Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage (38068 Views)

Is There Really Any Point Or Gain In Being A Good Girl? / What Do Men Gain In Sucking Breast With No Milk?* / Can A Man Stand His Ground To Say "He Dos'ent Fear Womenfolks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by ibedun: 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
rocknation62:
Half of the men will gain stability, support, love and commitment if they make a good choice in a wife. The other half will make alimony payments, pay child support and be dragged through the courts until he's broke and his name in mud.

Choose wisely

You are a liar! The number is much less.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by DEMZEE(m): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
Men and women love differently

Men love idealistically
Women love opportunistically

In marriage, the woman is the submissive gender and in charge of the domestic decisions in the home while the man is the dominant gender and in charge of the critical and financial decisions in the home.

Once u understand this reality then you will b well equipped for marriage

7 Likes

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Akuruoulo(m): 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
rocknation62:
Half of the men will gain stability, support, love and commitment if they make a good choice in a wife. The other half will make alimony payments, pay child support and be dragged through the courts until he's broke and his name in mud.

Choose wisely
Nice one
Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by abbey621(m): 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
The honest truth is when you look at it strictly from a business/risk viewpoint, men SHOULD NEVER GET MARRIED! However, when you look at it from the point of emotional connection, ability to secure a partner that shares a common goal with you, ability to continue enjoying her without fear of another man sharing her, ability to not only have kids but for those kids to have a stable home based on love, respect and family values. When you consider all these things, you would be MAD not to get married!

Let me be frank with you, life itself is a risk, if we considered all the bad things that happens in life, most of us would tell baba God not to send us down. So as a risk taker, did you do your feasibility study? Did you analyze the risks and what controls did you put in place to ensure you married a good wife and she doesn't turn into someone that would bleed you dry? If you're wealthy, do you have a prenup? Religious consultations( Pastor, Alfa, Ifa & Google)? Background checks includinfg social media history? Did you analyze her family? Any generational or imminent curse?

Marriage can be sweet once you lay the proper foundation, build it on honesty and facts then watch it blossom, build it on lies and secrets then watch it implode and ruin you. The greatest factor is not why but who.....Pick the right who and the why becomes easy!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by DEMZEE(m): 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
aremuforlife:
Marriage is made for both men and women to enjoy and contribute. They should both have equal contributions and everything should be ours and not mine or yours

Equality is a myth

Especially in marriage

4 Likes

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by ibedun: 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
globalresource:

We have more sick children nowadays

Let him decide not to marry lol

Don’t focus on him, TELL US THE BENEFITS!

2 Likes

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by mayberry1(f): 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
You are giving yourself excuses not to get married, if your Dad had thought this way I bet you wouldn't be here writing trash.
Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Akuruoulo(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mexyz:
You guys should stop painting that institution called marriage bad na, some of us that are currently looking forward to it are scared as hell..
Okay, let me say am so scared with the way people on social media badmouth marriage.
ONLY ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by DEMZEE(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
MrSamsung:
Nothing if you married all those girls who have bleeped their bodies and soul away in universities, corporate world and the real world.

But you will gain a lot more if you marry the one who has respect for her body and worth. Keeping it 'clean' for the one truly deserving, not for man-whores and fvckboys even if the only man she has tasted is a late husband or one boyfriend. For this kind of lady would understand the importance of building with, sticking with, enjoying with and suffering with one man

But unfortunately majority of Nigerian men don't deserve good women because they can't and don't encourage and discipline one female into one. You want to know why, watch or get to know thier action from childhood to adulthood.

Trash!!!!

why blame the men, aren't the women also fucking around too

Ur point is dull

This is beta male way of thinking

Women are sexual objects
Men are success objects

9 Likes

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by emperorsversion(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
I'm clueless to how I will eventually end up..... because it you all like rant from now till tomorrow. Marriage is a living torment and you mustn't be married before you are tagged as one responsible or somebody. Money does, see I can't just compromise peace of mind abeg, Forget all those emotional talkers who are accusing OP of typing rubbish, yet they couldn't raise any salient or counter points.

