Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:58 PM

Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them (24022 Views)

I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi / Fadaka: Currency For Yoruba, Oduduwa Republic To Be Stronger Than Dollars- Group / Amaechi: We Will Build Port Harcourt-Maiduguri High Speed Railway Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by UnabashedIPOB: 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, says he personally travelled to Niger Republic to beg the country to allow the Nigerian government to construct the $1.95bn railway from Kano State into Maradi in Niger Republic.

For all you Igbos that are the mouthpiece and apologists for the FULANIS, clamoring for one Nigeria, ask yourself this simple question: "Why would the country that you claim is begging a foreign country to build a rail line for it while neglecting his own citizens?" Does that make any sense? All it does is, tell you that you do not belong. So, you can scream and shout ONE NIGERIA till you are blue in the face, you are still an outcast in the country that you so badly want to belong to. As for Rotimi Amaechi, he's the dumbest and most idiotic person to ever grace this God's green earth. How can his last name be "Amaechi" and yet claim he's not Igbo? Oh, I forgot, him and the rest of them are acting out the script written by their British-Fulani masters telling them that they are not Igbos in their contrived plans to divide an conquer the East. Now, the question is: "Are they better off?" Stupidity everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
So what if after building the rail, they still refuse to use it?
Are you going to beg them to use the rail as well?
I don't think I've ever heard a more stupid statement from a government official

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by plaindealer: 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dasuks:

Exactly who told you B-Faso needs or Mali needs our coast for trade ? They do not lie within our Sahelian axis... Then again there lies the major problem; a gross simplification of the rlnshps btwn networks and their constituent nodes.. Long established and colonial trade systems direct trade from Ouaga and Bamako toward Abidjan, Dakar and Cotonou. Have you moved goods from there before ? when have they re-routed between multiple borders to send thru Nigeria ? And how much trade do they have, that Nigerian problems would be sidelined for focus on others' headache. You do not drop 200 million USD of your own funds (or incur such a liability in a loan) for a marginal trade hub such as Maradi in SC Niger. Btw, Franco orientation is more important than whatever we are arguing here. Niamey is Paris oriented, you're not going to inordinately extract from their axis. France is its main trade partner (both ways). Also, doesn't the 200 million USD figure bother you? Opportunity cost of 200 million USD to reap what value of trade out of the total 2 billion USD trade activity. The 200 million USD figure is a material cost, in real time. Activity is a conception really. It is never isolated in form, just an expression of aggregate value of transactions. Are you doing a +/- comparison to the overall loan amount ?

How much Africa trade do you do personally if I may ask ? Insecurity and infrastructure is at a ridiculous state right now that it is easier to move produce across Africa than parts of Nigeria with larger market volumes than those countries. There is no just ground! Personally, how much business do you do in the region ? And pls describe to me what firms you're using to route Ouaga and Bamako runs thru Nigerian ports (not fuel coming from northern NGA).. Show me you s-chain manager that is orchestrating multi-country transit (with the other alternatives) and is still employed. Also, what's the Chad point about ? Maradi is not Diffa, it is far removed from that axis .

You're fully aware that the value of trade between Nigeria across its coastal neighbors extending to CIV is degrees more than the entire trade volumes emanating from our Sahelian axis (which is Niger and Chad) ? If anything, the Lagos-Abidjan transport corridor shld be touted when referring to transnational projects worthy of our attention, not this pseudo-economics Amaechi preaching...

Same thing we've had with oil exploration in the NE, where the mere existence of deposits starts an uneconomic sunk cost cycle that yields nothing years after, when we have low agric per-ha yield in those very same areas that could be improved.. Because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Being thorough is not the same thing as being narrow minded. Numbers and reality are not impressions or opinions. The funds should be redirected toward Nigerian internal development.
Like I said earlier, rationalize the independent variables that go into this project against the expected gains and tell me how you come up with the justification. Before stating assumptions, break down what you are saying and explain how these drive quantifiable multipliers for the Nigerian economy, when other parts of the Nigerian landscape are in need of similar attention.

If you actually love Nigeria and believe in the "we" then you would understand what I mean. Esp considering that this project does not exist in isolation. It is inevitably crowding out far more relevant inward projects.

Some notable features of the port of Lome, Togo

Lome services its landlocked neighbors Niger, Burkina Faso and Mali

https://www.kinternational.com/ports-of-call/lome-togo/

To start with, this is your first error and self-induced lack of knowledge and misinformation. The port of Lome services all the landlocked countries the minister mentions and that II mentioned too. Do a little research or just listen to knowledgeable people like the minister, they know more than you, this is their job and what they deal with on daily basis.

When people see you quoting all the meaningless words about axis and Sahel, they'd think you know something when in fact you don't.

