Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse (44899 Views)

I Have Decided To Marry Her Corpse / They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by firstratedcitiz(m): 11:08am On Mar 31, 2021
The so-called paramilitary group which the man in the story works for may just be a cover for a clandestine cartel harvesting and selling human organs. Or may be not. What do I know?

2 Likes

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Antidotte: 11:08am On Mar 31, 2021
James4358:
i was present at university of calabar teaching hospital where test where carried out on his son, he was nt compatible. The other son is diabetic and was nt fit medically for a transplant. People donate kidneys even for free, u need to be exposed to knw this facts.

Why didnt you donate yours?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by jrusky(m): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2021
Young man I think to save the smoke pls tell us nothing but the truth.

You said you are cadet? I guess you know the code of conduct and the rule? I came from a military home and since you are a cadet as you said undiluted is truth is require from you.

From all indications and with my experience I noticed something not right in all your explanation.

I noticed foul play.
I noticed manipulation.
I notice trace of holding someone against his or her will.
I noticed power play in the whole thing.

Naturally there is no way your girlfriend will be that adamant to take such risk for your boss and not for you her boyfriend, not for her own friend, not for her own family but for the boss of her boyfriend pls think about that statement yourself does sound straight and logical?

Suddenly that same her parent that refused initially agreed and when the girl now died they are compelling you to marry her dead body. Young man that sound absurd better say the truth than put yourself and your boss in more trouble.

If no foul play there is no way they will asked you to marry her corpse because she was not living with you and she was just your girlfriend according to you so are you telling me the Efik Ibibio are so unintelligent and crude to tell you to marry dead body who was not living with you but just girlfriend? So what of she died of road accident so Efik will tell you to marry her That sound weird and incorrect.

All I know in area such culture is practise is if you live with a woman as wife in same house and have kids for you and you have not pay her dowry and she died you might face such issue but not on boyfriend and girlfriend matter not even living in the same house nor same state.
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by 99thEnemy(m): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2021
JudgeKronos:
18 years old strong-willed for someone she barely knew ?
You brought her in 2019 and she gave her kidney in 2020 in an offshore hospital ..?
Your so called Boss even hired another maid then left all of them and traveled out..?
Wait.... you brought an 18yrs old girl to a male Boss whose wife died years ago...?
.... and in your statement you said the girl donated her kidney out of love ...?

Bros, go and sleep , you will be fine tomorrow morning.
Alcohol has 2 after effects .. the hangover and the withdrawal syndrome...
Like I said you will be fine tomorrow morning

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Taylordedon(m): 11:17am On Mar 31, 2021
Ops get it straight please, the Efiks and cross river state as a whole won't ask you to marry the dead, It's strictly the traditions of the Ibibio people and other parts of the state....

And please that warning should not be taken lightly, do the needful or you will not live to tell the story.. least I forget.....!

you will pay every dime to the last penny, it's time to cash out................be careful my friend, the Ibibio's are highly highly diabolical

1 Like

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by weddingchannels: 11:17am On Mar 31, 2021
Righteous2 has given you the best advice, befortified both spiritualy by the Lord Jesus and physically by the police or Army.
If really all this is true, It's Not your fault.
Be wise and Your Boss Should compensate the family well.
James4358:
My nairaland family, i jst want to bare my mind here.

Matured responses will be sincerely appreciated. I'll try to be brief & straight to the points.

Precisely in 2019, I helped my then boss who was transfered to Abuja to get a maid from the south south part of the country, calabar to be precise. She was 18yrs at that time. Later that year, my boss who was nursing a kidney ailment needed transplant urgently. Out of love, this girl opted to help donate one of her kidneys. Personaly I kicked against the idea when she told me, but she was strong-willed. I took the matter to her parents and they threatened to hold me responsible if anything happened to their daughter. After much persuasion from her, her parents gave in reluctantly. We carried out series of tests & she was certified fit to donate. My boss contacted a German hospital that later did the transplant. I work for a para-millitary agency as a cadet A.S.P & i call him My boss because he was heading the command i was first posted to. More details below...

