Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures (3177 Views)

The Only South-easterner In Aso Villa Is A Photographer - Senator Abaribe / Doyin Okupe: PDP Must Change Name To Defeat APC In 2023 Presidential Election / JMPP: We Will Fence Nigeria, Change Name Of Nigeria To Pisonia & Naira To Pison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Nigeriabiafra82: 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
Some years ago, I was chasing a federal government job, my contact reached out to me and asked me to go change my name to a Northern name, as that was the only guarantee for me to get the job. I declined. That was the moment it dawned on me that I am a "Biafran boy" in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by CaptainPrice1: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2021
It's a lie. No one will tell you this. Do you think it's easy to change your name completely? All dz beer parlour lies and Twitter Fabu sef.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Parachoko: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2021
No, I've not.
Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by notym2chektym: 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
CaptainPrice1:
It's a lie. No one will tell you this. Do you think it's easy to change your name completely? All dz beer parlour lies and Twitter Fabu sef.
It's actually true, peoples change name to Hausa name to get jobs in Nigeria.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by CaptainPrice1: 3:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
notym2chektym:

How many have you seen?

3 Likes

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by notym2chektym: 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
CaptainPrice1:

How many have you seen?
uncountable , some even change to Muslim Reason we need to break away from this fraud called Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by omaclarry(m): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
CaptainPrice1:

Tijani Babangida did change his name, also met a man in Kaduna, his name was Ibrahim, but spoke fluent igbo... he told me how he was asked to change his name in primary school for scholarship.
Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Muna4real(f): 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:
Some years ago, I was chasing a federal government job, my contact reached out to me and asked me to go change my name to a Northern name, as that was the only guarantee for me to get the job. I declined. That was the moment it dawned on me that I am a "Biafran boy" in Nigeria.

I have witnessed this so many times. Some just put muslim or hausa names after their real names just to show some relationship with the north so they would be employed. And yes,they were employed for that.

2 Likes

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by hollah123: 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
notym2chektym:

I guess they also change d names on their documents too right from primary school?

Nigeria isn't good n that's undisputed but the way u people are always talking her down all the time makes people see u as an hater n that's y nobody looks at your side any longer.....u blame Nigeria at d slightest opportunity n your leaders aren't any better

5 Likes

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by hollah123: 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:
u these people n your propaganda,any prove to that allegation?

2 Likes

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by BigSarah(f): 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
So many people change names and state of origin because of this quota system stuff not new

1 Like

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by ANTIGAY(m): 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
CaptainPrice1:
GO AND ASK ABOUT ONE RETIRED CAPTAIN BUDE JOHNSON, HE CHANGED HIS NAME TO HAUSA NAME FOR HIM TO GET PROMOTED

1 Like

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Nigeriabiafra82: 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
hollah123:
You don’t need to believe everything
Even Nigeria you believed in is fallacy and lies

2 Likes

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nothing new here, Arrewa and other hypocrites you are needed here
Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
CaptainPrice1:
Then you don't know the parallel laws. working in the north

Even a Chadian or Niger man can enter this country and arrange Nigeria identity for himself

Where were you when underage were voting

3 Likes

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by OBALOLA55(m): 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

cool

4 Likes

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by hollah123: 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

if a dog barks always,with time nobody will pay attention to it irrespective of the message it's trying to pass across.

This is just d case of the Igbos in Nigeria,when u complain too much n u complain about everything,there will be a time nobody will look at your side again cos they believe it's your normal noise.
Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Biafrannuke: 6:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
CaptainPrice1:
Go tell that to someone like Celestine Babayaro who is from Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by vickyfrancis1(m): 6:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
It's very true... it doesn't get the needed attention it requires. I have a friend called Ekwedike Abraham Fortune ( that was his name during our primary school). was surprised after so many years I received one friend request on FB, the name I saw was Ibrahim Fortune...I was like how come, how fr, wetin xup, are you now a Muslim?
My man told me how he had to swear an affidavit to change his name so he could land a job with FERMA or so... though he's a big boy now living in Abj...but the hustle is real and the segregation is not being talked about enough.
Na Hausa/Fulani/ Muslim get this obodo ooo...
know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Nigeriabiafra82: 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
hollah123:
if a dog barks always,with time nobody will pay attention to it irrespective of the message it's trying to pass across.

This is just d case of the Igbos in Nigeria,when u complain too much n u complain about everything,there will be a time nobody will look at your side again cos they believe it's your normal noise.

Because people complain to much
That doesn’t change the message
An igbo adage says
Where a kid is pointing and the same time crying
His either parents must be there,
You want us to stop
We won’t

1 Like

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by notym2chektym: 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
hollah123:
I guess they also change d names on their documents too right from primary school?

Nigeria isn't good n that's undisputed but the way u people are always talking her down all the time makes people see u as an hater n that's y nobody looks at your side any longer.....u blame Nigeria at d slightest opportunity n your leaders aren't any better
Are you this inexposed?
Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by IgweOfNnewi: 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
ok
Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by capitalzero: 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
hollah123:

Chairman , that thing na true. I saw many people like that during NYSC year in the north. It is either you have Muslim or hausa name.

1 Like

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by venger: 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
All this cock and bull story will not take you people anywhere, if it happened to be true, then the hypothesis of "An igbo man can do anything for money and position is true", As in who in his/her right senses will change their birth name given to them by their parent all in the name of money and position. Spit

3 Likes

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by MrSamsung(m): 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
'Christianity' has turned strong men and people into weak men and people.

Non of you will understand this statement.

You guys better be strong enough to divde this country. Smh
Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
notym2chektym:

Liar.
Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
capitalzero:

Chairman , that thing na true. I saw many people like that during NYSC year in the north. It is either you have Muslim or hausa name.

You are a liar.
Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
IPOB PEOPLE ARE KNOWN FOR LIES

Igbo man will change his name to hausa with his igbolectic face and igboic accent.

Even if an igboman is born in the north, his face cutting is different

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

Anyone changing his name is a fool and a desperado.

Nobody to blame but greediness and Stupidity will make someone do such.

Inukwa Change of name.
Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2021
Rumors are spread by fools and believed by idiots.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by DarlingtonC: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2021
CaptainPrice1:
Don't say what you don't know. Those things happen so so common
Re: Easterner force to change name for FG works,pictures by Chibuzoc(m): 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2021
That's why I say Igbo Muslims are scam nothing like Igbo Muslims.
My God father Augustin by name later changed to abubakar just because of a contract

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Has United The Niger Delta People / Bigotry Only Reason Igbos Chose Peter Obi Ahead Of Bola Tinubu / Peter Obi Supporter Complain Bitterly About Osun Labour Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.