Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? (3464 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) / Has Someone Made You Mad? Come Here And Let It Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by snazzydawn(f): 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2006
This NEPA sef. They have done so many things to us in this country. People have died because of NEPA. People have lost opportunities because of NEPA.

On the 18th day of March, 1984, all but one of the babies in the [LUTH?] incubating room died because of NEPA's antics.The one surviving baby is none other than me! (I was born premature at 6 months).

Now,there are instances when you want to do something important, or are watching an interesting movie or a match, and NEPA strikes. Maddening, huh? Well,come and tell us about your experiences with NEPA!

1 Like

Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by layi(m): 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2006
JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!

lipsrsealed
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Ndipe(m): 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2006
@layi, dont take the name of the Lord in vain.

Interesting@snazzydown. I am writing a novel about Nepa's inefficiency in Nigeria. At first, I used to be disappointed by the power failure in Nigeria. You could be watching a movie in the middle of the night with your siblings, and boom, Nepa strikes. Now living in America with its massive electrical output, I now reminiscence fondly on blackouts in Nigeria, that led to outdoor activity in Calabar. Nepa takes light and the whole neighbourhood troops outdoors for fun, while battling with mosquitoes. And when the light comes on, everybody shouts NEPA.

Chei, memories of Nigeria. Very wonderful memories.
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Badman888(m): 10:10pm On Apr 09, 2006
alot of times, when you want to watch something intresting thats when they go off, when u don't need it they stay on, You play a game for hours and then NEPA seize the lite you can't save,

You can't iron your shirt before school because of NEPA
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by snazzydawn(f): 10:12pm On Apr 09, 2006
when you want to attach pictures or reply to posts and then pow!!!NEPA!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by bluenubian(f): 12:53am On Apr 10, 2006
the question alone makes me mad, when u wake up sweating in the middle of the night and start fanning yourself with newspaper and your arm starts hurting, or when u have to carry bucket on your head 10 times in a row to go fetch water because the "tap is not running". yeah NEPA is my best friend angry angry. thank God im out of that phew!!
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by hotangel2(f): 1:13am On Apr 10, 2006
I hated NEPA. But thanks to Generator now.

Anyways i don't have to deal with NEPA anymore. But i remember those days of coal iron. And my white uniform will have black stains. Chaiii, This is another reason why i think the person that made the topic "is life really better abroad", wasnt thinking staight when s/he made it.
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by hotangel2(f): 1:13am On Apr 10, 2006
Snazzy, you were the only child that survived in that hospital? God dey ooo. I thank God for ur life.
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Oracle(m): 4:51am On Apr 10, 2006
They've made me go wild
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Zahymaka(m): 5:12am On Apr 10, 2006
If she didn't survive we wouldn't have pretty Snazz on Nairaland. Phew!

I remember how they used to deal with me when I was in Nigeria. I'm a chronic coder so I stay up writing code. They seize the "light" and I shutdown and go to bed

Five minutes later they "bring back the light." They did this to me ten times a night and I never ceased to get mad when they did it. If I stay in front of the computer and wait, it seems they know. I once waited till morning in darkness then they "brought it" when I was going to sleep.
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Zahymaka(m): 5:18am On Apr 10, 2006
The funny thing is that those stupid people still come to take bills at the end of the month.

My mom knew one of the collectors so she didn't really have to pay that much.

The funny thing is that they took any amount from her[b] and [/b]distributed it among themselves in front of her anytime she went to pay her bill [about 2000 unlike other people who pay 26000].
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by karyurdey(m): 9:51am On Apr 10, 2006
Hmmm
I love this topic because i have been thinking where this country is going to. Ghana for instance is not having problem of light where Nigeria. Are this people really Power Holding or Power Hoarding? have anyone asked this question.
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by glamour(f): 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2006
karyurdey:

Hmmm
I love this topic because i have been thinking where this country is going to. Ghana for instance is not having problem of light where Nigeria. Are this people really Power Holding or Power Hoarding? have anyone asked this question.

from their name,cant u see that they hold the light and dnt shear it?

