Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins (23576 Views)

Why Onitsha Is Not An Igboland, It Belongs To Benins / Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship / Benins Were The First Educated Nigerians. Dr Okafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2021
samuk:
[s]After accusing me of inserting my opinions and assumptions. You now left the historical narrative that was mostly qouted verbatim and went on a long epistle of your own opinions and assumptions, something you criticised me of doing.

The historical narratives I am presenting are for those that can make use of their thinking capabilities, not for you. I would have been very surprised if you have jumped this one without commenting.

According to you:

1. Benin was peacefully invited to Lagos, infact Benin begged for a small piece of land. But you forget that they went their with a barracks load of soldiers.

2. The Alaafin also peacefully invited Benin to come and put down the rebels that was threatening his domain.

3. The Ikere people peacefully summoned Benin to mediate in a dispute. You also forget Benin went their with such military force that the geography of areas changed forever. Traditional rulers lost their heads.

You would have liked everyone to believe that Benin never crossed Ore town if not for the overwhelming evidences.[/s]
What load of rrRrubish is this one typing?

+ the side comment you had inserted in your penultimate comment is not even yours in the first place. We both know this. LMAO! cheesy

Also, going forward make sure to read the comments you spend time typing replies to. Doing so will help you appear less dumb. grin

Why are you even scared? Shebi all you’re trying to do is re-write in your own words what you think I wrote.

Kuku leave it and let folks read it na. Readers actually aren’t slow. No one begged you for a summary of my comment actually. I didn’t appoint you a secretary.

Anyways, if you later decide to give your own actual reply to my comment, then please let’s know.

https://www.nairaland.com/6482972/name-lagos-called-ekonunuame-benins/7#104345330

For now, boye! Haha cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by UGBE634: 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2021
samuk:

After accusing me of inserting my opinions and assumptions. You now left the historical narrative that was mostly qouted verbatim and went on a long epistle of your own opinions and assumptions, something you criticised me of doing.

The historical narratives I am presenting are for those that can make use of their thinking capabilities, not for you. I would have been very surprised if you have jumped this one without commenting.

According to you:

1. Benin was peacefully invited to Lagos, infact Benin begged for a small piece of land. But you forget that they went there with a barracks load of soldiers.

2. The Alaafin also peacefully invited Benin to come and put down the rebels that was threatening his domain.

3. The Ikere people peacefully summoned Benin to mediate in a dispute. You also forget Benin went there with such military force that the geography of areas changed forever. Traditional rulers lost their heads.

You would have liked everyone to believe that Benin never crossed Ore town if not for the overwhelming evidences.
My brother na that one sweet me pass, traditional rulers lost their head

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2021
Beheaded?? shocked

Oba Ozolua?? cheesy grin

Buhahaha! grin

4 Likes

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by nisai: 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2021
TAO11:
Beheaded?? shocked

Oba Ozolua?? cheesy grin

Buhahaha! grin
grin grin You are really having fun.

1 Like

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2021
nisai:
grin grin You are really having fun.
Weytin we go do, my brother? cheesy

I thought it’s been a while since Bini miscreants with inferiority complex learnt some lessons. grin

4 Likes

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by nisai: 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2021
TAO11:
Weytin we go do, my brother? cheesy

I thought it’s been a while since Bini miscreants with inferiority complex learnt some lessons. grin
grin grin If them get sense, them go close that their fake history book, then compulsory every Bini indigene, home and abroad, to register on Nairaland. After that step, they will then open a thread with a topic: BINI HISTORY, AS SIFTED AND AUTHORISED BY PROF. TAO11.

Then they will invite you to render your usual humanity service. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Stoplying: 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
samuk:

After accusing me of inserting my opinions and assumptions. You now left the historical narrative that was mostly qouted verbatim and went on a long epistle of your own opinions and assumptions, something you criticised me of doing.

According to you:

1. Benin was peacefully invited to Lagos, infact Benin begged for a small piece of land, waving white flags whilst begging. But you forget that they went there with a barracks load of soldiers.

3. The Ikere people peacefully summoned Benin to mediate in a dispute. You also forget Benin went there with such military force that the demography of areas changed forever. Traditional rulers lost their heads.