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Altimatic27: 11:21am On Mar 31, 2021
James4358:
Thanks so much. My boss is coming down tommorrow. He traveled for a mandatory course for officers at his rank. He earns alot from the govt & using anyone for ritual purpose would amount to nothing.

Never vouch for anyone at 29 you still a kid

2 Likes

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by rafosky1: 11:23am On Mar 31, 2021
Do you have any evidence to back up what you have written especially regarding her consent and that of her family to go ahead with the transplant? If you don't , then you are lucky that they are only telling you to marry the corpse and not pressing charges.

If marrying the corpse is the price you have to pay, by all means go ahead. The only spiritual consequences are those that you allow your imagination to spin on your mind. Nothing go do you.

quote author=James4358 post=100342369]My nairaland family, i jst want to bare my mind here.

Matured responses will be sincerely appreciated. I'll try to be brief & straight to the points.

Precisely in 2019, I helped my then boss who was transfered to Abuja to get a maid from the south south part of the country, calabar to be precise. She was 18yrs at that time. Later that year, my boss who was nursing a kidney ailment needed transplant urgently. Out of love, this girl opted to help donate one of her kidneys. Personaly I kicked against the idea when she told me, but she was strong-willed. I took the matter to her parents and they threatened to hold me responsible if anything happened to their daughter. After much persuasion from her, her parents gave in reluctantly. We carried out series of tests & she was certified fit to donate. My boss contacted a German hospital that later did the transplant. I work for a para-millitary agency as a cadet A.S.P & i call him My boss because he was heading the command i was first posted to. More details below...

[/quote]
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Barrywilly(m): 11:23am On Mar 31, 2021
God bless the family. Next time, you will should do proper things at the proper time
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Altimatic27: 11:24am On Mar 31, 2021
Wittyduchess:
Did your boss' kidney fail all of a sudden? that he needed transplant?

what are the odds that the kidney of his kids , cousins , nieces , nephews on both his side and his late wife's side didn't match and by sheer luck a random maid just happen to match and in less than 12 months she was determined and strong willed to give out her organ?

Also you cannot conclude that the girl didn't die of kidney complications. If the work load for the remaining kidney was too much, all it needs is 24 months to give way.

I am very curious to know if she was rewarded by you or your boss for giving out her kidney,please tell us.

The same way this guy is trying to say people donate their kidney for free that's how he talked to her that there is nothing wrong with donating a kidney you are a smart guy my man but this is just above you now

3 Likes

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Altimatic27: 11:24am On Mar 31, 2021
James4358:
Its not an issue of being poor. She needed a job like all of us do. She never died of kidney complication. Its nearly 2yrs since the transplant was carried out in germany.

Guy na u kill am you acted as a scout for you boss to get a victim

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Altimatic27: 11:26am On Mar 31, 2021
Wittyduchess:
Did your boss' kidney fail all of a sudden? that he needed transplant?

what are the odds that the kidney of his kids , cousins , nieces , nephews on both his side and his late wife's side didn't match and by sheer luck a random maid just happen to match and in less than 12 months she was determined and strong willed to give out her organ?

Also you cannot conclude that the girl didn't die of kidney complications. If the work load for the remaining kidney was too much, all it needs is 24 months to give way.

I am very curious to know if she was rewarded by you or your boss for giving out her kidney,please tell us.

Smart questions... You Neva Sabi Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by GOOOGLE504(m): 11:35am On Mar 31, 2021
Puloc:
I've carefully read your story here and the comments and I have come up with some conclusions that are likely to be true;
It highly seems to me like what yr boss wanted all along was a kidney donor. He's a rich man whose afraid to die and leave his wealth. He's desperate for survival and he may have or may not have put u on the know about his intentions. Note he has family members who are attached to him more than the girl that could have helped him. He has dozens of other options to buy this kidney from human harvesters and other sources but he's not a dirty guy, he wanted to do things the right normal way - a donor. And he needed a donor who might be easily influenced by money, deceived emotionally or ignorantly coerced - a young naive girl. The real issue could not have been to have her as a maid but to give the poor girl time enough to get attached with ur boss l, have some good feelings for him and develop some strong pity and resentment for his medical condition. I'm sure she was introduced that idea to and carefully made to see it as harmless and rewarding being that it will be done abroad. Note, no body gives out his/her organ to strangers rich or poor except it's a family member at stake or the don't regard their lives anymore. It's not common. There usually side effects of kidney transplant and healthy lifestyles u must live on till u die naturally. U couldn't expect a poor girl to follow this.
Now let me ask, Who gave her d idea of kidney transplant? Was she promised financial reward for this job? Wat was the agreement to this deal? did u tell her the side effects of kidney transplant? how did u know this girl enough to recommend her for a job, was it a informal relationship btw u and her or was it formal?
Your boss: Why did he accept transplant from this girl, a poor maid? did he seek and obtain the permission of her parents in written documents? wat did he promise her as reward for the donation? wat was his relationship with this girl?

