Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers (24934 Views)

Why I Sacked Auxiliary - Seyi Makinde / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by SarkinYarki: 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
Governor Nyesom Wike has explained why he sacked his Commissioner for Environment, Dr. Igbiks Tamuno.

Wike who explained the reason behind the sack while signing contracts for Trans-Kalabari Road project phase one and Saakpenwa-Bori -Kono Road project phase two at the Government House, Port Harcourt, said Tamuno wrote construction giant Julius Berger, to stop work in the entire state without his approval.

The Governor also disclosed that the sacked commissioner never interfaced with the Ministry of Works before writing the letter.

He said;
“I don’t know how a commissioner can write to a company to stop work without my approval. And Julius Berger in that matter, to stop construction in the entire State, I have never heard of such thing before. I didn’t know that commissioners have so much power like that.

“I’m saying it because some of you don’t even know the limits of your power. These are contractors working for the state government.

“He (Tamuno) never interfaced with the Ministry of Works. We have paid Julius Berger and you ask them to stop work, so that they will come and ask for variation later?”

https://punchng.com/why-i-sacked-environment-commissioner-wike/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by tutudesz: 8:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
Maybe Julius Berger no drop something for boys grin

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by SarkinYarki: 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
E be like commissioner do pass him power cheesy

Lalasticlala Seun lets take this to church

8 Likes

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Ajebaba(m): 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
Empro Wike has spoken

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by DaddyRochie1642: 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
I Love this man called Wike grin

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
smiley
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by SarkinYarki: 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
Ajebaba:
Empro Wike has spoken

Chei
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Freestainworld(m): 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
2023 Is fast approaching, many politicians who think they are relevant now will end up becoming political prostitutes, jumping from one party to another, they will be reduced to nothing, but the commissioner didn't do well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by SarkinYarki: 11:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
Freestainworld:
2023 Is fast approaching, many politicians who think they are relevant now will end up becoming political prostitutes, jumping from one party to another, they will be reduced to nothing, but the commissioner didn't do well.

Exactly

7 Likes

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Bobotic(m): 4:40am On Apr 01, 2021
His Action Always Surprising Us grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by iamimohtal(m): 4:41am On Apr 01, 2021
Nice one
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Mercisharelove(f): 4:42am On Apr 01, 2021
Something cooking
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by easyfem(m): 4:43am On Apr 01, 2021
over skill bdat
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by DamnNiggar: 4:47am On Apr 01, 2021
Okay but Wike where the 5k jobs you promised us

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by ini4brandon(m): 4:47am On Apr 01, 2021
He did that with Wike of all ?
A case of " Wahala dey sleep, yanga go wake am".

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by adesegun121(m): 4:51am On Apr 01, 2021
All is well

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by shegsrules(m): 5:00am On Apr 01, 2021
Roger from Julius Berger or the ministry no reach commissioner hand. Now emperor don sack am, him village people locate am for month end

6 Likes

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by PastorandMentor(m): 5:02am On Apr 01, 2021
You don't joke with Wike.
We dey respect am here for U. S

6 Likes

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Duplexxx: 5:07am On Apr 01, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Lovethaa: 5:10am On Apr 01, 2021
Wike can be mischievous

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by toprealman: 5:10am On Apr 01, 2021
ecomalchemist:
So many of us are inexperienced and may not have even worked before. Whether you agree or not he deserved to be sacked. I know ordinarily, when you get two queries, it leads to warning and subsequently suspension before a sack but this case is quite different because he acted as the Chief Executive of the state. You must get the approval of your boss and let him buy into the reason why you want them to stop work. In an organisation, a manager doesn't have the same power and authority like an Executive Director let alone the Managing Director. If the commissioner had worked in a very organised setting in the past, he would have known how things are done. You must get your boss's approval in writing or let him minute on your memo before taking action, and that approval memo must be kept for future reference.

REMAX powerbank.

50,000mah

2 ports

Fast charge

Connectivity - Type C & Normal USB cord

Flashlight

Calls // WhatsApp - 0.8.1.1.9.7.5.6.1.4.4.
Eloni?
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by aguiyi2: 5:24am On Apr 01, 2021
How sure are we that Wike is telling the whole truth?

16 Likes

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by garfield1: 5:29am On Apr 01, 2021
Wike about to lose to amechi

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Fxwarrior: 5:37am On Apr 01, 2021
ecomalchemist:
So many of us are inexperienced and may not have even worked before. Whether you agree or not he deserved to be sacked. I know ordinarily, when you get two queries, it leads to warning and subsequently suspension before a sack but this case is quite different because he acted as the Chief Executive of the state. You must get the approval of your boss and let him buy into the reason why you want them to stop work. In an organisation, a manager doesn't have the same power and authority like an Executive Director let alone the Managing Director. If the commissioner had worked in a very organised setting in the past, he would have known how things are done. You must get your boss's approval in writing or let him minute on your memo before taking action, and that approval memo must be kept for future reference.

REMAX powerbank.

50,000mah

2 ports

Fast charge

Connectivity - Type C & Normal USB cord

Flashlight

Calls // WhatsApp - 0.8.1.1.9.7.5.6.1.4.4.

How much is your power bank?
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by iampeterben(m): 5:38am On Apr 01, 2021
The sharing system didn't favour the MOE commissioner that is why JB was stopped. Enjoy your stay out of ministry.

4 Likes

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by pkang: 5:38am On Apr 01, 2021
It's his government, he can do whatever he likes after all, bubu is doing the same.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by ecolime(m): 5:40am On Apr 01, 2021
tutudesz:
You may be right

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by elmessiahs(m): 5:41am On Apr 01, 2021
Wike should thread with ease... Rivers people are not lazy, we know why he uses Julius berger. We have local contractors who are worthy of doing projects and are hard working and sincere instead his avaricious intent with Berger to swindle hardworking Rivers youths have led him to forget standard. Very greedy man

6 Likes

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Penguin2: 5:42am On Apr 01, 2021
tutudesz:

Lol.

Seems Tamuno already bought expensive Babaringa for stuffing Gandollars. Lol.

But jokes aside, that was so much effrontery from the side of the ex-commissioner.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by emmadejust(m): 5:55am On Apr 01, 2021
Oga commissioner should know that JB is wike power tools for his projects, they have upper hand direct from Governor...
See as he take loose office just like that

7 Likes

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Trendy247: 6:01am On Apr 01, 2021
elmessiahs:
Wike should thread with ease... Rivers people are not lazy, we know why he uses Julius berger. We have local contractors who are worthy of doing projects and are hard working and sincere instead his avaricious intent with Berger to swindle hardworking Rivers youths have led him to forget standard. Very greedy man
Greedy local contractors that will use substandard materials to construct rubbish bah?? Be like ur head dey touch

38 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Tinubu Attended CSU But Forged Certificate Submitted To INEC" - Kperogi / IPOB Bans Nigerian National Anthems In South-East Schools / Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.