Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:41 AM

We Were Winning In Over 400 Polling Units - Uzor Kalu Reacts To Aba Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Were Winning In Over 400 Polling Units - Uzor Kalu Reacts To Aba Election (390 Views)

Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts / 2019 VP Debate: Uzor Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance, Reveals One Thing Ob / Orji Kalu Reacts After Seeing This At APC Campaign Rally In Ekiti State(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Were Winning In Over 400 Polling Units - Uzor Kalu Reacts To Aba Election by Eaglecrwn: 7:05am On Mar 29, 2021
The Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Aba North/South Federal Constituency, Hon Mascot Uzor Kalu has shed light on last weekend's byelection in the federal constituency, regretting that his opponents wanted to win at all costs and resorted to thuggery and brigandage.

According to him, "Our opponents flooded the city with thugs numbering over 20, 000. Traders were threatened with text messages to keep away or lose their lives."

He disclosed in a statement issued on Sunday that "we were winning in more than 400 polling units and they kept using thugs to harass the INEC officials and scare our voters."

It reads:

The March  27, 2021 Aba North  and Aba South Federal Constituency by-election  is over, and Peoples  Democratic Party (PDP)  has been declared winner by the Independent National Electoral Committee (INEC), we  appeal to our members to accept the outcome of the elections in good faith while appreciating them for making the Party stronger in Abia. 

While the opposition wanted the election at all cost , we chose life over blood shed and therefore won lives and lost the polls. To us, that was a greater victory . 

The level of  thuggery, violence and rigging that occurred in the election calls for a deeper review of  our electoral laws .  Every country is peculiar to it's people , all Nigerian  should support the electoral laws that is being amended  as it would assist us in getting our democracy strengthened. The electoral laws as it is renders the security agencies with arms weak in the face of violence at the polls  and therefore needs a revisit . Granted that the armless police should be inside the polling units, the armed should be within fifty meters away from the units.

My campaign officers  and our Party agents were kidnapped , even the Resident Electoral Commission (REC) , Prof Joseph  Iloh was manhandled by thugs  at  the Aba polytechnics. 

We campaigned vigorously and Aba people were expectant of improvement from what late Ossy Prestige of blessed memory did . My only concern is that Aba people lost.  They lost a quality representation and chance to have added infrastructures in Aba . 

We were winning in more than 400 polling units and they kept using thugs to harass the INEC officials and scare our voters . Our voters ran for their lives . In a city with over 497,000 voting strength, less than 15,000 votes were recorded in the entire election. 

I commend the INEC and  security agents who were overwhelmed and I congratulate them  for their services and the risk they took to protect the citizens. 

I also thank the  National Chairman of the Caretaker Extraordinary Committee,  His Excellency,  Gov.Mai Mala Buni , Aba North and South Party Chairmen and all our party faithfuls for their support in the election.

Even though we have enough evidence to reclaim our mandate , we won't be going to the court . This is to allow the declared winner to concentrate and provide good representation and infrastructure to the good people of Aba.

Once again I thank the Aba people for coming out en masse to vote for the APC and I congratulate the winner , Chimaobi Ebisike and the PDP,  not because they won but because it's gentleman to do so.
Re: We Were Winning In Over 400 Polling Units - Uzor Kalu Reacts To Aba Election by blazepascal(m): 7:06am On Mar 29, 2021
sad
Re: We Were Winning In Over 400 Polling Units - Uzor Kalu Reacts To Aba Election by shigishege: 7:24am On Mar 29, 2021
Trash
Re: We Were Winning In Over 400 Polling Units - Uzor Kalu Reacts To Aba Election by Divine202: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2021
Question, your Excellency:
Why do you think you and your team need to be voted for

1 Like

Re: We Were Winning In Over 400 Polling Units - Uzor Kalu Reacts To Aba Election by Johnnyessence(m): 8:27am On Mar 29, 2021
Eaglecrwn:
The Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Aba North/South Federal Constituency, Hon Mascot Uzor Kalu has shed light on last weekend's byelection in the federal constituency, regretting that his opponents wanted to win at all costs and resorted to thuggery and brigandage.

According to him, "Our opponents flooded the city with thugs numbering over 20, 000. Traders were threatened with text messages to keep away or lose their lives."

He disclosed in a statement issued on Sunday that "we were winning in more than 400 polling units and they kept using thugs to harass the INEC officials and scare our voters."

It reads:

The March  27, 2021 Aba North  and Aba South Federal Constituency by-election  is over, and Peoples  Democratic Party (PDP)  has been declared winner by the Independent National Electoral Committee (INEC), we  appeal to our members to accept the outcome of the elections in good faith while appreciating them for making the Party stronger in Abia. 

While the opposition wanted the election at all cost , we chose life over blood shed and therefore won lives and lost the polls. To us, that was a greater victory . 

The level of  thuggery, violence and rigging that occurred in the election calls for a deeper review of  our electoral laws .  Every country is peculiar to it's people , all Nigerian  should support the electoral laws that is being amended  as it would assist us in getting our democracy strengthened. The electoral laws as it is renders the security agencies with arms weak in the face of violence at the polls  and therefore needs a revisit . Granted that the armless police should be inside the polling units, the armed should be within fifty meters away from the units.

My campaign officers  and our Party agents were kidnapped , even the Resident Electoral Commission (REC) , Prof Joseph  Iloh was manhandled by thugs  at  the Aba polytechnics. 

We campaigned vigorously and Aba people were expectant of improvement from what late Ossy Prestige of blessed memory did . My only concern is that Aba people lost.  They lost a quality representation and chance to have added infrastructures in Aba . 

We were winning in more than 400 polling units and they kept using thugs to harass the INEC officials and scare our voters . Our voters ran for their lives . In a city with over 497,000 voting strength, less than 15,000 votes were recorded in the entire election. 

I commend the INEC and  security agents who were overwhelmed and I congratulate them  for their services and the risk they took to protect the citizens. 

I also thank the  National Chairman of the Caretaker Extraordinary Committee,  His Excellency,  Gov.Mai Mala Buni , Aba North and South Party Chairmen and all our party faithfuls for their support in the election.

Even though we have enough evidence to reclaim our mandate , we won't be going to the court . This is to allow the declared winner to concentrate and provide good representation and infrastructure to the good people of Aba.

Once again I thank the Aba people for coming out en masse to vote for the APC and I congratulate the winner , Chimaobi Ebisike and the PDP,  not because they won but because it's gentleman to do so.

Lori iro niii.
Re: We Were Winning In Over 400 Polling Units - Uzor Kalu Reacts To Aba Election by Jostoman: 10:11am On Mar 29, 2021
Ok we don hear

(1) (Reply)

Vacate Igboland Within 48hrs Or Be Treated Like ‘bush Meat’ – Ohanaeze / Nigeria Can Be A Better Place With Tinubu- Nigerian Youth Accountability Forum / WE WANT TO SEVERE LINKS WITH AREWA —MBF, PUNCH NEWS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.