It's obvious there are many hidden pieces from OP's story or maybe he doesn't know all.

Those people threatening him believe he has a direct hand in the poor girl's death for some reasons he did not include. If he didn't have a hand, maybe someone else did (e.g your boss) and you are the one they can hold responsible.

On the other hand, if OP is telling the truth, then he needs to really pray and take legal actions fast. He is gradually getting implicated.

Do not overtrust your boss, you never know someone completely.

If your boss is guilty and investigations are revealing he has things to hide, he might throw you under the bus.

God sees all and He will judge everyone accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Nicerazor(m): 11:38am On Mar 31, 2021
Good morning sir, I have took my time to read the whole story and I must admit it didn’t hold water. In Davido’s voice something fishy is going on.
I’m an investigator and when I see a cooked up story I know one.
You scout for a maid for him in 2019 and in 2020 she donated her kidney for your boss.

TIME FRAME:
How will a total stranger suddenly like your boss within the space of 1 year to the extent of donating a kidney?

INTENTION
What evidence do you have to show there was a consensus btw the parties involved? The maid, your boss, her parents and you,the scout.

An individual of 18 yrs has assumed the age of criminal responsibility ( you should know better) such it must be proven beyond reasonable doubt that she consented.

Poverty no go die well, your boss must have brainwashed the little girl with juicy offers and mouth watering promises, telling her she is young and can cope with one kidney and well taken care of. The girl remembering where she came from and what she left at home, she had no option than to give up.
What if there is another side to this story, and only the deceased girl can tell it?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Gobdddd(m): 11:38am On Mar 31, 2021
Didn't you hear where he said he works?

Paramilitary.
Na dem de carry gun nah.
Human death is nothing to them. So I don't blame him. That's the orientation they have in their camp.

For me, I suspect that, since the boss was single, she could have fall in love with him.

Possibly, with an eye on the old man's properties.
Unfortunately, she couldn't make it.

Why would a maid give her kidney to her boss that just pay her salary, say, #50k monthly.

Besides, where is the Oga again in the picture?

You didn't say anything about him again. Or do you mean you now want to marry her, despite not being the one who lured her into giving her kidney?

Bro, you are not telling us the truth.

When you are ready to talk, you come and talk to us.

Ok.

veave:
Hmm. Hope no be African Magic series be this

Having read this story, I feel something fishy went down. I put it to you that you guys kept looking for naive and gullible house help until you got the perfect person who's kidneys matched. So you're trying to say that in all the 300million plus people in Nigeria, you just randomly picked one person as domestic staff and boom, you got a donor? Search yourself Mr man. What is even surprising me is that you sound so casual about a whole human life lost. All you're still thinking is yourself and what would happen to you if you do or do not perform the said rites.

How convinient for your Boss to run away and leave the mess for you to clean up.

Kai!!! God will punish poverty!!!
God punish poverty!!!
God punish poverty!!!

1 Like

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by ImaIma1(f): 11:47am On Mar 31, 2021
James4358:
Stop being shallow minded. Not every happening u'll termed as being occultic or related to money ritual. Do u knw the salary structure of an Assistant Comptroller of correction? I bliv u dnt.

