Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,001 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? (1503 Views)

Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Media Watch International Condemns The SUN Newspaper Over Biased Reporting / Cnn Biased Reporting In Lebanon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by natialo(m): 6:19am On Apr 17, 2011
Please is it only me or does anyone else think sahara reporters is overtly biased in its reporting. I think media houses/websites should try to exhibit a little objectivity>>
Just checking or maybe its just me
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by EkoIle1: 6:26am On Apr 17, 2011
They are biased because their reporting doesn't jive with your views and sentiments right?

Where were you folks when SR was leading the fight against Yaradua's kitchen cabinet on behalf of GEJ?

Abegt get a life and a sound dose of rationality,
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by ektbear: 6:26am On Apr 17, 2011
Sahara and Next are some of the better naija newspaper, imo (guardian and vanguard also are good.) Both seem to be pretty anti-establishment, though.
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by natialo(m): 6:35am On Apr 17, 2011
@Eko Ile, I just asked a question, you dont have to sound so frustrated?

Anyways Nigeria will get better
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by efisher(m): 7:05am On Apr 17, 2011
Fact: Sahara reporters are very biased in their reporting.
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by warrior01: 8:47am On Apr 17, 2011
the fact remains that sahara reporters only cook up stories to tarnish anyone that doesn't belong to their camp. the worst form of journalism
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by 13volts(m): 9:11am On Apr 17, 2011
People especially from the south are so used to reading stuffs that are anti north anti hausa anti islam to the extend they find any news to the contrary offensive, fake, unproven and most of all strange. The same Sahara led the way during the yaradua saga. I stoped buying Nigeria dailies following an outrageous news printed by the Sun.
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by dapachez: 9:24am On Apr 17, 2011
Fact of the matter is that all newspapers and television stations,even radio stations in nigeria are guilty ethnic,religious and political affilliations and bias. no one can be spared and once a contrary view is presented to the general norm we cry foul. we all know nation newspaper,TVC and radio continental is ACN biased, Silverbird and rhythm 97.3 is PDP biased, Tribune newspaper west biased, punch newspaper southern biased in relation to the north,daily trust is north biased against south and it goes on and on so sahara reporters is not alone
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by aduboy(m): 10:34am On Apr 17, 2011
Saharareporters remains the only voice of the oppressed and the voiceless in Nigeria. They give news that is never suitable to the usual Nigerian system and government in power. I believe justice,fairness and truth has been their watch word in their reports. Kudos Saharareporters.
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by Mariory(m): 11:55am On Apr 17, 2011
The problem with Sahara reporters IMO is that they do not attempt to verify stories rumours they hear before printing.
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by natialo(m): 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
Yes, @dapachez and 13volts, I agree that all/most media houses have a little affiliation or bias, but I think they should still try a little to verify stories before printing, I stopped reading Nigerian Tribune for the same reason, I just think if people keep reading that kind of news, they will only come up with a certain kind of mindset.

Journalism should be about fair reporting and I think Channels and Guardian are doing a good job
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by liquid7: 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2011
sahars reporters were very important when the fiasco happened that saw GEJ become president.
they are at least more free and less biased then anything based in nigeria.
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by badblood13(m): 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2011
yes they are Biased!! Very Biased reporting.
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by ayo84(m): 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
Now they are biased, were they biased when they exosed turai and her antics, I clearly remember sahara reporters were one of the media organisations that gave nigerians the news that motivated people to fight for gooslucks acting presiedency
Re: Sahara Reporters? Biased Reporting? by obailala(m): 11:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
The wind cannot blow in your direction all the time. Saharareporters have a policy of beaming their searchlight on the government of the day and

exposing their flaws. They have always done this and Nigerians enjoyed the site until the coming of GEJ who is a president loved by many. You

cannot expect SR to change their lifelong policy simply because u like the present govt.

If u feel offended by their "biased" reporting towards GEJ and his govt, i suggest u stick with Thisday and co until whenever GEJ leaves power.

(1) (Reply)

50 Questions For Olusegun Mimiko / The Financial Implications Of Managing The N43,000 Idps In Delta State. / Wierd: Giant Bat Upto The Height Of A Man Found In Peru... PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.