apart from your subscription, if you had outstanding bills, you must pay part of it. You would, in fact, have to make, at least, a fixed minimum payment to clear up your bills. It's not business.

There is no written or unwritten law anywhere that gives you the right to power with half payment. It's a privilege you enjoy at the discretion of the staff and, perhaps, management of the your energy provider.

If you're then threatened with disconnection and you go about struggling with the ladder or staff, the long arm of the law should reach you.

When you enjoy certain privileges for long, you take as a right.

BTW, what the staff did is condemnable and Nigerians should stop putting these staff position to unleash their own beasts too.

2 Likes

Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Slimsly100(f): 11:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
friday2011:
The medical staff wey stitch that wound no get handwriting ooo... The flesh na jeans material?

My brother!!! shocked shocked shocked
You see am so abi
I just Taya.
Àbí na roadside chemist man suture an sef

2 Likes

Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Gabrielcty(m): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2021
A man identified as a staff of PHED  has raised alarm over threat  to his life by a customer. The Customer whose neighbour was an eyewitness to the false story put out on social media, has recounted her experience with with what transpired between her neighbor, Sunday Kazah and a PHED staff.

According to her, the staff of the Distribution Company, PHED had visited the premises of the customer at Itam 3 in Akwa Ibom State came to carry out his legal duty in that area when Mr Sunday Kazah came out with a machete threatening to kill anyone who would attempt to disconnect him, that he had paid his bill. The PHED staff collecting the bill was really terrified but however explained that the company’s policy is for him to pay atleast 70% of the money he is owing. This infuriated Mr Kazah who immediately ceased the ladder that the staff was working with, shouting and wielding the machete screaming that he is ready to kill anyone who tries to disconnect his line.

The staff tried explaining to Kazah that his property has a debt of N311,668 but if he can at least pay the current charge of 8,000 his service line would not be disconnected yet Kazah was still reluctant about releasing the ladder. The staff quickly called other staff  who came to the place of the incident in minutes with but Kazah wouldn't let go of the machete and in cause of the back and forth for Kazah to drop the machete,he was cut on the leg. It was a rather unfortunate incident.

I know that there people that really hate PHED people just like police, sometimes they even physically harm them but when I saw the one-sided nature of the story on nairaland and instablog,I decided to speak up. Infact it was the PHED staff that took Kazah to the hospital for treatment even when it was kazah that tried to hurt him. I didn't see any cultist as was said in the story. I was there, I saw everything.”

2 Likes

Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Gabrielctyr(f): 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2021
Lol this story sounds so fake ehh, How will you tell me that PHED people now carry cutlass everywhere to matchet people and after which they would take them to hospital.. make una try dey cook lie well before una spread am mtcheew

1 Like

Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by valli8: 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Lol, the PHED man matchet you still come carry you go the hospital. You no even report to police or community boys or even una chief na online you come report to.. My guy ehh, There is something you are not telling us... wink wink
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by bizzibodi(m): 9:38am On Mar 31, 2021
Subsidybad21:

So, you support people not paying for services in full or at all if 'it is not good enough'

We all paid for poor service by the GSM companies in the early days of their operation in Nigeria. And they were very expesnive then. But they then took the profits they made and used them to build the strong IT structure we have today.

The power sector has been bad because of two reasons 1) They are forced by law to sell power at a loss. 2) Many people don't pay for the power they recieve.

So how do you expect them to make things better if we all refuse to 'pay for power' because poor service? Th]ey can't even get loans to make things better because they are considered a high risk business because poor service.
GSM was expensive on inception but less than 5yrs they gives out free Sim cards b/c those coys knows how to do bizness...they dnt chase customers to pay for services they deployed prepaid services,they came with their own capital,equipment & expertise & hit d ground running but for phcn for 12yrs they are still jouncing.we are yet to see new transformers deployed to all their arrears of bizness nor see affordable prepaid Meters deployed to their customers
to enable accurate metering of power consumption.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
bizzibodi:

GSM was expensive on inception but less than 5yrs they gives out free Sim cards b/c those coys knows how to do bizness...they dnt chase customers to pay for services they deployed prepaid services,they came with their own capital,equipment & expertise & hit d ground running but for phcn for 12yrs they are still jouncing.we are yet to see new transformers deployed to all their arrears of bizness nor see affordable prepaid Meters deployed to their customers
to enable accurate metering of power consumption.