A lot of people have a cloaed mindset and only have the ability to think only one way. They always like to believe the worst. Identify them on this thread and know peace.
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Myself2(m): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2021
Hmmmmm, why do I strongly feel the OP has not told us the whole story truthfully ??
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by AnaCheks(m): 11:49am On Mar 31, 2021
James4358:
Thanks so much. My boss is coming down tommorrow. He traveled for a mandatory course for officers at his rank. He earns alot from the govt & using anyone for ritual purpose would amount to nothing.
No matter what happens, don't go alone. Your Boss should accompany you to the parents house.
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Funkeshuga(m): 11:50am On Mar 31, 2021
what I see is a wicked person trying to paint himself good

at first he said when the lady agreed to do it, she informed him and he refuse to assent to it somewhat of reporting to her parents, in another contradictory defence he said after much of persuasion, the word persuasion means begging to give inn, why not dissuasion?

your boss personally lured you to do something silly to someone's daughter all because of their predicament and you accepted? would you have allow her to donate if she's your blood sister? very wicked man

if you like go marry her corpse, the lady you will marry next will suffer for it because the lady blood is stained in your hands

you better appealed to the family, sponsored her burial, established her mom well and seek for God's forgiveness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by AlexB300: 11:53am On Mar 31, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

You're even lucky they asked you to marry the corpse of the girl. Instead of accepting the condition and paid for the damages you have caused already, you're here complaining bitterly. Who does that?

From your story i can say that the girl didn't willingly accept to donate her kidney, you guys forced her to by promising her a mouth watering amount of money hence she Ignorantly accept the offer to her own detriment.

Marry the corps and stop complaining.
looks like a job appointment for a kidney deal to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Mobog(m): 11:55am On Mar 31, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
Yes Boss
There are alot to this.. he's not saying it all
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by jelel6: 12:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
Obviously, I cannot judge from just your side of the story.

But in my opinion, as long as the girl was of age, and her parents knew she intended to donate a kidney, and they discussed with their daughter before she flew out to Germany, what is their case? Especially with you?

Unless you went to help convince them to allow their daughter donate the kidney your boss. If you had reported the case to her parents as you claimed, and even tried to discourage her from donating, her parents wouldn't ordinarily have the effontry to warn you that; if anything happens to their daughter, you'll marry her.

You should have known something like this could happen and the parents would drag you into it afterwards.

When they promised to hold you responsible if anything should happen to their daughter, you should have reported the girl, and the parents to your people and go straight to the police.
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by slevan: 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
I guess you read criminal law + litigation. Sound analysis. Love it.

JudgeKronos:
18 years old strong-willed for someone she barely knew ?
You brought her in 2019 and she gave her kidney in 2020 in an offshore hospital ..?
Your so called Boss even hired another maid then left all of them and traveled out..?
Wait.... you brought an 18yrs old girl to a male Boss whose wife died years ago...?
.... and in your statement you said the girl donated her kidney out of love ...?

Bros, go and sleep , you will be fine tomorrow morning.
Alcohol has 2 after effects .. the hangover and the withdrawal syndrome...
Like I said you will be fine tomorrow morning

1 Like

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by iammolise(m): 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
U've obviously taken ur own advice as u already know wat u intend to do that's why u are selective of opinions... So what's the point of me wasting my keyboard.

I'm not being fooled undecided
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by GrandFinale2021(m): 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2021
veave:
Hmm. Hope no be African Magic series be this

Having read this story, I feel something fishy went down. I put it to you that you guys kept looking for naive and gullible house help until you got the perfect person who's kidneys matched. So you're trying to say that in all the 300million plus people in Nigeria, you just randomly picked one person as domestic staff and boom, you got a donor? Search yourself Mr man. What is even surprising me is that you sound so casual about a whole human life lost. All you're still thinking is yourself and what would happen to you if you do or do not perform the said rites.

How convinient for your Boss to run away and leave the mess for you to clean up.

Kai!!! God will punish poverty!!!
God punish poverty!!!
God punish poverty!!!
how does poverty come into this situation?
the girl willingly donated her kidney.
I can see your brain is paining you this morning
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2021
valentinenw:
James4358
Do not marry her corpse, Do not marry her corpse, Do not marry her corpse!
Tell your boss the problem and let him go with you to her family. If possible go with military security but with a humble and pleading tone. Let your boss come up with a compensation that will cover more than the cost of marrying her (maybe it's just money from bride price that's doing them) no disrespect.

