Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? (8967 Views)

Why Do Muslims Ask Christain To Wear Hijab Before Entering Their Premises / Temiloluwa Adeboye Celebrates Her Birthday (Photo) / Is It Right For A Christain To Own A Club/bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2021
Barristter07:
" The Western traditions of wedding rings can be traced to ancient Rome and Greece, and were first associated with the marital dowry and later with a promise of fidelity. " Wikipedia .

Marital dowry is biblical. It wasn't associated with False worship.

False!

If I say you lack simple comprehension now, it would look as if I'm insulting you.

You provided a quote yet you didn't understand what you quoted.

@Color that Wikipedia article is on WESTERN TRADITION of wedding ring but everyone knows that wedding ring originated from ancient Egypt around 4800-5000 BC

Let's even granted the Rome & Greek origin, it still shows that it's pagan origin because Rome & Greek were never considered as Israelites.

So Why don't the Isrealites continue the practice of Birthdays they witnessed in Egypt according to Lev 18:3 ?

I actually countered your first post with that question not because it has anything to do with the verse you quoted.

Lev 18:3 is a cherry picked verse by you to twist the scripture.

Lev 18 as a whole was described as "Unlawful Sex.ual Relations" by some translations.

And from verse 6 God pointed out the actual things they should not PRACTICE yet BIRTHDAY wasn't listed.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Barristter07: 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2021
Emusan:

False!

If I say you lack simple comprehension now, it would look as if I'm insulting you.

@Color that Wikipedia article is on WESTERN TRADITION of wedding ring but everyone knows that wedding ring originated from ancient Egypt around 4800-5000 BC

Let's even granted the Rome & Greek origin, it still shows that it's pagan origin because Rome & Greek were never considered as Israelites.

I actually countered your first post with that question not because it has anything to do with the verse you quoted.

Lev 18 as a whole was described as "Unlawful Sex.ual Relations" by some translations.

And from verse 6 God pointed out the actual things they should not PRACTICE yet BIRTHDAY wasn't listed.

In what sense was it used , dedicated to a false God Or God's command of marriage ? You are totally null here, because the rule of marriage applies to everyone irrespective of religion.

The Birthdays which started in Egypt didn't have the same tone, it was with reference to the belief that Pharaohs were a divine god. This makes this celebration a part of their False worship. THIS IS WHY YOU WONT FIND THE ISREALITES CONTINUING THE PRACTICE. It was banned ( Leviticus 18:3)

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Barristter07: 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
Emusan:

You still don't that verse!

Ileya or ifa festival is a day DEDICATED to a god.

Birthday is day DECIDED by the celebrant to organize a FEAST for people.

So if I chose a DAY to do ANYTHING which has NOTHING IN CONNECTION with a STRANGE GOD and I'm convinced about it, that's what the scripture is saying.

No the person didn't, the people behind the festival did.

because you're not the coordinator of such.

Understand that verse well

Earlier you used the verse like it automatically Give you license to any celebration, now you are saying it's not reffering to celebrations that have pagan tones , or dedicated to a strange god.

The origin of birthdays, The Egyptians used it to Celebrate the birth of the divine gods called pharaoh.

Emusan " which has nothing in connection with a STRANGE GOD "

Here we see that the text of Romans 14:5,6 could not refer to a pagan celebration Which has something to do with a strange god.

World book Enyclopedia was right when it says the early Christian's view the celebration of anyone's birth as a pagan custom.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2021
GeneralDae:

Galatians 4v8-11 is not talking about birthdays but against observing special seasons of judaism in order to be justified by the law. The Galatians were listening to Judaizers or people who taught that some Jewish ceremonies were to be observed to please God. You are reading that scripture wrongly.

You are the one inserting birthday celebration there. Consider Romans 14, where you are advised to do what you do in good conscience and in honour to the lord. Just like in Ecclesiastes, it is recommended that in whatever you do, the right intention matters.

Bro you floored that dudes with points.

