Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. (39160 Views)

Advice Concerning :this Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee / When Your Fiance/fiancee Is Disturbing You For Sex / Lady Slams Benedicta Elechi, Daddy Freeze's Fiancee For Wearing Seductive Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:22am On Apr 02, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Hmm!

Sure, we won't live for ever. But nobody wants to die young.

Thanks for your input, though.

This mindset is worrisome to me.

We should be much more worried about not fulfilling our divine mission on earth instead of trying to outlive time.

Many greats and legends of this world didn't live till 90 man.

You are definitely scared of death.

A coward dies a thousand times before his death.

Please remove this mindset while going into marriage and try to fulfil your God-given potentials.

Anyone can go any time especially in a country in Nigeria.

This is the stark reality.

As for your issue, please if your MIL isn't supporting the marriage because of the 'revelation', just cut things off.

Might be tough but you'll get over it with time
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Ibeme: 12:24am On Apr 02, 2021
@OP,

Too much religion dey worry you. This is how we Africans complicate simple affairs like who you love and want to marry.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by divineappo(m): 12:25am On Apr 02, 2021
DoubleFingers:
N/B: This could be a bit lengthy, but please, read to the end.

I have been making preparations since late last year to settle down with my fiancee. I intend going to collect the marriage list this coming April to kick start the marriage processes.

My girl and I are very compatible in almost all ramifications you can think of. Honestly, she's the perfect definition of a supportive wife, well mannered and loyal to the core, just to say a few.

We now lived in different states, but we've known ourselves and have been seeing/dating each other in the same city between December 2016 and September 2019. I even made her to redeploy during her NYSC in 2018, to be close to me because of my intentions for her.

As usual, we've been praying and trying to seek the face of God to get divine revelation.

So on the 9th of this month (March), my fiancee and her mum visited a priest for normal pre marriage talk/counseling. The priest of course asked my girl some questions about me, which she answered sincerely. The priest then advised my girl and her mum to put everything in God's hand and be praying about it.

About a week later (around 16th or so), my fiancée's mother had a dream where my fiancée's hair was cut in the dream. In trying to understand the dream, my fiancee then called her cousin who is a Reverend, and the cousin told her that the dream is a bad dream, that it means "someone is trying to take her glory."

That dream compelled my fiancee and her mum to have two days midnight prayer (19th and 20th precisely) to cancel any bad dream.

Reaching today, my girl and her mum visited the priest again, to let him know about the dream. The priest then asked my girl about her understand of the dream. My girl said it means "widowhood." But my girl's mum was having a different understanding.

In summary, the priest then asked my girl if she had gotten a divine revelation, as to whether we're meant to be husband and wife. My girl said no has not.
Personally, I've fasted and prayed severally to God to show me reasons not to marry my fiancee, but I'm yet to see reasons not to.

Honestly, apart from divine validation which I'm yet to get, I'm yet to see reasons why I shouldn't marry my fiancee. And my girl have been worried since this afternoon, thereby getting me worried also.

Now my questions are:

1.) What does it mean for someone's hair to be cut in a dream?

2.) Is it 100% compulsory that one must get a divine validation to have a peaceful and happy marriage?

Please, your honest contributions will be appreciated.

Mods, please help a brother if this piece isn't in the right section.

And help send it to front page for more response.

Thanks.
The so called priest is fake, am not a fan of prophecies, but observe this:

Ur girl met the priest, he asked your girl & mum to go and pray. And that God will reveal to them

They returned to the priest with the mum's dream which am very sure has nothing to do with you and your girl's relationship. And instead of the fake priest to focus on her mum's dream, the indabosky priest was busy asking the girl if she had seen any revelation regarding her relationship with you.

The priest is playing a mind game. Once your girl mistakenly have a small bad dream (even if the dream has nothing to do with ur relationship), the priest will twist the dream, and give an interpretation that will conote that, the marriage should not hold, or that both of you should not marry

That priest is blind and sees nothing, he doesn't hear anything from God. Run away from him, and run away from this "ultimate search for senseless spiritual validation".

Just like JESUS said in Luke 13:32
"the priest your girl visited, is a Fox"
(A Fox is a cunning and crafty animal)

1 Like

Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:27am On Apr 02, 2021
unmask:
All things are new if you are born again. It is that easy no paparazzi is involved... Don't let these yeye prophets use fear to guide you.

My brother I agree with you but not covenants, why do you think spirits still posses and oppress Christian's if all things are new?

I use to be an atheist before I met the Holy Spirit and the encounter with Jesus. Revelation is progressive, certain discussions are beyond this platform. In fact for me I'd rather not touch this topic or discuss my faith, just had to bkos the guy needed it.