If you are going to make claims and opinions to support your arguments, please do so based on facts, not your own personal opinion, opinions that don't reflect real facts.

One thing I dislike is people just making wild claims based on nothing but their own imaginations and opinion.

Many of you think you know more than Amaechi and the folks in the government just because you've convinced yourself that the government is bad when in fact you don't know anything, you don't even know what the minister knows about rail transportation and trade in our region.

Btw, why must $200 million investment, returns on investment of $billion, trade and economic dominance and jobs for decades to come to bother me? I'm not a shallow and mediocre thinker and smart and intelligent investors don't think or worry about instant profit, they think about dominance and decades of returns and economic influence.

You just don't know how happy and glad I am that people with your kind of thinking are not in charge of anything in Nigeria.

Again, stop throwing meaningless words just to sound smart if you don't have facts to back them up with.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by plaindealer: 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, says he personally travelled to Niger Republic to beg the country to allow the Nigerian government to construct the $1.95bn railway from Kano State into Maradi in Niger Republic.

For all you Igbos that are the mouthpiece and apologists for the FULANIS, clamoring for one Nigeria, ask yourself this simple question: "Why would the country that you claim is begging a foreign country to build a rail line for it while neglecting his own citizens?" Does that make any sense? All it does is, tell you that you do not belong. So, you can scream and shout ONE NIGERIA till you are blue in the face, you are still an outcast in the country that you so badly want to belong to. As for Rotimi Amaechi, he's the dumbest and most idiotic person to ever grace this God's green earth. How can his last name be "Amaechi" and yet claim he's not Igbo? Oh, I forgot, him and the rest of them are acting out the script written by their British-Fulani masters telling them that they are not Igbos in their contrived plans to divide an conquer the East. Now, the question is: "Are they better off?" Stupidity everywhere!

Another headline reader misleading and informing himself with a dose of tribalism and bigotry.

Very sad.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by toprealman: 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
Free cash since 1999 for this guy, why won't he continue spewing shii

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by plaindealer: 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
Blue3k:

Im not debating if it's 200 million or billion. I said they weren't being honest about not building into Niger republic. I dont think thats up for debate. I said the deal Amaechi made was bad because it could have been handled muchbetter. Getting them to agree to a relatively small portion of debt shouldnt be that hard considering there wouldnt be any legal challenges with this rail project.

This isn't a marginal concern especially when you consider one of the benefit is then using the lagos port as export hub. Yes regional trade is great and is the bigger selling point actually. They're an ECOWAS partner so that's not the issue.

If Nigeria was so good at implementing good policies to be better than Benin the country wouldn't have lost port traffic to them to begin with. Buhari failed to check corruption at checkpoints, criminality and address the customs charges. These are within the states power they didnt address. I agree nigeria could be more competitive than Benin if there ports become more efficient.

Other than that I got no grapes about the project other than them not being truthful and nigeria paying everything. Im hoping Nigeria collecting revenue on their side of the border to. If so it not all bad but who knows what he agreed to.

What's not up for debate is the fact that we are extending our rail network to Maradi, a border town in Niger, that's on record so there's not dishonesty, not anywhere.

We know what the minister said, he said we are not going into Niger, meaning we are not going deep into Niger which is true, we are basically building to their border town with Nigeria. Maradi is a border town next to Nigeria, not a town or city deep inside Niger, this is the point the minister was making so let's be clear.

And to address your point about having Niger shoulder part of the debt, the fact is, we are investing to for specific reasons mainly our own economic reasons, we want their business, we want to dominate trade routes and trading activities in the region.

The fact that there are other ports in the region to go means there are no incentives or reasons for them to pay or shoulder any cost when the other ports are there for them to go to so that's a non-starter.

The money we are investing is like creating incentives and enabling the environment, we dish out incentives, waivers, tax breaks, free land and so on every day to get what we want in form of investments, jobs and so on so what's so bad or negative when it comes to doing the same thing to secure our and cement our trade and economic dominance in the region.

Now, you are talking about corruption and checkpoints, you need to go back and watch the vide because Amaechi addressed that particular issue and how the rail system we are talking about addressed and eliminate that particular issue.

The system set up trad offices at both ends of the country with customs and border officers to normalized and adjudicate the shipment and from there, the goods heads straight to the port or Niger and beyond without any interruptions, checkpoints, accidents, breakdowns or delays.

About Benin, sure, PMB is the president today and the buck stops with him, but it's very ironic and disingenuous to lay the decades-old problem and bad government policies at his doorsteps because Benin, bribery and smuggling into Nigeria and taking port business from Nigeria has been going on for ages and the last time I checked, Buhari closed the border for months to address the same issue and protect our interest, something that's never been don in the history of Nigeria, this action alone saved our rice industry and farmers.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by UnabashedIPOB: 5:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
plaindealer:

Another headline reader misleading and informing himself with a dose of tribalism and bigotry.