You would have liked everyone to believe that Benin never crossed Ore town if not for the overwhelming evidences.

Don't mind the troll, lying and trolling are his/her profession.
Just keep posting claims backed by eyewitness accounts alongside the eyewitness accounts.
Providing proof is the maximum which a human being can do. Ignore the rest.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2021
Stoplying:
[s]Don't mind the troll, lying and trolling are his/her profession.
Just keep posting claims backed by eyewitness accounts alongside the eyewitness accounts.
Providing proof is the maximum which a human being can do. Ignore the rest.[/s]
Notice how you’re always quick to scream “tRoLl” anytime you jam superior ratiocination which is also armed to the teeth with facts.

But the same you would engage other Yorubas in a back and forth exchange at length (going crazy while praising yourself as smart) whenever you perceive that such person is unfamiliar with your fraudulent rhetorics. cheesy

In other words, “tRoLLs” = those who know you well & who are familiar with how to debunk your fraudulent rhetorics with superior ratiocination and facts.

You always talk of eYeWitNess account when in fact you (and your folks) take same eYeWiTnEsS accounts to mean what it clearly never said or implied?

And I am always shocked at how you (and your folks) go mad whenever I bring in light and clarity in order to disillusion folks from your (and your folks’) weird superimpositions and conclusions.

Anyways, see link below perhaps you may be willing to rescue him with mustering some intelligent reply. Do something on his behalf lad. Okay, at least help Benin kingdom na. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6482972/name-lagos-called-ekonunuame-benins/7#104345330

Peace!
Cc: rhektor, nisiw365, nisai, lifeisgood12

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by UGBE634: 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2021
samuk:

According to you:

1. Benin was peacefully invited to Lagos, infact Benin begged for a small piece of land, waving white flags whilst begging. But you forget that they went there with a barracks load of soldiers.

3. The Ikere people peacefully summoned Benin to mediate in a dispute. You also forget Benin went there with such military force that the demography of areas changed forever. Traditional rulers lost their heads.

They invited her to come and 'mediate' king lose head, Benin matter na gbe gbe o, what if she was invited to actually come and fight. Oronmiyan must have encountered Benin True True as a returning prince. IBINU was right on point

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2021
UGBE634:
[s]They invited her to come and 'mediate' king lose head, Benin matter na gbe gbe o, what if she was invited to actually come and fight.[/s]
Eeya! What a pity!? I guess your oba got angry that a whole him was summoned by his own vAsSaL. LMAO!

Wait! Did you just say that your Oba Ozolua’s head was carefully detached from his neck?? shocked

How manage? cheesy

[s]Oronmiyan must have encountered Benin True True as a returning prince. IBINU was right on point[/s]
Whenever insecure Bini miscreants get humiliated on one subject, it is their modus operandi to quietly (and cunningly) flee to another subject hoping to find consolation — only to further get humiliated again. grin

Returning prince ko, retired prince ni grin cheesy

ReTuRniNg pRiNce, yet Benin kings had to pray to IFE (and Yorubaland in general) every morning at dawn — and not the other way round. cheesy

ReTuRniNg pRiNce, yet Benin kings had Yoruba royal praise titles, viz. Adimula, ÕṣaKeji, etc. — and not the other way round. cheesy

Terrible revisionist hoping to feel funky. You better be contented with your crap-hole of a kingdom made up of Benin city and its surrounding Edoid areas. grin

In any case, your daddies’s false revisionist work has long been exposed to the world by historians. You may refer to the reference and attachment below for one example.

J. Eboreime, “Oral Traditions and the Prehistory of the Edo-Speaking People of Benin” in R. Blench & M. Spriggs, Archaeology and Language I: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations, Taylor & Francis e-Library, 2004, p. 314.

