Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) (4053 Views)

Pls Who Else Is Having Issues With Access Bank Today?? / Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / What I Saw At The Bank Today!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by Philadelphia: 11:58am On Mar 31, 2021
How can a business close for the day due to “end of the month”.

I really don it understand how the end of the month will cause a bank to close by 2pm.

This is a bank that has customers outside under canopies that are queued up to go inside due to COVID-19 restrictions.

1 Share

Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by punisha: 12:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
ok
Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by SavageResponse(m): 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
Philadelphia:

I really don it understand how the end of the month will cause a bank to close by 2pm.

This is a bank that has customers outside under canopies that are queued up to go inside due to COVID-19 restrictions.

There is nothing strange about this.

Maybe the bank wants to do month-end stock taking and cash count so they want to shut down operations during this time

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by Philadelphia: 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
SavageResponse:

Maybe the bank wants to do month-end stock taking and cash count so they want to shut down operations during this time

I know but there’s a better way or a much more better diplomatic way of saying it.

What if they said “to run a monthly maintenance/ upgrade of their information system”?
Or let’s say “due to technical reasons”?

Which one is “due to month end”?

It doesn’t sound professional at all.

Abi na osusu dem dey do there?

11 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by Galacious1: 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
That bank is having technical issues
Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by blazepascal(m): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
zenith bank are having big issue today I can't even withdraw my money I tried pos still same thing
Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by divinepips(m): 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
SavageResponse:

You are right beside, this is the end of the first quarter.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by ribegav: 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
divinepips:
You are right beside, this is the end of the first quarter.

Each quarter is four months. The end of the first quarter is end of April not March.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by BuySweetOrange: 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
Unfortunately they will have to go back home and come back at a later date.
Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by Yazmin: 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
ribegav:

Each quarter is four months. The end of the first quarter is end of April not March.

Hello,

Each year has 12 months and four quarters.

Dividing 12 months by 4 means each quarter is 3 months.

Thus March, June, September and December are the end of 1st, 2nd , 3rd and 4th Quarters respectively.

Hope this helps clarify.

Ciao!

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
ribegav:

Ignorance shouldn’t be accompanied by such flagrant display of confidence!

There are 4 quarters in a year, each comprised of 3 months.

5 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
this can't be Lagos
Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by heed101(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
;D3
Yazmin:

Hello,

Each year has 12 months and four quarters.

Dividing 12 months by 4 means each quarter is 3 months.

Thus March, June, September and December are the end of 1st, 2nd , 3rd and 4th Quarters respectively.

Hope this helps clarify.

Ciao!
This your hello sound funny grin

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by Harrykn: 12:50am On Apr 01, 2021
Accountants and bankers hate English language.
Na that alaye wey dey customer Service write this End of the month Inglish

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 01, 2021
Philadelphia:

Closing their books for the month.

When you leave the bank at 4pm, most of their workers close at 8-9pm, while that involves daily closing of books.

Imagine month end.
Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by Cutehector(m): 3:51am On Apr 01, 2021
ribegav:

chai.. If to say you no comment, we for no know say you no get sense. Wasted education.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by Nobody: 3:52am On Apr 01, 2021
Every bsnk closes early on the last working day of the month, to allow their IT team to carry out the month end activities of closing their books. This is more apparent when the last working day falls during the week instead of a weekend, as it leaves no time to play with, as thw bank must be open to customers by 8am the next day.
Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by Prussian: 7:26am On Apr 01, 2021
ribegav:

No go dey do pass yourself...
Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by savageyoungboy(m): 7:52am On Apr 01, 2021
Philadelphia:

I know but there’s a better way or a much more better diplomatic way of saying it.

What if they said “to run a monthly maintenance/ upgrade of their information system”?
Or let’s say “due to technical reasons”?

Which one is “due to month end”?

It doesn’t sound professional at all.

Abi na osusu dem dey do there?
Lol they probably did that so that the average Nigerian will understand and they won't loose customers.
Re: What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) by femi4: 8:23am On Apr 01, 2021
ribegav:

cry kiss cry

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money With The Internet / Have You Experienced This With Facebook Ads? / SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.