Very sad.

I usually do not respond to inane comments because you sound like a victim of disorganized thinking and of the unfortunate delusion that simply because you have access to social media, means you have enough brain cells to engage in a serious discourse. Inspite of your idiotic rant and reasoning, you still were not able to dispute what I said other than showing your stupidity and reverting to doing what you know too well. Yes, very sad and you're very pathetic!
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
plaindealer:

To start with, this is your first error and self-induced lack of knowledge and misinformation. The port of Lome services all the landlocked countries the minister mentions and that II mentioned too. Do a little research or just listen to knowledgeable people like the minister, they know more than you, this is their job and what they deal with on daily basis.

When people see you quoting all the meaningless words about axis and Sahel, they'd think you know something when in fact you don't.

If you are going to make claims and opinions to support your arguments, please do so based on facts, not your own personal opinion, opinions that don't reflect real facts.

One thing I dislike is people just making wild claims based on nothing but their own imaginations and opinion.

Many of you think you know more than Amaechi and the folks in the government just because you've convinced yourself that the government is bad when in fact you don't know anything, you don't even know what the minister knows about rail transportation and trade in our region.

Btw, why must $200 million investment, returns on investment of $billion, trade and economic dominance and jobs for decades to come to bother me? I'm not a shallow and mediocre thinker and smart and intelligent investors don't think or worry about instant profit, they think about dominance and decades of returns and economic influence.

You just don't know how happy and glad I am that people with your kind of thinking are not in charge of anything in Nigeria.

Again, stop throwing meaningless words just to sound smart if you don't have facts to back them up with.

Lome, Cotonou and Abidjan are more important ports to the countries we are talking about (B-Faso, Niger, Mali). Niger in question moves its most important items (uranium etc) from wherever (up in Agadez and other places) to Cotonou and Lome..

Now what's your grouse with the use of "networks/axis" and the "Sahel"? Sahel to denote exactly the group of countries to which we are referring with one word and axis/network because talking about them without acknowledging the rational and irrational (why I mention emphasize Franco links n interests)drivers, is doing half the job.

Niger is situated within a sub-network that has its own clear motives. The emphasis for 'conseil de l'entente' is on the rail links btwn Mali, B-Faso and Mali (then again saying Sahelian is much easier) with the Abidjan, Lome and Cotonou points within the broader ECOWAS Rail regeneration plan. Niger is actively involved in seeking the 1.6 billion dollar financing for this tho (Zinger!)..they are not being begged by Amaechi's equivalents in Porto Novo and Lome. Another shocker ? There is little to no investment interest. Then again for obvious reasons....

You cannot talk about Maradi as though it is of material benefit to Nigeria vs alternative internal Nigerian projects. And let's leave the whole investment talk out of it... A forced project that involves soft-power enhancing China loans isn't quite the place to suggest that there is such a trend. If it was an important project, we would have seen the investors barking the way they do for the other rail connections within Nigeria.

Given how adamant you are about the potential of this to reroute movement, I would like you to explain to me in more detailed points.. B'cos Amaechi does not do a good job, his points are light and narrative.

Against the other viable projects in Nigeria, on what basis would you capital budget 200 million USD for this. On what front does it add up? (Maradi as a trade node within Niger or broader sahel activity, Niger itself and the degree of its trade activity etc). Perhaps, Im missing something. You ply the route frequently ? Thank you.

Talking about govt.. Lol, I am pretty sure I am allowed to have a stance and commend the govt on where I believe it is doing good (Petroleum industry, Bold centralization of authority) and bad (Security, loan liabilities etc). Amaechi himself also does nothing to present this project properly in any way.

I can see ur points and their validity, but would respectfully disagree because Nigeria has no business going that far. Esp when weighed against the 'gains.' You sound as though you can estimate properly. Are you convinced ? If you're accusing me of assumptions, then we're in the same boat rowing together.

Dont worry about me... I do not play politics or do any of that. Whomever captures power is who will rule Nigeria.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by plaindealer: 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:

I usually do not respond to inane comments because you sound like a victim of disorganized thinking and of the unfortunate delusion that simply because you have access to social media, means you have enough brain cells to engage in a serious discourse. Inspite of your idiotic rant and reasoning, you still were not able to dispute what I said other than showing your stupidity and reverting to doing what you know too well. Yes, very sad and you're very pathetic!

See tantrums over nothing.

What's this anger and tantrums got to do with me saying you read headlines only without reading and understanding the article or what the minister said.

