Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage (44975 Views)

Mohbad Beaten Up At Naira Marley's Home / Genevieve Nnaji: "My Own Feminism Is Just Human Rights" / Josephine Edochie: Pete Edochie's Wife And Yul Edochie's Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by TheSupleemLeada(m): 3:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
Veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie, has said feminism should be held responsible for the domestic violence women suffer in marriage.

The actor told BBC Igbo that modern women lack a basic skill like cooking to keep their husbands happy, adding that women are usually to blame for cases of domestic violence.

He noted that any woman who cannot cook has lost the right to refer to herself as a woman.

He said, "Feminism isn’t something black people are known for. Once a woman leaves her parents to meet her husband and takes his surname, she is to be submissive to him. If she wasn’t married, she can do whatever she wants.
"Women walk and show off their behinds, it’s so that men would find them. If you see such a woman and express your marriage interest, then she starts walking properly. Our women now plunge into feminism nowadays.

“They can’t even keep their husbands anymore. Is that a good thing? These women are schooled but a lot of wives now can’t even cook — one thing that a woman should be good in so as to be able to keep her husband.

“My mother was not educated but she would cook all sorts of soups, including bitter leaf, Oha, Ogbono, Okro, Egusi, Ukwa, and what have you. My father would always get back home hurriedly to eat what his wife had cooked.

“Today, our wives can’t even cook anymore. Women who can’t cook aren’t supposed to call themselves women. And feminism is what causes women to be beaten up in marriages. You complain to a woman and she retorts.

"It becomes unbearable, so you stretch your arm and deal her a slap. Domestic violence starts. I don’t like seeing women crying because it hurts me deeply. But it is the fault of the woman herself a lot of times.”

According to Edochie, feminism has no place in Nigeria’s culture.

He continued, “To be honest, the understanding of women is low. I’m not a misogynist but I’ve associated with them a lot, even at work. Feminism has no place in our culture. We don’t worship women as the whites do.

“In the west, women could join forces and accuse a male colleague of assault. The man resigns. This can’t happen in our culture. As a young woman, if pedestrians don’t admire you, you’d weep for fear of not being beautiful.

"I’m a strong adherent of culture. Kneeling to put a ring on a woman’s hands is not our culture. Any man who does that transfers the headship of his family to that woman. Until my dad died at 96, he never knelt to propose.

“It’s just like kneeling down on entering a church because there’s a higher being to whom you’re paying respect. Men climb trees to tap palm wine. How does it look if women do the same? Today women dictate to men.

“It wasn’t like that in our days. How women talk to men nowadays isn’t how we were raised. My mother was never beaten. My wife and I have been married for 52 years. I never beat her. My five married sons don’t beat their wives.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/03/31/feminism-why-women-get-beaten-marriage-%E2%80%94pete-edochie

292 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by comycon: 3:28pm On Mar 31, 2021
i have so much respect for this man

601 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by meobizy(f): 3:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
Okay. Good. Mr Biggs still dey, abi?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by joycedap: 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
this man should be advising our president

354 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nairaland feminist won't be happy on seeing this news

380 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
joycedap:
this man should be advising our president
Dead men don't speak nor hear

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Panacea278: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
Where is zzor

43 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by princechurchill(m): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
keep saying the Truth Sir Pete those wey no wan hear will be seeking for God's intervention in shiloh when menopause don give them left-hook, southpaw, body shot,and finally uppercut

231 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by salbis(m): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
Some people no go like dis simple but candid counsel. Well spoken Odugwu!

156 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by BigDawsNet: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
Life is like a penis: some women make it hard for no reason. undecided

134 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Deathforall: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
This man would have been a better president than that lifeless terrorist aka ajala the useless traveler
Hell even a dead dog can do better than buhari.

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
Gbam!!!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Bobotic(m): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
Lemme channel the speaker to Instagram direct abeg no time grin grin grin

180 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Igbankpa(m): 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
A miss, but not in entirety! some cases though not all. bros k wife is subtle, meek, humble, cooks good food and loyal but the mudafvcker go still play her like ball when him brain touch. how about that?

