Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,761 members, 7,798,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) (18581 Views)

Bose Ogulu: Burna Boy’s Mother Organised A 29th Birthday Surprise For Him / Fela Lying On Top Of Bose Ogulu, Burna Boy's Mother On Stage (Throwback Photo) / Bose Ogulu Wears Cleavage-Baring Dress, Steps Out With Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
I won't say what i was suppose to say because na second page i land
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by Twelfthman: 4:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
Just respect Love is not needed
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by DonBenny77(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

What is this Fela used and dumped woman feeling like.

If people don't like you, how will the possibly respect you.
Idiot respect comes from admiration or fear
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by iLegendd(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

If someone doesn't like you or respect you, as long as you're dangerous or appear to be, the person will fear you.

To me, being feared is better than being liked or respected.

1 Like

Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by aBrokeRichDude: 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2021
azraeljaheel:

How do you guys post like this...

SMH... Imagine someone saying this about your mum undecided

Na pikin full this forum now

Na now u dey find out Not just kids, kids with no brain to even reason before typing

1 Like

Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by DonBenny77(m): 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

Dem marry your mama as virgin?
Only God knows what used and dumped her

1 Like

Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by Victoria938(f): 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2021
Very correct
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by 9jaRealist: 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
BobbieZion:
Me I prefer to be feared than liked or respected.

Like SARS? grin grin

Anyway, it’s the typical trait of virtually every Nigerian politician and teacher. SMH
>
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
The mother of a real niggarr
Everytime I see ur comment my belle dey worry me...
Guy u too talk nonsense. Try learn to shut up once in a while make u 4 see cash hold.

Fvxking talkative .. u just dey shame fellow Edoites 4 here ...

U now behave like those bitch yoruba people

1 Like

Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by BizBayo: 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2021
This is so me
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by 9jaRealist: 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2021
Soolmus:
Now we can see where burna thug's arrogance come from
olaolulazio:
Pride.
Like mother like son.

Sexist (insecure) Nigerian men....
Doubtful that a confident man would be tagged “arrogant” or “proud”.

Anyway, when people resort to ad hominem personal attacks...
It merely betrays a lack of a substantive counter-argument (or a “thug” upbringing grin)
>
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by Melancholy(m): 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
blinking001:
For crying out loud...Burna boy is not the first African to Win the Grammys na...what's up with the pride and busy body na...I don't like that dudes character at all...jealousy, hatred, pride and stupidity are the few qualities one can easily be associated with that black ugly looking tout....evidence of a dysfunctional family...instead of his mom to train him with the right morals she was busy shaking her yansh upandan for lord FELA to wife her up..stupid woman.
In fact, he is not the first Nigerian!!!
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by pacespot(m): 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
If people actually love you, they will respect you too. Anybody who's claiming to love you but doesn't respect you is a fake.

Omoh this woman and burna boy na carbon copies o
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by mrfizy(m): 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good old Macciavelli was and is still right.
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

Make una stop dis nonesense talk already. This woman was never a Fela dancer. Or are some people trying to use back door to claim Burna? Only one Felicia Idonije was a Fela back up singer and this was back in the mid 70s when Bose was in primary school.

1 Like

Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by Urban9aira: 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2021
Who cares ?
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by kayjay69(m): 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2021
No worry, whatever she said, judging by your response I am certain it was not meant for you.
Anigreat:
shocked

If people don't like you, how will they possibly respect you.
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2021
9jaRealist:

And yet achieves and lives like a real queen....
Meanwhile, you sound challenged, so let’s hope you look different. grin
>
On my worst day I look better than this POS. All the so called money and she still looks like a horse's ass. LOL

[img]https://media1./images/1aaab98b112d0fc8ff2156c247a8ffdc/tenor.gif?itemid=18513725[/img]
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by kayjay69(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2021
She has some validity to her views and I feel it is especially relevant to us as Nigerians and Africans by extension, who are often moved by emotion rather than be brutally honest with ourselves.

The world is designed in such a way that, it does not matter if you are a good person, what matters first to anyone is what value you bring, your competence, what you can deliver, only then will people respect you and whether they like you afterward is only secondary. Ofcourse this does not apply in all cases, such as if you are dealing with a racist or a tribalist but no doubt in an environment that values and rewards merit, what she said is absolutely true.

On the surface what she is saying will never resonate with the shallow minded, but in reality if you have been through life enough, you will understand what she is saying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by AuroraB(f): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2021
dollytino4real:
she looks like Shan George! or are they related?
Thought so till she speaks lipsrsealed
Her lips when speaking is angry sad
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by 2DADDEY: 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
Fela former cumbox angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
RuddyFusion:
Valid point there
Na legit yarnings o..
E dey pain me say most NIGGGAs just yarn okpata on top the matter so far..
Like/love is sometimes akin to pity.....
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
Olarewaju89:
Nonsense undecided

Attitudes can be improved, if we learn the secret.
What's the secret, Sir? I need to learn..
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by kingbee90: 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

If Fela had forked your mama during his active days in music, you would have been bragging about it till this day.
In life, people fear & respect what they don't understand. People hate Buhari cuz he is wicked & a dullard but same people tremble when they shake his hands.

1 Like

Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

You must be a wasted illiterate, people like you, with such bitter mouth. don't go far in life. Foolish being angry
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by Toearn: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good fir her
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by Cleanworld(f): 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hey, Madam look here undecided take

RESPECT IS EARNED WORK FOR IT. grin grin

Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by shogsman(m): 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2021
blinking001:
For crying out loud...Burna boy is not the first African to Win the Grammys na...what's up with the pride and busy body na...I don't like that dudes character at all...jealousy, hatred, pride and stupidity are the few qualities one can easily be associated with that black ugly looking tout....evidence of a dysfunctional family...instead of his mom to train him with the right morals she was busy shaking her yansh upandan for lord FELA to wife her up..stupid woman.
infact he is even the first or second Nigerian to win it.this family is just doing too much.
wizkid won too and we don't hear him shouting up and down,soweto choir has 2 Grammys and 5 nominations, baba adepoju has 2 Grammys,angelique, seal etc all has Grammys and this fools don't want us to have peace again. I used to like burna boy but his family are becoming a nuisance now.
grammy that some people have won 28times.
Georgs solti has 31 Grammys I don't think anyone here knows what he looks like
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by shogsman(m): 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2021
iLegendd:

If someone doesn't like you or respect you, as long as you're dangerous or appear to be, the person will fear you.

To me, being feared is better than being liked or respected.

see mumu analogy, true love and respect comes from being liked,if you don't know that by now you are not old enough to own a phone
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by Bridget95(f): 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

That woman is better and more relevant than all fela's wives put together.
Re: Bose Ogulu: I Prefer To Be Respected Than Liked — Burna Boy’s Mum (Video) by iLegendd(m): 5:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
shogsman:

see mumu analogy, true love and respect comes from being liked,if you don't know that by now you are not old enough to own a phone

Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh: "There Is No Excuse Under The Face Of The Earth To Hit A Woman" / Dakore Egbuson Akande Stuns In New Photos / Styl-Plus: Is Zeal Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.