Going by your username, I quoted you against my best judgment because going back and forth with Igbos is not my favorite thing to do.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Blue3k(m): 5:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
plaindealer:

We know what the minister said, he said we are not going into Niger, meaning we are not going deep into Niger which is true, we are basically building to their border town with Nigeria. Maradi is a border town next to Nigeria, not a town or city deep inside Niger, this is the point the minister was making so let's be clear.

The fact that there are other ports in the region to go means there are no incentives or reasons for them to pay or shoulder any cost when the other ports are there for them to go to so that's a non-starter.

About Benin, sure, PMB is the president today and the buck stops with him, but it's very ironic and disingenuous to lay the decades-old problem and bad government policies at his doorsteps because Benin, bribery and smuggling into Nigeria and taking port business from Nigeria has been going on for ages and the last time I checked, Buhari closed the border for months to address the same issue and protect our interest, something that's never been don in the history of Nigeria, this action alone saved our rice industry and farmers.

Wheather it's deep or not isn't the issue. They said they werent and they are which why that's dishonest. The Niger Republic section of rail is 20km out the whole 378km for the rail. The FOI request released by the Federal government stated this fact.

On the cost of contract, the Federal Ministry of Transport insisted that the actual cost of the project is USD 1,959,744,723,71 (One Billion, Nine Hundred and Fifty Nine Million, Seven Hundred and Forty Four Thousand, Seven Hundred and Twenty Dollar and Seventy one Cent) inclusive of 7.5% VAT.
They confirmed that the track length of the rail is 378km starting from Kano – Danbatta – Kazana – Daura – Meshi – Kastina – Jibiya – Maradi (Niger Republic) with branch line to Dutse in Jigawa State. It also confirmed that only 20km of the track length is within Niger Republic while 358km is within Nigeria.

I disagree with your arguement about then not wanting to invest because there's other ports. If that was the case why did they bother working with Benin in the first place for decades trying to achieve this project. They more than willing to invest and nigeria the larger trade partner but thwy choose them for other political reasons. Also have multiple export routes wouldnt hurt them either.

Theres no evidence Shutting down the border had any significant impact on any off the issues we're talking about. The crime rate in general hasn't gone done from what I can guage but we'll have a better idea if the decide to publish the crime report.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by plaindealer: 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dasuks:

Lome, Cotonou and Abidjan are more important ports to the countries we are talking about (B-Faso, Niger, Mali). Niger in question moves its most important items (uranium etc) from wherever (up in Agadez and other places) to Cotonou and Lome..

Now what's your grouse with the use of "networks/axis" and the "Sahel"? Sahel to denote exactly the group of countries to which we are referring with one word and axis/network because talking about them without acknowledging the rational and irrational (why I mention emphasize Franco links n interests)drivers, is doing half the job.

Niger is situated within a sub-network that has its own clear motives. The emphasis for 'conseil de l'entente' is on the rail links btwn Mali, B-Faso and Mali (then again saying Sahelian is much easier) with the Abidjan, Lome and Cotonou points within the broader ECOWAS Rail regeneration plan. Niger is actively involved in seeking the 1.6 billion dollar financing for this tho (Zinger!)..they are not being begged by Amaechi's equivalents in Porto Novo and Lome. Another shocker ? There is little to no investment interest. Then again for obvious reasons....

You cannot talk about Maradi as though it is of material benefit to Nigeria vs alternative internal Nigerian projects. And let's leave the whole investment talk out of it... A forced project that involves soft-power enhancing China loans isn't quite the place to suggest that there is such a trend. If it was an important project, we would have seen the investors barking the way they do for the other rail connections within Nigeria.

Given how adamant you are about the potential of this to reroute movement, I would like you to explain to me in more detailed points.. B'cos Amaechi does not do a good job, his points are light and narrative.

Against the other viable projects in Nigeria, on what basis would you capital budget 200 million USD for this. On what front does it add up? (Maradi as a trade node within Niger or broader sahel activity, Niger itself and the degree of its trade activity etc). Perhaps, Im missing something. You ply the route frequently ? Thank you.

Talking about govt.. Lol, I am pretty sure I am allowed to have a stance and commend the govt on where I believe it is doing good (Petroleum industry, Bold centralization of authority) and bad (Security, loan liabilities etc). Amaechi himself also does nothing to present this project properly in any way. I can see ur points and their validity, but would respectfully disagree because Nigeria has no business going that far. Esp when weighed against the 'gains.' You sound as though you can estimate properly. Are you convinced ?

Dont worry about me... I do not play politics or do any of that. Whomever captures power is who will rule Nigeria.

I don't debate personal opinion and words of mouth, I debate facts.