Thumbs up.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 10:58am On Apr 12, 2021
Janosky:

The Bros says the sons of Job is his role model, NOT Jesus Christ.
Bros, Na Jesus Christ first you know Job 1:4 ,yet he no do birthday celebrations.
That's very instructive
grin

"When Job’s sons “held a banquet at the house of each one on his own day” it should not be supposed that they were celebrating their birthdays. (Job 1:4) “Day” in this verse translates the Hebrew word yohm and refers to a period of time from sunrise to sunset. On the other hand, “birthday” is a compound of the two Hebrew words yohm (day) and hul·leʹdheth. The distinction between “day” and one’s birthday may be noted in Genesis 40:20, where both expressions appear: “Now on the third day [yohm] it turned out to be Pharaoh’s birthday [literally, “the day (yohm) of the birth (hul·leʹdheth) of Pharaoh”].” So it is certain that Job 1:4 does not refer to a birthday, as is unquestionably the case at Genesis 40:20.

The difference between Genesis 40:20 & Job 1:4 is very luminous.
Achorladey means that the Church Fathers wey live before him no know say Job 1:4 exist before they wrote their findings down for posterity. grin grin
Bros, go & verify that reference works (in the Screenshot) and free yourself from Mumu GIBBERISH
grin grin grin

Is there anywhere that it is written that Job's children sinned for celebrating their birthday?
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:03am On Apr 12, 2021
Barristter07:

In what sense was it used , dedicated to a false God Or God's command of marriage ? You are totally null here, because the rule of marriage applies to everyone irrespective of religion.

The Birthdays which started in Egypt didn't have the same tone, it was with reference to the belief that Pharaohs were a divine god. This makes this celebration a part of their False worship. THIS IS WHY YOU WONT FIND THE ISREALITES CONTINUING THE PRACTICE. It was banned ( Leviticus 18:3)

Was Job and his children from Egypt?
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2021
GeneralDae:

So because Pharaoh celebrated his birthday, then you can't celebrate your birthday? Still none of these scriptures tell you directly not to celebrate your birthdays in your holy way.

Even though you have failed to show me a scripture that forbids birthday celebration, I'll still say not everything from the pagans are excluded by God. Pagans from time immemorial who never worshipped Jehovah God also built great civilisations and had some wonderful philosophies like Taoism from Confucius in China, and even some of the African Ancestors had some great moral cultures as well which the God who created them may have also inspired.

Pagans invented sports and Olympics as we know it today. It was practiced in the Roman Empire that even Paul used it as an example of how Christians should run the race. Pagans invented writing not the Israelites. Pagans did a lot of things that the children of Isreal had to eventually adopt.

God of the Israelites only prevented terrible customs of the pagans like human sacrifices, sexual sins, and the likes not birthday celebration.

The truth is that most of the customs and acts of the pagans were good except for the fact they associated it with their false gods and religeon.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:11am On Apr 12, 2021
GeneralDae:

I don't understand your arguement here, so if Pharoah and Herod both did terrible things on their birthday, did Jehovah in his scriptures deduce for you from those incidents that celebrating birthday is now altogether sinfull?

People can also do terrible things while celebrating the death of Jesus or any holy event. Some popes in the 14th century could have decided to burn witches alive on that same day, and if the bible was still being written then, it could have been recorded too. Would you then say celebrating the death of Jesus is a sin just because a Pope decided to celebrate it in his own cruel way?

I Concur their reasoning is Epic.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:12am On Apr 12, 2021
GeneralDae:

And the point is that not all pagan practices were rejected by the biblical scriptures.
Even paul used Marathon race of a pagan sports man as an example of how to fight the good fight, can you give me an example of a servant of Jehovah who ran Marathon race? Is Marathon race (something good for the health) a sin?
Pagans are also children of God and in time past, they invented almost everything then.

Most pagan inventions were inspiration from God corrupted by them.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:16am On Apr 12, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
They don't know what rebelliousness truly means just because people around him are telling him that birthday celebration is unbiblical he wants to bring back the Mosaic laws that has been nailed to the torture stake! cheesy

Which Law did Jesus said will not pass away till Heaven and Earth do?
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:23am On Apr 12, 2021
There is a great chasm fixed between our people and yours {Luke 16:26} so keep what you've got while we'll also keep our heritage! Isaiah 54:17 smiley

blueAgent:

Which Law did Jesus said will not pass away till Heaven and Earth do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Barristter07: 11:41am On Apr 12, 2021
blueAgent:

Nothing like Birthdays existed in the Case of Job.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 8:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
blueAgent:

I Concur their reasoning is Epic.

Bros, continue to DECEIVE yourself.
That's your choice.
Shalom.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
GeneralDae:

Galatians 4v8-11 is not talking about birthdays but against observing special seasons of judaism in order to be justified by the law. The Galatians were listening to Judaizers or people who taught that some Jewish ceremonies were to be observed to please God. You are reading that scripture wrongly.