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Dalil8: 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nothing but the truth.

The only issue i have with Feminism are those good for nothing weaklings, pvssies (Men) that identify themselves as feminists.

Stop interfering in women's business. Leave Feminism for women and start fighting for Men's right. No one's gonna do it for you, not even the women you claim to be fighting for.

If you're a guy and you call yourself a feminist, shame on you. You're not worthy to be called a Man. Go buy yourself a Vagina..
. undecided undecided

223 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by DennisEche(m): 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
grin grin baba for the boys, Pete Edochie has been liberating Simps since time Immemorial except those wey no get sense

212 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by OzziOhinoyi(m): 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
Mazi Edochie setting the records straight.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Abboki: 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by saphiere(f): 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
First it was: If your husband is cheating, buy him condoms.

Now it is: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage.

How is women empowerment the reason for women getting beaten?

If these are not symptoms of old age what are they?

Modified:
I got it now. He means when women get empowered, their husbands beat them cause they are scared their wives would be doing better than them.
Men and their low self-esteem.

YelloweWest:

This man is a plain idiot. It a sane clime, nobody would grant him an interview to spew such trash.
My father is older than him but will never encourage violence against women.

"If your husband is cheating buy him condoms"

"If your wife comes home drunk, break every bone in her body"

Why can't he advice men to tolerate their wives the way he adviced women to tolerate their cheating husband?

His a stupìd old piece of shìt!
I stop taking him serious the day he said if a man wants to buy a car for his married daughter, he should buy in her husband's name. What rubbish? He thinks this is stone age. Even his son does not support him.

It's old age

Calitoscassius:
don't mind them low self esteemed backwards Nigerian men,. cheesy they are looking for a slave/doormat for a wife.

Every time they are bashing their women as if them the men are saints, what else can they offer a woman? apart from the so called marriage. Marriage which most of them cannot even handle. grin
God bless you

47 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by ijewejones: 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
"Feminism isn’t something black people are known for. Once a woman leaves her parents to meet her husband and takes his surname, she is to be submissive to him. If she wasn’t married, she can do whatever she wants.

Where are those(especially) the moniker on Nairaland that keep saying the future is female?

The bolded is for you to change that thought or your future will be like the below angry

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Anigreat: 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
shocked

God bless you chief for knowing the reality on ground.

A woman cannot try to be equal with the husband in the house and you expect peace to reign there.

saphiere:
First it was: If your husband is cheating, buy him condoms.

Now it is: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage.

How is women empowerment the reason for women getting beaten?

If these are not symptoms of old age what are they?

Will you shut up that your mouth. What do you know? rather than shouting the future is female. You know that the great sage is saying the truth but the stupid feminist tendency must possessed you to type nonsense.

You're a mere online feminist, in reality you're so timid before guys.

157 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by lekki1444: 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
shocked this nigga too old to be talking this crazy

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Queenlovely(f): 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
No comment because I would be biased.

things are changing.

Do you want us to be in bondage like Muslim women.
You will have to make education Haram for girls.

Education dey tear eyes

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by TheSupleemLeada(m): 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by id4sho(m): 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by Tonyspecial(m): 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
really

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by dante0147: 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
Lol
Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by BigSarah(f): 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
Not really, being married to a beast Is what leads to being beaten... Some men love feminists

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pete Edochie: Feminism Is Why Women Get Beaten Up In Marriage by savageyoungboy(m): 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
Legend like Pete Edochie, we respect and FEAR you but this isn't it
So you mean to tell me that in "blood apart" na feminism na make you beat Ozokwor when Ozokwor dey young and na still feminism make her beat you back when you old

8 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Ayo Silver Animashaun Car Crushed By Trailer In Terrible Accident (Photos) / PHOTO: Maheeda Is Now A Graduate / Tillaman Brutalized By Police In Lagos (Alaafin Of Oyo's Son)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.