I was expecting credible facts, articles,s and links by authorities in the field of discussion to read and look at, I showed links to negate your opinion about Mali and the Port of Lome servicing the landlocked countries in our region.

I can not debate personal opinions not supported with faacts.

This is a waste of time.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Oppy2k2: 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
The dullard and his thieves have all destroyed Nigeria without redemption.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by plaindealer: 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
Blue3k:

Wheather it's deep or not isn't the issue. The said they werent and they are which why that's dishonest. The Niger Republic section of rail is 20km out the whole 378km for the rail. The FOI request released by the Federal government stated this fact.

I disagree with your arguement about then not wanting to invest because there's other ports. If that was the case why did they bother working with Benin in the first place for decades trying to achieve this project. They more than willing to invest and nigeria the larger trade partner but thwy choose them for other political reasons. Also have multiple export routes wouldnt hurt them either.

Theres no evidence Shutting down the border had any significant impact on any off the issues we're talking about. The crime rate in general hasn't gone done from what I can guage but we'll have a better idea if the decide to publish the crime report.

Please show us any reference where that comment was made by any government official. The interview which is the source of this topic showed the minister saying the FG is building a rail line to Maradi which is in Niger and you still want us to believe that they are not being honest?

If they did not say they are building anything to Niger, how did you find out about the project if not from the FG.

Maradi is a border town next to Nigeria so where is the need for this argument?

Per your other points, I'll pass, no need to keep going in circles.

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Plusstreet(m): 5:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
Calabar- itu road is a no go area, the coastal road promised them seems to be when the world ends.But we are begging people to construct railway for them. A tiny country for that matter. How else can people hate and punish themselves.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Blackdisciple(m): 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
Senseless government .

You will borrow to construct rail for another country and put your country into dept .
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 31, 2021
plaindealer:

I don't debate personal opinion and words of mouth, I debate facts.

I was expecting credible facts, articles,s and links by authorities in the field of discussion to read and look at, I showed links to negate your opinion about Mali and the Port of Lome servicing the landlocked countries in our region.

I can not debate personal opinions not supported with faacts.

This is a waste of time.

We r both synthesizing on what we know to create our arguments. This is a NL conversation, not a paper. Waste of time or not (U did quote me first)... I'm sure you shld be able to spot any factual inconsistencies in my statements. And what was my point about Lome ? I said that Lome, Cotonou and Abidjan were more important to those countries than our own coastal sites (Lagos etc).

https://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/december-2014/west-africa-new-railway-network-aims-boost-inter-regional-trade
For example, emphasizes the Cotonou and Lome focus.

Niger trade publications also say Cotonou, Lome and Tema being their most important.

Amaechi/FGN can do what they want. They in charge after all, and shouldn't buck.. But when u come out and say certain things, u shld expect certain reactions. Improvising on some math logic, how does this project truly meet up in benefits ?
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by justtoodark: 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2021
soverainity of nigeria is not negotiable....
it was not for the whites,it shall not be for the chinese....
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Blue3k(m): 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
plaindealer:

Please show us any reference where that comment was made by any government official. The interview which is the source of this topic showed the minister saying the FG is building a rail line to Maradi which is in Niger and you still want us to believe that they are not being honest?

If they did not say they are building anything to Niger, how did you find out about the project if not from the FG.

Maradi is a border town next to Nigeria so where is the need for this argument?

Maybe Garba Shehu is uncreditable and should be fired. Last September he said Niger Republic was building rail on their end. The government was being dishonest there's no need for arguement I agree. 20km of rail are being built in Niger Republic on Nigeria's dime those are facts.

However, explaining the scope and form of the project in a number of tweets on his verified Twitter handle, Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said the Nigerian end of the rail line would terminate at the country’s end of the border with Niger.

According to the spokesman, Nigeria and the Niger Republic signed an agreement in 2015 to build a track from their ends, explaining that the two works, named the ‘Kano-Katsina-Maradi Corridor Master Plan (K2M)”, would meet at the border.

“Nigeria isn’t building rail line into Niger but, only to the designated Border point,” Shehu said. “An agreement between Nigeria and Niger in 2015, coordinated by the Nigeria-Niger Joint Commission for Cooperation has a plan for “Kano-Katsina-Maradi Corridor Master Plan, (K2M)” as it is called.

“Going by this, the two nations would each build a rail track to meet at the border town of Maradi.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GarShehu/status/1309181656901844995?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1309181656901844995%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnairametrics.com%2F2020%2F09%2F25%2Fpresidency-denies-building-rail-line-from-nigeria-to-niger-republic%2F

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Cashify: 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
You need a contract
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by UnabashedIPOB: 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
plaindealer:

See tantrums over nothing.