You are the one inserting birthday celebration there. Consider Romans 14, where you are advised to do what you do in good conscience and in honour to the lord. Just like in Ecclesiastes, it is recommended that in whatever you do, the right intention matters.

See as them love mumu post grin grin.

Is Galatians 4:1-30 missing in your Bible?
Do children of the slave woman from Arabia practice Judaism ?
Bros, no dey DECEIVE yourself. grin grin

You claimed Paul wrote Romans 14:5-6 to justify your annual celebrations of birthdays.
Bros, 1 Corinthians 11:1,"imitate Jesus", does Paul agree with your claim at Romans 14:5-6?
grin grin

Galatians 4:8-11 ,Bros, jakpa from " special days & seasons" ( alias Christmas SEASON), annual Birthday celebrations & feasts of pagans.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2021
blueAgent:

Is there anywhere that it is written that Job's children sinned for celebrating their birthday?

Job's children did NOT celebrate birthdays.
I've addressed that claim in my posts.
1 Corinthians 11:1 "imitate Jesus" our examplar.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2021
Emusan:

False!

I was thinking you might miss that point you highlighted in red. I was wrong, you spot it well enough to see not just people having comprehension palaver but an attempt to divert discussion into something not related or muddle things up.

The western tradition of wedding rings. Serious laughter!

So from his own question raised earlier which can be rephrased

1. Weddings rings originated from Egypt , Yes or no?

2. As at when this Law was given, the Isrealites has witnessed countless marriage among the Egyptians that involves use of wedding rings, Why didn't they continue the practice?

Since the Bible is very much silent on the Israelites usage of wedding rings and going by his usage of Leviticus 18:3 to indicate ban on BIRTHDAYS then there is also ban on WEDDING RINGS since it's origin is from same source.

One begin to wonder how that wedding rings crept it into their own marriage ceremony. After all it under BAN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
Janosky:

See as them love mumu post grin grin.

Is Galatians 4:1-30 missing in your Bible?
Do children of the slave woman from Arabia practice Judaism ?
Bros, no dey DECEIVE yourself. grin grin

You claimed Paul wrote Romans 14:5-6 to justify your annual celebrations of birthdays.
Bros, 1 Corinthians 11:1,"imitate Jesus", does Paul agree with your claim at Romans 14:5-6?
grin grin

Galatians 4:8-11 ,Bros, jakpa from " special days & seasons" ( alias Christmas SEASON), annual Birthday celebrations & feasts of pagans.

grin grin grin grin

Time to throw Job under the bus since Job no longer dance to your TUNE. Now it's imitate Jesus grin cheesy

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
Emusan:

Can you prove to us from your Bible, show this forum where Paul or Jesus, any part of the scriptures condemned celebration of birthday?

Mumu question.
You too love argument.
Who converted Saul to Paul and he wrote Galatians 4:8-11 & 1 Corinthians 11:1?
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2021
blueAgent:

One can only hope you get a response for this

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 8:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
achorladey:

Time to throw Job under the bus since Job no longer dance to your TUNE. Now it's imitate Jesus grin cheesy

We can see you don't care about the faith of Job.
No wahala grin grin

Na the indulgence of Job's children ,(rice and chicken and owambe levels) na you carry for head like gala !
Bros, continue DECEIVING yourself. grin cheesy
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2021
Janosky:

We can see you don't care about the faith of Job.
No wahala grin grin

Na the indulgence of Job's children ,(rice and chicken and owambe levels) na you carry for head like gala !
Bros, continue DECEIVING yourself. grin cheesy

It's now the INDULGENCE of Job's children. My explanation concerning your question is still there.

Your response will always remain

Job's children did NOT celebrate birthdays.
I've addressed that claim in my posts

Because you can't find where Job's children sinned for celebrating their birthdays.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
Janosky:
Mumu question.
You too love argument.
Who converted Saul to Paul and he wrote Galatians 4:8-11 & 1 Corinthians 11:1?

The great JaNosense the lying liar JWs like your father the Devil.

Now, my question is mumu and I love argument simply because you couldn't provide the scripture here.

Here is my question again:

Can you prove to us from your Bible, show this forum where Paul or Jesus, any part of the scriptures condemned celebration of birthday?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 10:27pm On Apr 12, 2021
Emusan:

False!

achorladey:

I was thinking you might miss that point you highlighted in red. I was wrong, you spot it well enough to see not just people having comprehension palaver but an attempt to divert discussion into something not related or muddle things up.