P.s. Ask Boris Johnson and many top personalities, there is a reason they had just partners and not wives. woman wahala ehnn.... after marriage you are helpless as a man oo, this is why they try so hard to marry.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Akuruoulo(m): 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
aremuforlife:
Marriage is made for both men and women to enjoy and contribute. They should both have equal contributions and everything should be ours and not mine or yours
IT SHOULDN'T BE EQUAL JAREH
Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by toprealman: 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
SmartPolician:

Answer his questions
Some questions are not a straight yes or no. The contextual factors should be addressed too.
Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by yeman1(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
igbosoupkitchen:

If you married a bad wife and this is your situation,or you are a product of the type of marriage you have stated please let us know ,,then modify the topic to be about you rather than generalize.That way we can sympathise with you .

What you give is what you get, you may need to check yourself and be a better husband or child so that your situation can change for better

It's a big like. I still don't know what a woman wants in this life. After providing everything for them , even helping them do house chores , they still fumble big time. I'm not saying men are perfect. But just a simple things to do in marriages to keep your home but most women nowadays don't do it. They would start to play feminist with their husbands that they have Equal right . Bla bla bla.. rubbish . That's why u see many broken homes

6 Likes

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
DEMZEE:

There's nothing like a good woman

All women are transactional by nature dont confuse that to mean every transaction is always a finanacial one, although finance and being able to provide is a big part of a woman's DNA because they are nurturers and needs to provide for her offspring! A so called good woman is simply a woman whose needs are catered for and respects the fact that her needs are being catered for where she is . Let those needs not be catered for and you will unleash the beast!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Alexaonfleek: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
Ask ur papa why e marry ur mama give birth to u
Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by DEMZEE(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
itsRhamzy:
Nothing much..

You marry her and foot almost all bills including hers.

Both of you get children.

The responsibility of those children rests on your laps from school bills to feeding for at least 2 decades while your wife contributes almost nothing in those bills. she'll tell you it's your responsibility.

A man can survive alone but a woman can't.

She wants your commitment in raising her children in the best possible ways as you're the disposable gender.

You're just a workhorse tool to fulfil her most desired needs -money, commitment, children etc.

So when you look at these factors as a man, you figure the only thing you gain is kids.. feel free to delude yourself.

That's why u are a man

Men must become, men are judged by their burden of performance

As long as u are not cuckold, u have ur own seed that bears ur DNA and continues ur lineage

1 Like

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Akanaz(m): 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
Men stand to gain a lot of benefits from marriage. The big question now is to what extent?

Respect: As a married man, people will start to see you as someone who is responsible. Whether you like it or not, people will start respecting you because of your new social status (married man).

Meal: Do you know waking up every morning and coming back home after a long day at work to eat your favorite meal is one of the greatest feelings? I know some would say you can easy get it from the canteen or side chick, but it will never be at par with the one prepared by someone you've committed yourself to.

Children: Wait, did I just hear someone say baby daddy? As much as some people would love to raise their kids independently, trust me, there's great significance in raising the children together (husband and wife) as each parent have some particular roles peculiar to them in the life of their children.

I didn't say bills and sex here because after a close look, you would discover these has already been subtly included as their can be no responsibility without bill same thing with sex and children.

The most important thing we should just pray and work hard for as a man is a good wife and strong financial base.

As much as marriage is important, it shouldn't be made a priority when you're still struggling.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Akuruoulo(m): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
MrSamsung:
Nothing if you married all those girls who have bleeped their bodies and soul away in universities, corporate world and the real world.

But you will gain a lot more if you marry the one who has respect for her body and worth. Keeping it 'clean' for the one truly deserving, not for man-whores and fvckboys even if the only man she has tasted is a late husband or one boyfriend. For this kind of lady would understand the importance of building with, sticking with, enjoying with and suffering with one man

But unfortunately majority of Nigerian men don't deserve good women because they can't and don't encourage and discipline one female into one. You want to know why, watch or get to know thier action from childhood to adulthood.
WHY END THE GOOD THING U ARE SAYING WITH TRASH ?
Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
Marriage doesn't make any sense to me. I have seen myriads of marriages and there is nothing meaningful about that thing called marriage. These old folks pressure you into it so you can suffer like them, remember "misery loves company". Below are why you shouldn't find your way into that bondage called marriage