What's this anger and tantrums got to do with me saying you read headlines only without reading and understanding the article or what the minister said.

Going by your username, I quoted you against my best judgment because going back and forth with Igbos is not my favorite thing to do.

When asked why it was so important to extend the rail to Maradi, Amaechi explained that Niger Republic is a landlocked country and has to rely on entrepot trade which means it has to export and import through intermediary countries.

“So, all we are saying is we come to Maradi, we build offices, we build a warehouse, you put your things in the warehouse, you deal with customs at Maradi, deal with immigration at Maradi, deal with police, whatever you need to check. Once you put the goods on top of the wagon, it goes straight to Lagos. When it gets to Lagos, straight to the ship because the things you would do in Lagos, you would have done in Maradi.”

To reasonable person with any reading and comprehension skills, there's no misconstruing and misunderstanding the plain text of what Amaechi said or the context of his statement. If one does, that means they're just plain dumb. So, to say that I "read headlines only without reading and understanding the article or what the minister said," is not only disingenuous but idiotic. As for quoting me against your best judgment simply based on my moniker as you said, tells me that you have no good judgment if you can't read and understand plain written words. I don't waste my valuable time with people that have no ability to reason. And to call me a bigot because I called out Amaechi for denying his Igbo ancestry, then you are not even worth a second of my time. Buh-bye!
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by DrMuzungu(m): 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
His Thiefcellency Amaechi wants to build railroad for another nation while roads in his own nation look like this:

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by plaindealer: 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2021
Blue3k:

Maybe Garba Shehu is uncreditable and should be fired. Last September he said Niger Republic was building rail on their end. The government was being dishonest there's no need for arguement I agree. 20km of rail are being built in Niger Republic on Nigeria's dime those are facts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GarShehu/status/1309181656901844995?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1309181656901844995%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnairametrics.com%2F2020%2F09%2F25%2Fpresidency-denies-building-rail-line-from-nigeria-to-niger-republic%2F

Well, this sounds more like semantics, the minister in charge in the same article you just read in this thread openly said they are extending the railway to Maradi, a border town with Nigeria, it's in the news, it's everywhere, it's not a secrete and Garba said they are building to a designated border point so Maradi is the designated border point. Maradi is the border.

What they are saying is that they are not building deep into Niger, just to the border point so you can argue that the border point should have been inside Nigeria and not inside Niger.

Bottom line, there's no dishonesty anywhere because it's not a secrete that they are extending the rail to Maradi in Niger and if Garba for whatever reason did not properly articulate or differentiate between border town and deep into Nigeria, that's for him to clarify.

...but according to the minister in charge of the project, a federal minister, he clearly articulated where the rail is going and the reason why.

Approach Garba for clarification.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by plaindealer: 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:

When asked why it was so important to extend the rail to Maradi, Amaechi explained that Niger Republic is a landlocked country and has to rely on entrepot trade which means it has to export and import through intermediary countries.

“So, all we are saying is we come to Maradi, we build offices, we build a warehouse, you put your things in the warehouse, you deal with customs at Maradi, deal with immigration at Maradi, deal with police, whatever you need to check. Once you put the goods on top of the wagon, it goes straight to Lagos. When it gets to Lagos, straight to the ship because the things you would do in Lagos, you would have done in Maradi.”

To reasonable person with any reading and comprehension skills, there's no misconstruing and misunderstanding the plain text of what Amaechi said or the context of his statement. If one does, that means they're just plain dumb. So, to say that I "read headlines only without reading and understanding the article or what the minister said," is not only disingenuous but idiotic. As for quoting me against your best judgment simply based on my moniker as you said, tells me that you have no good judgment if you can't read and understand plain written words. I don't waste my valuable time with people that have no ability to reason. And to call me a bigot because I called out Amaechi for denying his Igbo ancestry, then you are not even worth a second of my time. Buh-bye!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXaJarp-vhc

We are not building any railway from Kano to Niger for $1.5 billion.

$1.5 rail line is from Kano-Dutse(Jigawa)-Katsina-Jibia–Maradi, it stretches over 3 huge states before Maradi.

Again, stop reading and running away with headlines, the cost from Nigeria to Maradi is only $200 million.

Watch the video, the minister clearly explained the reason why he begged them and why we need to text the railway to Maradi.

Read, read, read, read and stop regurgitating headlines.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by DedeNkem: 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Building a railway to Niger Republic was a waste of our money, while we've not built railways linking our States!

Of what economic importance is Niger to our country that made this useless government borrow money to embark on this senseless project without Niger Republic financial contribution?!!

Now Buhari and his fellow Fulanis terrorists can ship weapons into North easily via this railway!