But I can tell you, there's the prophetic declaration of God and there's the part where the believer needs to engage to come into the experiencial demonstration of those truths.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by calcal: 12:31am On Apr 02, 2021
Do not enter, they are a trouble maker, imagine you never marry problem don start.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by divineappo(m): 12:32am On Apr 02, 2021
Mustiboy:

Bullshīt.

Honestly, where did you people come from? undecided
lol
Religion is a disease

1 Like

Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by divineappo(m): 12:37am On Apr 02, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
Why can't you just pray and be at ease?

Counselling, is it mother and daughter that go for it? Or the intending couple? Looks to me like someone was already looking to forment trouble.

Plus this priest you keep referring to, a Catholic priest or one of those false prophets?

Yes, I believe in listening to God, but God speaks to us in different ways. Do you know how God speaks to you?

If you're sure you hitherto had peace in your heart regarding this girl, then all is well.

Breaking off a relationship on some unverifiable dream is just too whimsical.

I say, someone is deliberately trying to forment trouble.
exactly

I suspect the girls mother. She seems like the leader of the ultimate search for "a reason to end the relationship", and the dream also came from her

Lol

1 Like

Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by lekki1444: 12:50am On Apr 02, 2021
Her getting her hair cut in the dream means that she is going to be the powerful spiritual force in the relationship and the boss. to further see how this will affect the dynamics of the relationship supply both of your date of births.

however

it can also mean that you will experience a spiritual Resurrection and rebirth, meaning a reconnection to your higher self so that you will be full of wisdom and will be a great man in the earth

to confirm if its one or the other i will need both of your date of births
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by frozen70(f): 12:56am On Apr 02, 2021
DoubleFingers:

I have been making preparations since late last year to settle down with my fiancee. I intend going to collect the marriage list this coming April to kick start the marriage processes.

My girl and I are very compatible in almost all ramifications you can think of. Honestly, she's the perfect definition of a supportive wife, well mannered and loyal to the core, just to say a few.

We now lived in different states, but we've known ourselves and have been seeing/dating each other in the same city between December 2016 and September 2019. I even made her to redeploy during her NYSC in 2018, to be close to me because of my intentions for her.

As usual, we've been praying and trying to seek the face of God to get divine revelation.

So on the 9th of this month (March), my fiancee and her mum visited a priest for normal pre marriage talk/counseling. The priest of course asked my girl some questions about me, which she answered sincerely. The priest then advised my girl and her mum to put everything in God's hand and be praying about it.

About a week later (around 16th or so), my fiancée's mother had a dream where my fiancée's hair was cut in the dream. In trying to understand the dream, my fiancee then called her cousin who is a Reverend, and the cousin told her that the dream is a bad dream, that it means "someone is trying to take her glory."

That dream compelled my fiancee and her mum to have two days midnight prayer (19th and 20th precisely) to cancel any bad dream.

Reaching today, my girl and her mum visited the priest again, to let him know about the dream. The priest then asked my girl about her understand of the dream. My girl said it means "widowhood." But my girl's mum was having a different understanding.

In summary, the priest then asked my girl if she had gotten a divine revelation, as to whether we're meant to be husband and wife. My girl said no has not.
Personally, I've fasted and prayed severally to God to show me reasons not to marry my fiancee, but I'm yet to see reasons not to.

Honestly, apart from divine validation which I'm yet to get, I'm yet to see reasons why I shouldn't marry my fiancee. And my girl have been worried since this afternoon, thereby getting me worried also.

Now my questions are:

2.) Is it 100% compulsory that one must get a divine validation to have a peaceful and happy marriage?

Thanks.

Dreams are figments if ones mind

So if one dream of accidents tvst means the person won't go near main road and should remain inside the house

Our life is in God's hand, he us the only one that can guarantee our safety and existence

Don't put pressure on them, they want their daughter to marry and you too want to marry, so it benefits both ends

Love is the only assurance for relationships to stand well

If by the time you are exhausted on waiting for the family to give you approval and they are still dragging feet, just inform her that it's best you guys ends the relationship so that every one can go their separate ways

The moment you do the above, they will be the one to start chasing you to do the marriage
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Roseey0(f): 1:08am On Apr 02, 2021
For years I looked for that loud voice to speak and give me direction like the Samuel experience . But I never did.

But I now know how he speaks to me. Discernment. Through the scripture(it drops occasionally in my subconscious but often very clear) I always had it But never took it serious or just ignored to believe what I wanted to believe at a particular time

You have it too. Peace in a relationship means your spirit approves of it.
People will generally have bad dream. Your response to it should be Prayer. For surely they must gather, but the both of you can stand in agreement to dislodge it. Whatever be the meaning of the dream, Christ has paid it all on the cross. Just apply it.. Pray for one another. That's what the body of Christ stands for. You don't just walk away because he or she has a not so clear future. You have the authority, you can change it because Christ has paid in full.

The decision to marry is strictly on you . Don't expect anyone to see anything for you. If your heart is at peace then that is where it wants to be.