1. All women are the same, the unicorns are like 0.0001% of the entire female population. Don't be deceived by the religious ones. Yes! those ones that carry church and mosque on their head like gala, they will kill you faster. They have this illusionary sense of "holiness" that they carry about. They are very careful with chatting, you can't play with them because they are too holy, they feel too big to text because they are holier than the holyspirit, some too become too holy at times to have sex with their husband sometimes pushing the man to adultery and they themselves are very good potential adulterers don't be deceived by speaking in tongues and long skirts. That's is why some men opt for so called former runs girls as wives because character wise a bad lady can act so good and become well mannered for her man, doesn't mean she can't kill him tomorrow but it's better to marry someone that is obviously a bad girl than marry one that thinks she is an angel but a devil in disguise. THE BEST IS DONT JUST MARRY AT ALL.

2.FINANCIAL Brouhaha: If you are a man just finding his bearing in life the last thing you want on your neck is a liability known as wife and some kids to cater for. Oga go and make money and enjoy your life. The world is over populated already. There are so many out of school children roaming on the street, why can't you use your wealth to lift them up. who knows you might be raising a future president. And what is the guarantee that the children you suffered and spent money to raise will look at your face to acknowledge and reverence you. some will leave and you will never see them again till u die and it's time to bury you. Some will say it is selfishness not to marry and raise a family, let me tell you now. It's is actually more selfish to get married why? because you want to have your own children, you want to brag about your children to friends, you want to eat the so called "f*cking fruit of your labour" wherever that came from which u may never taste because no child owes u anything.

Finally, The Greatest Book in the world; The Bible says "It's is good for a man not to touch a woman...." and singles and widows should remain unmarried" no be me talk am na Bible!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by DEMZEE(m): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
isthatso:

All women are transactional by nature dont confuse that to mean every transaction is always a finanacial one, although finance and being able to provide is a big part of a woman's DNA because they are nurturers and needs to provide for her offspring! A so called good woman is simply a woman whose needs are catered for and respects the fact that her needs are being catered for where she is . Let those needs not be catered for and you will unleash the beast!!

Women love opportunistically

If u don't give her security especially financial security, she's going to leave ur ass. Women are hypergamous and are always looking for the best male mate to lockdown

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by sweetkev(m): 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
tiredoflife:

lies
if u no buy that wig no toto
if u no take her to that trip no toto
if u no open shop for her no toto
if u no buy that car no toto
their toto is metered
its pay as u go even in marriage wink wink
Bros I'm passing through that at the moment cry

2 Likes

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by JustforMen: 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
gudvibz:
Truth be told same can be asked of some women. I mean if u truly are honest you'll see that there are homes where women are the financial backbone yet you don't hear them crying or screaming for the world to hear.

I have seen homes where the men where just figure heads ,the women do everything yet the man takes the glory and they aren't dead.WHAT DO U SUPPOSE THE WOMAN IS GAINING FROM SUCH OGA POSTER

that is the exception... the exception does not prove the rule. it is anecdotal evidence.
In general, the man is expected to bear the burden of providing and protecting the family.
If a woman does not provide, nobody calls her a useless woman because no one expects anything from her.
tnhe question is what does a man gain for being the main provider and protector?
can you say it.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Kennedyiheme: 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
gudvibz:
Truth be told same can be asked of some women. I mean if u truly are honest you'll see that there are homes where women are the financial backbone yet you don't hear them crying or screaming for the world to hear.

I have seen homes where the men where just figure heads ,the women do everything yet the man takes the glory and they aren't dead.WHAT DO U SUPPOSE THE WOMAN IS GAINING FROM SUCH OGA POSTER
shut up, na so una go dey lie say “ive seen i’ve seen... you haven’t seen Shi;t.... we all know 95% percent of the time the man takes responsibility of his home... don’t come here lying about how you’ve seen....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Edusouls(m): 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
Shut up � stupid girl, see things have changed men are now wiser, that’s why men don’t marry nowadays as they do back then, because we have realised that the we gain nothing from marriage but suffering till death, that’s why women pray and crave to get married cos they are the parasites
gudvibz:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by DEMZEE(m): 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
NewSoul:
Marriage doesn't make any sense to me. I have seen myriads of marriages and there is nothing meaningful abount that thing called marriage. This old folks pressure you into it so you can suffer like them, remember "misery loves company". Below are why you shouldn't find your way into that bondage called marriage