Buhari is a huge curse to this country!!
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by plaindealer: 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dasuks:

We r both synthesizing on what we know to create our arguments. This is a NL conversation, not a paper. Waste of time or not (U did quote me first)... I'm sure you shld be able to spot any factual inconsistencies in my statements. And what was my point about Lome ? I said that Lome, Cotonou and Abidjan were more important to those countries than our own coastal sites (Lagos etc).

https://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/december-2014/west-africa-new-railway-network-aims-boost-inter-regional-trade
For example, emphasizes the Cotonou and Lome focus.

Niger trade publications also say Cotonou, Lome and Tema being their most important.

Amaechi/FGN can do what they want. They in charge after all, and shouldn't buck.. But when u come out and say certain things, u shld expect certain reactions. Improvising on some math logic, how does this project truly meet up in benefits ?

I'm not synthesizing anything with you, I do facts, not personal opinion or factless NL banter.

I made a point that you disputed without producing any of your own facts or basis until I showed you facts and proved you wrong.

I'm not synthesizing anything with you or doing the usual NL bluster with meaningless words while trying to sound smart when in fact it's just your own opinion, opinions that are not rooted in facts.

I learn from facts, not opinions and what you think so if you have no facts to trade with, no point going back and for with empty words, you can not pass WAEC with personal opinions, you must read and write down your facts.

Now, according to the link you posted, to start with, check out the date, that's a 2014 article, that's 7 years ago, now, show us the rail line they've built since then. No, railway, you posted their intention to do so 7 years ago.

We'll build and complete ours and kill their rail dreams in the process.

Why are you so eager, excited and pumping your chest to negate and denounce progress and development in your own country while championing other countries over your own country?

Why are you people always against your own country while pumping up countries that are actually beneath you?

must everything be bad and impossible in Nigeria and 100% possible and golden in other countries that we are actually propping up in our region?

The same countries were crying and begging us to open the border when we closed it for several months, why?

Looks like inferiority complects and poor patriotic spirit.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by plaindealer: 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2021
DedeNkem:
Building a railway to Niger Republic was a waste of our money, while we've not built railways linking our States!

Of what economic importance is Niger to our country that made this useless government borrow money to embark on this senseless project without Niger Republic financial contribution?!!

Now Buhari and his fellow Fulanis terrorists can ship weapons into North easily via this railway!

Buhari is a huge curse to this country!!

This post makes me happy that Amaechi is in charge and not you or people like you.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by DedeNkem: 9:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
plaindealer:

This post makes me happy that Amaechi is in charge and not you or people like you.

Of what economic importance is Niger to our country that made this useless government borrow money for the project without Niger Republic contribution?

Niger Republic is a small country of 23.31 million in population while Nigeria is 200+ million. Niger supposed to be the one rushing to build the raiway (not Nigeria) because it will benefit more from our large economy!

So please, answer my question, if you can!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Blue3k(m): 9:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
plaindealer:

Well, this sounds more like semantics, the minister in charge in the same article you just read in this thread openly said they are extending the railway to Maradi, a border town with Nigeria, it's in the news, it's everywhere, it's not a secrete and Garba said they are building to a designated border point so Maradi is the designated border point. Maradi is the border.

What they are saying is that they are not building deep into Niger, just to the border point so you can argue that the border point should have been inside Nigeria and not inside Niger.

Bottom line, there's no dishonesty anywhere because it's not a secrete that they are extending the rail to Maradi in Niger and if Garba for whatever reason did not properly articulate or differentiate between border town and deep into Nigeria, that's for him to clarify.

...but according to the minister in charge of the project, a federal minister, he clearly articulated where the rail is going and the reason why.

Approach Garba for clarification.

Believe what you want even when you see they're lying you call it semantics. Yes I'm aware the government changed their story months after the fact thanks for point out their lie once again. The designated border point could not be Maradi because he said Niger Republic is also building their own rails to the designated border area. Where is Niger Republic building their rail to meet Nigeria? The government was dishonest if we're to believe Shehu was acting in his official capacity.

You're clearly making ad hoc arguments. The government also lied saying they would be building their own rail. Clearly Nigeria is building and funding the project. There's no denying that fact. Again the government was dishonest if we're to believe Shehu was acting in his official capacity.

Nigeria isn't building rail line into Niger but, only to the designated Border point.

Going by this, the two nations would each build a rail track to meet at the border town of Maradi.

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Coolgent(m): 10:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
God will disgrace u in 2023.
Useless man.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by UnabashedIPOB: 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
plaindealer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXaJarp-vhc

We are not building any railway from Kano to Niger for $1.5 billion.

$1.5 rail line is from Kano-Dutse(Jigawa)-Katsina-Jibia–Maradi, it stretches over 3 huge states before Maradi.

