Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Did The Bible Or God Forbids Gambling? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Bible Or God Forbids Gambling? (513 Views)

Nowhere In The Bible Or Talmud Is The Star Of David Referenced / God Forbids Presence Of Women On The Altar,their Ministry And Authority In The C / Do You Read Your Bible Or You Give The Work To Your Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Did The Bible Or God Forbids Gambling? by gideonjeta(m): 11:36am On Apr 02, 2021
Yungmil:
People keep saying gabling is a sin and is bad but am yet to see a biblical stand on gambling being a sin, those that I ask are yet to convince me.

Pleaes I will like those in the house who are very conversant with the bible to enlighten us on this.

If the the bible condemns it then the explanation can really help a lot of people quit gambling.

The Bible makes no significant mention of gambling. Yet, it does offer a number of guiding principles that reveal how God feels about gambling.

The basic nature of gambling—winning money at the expense of others—is at odds with the Bible’s warning to “guard against every sort of greed.” (Luke 12:15) Gambling is, in fact, fueled by greed. Gaming institutions advertise big jackpots, while downplaying the poor odds of winning, because they know that dreams of wealth prompt players to wager large amounts to bet at games. Rather than helping a person guard against greed, gambling promotes the desire for easy money.

Gambling is based on an inherently selfish goal: winning money that other players have lost. However, the Bible encourages a person to “keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person.” (1 Corinthians 10:24)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did The Bible Or God Forbids Gambling? by budaatum: 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
Yungmil:
People keep saying gabling is a sin and is bad but am yet to see a biblical stand on gambling being a sin, those that I ask are yet to convince me.

Pleaes I will like those in the house who are very conversant with the bible to enlighten us on this.

If the the bible condemns it then the explanation can really help a lot of people quit gambling.

I have the feeling you are after simple instruction like, "thou shalt not gamble", or would like it to be a sin like perhaps putting your hand in fire is bad for you, but perhaps what you should seek is understanding, so I offer the following and trust that the Holy Spirit within you will guide you.

"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Mark 8:36 (NKJV)

"Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 (ESV)

"He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its income. This too is vanity." Ecclesiastes 5:10 (NASB)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? / What I See Will Happen In 9ja / Fulani Herdsmen Massacred Dozens; Anglican Families Mourn (PHOTOS/VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.