1. All women are the same, the unicorns are like 0.0001% of the entire female population. Don't be deceived by the religious ones. Yes! those ones that carry church and mosque on their head like gala, they will kill you faster. They have this illusionary sense of "holiness" that they carry about. They are very careful with chatting, you can't play with them because they are too holy, they feel too big to text because they are holier than the holyspirit, some too become too holy at times to have sex with their husband sometimes pushing the man to adultery and they themselves are very good potential adulterers don't be deceived by speaking in tongues and long skirts. That's is why some men opt for so called former runs girls as wives because character wise a bad lady can act so good and become well mannered for her man, doesn't mean she can't kill him tomorrow but it's better to marry someone that is obviously a bad girl then marry one that thinks she is an angel but a devil in disguise. THE BEST IS DONT JUST MARRY AT ALL.

2.FINANCIAL Brouhaha: If you are a man just finding his bearing in life the last thing you want on your neck is a liability known as wife and some kids to cater for. Oga go and make money and enjoy your life. The world is over populated already. There are so many out of school children roaming on the street, why can't you use your wealth to lift them up. who knows you might be raising a future president. And what is the guarantee that the children you suffered and spent money to raise will look at your face to acknowledge and reverence you. some will leave and you will never see them again till u die and it's time to bury you. Some will say it is selfishness not to marry and raise a family, let me tell you now. It's is actually more selfish to get married why? because you want to have your own children, you want to brag about your children to friends, you want to eat the so called "f*cking fruit of your labour" wherever that came from which u may never taste because no child owes u anything.

Finally, The Greatest Book in the world; The Bible says "It's is good for a man not to touch a woman...." and singles and widows should remain unmarried" no be me talk am na Bible!

Trash

So u will stop ur lineage and ancestry line all because u cant find a unicorn

Do u even understand women's sexual mating strategy and Women's nature
Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Alexaonfleek: 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
Ishilove:
Don't you people ever get tired of the same shitty arguments?
very rubbish argument
Something he's supposed to sit down and ask his father
Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Dpaulie(m): 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
Useless post.. you must not be older than 14... must u showcase your stupidity
Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by JustforMen: 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2021
DEMZEE:

Trash

So u will stop ur lineage and ancestry line all because u cant find a unicorn

Do u even understand women's sexual mating strategy and Women's nature
cant the so called lineage be continued without martiage?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by Omoluabiii(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
Except the lord build the house, the builders build in vain.
It is your duty as a man, to find the perfect woman that will make marriage, burden ease for you...
The man's main job is the foundation, the rest, should be equal effort.
This starts from equal effort on bed, to finance, to care, to child upbringing....
And to equal rewards to be shared between whatever you both laboured for.
Be careful, this rule very delicate, and a single error in principle affects the man more..
Thats why most men now re complaining.
They failed to put simple rules first.
And now we feel the pain.
May God help us

1 Like

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by ibedun: 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

A heir to your throne as a King. That's just it nd companionship. And fulfilment of the scripture also. Yes, that's it.

No longer necessary or critical to life!!!

1 Like

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by tiredoflife(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
sweetkev:
Bros I'm passing through that at the moment cry

toto has been weaponized grin grin grin

sorry oh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does A Man Stand To Gain In Marriage by MrSamsung(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
DEMZEE:

Trash!!!!

why blame the men, aren't the women also fucking around too

Ur point is dull

This is beta male way of thinking

Women are sexual objects
Men are success objects

Look at who is quoting me. A very good and typical example of the kind of men we have now. Shockingly, many are adults and over grown up men who think they are matured. If women are sexual objects and they are not fvcking sticks or stones but men, then what do you truly called the men?

Anyways, when it comes to the blame game, do you really think that in any society or community that the blame should go to the women? Or shared, in which the female got the highest blame?

Think again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Does Semen Makes The Hips And Ass Bigger? / Woman Cries For A Husband And Kids And Says She Feels "Betrayed By Feminism" / 'Why Ladies Should Stop Driving Men Away' - Nigerian Woman Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.