Peace!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by samuk: 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2021
UGBE634:
They invited her to come and 'mediate' king lose head, Benin matter na gbe gbe o, what if she was invited to actually come and fight. Oronmiyan must have encountered Benin True True as a returning prince. IBINU was right on point

My brother, the thing tire me. gringrin I was actually concerned that she may start a protest infront of the UN (United Nations) building in Abuja screaming blue murder and asking that Benin make reparations and restitution for the several beheaded Yoruba traditional rulers, instead she said her beheaded traditional rulers were simply embattled grin grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by samuk: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
Stoplying:

Don't mind the troll, lying and trolling are his/her profession.
Providing proof is the maximum which a human being can do. Ignore the rest.

All other sensible Yoruba people have since thrown in the towel but not her and her simpletons, she actually likes disgracing Yoruba people and her history. I will continue to drop the eyewitness accounts and she can continue to offer her opinions and assumptions as history.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2021
Samuk right now: — See attached. cheesy grin

Waiting for you at the link below:

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by nisai: 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2021
TAO11:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nisiw365: 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2021
TAO11:

Samuk is in pains

1 Like

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by UGBE634: 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2021
[
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by UGBE634: 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2021
h
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by UGBE634: 9:27pm On Aug 02, 2021
TAO11:
Eeya! What a pity!? I guess your oba got angry that a whole him was summoned by his own vAsSaL. LMAO! cheesy

Wait! Did you just say Oba Ozolua’s head was carefully detached from his neck?? shocked How manage? cheesy

It was not summon, use the right words mademoiselle it was like "Baba I am tormented, please come help me fight" . It was actually a plea from son to father which Edo accepted the request and Ado was destroyed.
who removed Ozolua's head? Yoruba? common not even in your dreams

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2021
UGBE634:
[s]It was not summon, use the right words mademoiselle it was like "Baba I am tormented, please come help me fight". It was actually a plea from father to son which Edo accepted the request and Ado was destroyed.
who removed Ozolua's head? Yoruba? common not even in your dreams[/s]
SharRRap, your oba and his kingdom was summoned. grin cheesy

Wait a second! He was summoned to fight, or he was summoned to settle a dispute.

You and your folks should make up your mind now or never. LMAO! cheesy

Let’s even pretend it was an invitation to settle a dispute, where in the universe do vAsSaL states make the sUzErAin come over to settle a dispute between them and not the other way round? cheesy

At this point, I’m genuinely curious to know a little bit more about these omnipotent vAsSaLs. Haha. cheesy

Ado was destroyed just as one man sacked your Benin kingdom territories, and even had to be appeased by your oba despite the untold destruction meted by this Yoruba man upon Benin kingdom.

Lastly, are you truly & genuinely seeking to know who beheaded your oba ozolua, or are you asking if it was or wasn’t Yoruba? smiley

These are two different questions. Please do make up your mind and be specific. Tainkiu. grin

In any case, I was actually making a mockery of you for your being ignorant of the fact that your oba was beheaded.

The humiliation of your oba (as well you too for being ignorant) is what I was particular on.

Peace!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by UGBE634: 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2021
TAO11:

Wait a second! He was summoned to fight, or he was summoned to settle a dispute.

Let’s even pretend it was an invitation to settle dispute, where in the universe do vAsSaL states make the sUzErAin come over to settle a dispute between them and not the other way round? cheesy

At this point, I’m genuinely curious to know a little bit more about this omnipotent vAsSaLs. Haha. cheesy

Ado was destroyed just as one man sacked your Benin kingdom territories, and even had to appeased by your oba despite the untold destruction brought by this Yoruba man upon Benin kingdom.

Lastly, are you truly & genuinely seeking to know who beheaded your oba ozolua, or are you asking if it was or wasn’t Yoruba? smiley

These are two different questions. Please do make up your mind and be specific. Tainkiu. grin

In any case, I was actually making a mockery of you for your being ignorant of the fact that your oba was beheaded.

The humiliation of your oba (as well you too for being ignorant) is what I was particular on.

Peace!
Believe me it is only in your head ma. I know who beheaded Ozolua,not your slowpoke tribe ma. She fought Ado, she will fight Ado ekiti in Benin ? I think I am done talking with you now and forever. Your intelligence at best is restricted to cramming of books and nothing more

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2021
UGBE634:
[s]Believe me it is only in your head ma. I know who beheaded Ozolua,not your slowpoke tribe ma[/s]
Are you actually slow, or pretending to be slow?? Lol. cheesy

At what point did I inform you or any of your fellow miscreants that a [eastern] Yoruba community [in the frontier area of Benin kingdom] beheaded your oba?

