Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit (439 Views)

Kate Henshaw Finds The Bride That Looks Like Her / Bride That Looks Like Kate Henshaw (Photo / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Kate Henshaw And Chigul In Adorable Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by fancyhandsome(m): 8:27pm On Mar 30, 2021
The voices of Nigerian youth on how they can shape their own future will be heard around the world as the Institute for Governance and Economic Transformation (IGET), a public policy think tank headed by Professor Kingsley Moghalu, a former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Deputy Governor, hosts the first Elevating Youth Voices Summit on April 10, 2021 at 2 pm WAT. The virtual summit will have as its theme “The Creative Industry, Social Media, and Governance”.

The Elevating Youth Voices summit will examine how cultural “influencers” can move beyond social bubbles and utilize their voices and influence to bring about improved governance in the country at large. It will also discuss the increasingly important role of social media in Nigerian national life, and its potential to shape governance and public policy in positive ways.

Several A-List artistes and youth influencers will serve as speakers at Elevating Youth Voices. They include the musician and entertainment entrepreneur Jude (“M.I.”) Abaga, actress, former beauty queen and good governance activist Regina Askia Williams, the on-air personality Sandra Ezekwesili, actress Kate Henshaw, the actor Benjamin Joseph, and the poet, essayist and Daily Trust newspaper columnist Gimba Kakanda. Others are the youth social entrepreneur Hamzat (“Hamzy Code”) Lawal, notable #EndSARS personalities Modupe Odele, Rinu Oduola and DJ Switch, the technology lawyer Timi Olagunju, and the actress Rahama Sadau.

Andrew Mwavua, a United States entrepreneur, and Matilda Duncan, an on-air personality, will serve as the summit’s moderators.

“We all worry about what the future holds for Nigeria’s youth in the face of rising poverty, insecurity and unemployment, but it is now time for responsible action”, said Prof. Moghalu, who as a deputy governor of the CBN between 2009 and 2014 led the implementation of several reforms that reshaped the Nigerian banking and payments system, including the introduction of the unique-identifier Bank Verification Number (BVN).

“We plan to have a deep-dive conversation between young people to explore how the gap between the celebrity influence and the difficult realities of life in our country can be bridged”.

The Institute for Governance and Economic Transformation, founded in 2016, is a policy development centre that focuses on how developing countries can achieve inclusive economic growth and governance transformation. The institute will host quarterly summits on various subjects under the “Elevating Youth Voices” theme.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

https://thenationonlineng.net/moghalu-convenes-summit-for-youths-on-good-governance/

Re: M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by Fahdiga(m): 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
D J Switch deserves some accolades for exposing this present Junta and their anti people policies to the world
Re: M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by fancyhandsome(m): 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2021
The hope for Nigeria.. It can only get better
Re: M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by modelssphere(f): 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2021
23... Moghalu vs Tinubu angry
Re: M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by Tmb78(m): 9:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
modelssphere:
hmm
Re: M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by Michaeljames22: 9:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
modelssphere:

The only threat Tinubu has is just Goodluck Jonathan. If he decides not to contest I don't see anyone stopping Jagaban from becoming the next president of Nigeria
Re: M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by eMJPossibility(m): 9:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
no voice can be heard with malfunction ear drum expect all the living Nigeria politicians are dead and replace with new one

I repeat no voice can be heard
Re: M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by bobman22: 9:41pm On Mar 30, 2021
If only he can be elected.. Moghalu will do enough to create a working country.

Buhari, Atiku, Obasanjo and others have failed us. The greatest mistake Nigeria will make is to elect TINUBU. Such selfish man who only cares for his pocket. He will turn this country to a family thing.

He will elect fashola, his son and all his gullible followers in high position.
Re: M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by Samsonmike22: 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2021
Is Dj switch back in the country?
Re: M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by hollah123: 11:06pm On Mar 30, 2021
Fahdiga:
D J Switch deserves some accolades for exposing this present Junta and their anti people policies to the world
she's yet to show us the pictures of those who died bro.

At least we saw the corpse of the 16 unknown gunmen
Re: M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by hollah123: 11:08pm On Mar 30, 2021
modelssphere:
As big As Orji Uzor kalu is,he was embarrassed in his backyard not to even talk about moghalu that can't contest against his LGA chairman n win
Re: M. I, Dj Switch, Kate Henshaw And Others To Join Moghalu For Youth Summit by Cynthiacute25: 9:01am On Mar 31, 2021
If Nigeria will work this are the type of leaders we want.. Someone that can connect easily with the youths

(1) (Reply)

Toke Mokinwa – “marriage Is Luck, There Are No Recipes To A Successful Marriage” / How To Become A Social Media Influencer In Nigeria & Start Making Money / OMG! See What Prince Was CAUGHT Doing To DORATHY In A Restroom During Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.