But the thing is GSM companies were able to make a lot of money because

1. They were expensive

2. You cannot use a GSM phone without loading it.

Whereas power suffers from

1. People using power without paying for it

2. Power being sold at a loss till recently

So GSM companies were able to make profits to fund their businesses. Discos can't.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by bizzibodi(m): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
Subsidybad21:

But the thing is GSM companies were able to make a lot of money because

1. They were expensive

2. You cannot use a GSM phone without loading it.

Whereas power suffers from

1. People using power without paying for it

2. Power being sold at a loss till recently

So GSM companies were able to make profits to fund their businesses. Discos can't.
1.is power cheap?
2. In a saner climes U can't use power without loading yur prepaid Meters.
3.Majority pays for power without getting power with estimated billings & outrageous bills.
What does it cost to generate power if U hav workable equipment on ground for hydroelectricity water d driving force(water) is free.
For gas how much is a million cubic feet of gas?($3-$5)
Power generation is not a get rich quick business..U make your breakeven on long term.
Something is not right with our power sector.
The Gencos hav built & equiped power plants they sell electricity to Discos that has not build their capacity like substations, transformers, prepaid meters,they are inefficient,corrupt,d weakest link in d chain of power business.
Do to lack of capacity to delivers power they bought from Gencos to d consumers they are owing Gencos huge debt & want to extort customers via estimated & crazy bills,Area target-(they just map an area & want to generate millions from them),while residents have to buy & maintain their own transformers.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
bizzibodi:

1.is power cheap?
2. In a saner climes U can't use power without loading yur prepaid Meters.
3.Majority pays for power without getting power with estimated billings & outrageous bills.
What does it cost to generate power if U hav workable equipment on ground for hydroelectricity water d driving force(water) is free.
For gas how much is a million cubic feet of gas?($3-$5)
Power generation is not a get rich quick business..U make your breakeven on long term.
Something is not right in our power sector.
The Gencos hav built & equiped power plants they sell to Discos that has not build their capacity like substations, transformers, prepaid meters,they are inefficient,corrupt,d weaker link in d chain.
Do to lack of capacity to delivers power they bought from Gencos to d consumers they are owing Gencos huge debt & want to extort customers via estimated & crazy bills,Area target-(they just map an area & want to generate millions from them),while residents have to buy & maintain their own transformers.

The situation is

1.40% of subscribers don't pay for power

2. A large percentage of people bypass their meters.It happens, and discos oftentimes cannot do anything about it.

3. Poweris being sold at a loss. Until recently power was being sold at 20 to 30 naira per kwh when it costs 53 naira to produce that same one kwh

Imagine selling bread which cost you 1000 to bake one loaf, at 400 naira per loaf. You won't make profits to suatain your business

4. Gencos have to pay for gas in dollars. Gas companies including NNPC subsidiary NGC dont want naira payments. And CBN won't sell dollars to the GENCOS

5. Subsides meant to cover the losses made in selling power at a loss are not always paid on time, due to low revenue from low oil prices since 2014

6. And power is very expensive. Nigerians haven't accepted that.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by bizzibodi(m): 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
Subsidybad21:

The situation is

1.40% of subscribers don't pay for power

2. A large percentage of people bypass their meters.It happens, and discos oftentimes cannot do anything about it.

3. Poweris being sold at a loss. Until recently power was being sold at 20 to 30 naira per kwh when it costs 53 naira to produce that same one kwh

Imagine selling bread which cost you 1000 to bake one loaf, at 400 naira per loaf. You won't make profits to suatain your business

4. Gencos have to pay for gas in dollars. Gas companies including NNPC subsidiary NGC dont want naira payments. And CBN won't sell dollars to the GENCOS

5. Subsides meant to cover the losses made in selling power at a loss are not always paid on time, due to low revenue from low oil prices since 2014

6. And power is very expensive. Nigerians haven't accepted that.
Every customers should be metered even NGC meters Gencos;there is bye pass proof meters.
Do d presidency,ministries,state government houses even pay for electricity?
It seem U are a phcn staff
Most phcn staff connive with consumers to paid for bills behind d back..to make up for d loss & meet target,they transfer huge crazy bills to other law-abiding customers.
Re: PHED Staff Accused Of Using Cultists To Harm Customer In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
bizzibodi:

Every customers should be metered even NGC meters Gencos;there is bye pass proof meters.

Not in Nigeria.
Do d presidency,ministries,state government houses even pay for electricity?

As far as I know, some pay, some don't. Like most Nigerians
It seem U are a phcn staff

No I am not. I just happen to be an ordinary Nigerian who has since 2013 been doing some reading up on the power problem in Nigeria.

Most phcn staff connive with consumers to paid for bills behind d back..to make up for d loss & meet target,they transfer huge crazy bills to other law-abiding customers.

Not exactly. Most of the people who don't pay..the 40% nationwide (in some areas it is as high as 50-58%)..means pressure is put on people who do pay.

Plus, we don't pay as much for power as we should. (I hate saying this, but it is true). Add the fact that fixing the power sector means a lot of money, and since it is private now, money comes from the pocket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Arrest Lagos Prince, Others During Cult Initiation / 2 Students Shot Dead During Attack On A Bank In Anambra (Graphic) / How To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With Cultists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.