Look for Josh Bamiloye's proposal story on YouTube. Let it guide you.

Cc; DoubleFingers
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Prevailing: 1:08am On Apr 02, 2021
[quote author=Trace8624 post=100406389][/quote]

Tried to let the op see from this same point of view, but he says he doesn't agree. Make him day play with his destiny
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Roseey0(f): 1:18am On Apr 02, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Hmm!

Sure, we won't live for ever. But nobody wants to die young.

Thanks for your input, though.

You think the die will only apply when she is married to you?
Or you think you must be married to someone before their can have revelation about what the devil is planning for you ?

Pray Sir.
This has nothing to do with your marriage plans
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Oyolohi24: 1:22am On Apr 02, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Hmm!

But what if... what if the dream is just an irony of the reality?
my dear, as for me, Na so l override dreams warning me not to continue with my marriage and up till now no baby, no peace with different men of God saying almost same thing that is spiritual attack from spiritual husband.

Never u undermine some early signs like this please B4 marriage.when it starts these guys will be in their homes leaving only u in It. I am taking from experience
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Ilekokonit: 1:32am On Apr 02, 2021
What will happen in the next 1 second is not known to any man (priest or no priest). With all the priests and prophets in Nigeria, none of them could predict the coming of Covid19 or profess a cure for it and it took scientists (a lot of who don't even believe in God) to create a vaccine for covid19.

If you and your fiancee want your relationship to last or the marriage to last (IF you are allowed to get married in peace by third parties) you should stop asking third parties about their opinions about your relationship and stop consulting in-laws / out-laws and self proclaimed priests whose powers can not raise the dead like Jesus did but all they can do is to lord their priesthood over church members / followers who are looking for a sign from God in the wrong places and from the wrong mouths.

Keep your family and her family (including her mother and your mother) and any priest / pastor / prophet out of your relationship if you want your relationship to last.

Having belief in God is enough for you and its even in the bible where God frowns against people asking him for a sign.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Riversstate: 1:59am On Apr 02, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
Are you sure your mother inlaw has not seen a better offer for her daughter from another bidder? Whether yes or no; leave her for good to avoid story that touches.

Leave her

You be fool ooo undecided
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by farmboyy: 2:14am On Apr 02, 2021
[I you take anything outside this advice, you are just a fool that will never be liberated. Please this is nothing but the truth.

quote author=LMS1 post=100344324]lol op the kind of comments you will get down there from nairaland religion warlords will make you sleep one eyed closed tonight. aswear grin
Truth is that scientifically dreams are basically human mind inventing its own thoughts when the host is asleep.
secondly dont spend your life believing in false prophecies cus your mind and life will be totally controlled by what you you hear and believe.
I know you are religious but most so called PRIEST practices the bible doctrine in a different way thus injecting 5million cubic meter of fear into your soul cheesy
there is nothing wrong with your wife to be,
all the fault is in the religion you practice.
stop letting someone else dream put you in 'THINKINGNATION' grin
#Emanticipate yourself from mental slavery oh africans!..[/quote]
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Wolfeye: 2:26am On Apr 02, 2021
Re.tarded family.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Emeka71(m): 2:38am On Apr 02, 2021
Her glory which is her husband has been taken away.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:39am On Apr 02, 2021
90% of dreams Don't come to pass... Follow ur heart and expect the worst that makes you a Man
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by naijadrivablog: 2:52am On Apr 02, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Now my questions are:

Thanks.

First, did you stop having sex before seeking God's face If not, God may not answer you because both of you are still committing sin.

Secondly, you didn't pray with an open mind, which is wrong! Why say, "you prayed that God should give you a reason NOT TO marry her Why not pray with an OPEN HEART Pray something like, " Lord I want to get married and I need your Will for me.

Back to the dream thing, if you stop sex and truly seek God's face, you and the girl in question will get the confirmation you need.

The shaving of hair thingy, at times, the devil show you bad dreams just to try to spoil things.

Let me tell you how I got a confirmation not to marry a certain Ex of mine. She was disturbing me to tell her the path of the relationship after dating for sometime. I told her that I loved her but let us limit our hanging out and STOP sex and pray. Luckily, I traveled for holidays to another city.

I prayed and I had a dream about her where I was looking for her but she was no where to be found. I didn't understand the dream and I woke up and prayed that "Lord God, if you are the one that showed me this dream, let me dream it again".

You know what, God gave me the same dream 2 more times the same night!
Not exactly the same but the message is the same- not finding her, disappearance, not knowing her house.

When I asked an elderly neighbour the meaning, coincidentally, he is a JW member (I am not a JW member but I liked his company) who didn't believe in dreams (you know that JW members dont believe in certain things) but he had a similar dream about his wife many years ago and as at when I told him this, his wife has already abandoned him.