The most I have noted is that IFE alone conquered and continues to conquer the Edos for some 800 years till date and still counting.

You are conquered linguistically (to a fair extent), you are conquered politically (the Ife dynasty), you are conquered theologically (the Yoruba deities), you are conquered psychologically, etc.

I also mentioned the humiliation your oba had to face — that is, the fact that your oba had to placate and plead with Ogedengbe even after he had meted untold carnage upon your oba’s kingdom.

And I also mentioned that in the course of engaging some eastern frontier Yoruba communities in battle, Benin (even as relatively big as it is in comparison to each of these much relatively smaller communities) still recorded “important casualties on some occasions (e.g. Iken, et al.), as well as” recorded “outright loss on some occasions”.

I did make it clear in my foregoing comment that it was the “humiliation of your oba … [that] … I was particular on” with respect to the fat that your oba Ozolua was beheaded — at no point did I dwell on who was responsible, or who wasn’t.

So, stop attempting to veil your humiliation in front of me. cheesy

[s]She fought Ado, she will fight Ado ekiti in Benin ?[/s]
At this point, it’s looking like selective seeing is a real thang among Bini miscreants.

Did you (or did you not) see the part where I wrote the following words?:

You and your folks should make up your mind now or never. LMAO!
cheesy

Let’s even pretend it was an invitation to settle dispute, where in the universe do vAsSaL states make the sUzErAin come over to settle a dispute between them and not the other way round? cheesy

At this point, I’m genuinely curious to know a little bit more about these omnipotent vAsSaLs. Haha. cheesy

In other words, dispute settlement between parties does not necessarily require your oba to be summoned by his omnipotent vAsAaLs. It should have been the other way round. cheesy

[s]I think I am done talking with you now and forever.[/s]
Oh really!? cheesy Anyways, you may go and never return if you truly mean to do so. grin

[s]Your intelligence at best is restricted to cramming of books and nothing more[/s]
UGBE634 [aka OGUN622, aka, OLOKUN175, aka EKABA691], no[r] be me say ma[ke] you no[r] know book oo cheesy grin

Peace!
Cc: rhektor, nisai, nisiw365, lifeisgood12.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Christistruth00: 11:59pm On Aug 02, 2021
TAO11:
Eeya! What a pity!? I guess your oba got angry that a whole him was summoned by his own vAsSaL. LMAO! cheesy

Wait! Did you just say Oba Ozolua’s head was carefully detached from his neck?? shocked How manage? cheesy

Whenever insecure Bini miscreants get humiliated on one subject, it is their modus operandi to quietly (and cunningly) flee to another subject hoping to find consolation — only to further get humiliated again. grin

Returning prince ko, retired prince ni grin cheesy

ReTuRniNg pRiNce, yet Benin kings had to pray to IFE (and Yorubaland in general) every morning at dawn — and not the other way round. cheesy

ReTuRniNg pRiNce, yet Benin kings had Yoruba royal praise titles, viz. Adimula, ÕṣaKeji, etc. — and not the other way round. cheesy

Terrible revisionist hoping to feel funky. You better be contented with your crap-hole of a kingdom made up of Benin city and its surrounding Edoid areas. grin

In any case, your daddies’s false revisionist work has long been exposed to the world by historians. You may refer to the reference and attachment below for one example.

J. Eboreime, “Oral Traditions and the Prehistory of the Edo-Speaking People of Benin” in R. Blench & M. Spriggs, Archaeology and Language I: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations, Taylor & Francis e-Library, 2004, p. 314.

Peace!

Welcome TAO

Those who insist on lies will be shamed by it

So Izoduwa is even a 1978 Fabrication!!!

But how can people be so full of Pride to reject their own illustrious History for a Pack of lies

No wonder Oranmiyan called their Land Ile Ibinu

Even Oranmiyan their father self in anger they have changed his name to Omonoyan

In anger the People of Ile Ibinu went further and have changed Oduduwa to Izoduwa

What is Vexing them to destroy their own History ?

