Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. (39140 Views)

Advice Concerning :this Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee / When Your Fiance/fiancee Is Disturbing You For Sex / Lady Slams Benedicta Elechi, Daddy Freeze's Fiancee For Wearing Seductive Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by abeniagbon(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
DoubleFingers:

@bold,
My girl is 26 plus. She'll be 27 years in some couple of months.

My fiancee hardly depends on her parents for anything. You won't believe that it's even the mum that is giving my fiancee mind, encouraging her that if we (my fiancee and I) are both convinced, that all will surely go well.

It's just that natural love she has for her mum, nothing else. Maybe, because, her father is no more.

Guy go on with her... and face it...I don't believe in all those dream,I believe in physical challenge
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Lamasta(m): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
Lovethaa:
In the bible When samson lost his Hairs he lost his powers too... So your hair being cut might mean that you have been reduced to a rat spiritually.. you would have to fast and pray for God's power..

2... Yes it is 100% compulsory because if you marry your soul mate then you are likely to have. a fruitful marriage regardless of the odds and challenges

@bolded is it in the bible? Just curious
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 2:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
Lamasta:
[/b]

@bolded is it in the bible? Just curious

I was also curious to know, but he didn't back up his claim biblically.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by WoundedLamb: 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
DoubleFingers:

@WoundedLamb,
Yes, my fiancée's dad is late for over a decade, but I don't know if her mum cut her hair immediately after the father's death. But presently, her mum is on low cut (maybe, because, she loves low cut).

No major ceremony, because my fiancee is the first child and her other sisters are still young.

I sincerely don't think that singular dream is enough reason to call off your wedding plans. The dream could have been triggered by many things especially when the lady was actively looking girl a revelation. Her mind was obviously hyperactive. Just my opinion though. Best of luck!
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
WoundedLamb:

I sincerely don't think that singular dream is enough reason to call off your wedding plans. The dream could have avoided triggered by many things especially when the lady was actively looking girl a revelation. Her mind was obviously hyperactive. Just my opinion though. Best of luck!

Thanks, bro.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Telstar: 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
DoubleFingers:
N/B: This could be a bit lengthy, but please, read to the end.

I have been making preparations since late last year to settle down with my fiancee. I intend going to collect the marriage list this coming April to kick start the marriage processes.

My girl and I are very compatible in almost all ramifications you can think of. Honestly, she's the perfect definition of a supportive wife, well mannered and loyal to the core, just to say a few.

We now lived in different states, but we've known ourselves and have been seeing/dating each other in the same city between December 2016 and September 2019. I even made her to redeploy during her NYSC in 2018, to be close to me because of my intentions for her.

As usual, we've been praying and trying to seek the face of God to get divine revelation.

So on the 9th of this month (March), my fiancee and her mum visited a priest for normal pre marriage talk/counseling. The priest of course asked my girl some questions about me, which she answered sincerely. The priest then advised my girl and her mum to put everything in God's hand and be praying about it.

About a week later (around 16th or so), my fiancée's mother had a dream where my fiancée's hair was cut in the dream. In trying to understand the dream, my fiancee then called her cousin who is a Reverend, and the cousin told her that the dream is a bad dream, that it means "someone is trying to take her glory."

That dream compelled my fiancee and her mum to have two days midnight prayer (19th and 20th precisely) to cancel any bad dream.

Reaching today, my girl and her mum visited the priest again, to let him know about the dream. The priest then asked my girl about her understand of the dream. My girl said it means "widowhood." But my girl's mum was having a different understanding.

In summary, the priest then asked my girl if she had gotten a divine revelation, as to whether we're meant to be husband and wife. My girl said no has not.
Personally, I've fasted and prayed severally to God to show me reasons not to marry my fiancee, but I'm yet to see reasons not to.

Honestly, apart from divine validation which I'm yet to get, I'm yet to see reasons why I shouldn't marry my fiancee. And my girl have been worried since this afternoon, thereby getting me worried also.

Now my questions are:

1.) What does it mean for someone's hair to be cut in a dream?

2.) Is it 100% compulsory that one must get a divine validation to have a peaceful and happy marriage?

