Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Here's Why God Do Not Select Marriage Partners For His Children - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here's Why God Do Not Select Marriage Partners For His Children (249 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wedding Anniversary Of His Children / Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here's Why God Do Not Select Marriage Partners For His Children by Emmachimu: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
Recently I read a post on social media about a lady who claimed that God revealed to her the man she is getting married to, she said it with all conviction to the point that she told her listeners to write down the date of which she was making that statement and then watch out for the fulfillment of the revelation.

Fortunately and unfortunately for her, the young man just released a pre-wedding picture and to the amazement of some, he was getting married to another lady not the sister with the revelation.

I know some of you may be wondering why I used the word 'fortunately and unfortunately'. I will explain.

Fortunately in the terms that God saved her from getting married to the wrong man. Had it been she pushed it through by her strength, probably she may have gotten married to the man just as many ladies today are wrongly married as a result of such ignorance. So, fortunately for her, she didn't discover what would have been a lifetime error late. She still has a chance to make a correct selection of life time partners. Then, unfortunately for her, on the ground that the shame of the public announcement she made months back before her mates may taunt her for sometime, but I pray she comes out of it quickly. Amen.

Now, there have been instances of ladies falling victims of such ignorance. Some ladies went into marriage because their pastor or prophet told them that God said so and so man is their husband/wife, some went into marriage based on dreams, some went into marriage based on casting lots.

Talking of dreams, there are many factors that can manipulate dreams, your mind can manipulate dreams, even the devil can project a dream to you if he sees that you have made a particular person a domineering thought of your mind. Satan can deliberately project that same person to you in the dream to make sure that your marriage is started off on a wrong foundation.

The Bible says “if the foundation is faulty, what can the righteous do?”

Now, speaking of your Prophet or pastors making a choice for you, the question should be, on what standard or ground are they selecting the partner for you, is it on the standard of God's word or revelation from God? Sadly today, some so-called pastors do arrange with a brother to get a wife for them, vice versa. Some will even go as far as making sure that you get married to a member of the church so as not to lose a member. So, even your pastors should not form the foundation of your conviction for a life partner. Why it is not good to totally depend on their choice is because the man of God is first a 'man' before he becomes of 'God'. So, if a man of God should tell you that God said so and so sister and brother is your husband or wife, kindly tell the man of God to tell God to give you a personal conviction, God is not the author of confusion. And, marriage is too long to live on a shallow conviction. Your conviction should be firmly rooted. I hope I'm communicating?

Now, there can be cases where God will particularly reveal to you a lifetime partner, now this kind of reunion happens for a specific divinely orchestrated reason. And please note: If God should reveal a partner to you, don't stress it, don't even talk about it as a lady, allow God to reveal the same to the man. If it is the God that I know, He is so orderly and professional in matching partners, so He knows how to reveal His will to both partners. Beloved, don't help God. However, such cases are rare. Very rare, I will tell you why.

Some Reasons why God won't select a partner for you.

Firstly, one of the freedoms God gave to man is freedom of choice. God created man with the liberty to choose what he wants, God won't mandate His Choice on us. He will rather make us see reasons to make a right choice but He won't make that choice for us. Doing so would be infringing on the right He gave to us. Now think on this for a moment; there's no weightier matter about us that concerns God so deeply than our salvation, I mean to say, among all God could desire for us, it will be that we all be saved. This was why He went as far as sending Jesus His son to die. Can you now imagine that despite how important our salvation is to God, yet He is not making the choice of salvation for us. He still allowed us to voluntarily make that choice ourselves, why do you now think that God would leave such a weighty matter and rather be choosing life partners for us?

Secondly, God will not choose a partner for you because if He does, that means He will take the blame if anything should go wrong in that marriage. You saw what happened in Eden, when Adam disobeyed God, then God asked him why, he immediately pushed the blame to God.

And the man said, The woman whom You gave to be with me—she gave me [fruit] from the tree, and I ate.

So, it has been proven in the nature of man to always look for who to push blame to when things go wrong. God wouldn't put Himself in that situation. After the incidence of Adam and Eve, the law has been, 'He that finds a wife'. God is not the one to do the finding for you, you have to find your partner yourself and then come before God and receive His favour.

Now the question is, what role will God play on the selection of a partner?

Before I will go ahead to answer this question, let me first of all answer the question, what role are we to play individually in finding a partner, when we know our role, it will help us to stay out of the way for God to do His part.

Now, let's read a few places in the scriptures concerning the marriage of Abraham's son.

Gen.24.3 - and I will make you swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and the God of the earth, that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell;
Gen.24.4 - but you shall go to my country and to my family, and take a wife for my son Isaac."

Firstly, before involving God in your search for a life partner, you must be sure that your eye is not on the daughters of the Canaanites. God strictly warns us not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. 2 Corinthians 6:1

This means, firstly you must have the blueprint of what you want for a partner, based on your purpose and mission on earth. You must be intentional about whose daughters or sons you're to select your marriage partner from. When this is settled correctly, then you go ahead and pray to God to lead you to the right person.