1 Like

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by TAO11(f): 12:29am On Aug 03, 2021
Christistruth00:
Welcome TAO

But how can people be so full of Pride to reject their own illustrious History for a Pack of lies

Even Oranmiyan their father self in anger they have changed his name to Omonoyan

In anger the People of Ile Ibinu went further and have changed Oduduwa to Izoduwa

“Izoduwa” was actually fabricated sometimes between the year 1970 and the year 1978.

The reference to 1978-9 in that attachment was when this fabrication was first pronounced to the wider Edo public during the coronation party of Erediauwa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by nisai: 6:50am On Aug 03, 2021
UGBE634:
Believe me it is only in your head ma. I know who beheaded Ozolua,not your slowpoke tribe ma. She fought Ado, she will fight Ado ekiti in Benin ? I think I am done talking with you now and forever. Your intelligence at best is restricted to cramming of books and nothing more
grin grin grin How dare u talk to my sister like that? U no get respect? If only u knew the lady behind that moniker. A professor at 20, not even of history. grin

Tao11/Tao12, abeg the lashing don do.

2 Likes

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by nisai: 6:57am On Aug 03, 2021
TAO11:

Wait a second! He was [b]summoned
to fight, or he was summoned to settle a dispute. [/b]

Let’s even pretend it was an invitation to settle a dispute, where in the universe do vAsSaL states make the sUzErAin come over to settle a dispute between them and not the other way round? cheesy

Ado was destroyed just as one man sacked your Benin kingdom territories, and even had to be appeased by your oba despite the untold destruction meted by this Yoruba man upon Benin kingdom.

Peace!
grin grin mi sha ma m gbadun re grin Iwe esan haba! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Nisiw365: 7:00am On Aug 03, 2021
Christistruth00:

Welcome TAO

Look at their dead Benin today with 4 local governments and 500k population with nothing working in the city

So they have to keep repeating manipulated stories at least to boost their dead ego and low self esteem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by nisai: 11:04am On Aug 03, 2021
Nisiw365:

Look at their dead Benin today with 4 local governments and 500k population with nothing working in the city

So they have to keep repeating manipulated stories at least to boost their dead ego and low self esteem
grin grin grin
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 12:42pm On Aug 03, 2021
Oduduwa was an invention of Samuel Johnson the oyo returnee slave who sort to unite the yoruba into one ancestory after the yoruba Civil war in 1897

Izoduwa was an edo invention of Oduduwa history who they used to counter the Oduduwa version of the yoruba history it came to be in 1970s invented by oba erediawa

Both izoduwa and Oduduwa are frictional fantasy
Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by samuk: 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
Christistruth00:

Welcome TAO

I understand your pains. The Oduduwa myth is one very important myths the Yoruba desperately want to believe to be true, but unfortunately, it's what it is, a fabrication born out of myth without historical evidence backing it.

Benin/Ife history was concocted after the fall of Benin empire in 1897.

There were no mention of Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan in the eyewitness documented Benin history between 1400s to 1800s. I have severally challenged TAO11 to show such evidence but I suspect I may have to wait until the chicken grows teeth before she can find such evidence.

In summary:

1. There wasn't Benin/Ife relationship in Benin history until 1897, after the fall of Benin empire.

2. Between 1400s to 1890 vast parts of Yoruba land was either directly or indirectly ruled, colonised or influenced by Benin. The other parts such as Ilorin was under the Fulani.

3. The first time the Europeans visited the hinterland of Yoruba was 1824. The Alaafin of Oyo was the leader of Yoruba people, not the Ooni of Ife.

4. Any history of Yoruba before 1824 largely centred around the coastline of Yoruba not the hinterland.

5. The current Benin/Ife connection is purely political history not back up by historical evidence.

6. There are only two great kingdoms in Nigeria, Benin and Fulani's Sokoto caliphate. Benin dominated the Nigeria space for over 500 years. The Fulani took over in the 1800s and still nominating.