Please, your honest contributions will be appreciated.

Mods, please help a brother if this piece isn't in the right section.

And help send it to front page for more response.

Thanks.
Hey, there's nothing wrong in that dream. Your folks are probably discombobulated. Cutting someone's hair in the dream symbolizes care and love for that particular person.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
Telstar:
Hey, there's nothing wrong in that dream. Your folks are probably discombobulated. Cutting someone's hair in the dream symbolizes care and love for that particular person.

Lol

@Telstar,

You views sounds funny to me. But you might not be wrong.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Telstar: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Lol

@Telstar,

You views sounds funny to me. But you might not be wrong.
My respond sounded funny? Only in Nigeria you tell someone the truth and it becomes other way round. Another thing I wanna tell you here is the family doesn't trust you and you've got a lot to do to convince them you're the right person for their daughter.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 5:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
Telstar:
My respond sounded funny? Only in Nigeria you tell someone the truth and it becomes other way round. Another thing I wanna tell you here is the family doesn't trust you and you've got a lot to do to convince them you're the right person for their daughter.

Calm down, bro. I never said you initial post was wrong. Just that I've never heard where cutting of someone's hair in the dream symbolizes care and love.

Talking about trust for me by my girl's family... Hey, I can tell you for sure, that her mum, cousins and uncles wholeheartedly approve my proposal.

I was even the one that delayed it a bit till this moment, if not, we'd have tied the knot since over three or four months ago.

But I appreciate your views and input, bro.

Thanks.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by praz001(m): 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
DoubleFingers:

I have been making preparations since late last year to settle down with my fiancee. I intend going to collect the marriage list this coming April to kick start the marriage processes.

My girl and I are very compatible in almost all ramifications you can think of. Honestly, she's the perfect definition of a supportive wife, well mannered and loyal to the core, just to say a few.

We now lived in different states, but we've known ourselves and have been seeing/dating each other in the same city between December 2016 and September 2019. I even made her to redeploy during her NYSC in 2018, to be close to me because of my intentions for her.

As usual, we've been praying and trying to seek the face of God to get divine revelation.

So on the 9th of this month (March), my fiancee and her mum visited a priest for normal pre marriage talk/counseling. The priest of course asked my girl some questions about me, which she answered sincerely. The priest then advised my girl and her mum to put everything in God's hand and be praying about it.

About a week later (around 16th or so), my fiancée's mother had a dream where my fiancée's hair was cut in the dream. In trying to understand the dream, my fiancee then called her cousin who is a Reverend, and the cousin told her that the dream is a bad dream, that it means "someone is trying to take her glory."

That dream compelled my fiancee and her mum to have two days midnight prayer (19th and 20th precisely) to cancel any bad dream.

Reaching today, my girl and her mum visited the priest again, to let him know about the dream. The priest then asked my girl about her understand of the dream. My girl said it means "widowhood." But my girl's mum was having a different understanding.

In summary, the priest then asked my girl if she had gotten a divine revelation, as to whether we're meant to be husband and wife. My girl said no has not.
Personally, I've fasted and prayed severally to God to show me reasons not to marry my fiancee, but I'm yet to see reasons not to.

Honestly, apart from divine validation which I'm yet to get, I'm yet to see reasons why I shouldn't marry my fiancee. And my girl have been worried since this afternoon, thereby getting me worried also.

Now my questions are:

2.) Is it 100% compulsory that one must get a divine validation to have a peaceful and happy marriage?

Thanks.

Bro....
you have notting to be scared about. The interpretation to the dream is that you girls spritual life is about getting an upgrade due to the fact that someone else is coming to her life.... I.e someone more spritually superior to her is about taking over..

To the othe question, God wants to deal with individual and not those who go from priest to priests...

keep up with ur prayers...
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Telstar: 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Calm down, bro. I never said you initial post was wrong. Just that I've never heard where cutting of someone's hair in the dream symbolizes care and love.

Talking about trust for me by my girl's family... Hey, I can tell you for sure, that her mum, cousins and uncles wholeheartedly approve my proposal.