He told me that the dream meant that she isn't mine. That she will desert me in future.

You know women and desperation, when I got back and told her mine, she didn't disclose hers (which tallied with mine).

After some months, we were together somehow but I was gradually withdrawing from her.

She opened up on a certain day her own dream, though she didn't tell me all but it pointed to the conclusion I got.

What did I say in summary, BOTH of you should get the same results, but STOP sex and go to God in prayers AGAIN before making your final decision.

The dream your prospective mother inlaw had may not be connected to your marriage with her daughter BUT ABOUT HER daughter's glory (crown) being taken. Could mean she may find it hard to settle (except a war is waged in the spirit to réclame her lost glory). It could mean something else.

But any dream/confirmation that BOTH OF YOU didn't get is not valid.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by eki2000(m): 2:59am On Apr 02, 2021
Nobody dreams for anyone. That dream belonged to your fiancee 's mother. It is her state of fearful mind that is making her to have such dreams, you know all these mums that worry too much over their children. Of God wants to reveal something to You, it will be through you. Marry her if feel you Will have peace of mind. That's the only sign you need.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by K4daniel: 3:17am On Apr 02, 2021
So for those years she had been with you are you saying she never had BAD dreams about herself. I hope you have not defile her because sex such as fornication before marriage brings confusion, Ecc 10v8 says if you break hedge satan go bite you ooo..no excuse or ignorant be wise bro....such activities could bring the said cutting of hair bad dream even though God may approve you both to be as husband and wife.

If you have not defiled her, Just this one dream cannot hold any water if you both pray and fast about it. But if it were something reoccurring then you both need to consider your stand and check yourselves, it may not be the will of God..

Sometimes the moment you even have peace and love coupled with God validation for a person, the devil will contest to scatter that relationship. He knows such might bring good seeds and you must be sensitive and vigilant. Baba you should have known from the on set if she is yours.

Lastly, after you 've prayed let the will of God prevail, whatever is yours will stay, and if she is not yours let her go. Dont force things pls.God will bring your woman.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Judybash93(m): 3:22am On Apr 02, 2021
Thank goodness I'm not religious angry you mean people still believe in these kinda things in the 21st century? Fantastic
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by tit(f): 3:22am On Apr 02, 2021
Sorry oooo
Better luck next time
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by PROPHETmichael: 3:24am On Apr 02, 2021
DoubleFingers:

Now my questions are:

Thanks.

ANSWER
A WOMAN'S HAIR IS HER CROWN! This is by divine design as it is written, "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering" (1 Corinthians 11:15|).
So, to have one's hair cut in a dream is to have your glory stolen from you. So she needs to pray regarding that.

ANSWER

If you understand the fact that this life that we are living, the spiritual controls the physical, you will appreciate the need for divine validation. Yes, Our father's didn't need divine validation to marry our mothers, they just went with the flow but the world we are living in today is different and wild.

Note: The essense of divine validation is not to tell you what to do or not but to guide you into marrying the one that God destined for you. We are in the last days

PLS DM I'd like to talk to you.

1 Like

Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Duplexxx: 3:38am On Apr 02, 2021
I don't have no time reading shit like this if you like

Go and kill your self for it

As you see me so

I don't care
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Mekus4114: 3:39am On Apr 02, 2021
i am not trying to frighten you am just trying to tell you do not despise those dreams.Murjem is correct. Dreams are our spiritual monitors unfortunately you have written that you yourself are not overly religious i would have asked you to take time off and go and seek Gods face o this matter for at least three days drinking only water.The simple prayer is O lord make your will plain to me on the issue of my intended marriage to.............
the next prayer is Lord show me deep and secret things i need to know concerning the proposed union. same prayers for the 3 days and he will open your eyes in Jesus name. goodluck.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by TheSupleemLeada(m): 4:13am On Apr 02, 2021
Your mother inlaw is a nutcase and it's most likely your fiancee is or just masking it.... having a nutcase spouse is like living in Dante's 7th hell and that dream may most likely come to pass.... I'd advise you to run for your life.
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by Sarsaproko: 4:32am On Apr 02, 2021
Caseless:
Doublefingers, e don spoil. You fvck up. Why you go bring this kain matter to public forum?

Pray in silence.

Kip kwayet!
Re: This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. by jachi001(f): 4:34am On Apr 02, 2021
Op! Am not a good a writer, but I will simply tell you something thing. " God does not keep his children in the dark" if I have acted on my dream I won't have loss my husband a month to his 38th birthday and I won't be a widow at this my young age. Op please act and when I say act I don't mean you should go from one priest to another or from church to church. Just simply fast and pray about it. Its well with you and please invite me for your marriage ooooo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

About The High-rate Of Sexual Immoralities In The Church / Paul Adefarasin Raises Dollars For Emmanuel Precious To Buy Ring For His Fiancée / Sex In The Dream!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.