7. The Ooni is not even the spiritual leader of most Yoruba people. The Yoruba people being mostly muslims, the Sultan of Sokoto who have to sight the moon before the commencement of Islamic festivities in Nigeria is the spiritual leader of more than half the population of Yoruba people.

8. Yoruba were once under Benin, today they are under the Fulani.

I know how you guys desperately want the Oba of Benin to be Yoruba, but sorry to break your heart, he is not Yoruba and has no Yoruba ancestry.

The Yoruba are not the only ones claiming the Oba of Benin, the Igbo and Igala also have their claims. We only hear more of the Yoruba claims because you guys are more vocal with your claim.

TAO11 opinions and assumptions doesn't amount to history, I am not interested in any of her shenanigans unless she can show me evidence in either Benin or Yoruba history before 1824 that says the Oba of Benin was related to Yoruba.

Yoruba hinterland eyewitness historical accounts may be relatively young haven't only began in 1824 compared to Benin, there are avalanches of Benin eyewitnesses historical accounts spanning over 400 years for TAO11 and any other Yoruba to research and provide evidences of Benin/Ife relationship before 1824.

No matter how long a lie is told, it can never become truth. Unless you guys can provide historical evidence backing your claims, you guys can continue to wallow in your lies.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Christistruth00: 4:17pm On Aug 03, 2021
samuk:

I understand your pains. The Oduduwa myth is one very important myths the Yoruba desperately want to believe to be true, but unfortunately, it's what it is, a fabrication born out of myth without historical evidence backing it.

Benin/Ife history was concocted after the fall of Benin empire in 1897.

There were no mention of Ife, Oduduwa and Oranmiyan in the eyewitness documented Benin history between 1400s to 1800s. I have severally challenged TAO11 to show such evidence but I suspect I may have to wait until the chicken grows teeth before she can find such evidence.

In summary:

1. There wasn't Benin/Ife relationship in Benin history until 1897, after the fall of Benin empire.

2. Between 1400s to 1890 vast parts of Yoruba land was either directly or indirectly ruled, colonised or influenced by Benin. The other parts such as Ilorin was under the Fulani.

3. The first time the Europeans visited the hinterland of Yoruba was 1824. The Alaafin of Oyo was the leader of Yoruba people, not the Ooni of Ife.

4. Any history of Yoruba before 1824 largely centred around the coastline of Yoruba not the hinterland.

5. The current Benin/Ife connection is purely political history not back up by historical evidence.

6. There are only two great kingdoms in Nigeria, Benin and Fulani's Sokoto caliphate. Benin dominated the Nigeria space for over 500 years. The Fulani took over in the 1800s and still nominating.

7. The Ooni is not even the spiritual leader of most Yoruba people. The Yoruba people being mostly muslims, the Sultan of Sokoto who have to sight the moon before the commencement of Islamic festivities in Nigeria is the spiritual leader of more than half the population of Yoruba people.

8. Yoruba were once under Benin, today they are under the Fulani.

I know how you guys desperately want the Oba of Benin to be Yoruba, but sorry to break your heart, he is not Yoruba and has no Yoruba ancestry.

The Yoruba are not the only ones claiming the Oba of Benin, the Igbo and Igala also have their claims. We only hear more of the Yoruba claims because you guys are more vocal with your claim.

TAO11 opinions and assumptions doesn't amount to history, I am not interested in any of her shenanigans unless she can show me evidence in either Benin or Yoruba history before 1824 that says the Oba of Benin was related to Yoruba.

Yoruba hinterland eyewitness historical accounts may be relatively young haven't only began in 1824 compared to Benin, there are avalanches of Benin eyewitnesses historical accounts spanning over 400 years for TAO11 and any other Yoruba to research and provide evidences of Benin/Ife relationship before 1824.

No matter how long a lie is told, it can never become truth. Unless you guys can provide historical evidence backing your claims, you guys can continue to wallow in your lies.

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by Christistruth00: 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
grin

Re: The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins by gregyboy(m): 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2021

4 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

Which Top Ten African Countries to you Contribute To The Image Of Africa Today? / Alaafin Presents Car To Journalist Sanni Agboola / Ebenezer Tunde Omobobami Begs Police To Stop Him From Being Ogun Chief Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.