I was even the one that delayed it a bit till this moment, if not, we'd have tied the knot since over three or months ago.

But I appreciate your views and input, bro.

Thanks.
You're welcome. I do not have anything against you. Was just surprised the priest couldn't interpret or understand a simple dream.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Powerfly(f): 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
Op.. If you and the babe have had sex with each other.. Then forget about God's validation. Do you know why?
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
praz001:

Bro....
you have notting to be scared about. The interpretation to the dream is that you girls spritual life is about getting an upgrade due to the fact that someone else is coming to her life.... I.e someone more spritually superior to her is about taking over..

To the othe question, God wants to deal with individual and not those who go from priest to priests...

keep up with ur prayers...

@bold,

Very insightful.

Thanks, praz001.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
Telstar:
You're welcome. I do not have anything against you. Was just surprised the priest couldn't interpret or understand a simple dream.

One love, mahn!
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
Powerfly:
Op.. If you and the babe have had sex with each other.. Then forget about God's validation. Do you know why?

@Powerfly,

Sure, we've had sex.

Please, inform me why I should forget about God's validation.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Chairman if you are in Nigeria Army, please leave that girl alone. This one she is dreaming of cutting her hair, don't go and widow someone's daughter at early age. grin
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Powerfly(f): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
DoubleFingers:

@Powerfly,

Sure, we've had sex.

Please, inform me why I should forget about God's validation.

I'm sorry to say...
You see... God designed sex for marriage. For yot to skip that process is already a way of skipping God's validation to do your own will.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by merieam16(f): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Now my questions are:

Thanks.
Honestly speaking,i really don't know y ure worried or ur girlfriend cos the dream does not av anything to do with ur marriage
I understand how dreams work so believe me on this
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
Powerfly:

I'm sorry to say...
You see... God designed sex for marriage. For yot to skip that process is already a way of skipping God's validation to do your own will.

Lol @Powerfly...

Sounding like you're God's spokesperson.

You couldn't back you assertion with any bible passage, as to where sex before marriage invalidates God's validation/revelation before marriage.

Thanks for time, anyways.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
merieam16:
Honestly speaking,i really don't know y ure worried or ur girlfriend cos the dream does not av anything to do with ur marriage
I understand how dreams work so believe me on this

Thanks dear.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by benqo01(m): 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
OP you might not be the religious type,but if there is one thing you shouldn't joke with that is DREAMS.

God show us things through dreams,and anything that the Lord reveals to you through dreams shows he has given you victory over that particular thing.

Don't also relents in your prayers that is another powerful tool in getting victory,this is happening now shows what's ahead of you when you finally settle down.Its a clear indication that along the line things will surely go wrong.

And also if 2 to 3 pastors confirms this to you..then just know it's for real and urgently needs prayers.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
benqo01:
OP you might not be the religious type,but if there is one thing you shouldn't joke with that is DREAMS.

God show us things through dreams,and anything that the Lord reveals to you through dreams shows he has given you victory over that particular thing.

Don't also relents in your prayers that is another powerful tool in getting victory,this is happening now shows what's ahead of you when you finally settle down.Its a clear indication that along the line things will surely go wrong.

And also if 2 to 3 pastors confirms this to you..then just know it's for real and urgently needs prayers.

@benqo01,

Two to three persons did not confirm same thing to me.

My fiancée's cousin who is a Reverend referred to the dream as when someone's glory is being taken away.

So what does it mean when they say; "Someone's glory is being taken away?" Do you have an idea?

And the priest did not categorically say his opinion about the dream. He was just trying to know if my fiancee understands the meaning of the dream.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Mrscarter(f): 3:50am On Apr 01, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Now my questions are:

Thanks.

Dreams are only thoughts all random pushed together because your unconscious n the brain never stops working. They mean nothing.
Thats why they dont make sense because we are not conscious to control our thoughts.
Dont let a dream and superstitions ruin your love n future together.
Also pastors are only men they pray but god doesnt tell them what to do.
You take their advice to some degree but i wouldnt let them control your actions or your choices. U can pray ofcourse but alwsys remember preachers/priests etc theyre only human and theyre job is to teach us gods word.
Not to tell us who to marry or things like that.