What role will God play? God will lead you, He will order your steps and guide you in selecting a good partner.

If at the end of your search, you didn't proclaim like the servant of Abraham in Gen.24.27 - And he said, "Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken His mercy and His truth toward my master. As for me, being on the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren."

So please, now that you have the correct picture, test every prophecy, revelation and dream concerning a life partner and be sure it doesn't violate God's standard and save yourself from a lifetime mistake. God bless you!!
Re: Here's Why God Do Not Select Marriage Partners For His Children by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2021
Emmachimu:
Why it is not good to totally depend on their choice is because the man of God is first a 'man' before he becomes of 'God'. So, if a man of God should tell you that God said so and so sister and brother is your husband or wife, kindly tell the man of God to tell God to give you a personal conviction, God is not the author of confusion. And, marriage is too long to live on a shallow conviction. Your conviction should be firmly rooted. I hope I'm communicating?
Since Jesus Christ declares that your marriages are not of His Kingdom, why do you even give credence to the idea of MoGs picking mates for individuals when neither Jesus Christ nor God assigned them such authority by His Word(Jesus Christ)? undecided
Emmachimu:
Now, there can be cases where God will particularly reveal to you a lifetime partner, now this kind of reunion happens for a specific divinely orchestrated reason. And please note: If God should reveal a partner to you, don't stress it, don't even talk about it as a lady, allow God to reveal the same to the man. If it is the God that I know, He is so orderly and professional in matching partners, so He knows how to reveal His will to both partners. Beloved, don't help God. However, such cases are rare. Very rare, I will tell you why.
So, you submit that God does do what you created this thread claiming He doesn't do?
Emmachimu:
Some Reasons why God won't select a partner for you.
Firstly, one of the freedoms God gave to man is freedom of choice. God created man with the liberty to choose what he wants, God won't mandate His Choice on us. He will rather make us see reasons to make a right choice but He won't make that choice for us. Doing so would be infringing on the right He gave to us. Now think on this for a moment; there's no weightier matter about us that concerns God so deeply than our salvation, I mean to say, among all God could desire for us, it will be that we all be saved. This was why He went as far as sending Jesus His son to die. Can you now imagine that despite how important our salvation is to God, yet He is not making the choice of salvation for us. He still allowed us to voluntarily make that choice ourselves, why do you now think that God would leave such a weighty matter and rather be choosing life partners for us?
undecided
Emmachimu:
Secondly, God will not choose a partner for you because if He does, that means He will take the blame if anything should go wrong in that marriage. You saw what happened in Eden, when Adam disobeyed God, then God asked him why, he immediately pushed the blame to God.

And the man said, The woman whom You gave to be with me—she gave me [fruit] from the tree, and I ate.

So, it has been proven in the nature of man to always look for who to push blame to when things go wrong. God wouldn't put Himself in that situation. After the incidence of Adam and Eve, the law has been, 'He that finds a wife'. God is not the one to do the finding for you, you have to find your partner yourself and then come before God and receive His favour.
So, did God say anywhere in Genesis that because Adam blamed His choice of Eve for his partner, that He God, would no longer choose partners for other men, or did you arrive at this conclusion all on your own? undecided
Emmachimu:
Now the question is, what role will God play in the selection of a partner?

Before I will go ahead to answer this question, let me first of all answer the question, what role are we to play individually in finding a partner, when we know our role, it will help us to stay out of the way for God to do His part.

Now, let's read a few places in the scriptures concerning the marriage of Abraham's son.

Gen.24.3 - and I will make you swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and the God of the earth, that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell;
Gen.24.4 - but you shall go to my country and to my family, and take a wife for my son Isaac."

Firstly, before involving God in your search for a life partner, you must be sure that your eye is not on the daughters of the Canaanites.
Did God Himself declare that we should do it according to Abraham's example or are you again, jumping to a conclusion here? undecided
God never declared it be done a certain/particular way, so why are you doing that for God? undecided
Emmachimu:
God strictly warns us not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. 2 Corinthians 6:1
These are the words attributed to the man called Paul, not God or Jesus Christ.
Emmachimu:
This means, firstly you must have the blueprint of what you want for a partner, based on your purpose and mission on earth. You must be intentional about whose daughters or sons you're to select your marriage partner from. When this is settled correctly, then you go ahead and pray to God to lead you to the right person.
God, even though Jesus Christ, never laid down such commandments/rules. So why do you suppose you can do this where God has left it up to individuals to choose as they will? undecided
Emmachimu:
What role will God play? God will lead you, He will order your steps and guide you in selecting a good partner.
If at the end of your search, you didn't proclaim like the servant of Abraham in Gen.24.27 - And he said, "Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken His mercy and His truth toward my master. As for me, being on the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren."
So please, now that you have the correct picture, test every prophecy, revelation and dream concerning a life partner and be sure it doesn't violate God's standard and save yourself from a lifetime mistake. God bless you!!
Again, where did God declare that we must follow after the example of Abraham in this or anything else? undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? / Leg Growing Out Miracle / Can You Pay The Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.