The western tradition of wedding rings. Serious laughter!

So from his own question raised earlier which can be rephrased

1. Weddings rings originated from Egypt , Yes or no?

2. As at when this Law was given, the Isrealites has witnessed countless marriage among the Egyptians that involves use of wedding rings, Why didn't they continue the practice?

Since the Bible is very much silent on the Israelites usage of wedding rings and going by his usage of Leviticus 18:3 to indicate ban on BIRTHDAYS then there is also ban on WEDDING RINGS since it's origin is from same source.

One begin to wonder how that wedding rings crept it into their own marriage ceremony. After all it under BAN.

Numbers 31:50. (Compare Exodus 35:22)
"And we bring the offering of LORD JEHOVAH, each man who finds articles of gold, anklets and bracelets and rings and earrings and necklaces, to atone for our souls before LORD JEHOVAH"

Jehovah God loves His Servants wearing wedding rings.
Jehovah did NOT ban wedding ring nor any ring worn on the fingers.

Luke 15:22, Haggai 2:23.

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 10:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
Barristter07:
Earlier you used the verse like it automatically Give you license to any celebration, now you are saying it's not reffering to celebrations that have pagan tones , or dedicated to a strange god.

That's the figment of your own imagination not mine.

That verse proves that a Christian can CHOOSE ANY DAY to celebrate and there is no condemnation on that.

The origin of birthdays, The Egyptians used it to Celebrate the birth of the divine gods called pharaoh.

Can you provide a source for this?

Emusan " which has nothing in connection with a STRANGE GOD "

Yes it has nothing in connection with strange god.

I'm celebrating MY OWN BIRTHDAY not ANOTHER person's birthday.

Here we see that the text of Romans 14:5,6 could not refer to a pagan celebration Which has something to do with a strange god.

But the text of Romans 14:5-6 says I can choose a DAY I WISH to celebrate.

Is people celebrating birthday celebrating A GOD?

[b][u]World book Enyclopedia was right[/u.] when it says the early Christian's view the celebration of anyone's birth as a pagan custom.

Now "encyclopedia was RIGHT" by Barristter07 word on Mable.....

The same encyclopedia was right when it says "The earliest existing rings are those found in the tombs of ancient Egypt."

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 10:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
Emusan:

[s]The great JaNosense the lying liar JWs like your father the Devil.
[/s]
Now, my question is mumu and I love argument simply because you couldn't provide the scripture here.

Here is my question again:

Leviticus 18:3
" You shall not do according to the custom of the land of Egypt, in which you dwelt...."

Bros, wear goggles dey read Galatians 4:8-11.
Read am to verses 8 to 30 and cure your delusion.
You done stubbornly reject Leviticus 18:3 & Galatians 4:8-11 from your heart but you no fit remove am from your Bible grin grin grin grin

Show this forum any part of the Bible where Jehovah's Servants- Jesus Christ and Paul celebrated their birthdays?

Mr LIENUS, Matthew 14:6 , did Jesus Christ know that pagan king Herod celebrated his birthday?
John 15:15, Why Jesus Christ & Paul no do am ?
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2021
Janosky:
Leviticus 18:3
" You shall not do according to the custom of the land of Egypt, in which you dwelt...."

You copy this from your brother and I'm dealing with that already.

Bros, wear goggles dey read Galatians 4:8-11.
Read am to verses 8 to 30 and cure your delusion.
You done stubbornly reject Leviticus 18:3 & Galatians 4:8-11 from your heart but you no fit remove am from your Bible grin grin grin grin

Show this forum any part of the Bible where Jehovah's Servants- Jesus Christ and Paul celebrated their birthdays?

Mr LIENUS, Matthew 14:6 , did Jesus Christ know that pagan king Herod celebrated his birthday?
John 15:15, Why Jesus Christ & Paul no do am ?

JaNosense the lying liar JWs like his father the Devil

You haven't provided where Paul, Jesus and Bible outrightly condemned celebration of birthday.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2021
Janosky:

Numbers 31:50. (Compare Exodus 35:22)
"And we bring the offering of LORD JEHOVAH, each man who finds articles of gold, anklets and bracelets and rings and earrings and necklaces, to atone for our souls before LORD JEHOVAH"

Jehovah did NOT ban wedding ring nor any ring worn on the fingers.

