Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Please Where Do I Start From - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Where Do I Start From (494 Views)

How Do I Start Please / Programming: Where Do I Start From / I Want To Learn Programming, Where Do I Start From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Where Do I Start From by frank417: 2:10am On Mar 31, 2021
Hello guys,

Please i want to begin my journey in programming but i do not know where to start from. I have no IT background nor IT cert. I'm just a guy with passion to learn and make a living out of it.
Please, I would really aporeciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction. I read somewhere that it is a process and there are steps to it, and not starting with the right steps can make you have drawbacks in future.

Please your word of advice is highly welcomed, and would go a long way for me.

Thank you.
Re: Please Where Do I Start From by Nickisindigo(m): 9:43am On Mar 31, 2021
Decagon is a bootcamp who is still accepting applications you might want to check them out
Re: Please Where Do I Start From by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:55am On Mar 31, 2021
There are various articles on this section to get started. Check and make your own research.
Re: Please Where Do I Start From by africonn: 6:38am On Apr 01, 2021
Nickisindigo:
Decagon is a bootcamp who is still accepting applications you might want to check them out

3.1M, that's a terrible advise, did you learn yours in 6 months at decagon. It better not to than learn something you think is hot but really it's not. Run away from debt. Chai money for mini house for learning code u might not profit from.
Re: Please Where Do I Start From by heyiamjosh(m): 7:18am On Apr 01, 2021
Nickisindigo:

God will not forgive you for this. You're advising him to get himself into debt because he wants to learn ordinary computer programming?
The best advise is that you try to know the part of computer programming you want to go into. We have areas like game programming, web development, data science, database administration etc.
Once you know the area you want to go into, research about the area and know the technology you'll be using to become a junior developer
Re: Please Where Do I Start From by heyiamjosh(m): 7:20am On Apr 01, 2021
africonn:

3.1M, that's a terrible advise, did you learn yours in 6 months at decagon. It better not to than learn something you think is hot but really it's not. Run away from debt. Chai money for mini house for learning code u might not profit from.

God bless you. I was once their student. I dropped out when I got to know that they're not being truthful about their service
Re: Please Where Do I Start From by 4dor: 7:39am On Apr 01, 2021
frank417:
Hello role models,

Please i want to begin my journey in programming but i do not know where to start from. I have no IT background nor IT cert. I'm just a guy with passion to learn and make a living out of it.
Please, I would really aporeciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction. I read somewhere that it is a process and there are steps to it, and not starting with the right steps can make you have drawbacks in future.

Please your word of advice is highly welcomed, and would go a long way for me.

Thank you.

Start from here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-h8L5hgW-w

2 Likes

Re: Please Where Do I Start From by Nickisindigo(m): 2:52pm On Apr 01, 2021
heyiamjosh:

God will not forgive you for this. You're advising him to get himself into debt because he wants to learn ordinary computer programming?
The best advise is that you try to know the part of computer programming you want to go into. We have areas like game programming, web development, data science, database administration etc.
Once you know the area you want to go into, research about the area and know the technology you'll be using to become a junior developer

I also applied
Re: Please Where Do I Start From by frank417: 1:45am On Apr 02, 2021
Thank you all for your input, i really appreciate.
Re: Please Where Do I Start From by frank417: 2:29am On Apr 02, 2021
heyiamjosh:

ahh boss. i believe he was only trying to help me. and God doesn't work like that smiley

please boss you made a very valid point above(@bolded). I know little about the IT industry in Nigeria. please can you suggest me an area you think i should go into for starters and from there i can expand my knowledge on the others?
right now i intend to learn what is in demand in the Nigerian IT sphere. something that will also enable me pick 1 or 2 small change as i learn my way to mastery, then from there, with my exposure and experience, i can delve into other areas.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Wait For Enormous Capital, Rule The World Now With Your Own Fintech App / Software Developer Needed. / Web Crawler Using PHP And Javascript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.