I CALL THEM SCAMMERS. we shouldnt need a gen when we pay for light bills
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by karyurdey(m): 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2006
yea sirely they are "SCAMMERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Badman888(m): 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2006
NEPA they dont even read the meter, they just give you some kind of useless bills either too high or too low, at least it favoured us
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by kiwibabe(f): 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2006
Sorry I am just curious, I have never been to a hospital in Naija, but assuming hospitals in Naija operate like Europe or USA.
Can somebody tell me what happens to those on life support machines when there is no power, because if the generator kicks in a few seconds later, after there is a power cut wouldn’t the life support machine miss a few beats. So what happens to those on life support. Wouldn’t this cause unnecessary lose of life?
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by hotangel2(f): 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2006
kiwibabe:

Sorry I am just curious, I have never been to a hospital in Nigeria, but assuming hospitals in Nigeria operate like Europe or USA.
Can somebody tell me what happens to those on life support machines when there is no power, because if the generator kicks in a few seconds later, after there is a power cut wouldn’t the life support machine miss a few beats. So what happens to those on life support. Wouldn’t this cause unnecessary lose of life?

Most of those hospitals now have "Stand-by Generators". Any hospital that has patients on Life suport deffinitely has stand-by gens. So i think those people will be fine if the power is interrupted.
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by karyurdey(m): 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2006
Yes they usually have a standby generator that start itself when there is no light[b][/b][i][/i]
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Idekeson(m): 1:51am On Apr 12, 2006
Does anyone in the house understand why energy generation and distribution cannot work in Nigeria? Or is it simply mismanagement of resources and corruption, like everything else?
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by maki(f): 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2006
NEPA has droven me almost insane before while watching American Idol

I was like haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!! DAMN NEPA, YOU DEVIL!!
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by maki(f): 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2006
i heard that while d doctors were operating on me in BMH NEPA took light, and d standby gen didnt come on, on time, it almost killed me
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Blue2(m): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2006
Nepa like every nigerian prob is surmountable but sadly we put square pegs in round holes! Coruption n ineptitude is what is killin nepa. Imagine we got dis crazy bill after so many complaints we were offerd a bonanza 2 pay 50% of dis crazy bill n have d rest written off. Inspite of payin dis in dec we still havent got d discount. N 2 imagine dat d bill was crazy. These people r 419. The MD should resign, if it is not lack of rain then its the prob in d niger delta! Dis people don chop shame o!
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by dafman(m): 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2006
NEPA is a phantom organisation, all the budgeted for the phantom organisation is plain waste, what's the use of the billions when you can get electricity.
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by bolaoni(m): 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2006
I need not make reference to any far event. I am wearing a crumpled shirt Now because of NEPA!

I don't have any choice! sad
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Badman888(m): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2006
Thank God NEPA only gets hold of me once a year,

When you want to seep NEPA would strike no fan or AC and Mosquito start to attack
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by maki(f): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2006
NEPA NEPA NEPA

the thought of them alone is heartbreaking

makes you want to get wild and go crazy
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by baby4u2(f): 5:02pm On Apr 12, 2006
hahahahahahah grin
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by baby4u2(f): 5:02pm On Apr 12, 2006
as its said Never Expect Power Always.   grin they really target u, taking the light when ur favorite show is about to start or its in the climax stage. thank God i was staying in military hops. quarters in ikoyi. when they take the light the military guys are calling them straight away to put it back on. i just pity those that dont have light for months. sad NEPA, i pray for change. haha
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2006
This thread was not properly titled.

The real title should read:

Does NEPA(PHCN) Still make you Mad?

After almost 21 yrs of NEPA's inconsistencey, most of us have become so used to it that it is a surprise when light stays for more than 2 days at a stretch. In my first month here in the states, i actually thot of buying a battery-operated headlamp IN CASE NEPA struck! I also bought a box of matches but found no candles!

Even children nowadays by the age of 2 know the full meaning of NEPA! Never Expect Power Always!
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2006
kiwibabe:

Sorry I am just curious, I have never been to a hospital in Naija, but assuming hospitals in Naija operate like Europe or USA.

I once witnessed the wonders of a real stand-by gen once at the house of an aunt of mine. When NEPA strikes, the gen, there is a system that stores electricity so that light does not go off even after NEPA takes light. The gen kicks in automatically within 10 seconds so the only thing that goes off with NEPA are the main flourescent lamps, all other stuff including A/Cs, freezers, TV/ VCD remain on like NEPA never went off!
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Mongue(m): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2006
My 2 year old Daughter sums it up perfectly when her cartoons are taken away from her, "Daddy, NEPA's RUBBISH"
Re: Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad? by Badman888(m): 1:43am On Apr 16, 2006
PHCN- please hold candle now, we are usualy shocked if they keep lite 4 one day withoust going off, imagine

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Did You Lie About Today? / School Mother Strips, Whips & Batters ‘daughter’ For Allegedly Sleeping With Boy / How Do You Check Your Pm/email Messages On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.