Luke 15:22, Haggai 2:23.

Show us the verse where God hates his servant celebrating birthdays?

Jehovah did NOT ban wedding ring nor any ring worn on the fingers

Show us where Jehovah ban birthday celebrations?

b]And we bring the offering of LORD JEHOVAH, each man who finds articles of gold, anklets and bracelets and rings and earrings and necklaces, to atone for our souls before LORD JEHOVAH"
[/b]

Emphasis on the word RINGS

Since you want us to agree that the RINGS here could be wedding rings, signet rings, e.t.c will you agree that his day in Job 1:4 could be birthdays or whatever day there is to be celebrated?

A. Yes

B. No

C. I backtrack

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2021
Barristter07:

Wonder shall never ends.

This is one of the 7 wonders of lying JWs.

So wedding ring was used to God's command of marriage by a pagan Nation who also started a pagan celebration of birthday.

Still lying on the Pharaoh.

Show us where birthday was mentioned in Lev 18

You can twist scripture the way you want but people reading it can see the truth.

So where was wedding ring mentioned by God as what people can use on wedding day, since God accepted it from pagan Egyptians?
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 11:09pm On Apr 12, 2021
Emusan:

That's the figment of your own imagination not mine.

That verse proves that a Christian can CHOOSE ANY DAY to celebrate and there is no condemnation on that.

Can you provide a source for this?

Yes it has nothing in connection with strange god.

I'm celebrating MY OWN BIRTHDAY not ANOTHER person's birthday.

But the text of Romans 14:5-6 says I can choose a DAY I WISH to celebrate.

Is people celebrating birthday celebrating A GOD?

Now "encyclopedia was RIGHT" by Barristter07 word on Mable.....

The same encyclopedia was right when it says "The earliest existing rings are those found in the tombs of ancient Egypt."

We need to call his brother Janosky to come see how encyclopedia can be RIGHT despite being GIBBERISH from ATHEIST, PAGANS e.t.c which their religious leaders sift and call spiritual food at the proper time.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 11:23pm On Apr 12, 2021
Emusan:

Wonder shall never ends.

This is one of the 7 wonders of lying JWs.

So wedding ring was used to God's command of marriage by a pagan Nation who also started a pagan celebration of birthday.

Still lying on the Pharaoh.

Show us where birthday was mentioned in Lev 18

You can twist scripture the way you want but people reading it can see the truth.

So where was wedding ring mentioned by God as what people can use on wedding day, since God accepted it from pagan Egyptians?

I think the question that can be raised from part of his post here captured in bold below

because the rule of marriage applies to everyone irrespective of religion.

Will be, what is God's rule on marriage regarding WEDDING RINGS?

It will be interesting to see his response on this one.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 11:32pm On Apr 12, 2021
achorladey:

We need to call his brother Janosky to come see how encyclopedia can be RIGHT despite being GIBBERISH from ATHEIST, PAGANS e.t.c which their religious leaders sift and call spiritual food at the proper time.

I'm telling you,

See how he endorsed encyclopedia forgotten that the same encyclopedia speaks on many issues including the one against JWs.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2021
achorladey:

Show us the verse where God hates his servant celebrating birthdays?

Jehovah did NOT ban wedding ring nor any ring worn on the fingers

Show us where Jehovah ban birthday celebrations?

b]And we bring the offering of LORD JEHOVAH, each man who finds articles of gold, anklets and bracelets and rings and earrings and necklaces, to atone for our souls before LORD JEHOVAH"
[/b]

Emphasis on the word RINGS

Since you want us to agree that the RINGS here could be wedding rings, signet rings, e.t.c will you agree that his day in Job 1:4 could be birthdays or whatever day there is to be celebrated?

A. Yes

B. No

C. I backtrack
The occasion of the feasting referred to in Job 1:4 is not clear. As the seven days appear to have been consecutive, they could hardly have been birthdays.
Also, the Hebrew word for birthday or celebrations of annual birthdays is yohm hule'dheth ( as is in Genesis 40:20).

Is Hebrew yohm hule'dheth in Job 1:4?

I follow Jesus Christ , 1 Corinthians 11:1,
1 Peter 2:21.
Not the sons of Job or their life of indulgence.
Job1:5, Job sef, no too trust children say them no commit.. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? / Why Does God Refer To Himself In The Plural In Genesis 1:26 And 3:22? / 5 Obstacle That Hinders People From Attaining The Greater Height

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.