1 Like

Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 4:51am On Apr 01, 2021
Mrscarter:

Dreams are only thoughts all random pushed together because your unconscious n the brain never stops working. They mean nothing.
Thats why they dont make sense because we are not conscious to control our thoughts.
Dont let a dream and superstitions ruin your love n future together.
Also pastors are only men they pray but god doesnt tell them what to do.
You take their advice to some degree but i wouldnt let them control your actions or your choices. U can pray ofcourse but alwsys remember preachers/priests etc theyre only human and theyre job is to teach us gods word.
Not to tell us who to marry or things like that.

Hmm!

Thanks, Mrscarter.

1 Like

Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by benqo01(m): 5:38am On Apr 01, 2021
DoubleFingers:

@benqo01,

Two to three persons did not confirm same thing to me.
is being taken away?" Do you have an idea?

And the priest did not categorically say his opinion about the dream. He was just trying to know if my fiancee understands the meaning of the dream.

Glory means HONOUR

The reverend already told you the meaning of the dream.Your hair is your glory and when your glory is being taken away then what's left of that person?

That why we pray for God's glory not to departs from us till we leave this earth.

I am sure your fiancee knows what it means, it's not a good thing and both of you have to pray towards it.

God will see you through.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Weneda(m): 5:45am On Apr 01, 2021
U people have time to visit prophet nd prophetess. If u want to get married don't even try going to that place. Those people are home breakers, thieves etc. Just go to marriage counseling, seek the face of God, check ur compatibility level etc. Talking from experience o

1 Like

Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 7:04am On Apr 01, 2021
benqo01:

Glory means HONOUR

The reverend already told you the meaning of the dream.Your hair is your glory and when your glory is being taken away then what's left of that person?

That why we pray for God's glory not to departs from us till we leave this earth.

I am sure your fiancee knows what it means, it's not a good thing and both of you have to pray towards it.

God will see you through.

Thanks dear.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 7:06am On Apr 01, 2021
Weneda:
U people have time to visit prophet nd prophetess. If u want to get married don't even try going to that place. Those people are home breakers, thieves etc. Just go to marriage counseling, seek the face of God, check ur compatibility level etc. Talking from experience o

@Weneda,

You care to share that your experience?

Who knows it might be very helpful to me and others here.

Thank you.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Powerfly(f): 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Lol @Powerfly...

Sounding like you're God's spokesperson.

You couldn't back you assertion with any bible passage, as to where sex before marriage invalidates God's validation/revelation before marriage.

Thanks for time, anyways.

lol. This response is funny coz it's actually funny coming from a supposed 'christian' who is seeking God's validation.
So what are you? A stranger to God?
As a genuine christian, you are supposed to be a spokeperson, ambassador, representative and a child/son of God by adoption of faith through the mercy and grace of God and the priceless blood of Jesus.
The bible clearly condemns fornication and anyone including you and i who still go ahead to disobey.. Is doing so out of freewill.
And how are you expecting to get answers or validation from God when you're nt conversant with his word??
Now that you both are bleeping yourselves, what would happen if God finally says 'she's nt yours'.

1 Like

Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by DoubleFingers: 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2021
Powerfly:

lol. This response is funny coz it's actually funny coming from a supposed 'christian' who is seeking God's validation.
So what are you? A stranger to God?
As a genuine christian, you are supposed to be a spokeperson, ambassador, representative and a child/son of God by adoption of faith through the mercy and grace of God and the priceless blood of Jesus.
The bible clearly condemns fornication and anyone including you and i who still go ahead to disobey.. Is doing so out of freewill.
And how are you expecting to get answers or validation from God when you're nt conversant with his word??
Now that you both are bleeping yourselves, what would happen if God finally says 'she's nt yours'.

@bold,

Of course, nothing will happen.

But I respect your views, even though I have my reservations.

Thanks, anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 / 12 Sentences Every Christian Must Never Say Again ! / Primate Ayodele: "Nigeria Will Split In 2035"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.