If she has savings, find a way to get that and give to her family. If they see like 1m cash or 2m sef dem go dey cry and smile at the same time. Take any pictures of her in Germany and after she returned so that they can see how healthy she looked.

Lastly, don't marry her corpse, there are serious spiritual implications and trust me, you do not want it. Go and ask ooo, It's your boss that should marry her if at all not you. You guys should make them two options: marry her and pay her brideprice, or no brideprice but cash of 1-2m. (before giving this option, collect their marriage list and see what the total cost will be so that they dont cheat you).
Your advice is very wicked and evil. You do not consider the plausible cause of death for this young girl and u do not care to ask questions neither. U are only interested in protecting the interest if this guy without knowing the story from both side of the equations. This is a shame and this is how rich people behave. Reward her with 1-2m and that's the price for her life. Foolish u.

1 Like

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by GrandFinale2021(m): 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
Foodqueen:
If this ur write up is true then her family is very nice for asking u to marry her.

U people use that girl.

Why didn't ur boss check with his kids first.

God will punish all of you.

I really wish there is an NGO to take up this case. Make una own finish.
Awon oloriburuku gbogbo
the medical doctor carried a test and she was certified fit to donate her kidney.
Your IP Should be tracked and you should be given a dirty slap for this senseless comment you just spewed from your empty brain
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by Tonalphs(f): 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
this story is not complete.
But you didn't try at all. op may be innocent. but I doubt his commandant is. op trusted his oga too much and still trust the man.
the coincidence is just too good to be erased just like that.
Op what if you're daughter or son is brainwashed in such a manner? would you still speak the language of defense that you're speaking right now? let's have conscience please.
discussing kidney matter with an 18years old is all shades of wrong let alone getting them to agreeing to donate.
your boss isn't telling you the truth. which boss goes bout discussing his ailments with his staffs let alone house help? except of cos you .....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by luminat: 12:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
@ OP was there a written consent in the first place, authorising the use of her kidney for the transplant duly signed by the donor?

If yes, then no need to worry much

If not, there's need to worry a little
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by GrandFinale2021(m): 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
James4358:
No one seems to understand my story. I was practicaly far away from them. I was working in calabar at the time when she was at abuja. But nt for respect for the dead, i would have uploaded her pics. This girl was jst too big for her age. She was 21yrs old this january. I was the one who approached her parents for her services, that's why the blame is upon me. As am typing, my boss is stil abroad & planning to return to nigeria this week. She was never used or forced.
nairaland is the worst platform for you to bring your story here.
They will add more to your pains and at the end leave you confused.
Foolishness abound on this forum.
Kindly visit quora and get matured responses and better ideas
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by GrandFinale2021(m): 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
frozen70:

It's just unfortunate

You recommend a house keeper who is a minor and out of pity, she took a decision to donate her kidney out of love and human kindness to her boss

Well you weren't the one that killed her

She didn't die of kidney failure as no prove of that

All you need is to plead with her family nit claiming any rights that she chose to do so by herself

Dobt go there to argue with another

Go with few elders who can talk for you

If they insist you marry her

During the marriage right, tell them that you meant well for their child but she died for reasons known to God

When it's time for burial, when they open her coffin, speak to her that you meant well for her and death came and too her away

You don't need to say am not responsible for her death because you can't even say what killed her

It has no effect on you if you do marriage rights

After every thing, yo to God in prayers to separate wgat you did and have faith in God
18 is not a minor ogbeni learn to comment with sense
Re: Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse by alizma: 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
Wittyduchess:
Another possiblity, he could have promised to marry her and make her the madam of the house. Anything to get cheap kidney from a naive unsuspecting victim.

One thing is certain in all of these possibilities, this was a well thought out plan. The maid didn't randomly become a match, I am sure the op had to scout for a match under the guise of looking for a maid till they found one that matched and they they moved on the execute the rest of the plan.
Which is another possible angle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me / My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating / Is This Appropriate At The Children’s Playground? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.