Again, stop reading and running away with headlines, the cost from Nigeria to Maradi is only $200 million.

Watch the video, the minister clearly explained the reason why he begged them and why we need to text the railway to Maradi.

Read, read, read, read and stop regurgitating headlines.

Showing the video lends more credence to my contention that you do not have the capacity to read and comprehend. I had highlighted his statement, which to my knowledge you did not dispute, yet you had to show the video as if to say his statement in the video is different from what I had posted. I guess showing the video makes you feel like you had done something noble. My friend, you need to have a rethink. Just listen to your argument..."We are not building any railway from Kano to Niger for $1.5 billion. $1.5 rail line is from Kano-Dutse(Jigawa)-Katsina-Jibia–Maradi, it stretches over 3 huge states before Maradi. Again, stop reading and running away with headlines, the cost from Nigeria to Maradi is only $200 million." Let me ask you, "Where the f**k is Maradi? Whether the cost is $1.5 billion or $200 million, the tax payers of the zoo are still paying the damn bill. But in your infinite wisdom, so long as the amount to extend the rail line to a foreign country is below the $1.5 billion contract amount, it's okay. But you forgot that the same courtesy was not extended to the people of the south east who are supposedly citizens of the same country. You see how you reason? This is exactly what's wrong with the Zoo. You really need to hide your self in shame and stop making a fool of your self because your reasoning is totally warped.
Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
plaindealer:

I'm not synthesizing anything with you, I do facts, not personal opinion or factless NL banter.

I made a point that you disputed without producing any of your own facts or basis until I showed you facts and proved you wrong.

I'm not synthesizing anything with you or doing the usual NL bluster with meaningless words while trying to sound smart when in fact it's just your own opinion, opinions that are not rooted in facts.

I learn from facts, not opinions and what you think so if you have no facts to trade with, no point going back and for with empty words, you can not pass WAEC with personal opinions, you must read and write down your facts.

Now, according to the link you posted, to start with, check out the date, that's a 2014 article, that's 7 years ago, now, show us the rail line they've built since then. No, railway, you posted their intention to do so 7 years ago.

We'll build and complete ours and kill their rail dreams in the process.

Why are you so eager, excited and pumping your chest to negate and denounce progress and development in your own country while championing other countries over your own country?

Why are you people always against your own country while pumping up countries that are actually beneath you?

must everything be bad and impossible in Nigeria and 100% possible and golden in other countries that we are actually propping up in our region?

The same countries were crying and begging us to open the border when we closed it for several months, why?

Looks like inferiority complects and poor patriotic spirit.

What did you prove wrong ? You still showed nothing to prove that the broader region needed to ship thru Nigeria. Ouaga or Mali. Your link was about Lome. Did not make any meaningful statements about any estimated expected benefits ( from an NGA's investor's POV as u positioned urself)

Show u the rail line ? Isn't that the point either way. That we would commit funds/interest to a different party that is finding it hard to secure financing for something that is supposed to be so beneficial (for an even more active route than Maradi). Are we now the regional underwriters ? As if NGA isn't doing enough already OR does not have its own infrastructural deficits to handle.

You shld please point out actual factual errors in full view. List them out. Lol @ the WAEC analogy. Last time I checked u synthesize when writing that (implicitly referencing facts that will be marked down if found to be false).

Funny thing is that my entire stand has been rather pro-Nigeria and derisive of Niger. Nigeria is the demographic and economic heavyweight of the region by far... do not know what u have been interpreting. Patriotism what ? Pro govt on every issue is not equal to patriotism. In ay case leave that topic out of a specific discussion such as this.. Nobody mentioned anything about any other issue. I simply see the opportunity cost of the incurred liability for Niger's sake as unreasonable.

That being said, this is going anywhere....The project will be executed either way.

what did u think u are doing on NL, executing policy ? It is still banter, except u had Amaechi's pen in ur hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
DedeNkem:

Of what economic importance is Niger to our country that made this useless government borrow money for the project without Niger Republic contribution?

Niger Republic is a small country of 23.31 million in population while Nigeria is 200+ million. Niger supposed to be the one rushing to build the raiway (not Nigeria) because it will benefit more from our large economy!

So please, answer my question, if you can!

Thank you very much. Trying to spin a point that I cant get.. He shld answer this particular brief question !! All the other talk is pointless.. How does a second rate trade point in an already bottom feeder country justify the 200 million USD extension. How it affects Nigeria or Nigerians. If this is answered correctly, then we are the ones who are stupid and should go back to Grade 4.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdul Mahmud 'Great Oracle' Summoned By Police / Kaduna: Uba Sani Celebrates As Tribunal Affirms His Election As Governor / Buhari To Attend AU Summit In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.