Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Do I Need To Quit My Job ? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? (27164 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Watinhapen(m): 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
You shouldn’t quit unless you have some other thing fetching you money already. Driving is not difficult. I learnt how to drive in a day. You can perfectly learn how to drive while still working.

You earn 85k per month, that is fair enough. I know some family men that earns 40k and they’re still living. How many children do you have? How do you spend your money?

You should spend according to what you earn. I do spend about 20k a month before when I was earning less, but now I spend over 50k a month as my earnings grew higher. You spend according to your earnings. Don’t see other neighbours spending so much on their children and try to be like them. You don’t know what they earn in a month.

Plan well and you will manage fine. Don’t take a car on hire purchase because it will be difficult for you to pay up the car. You will need to pay 2 times the worth of a car if you take it on hire purchase unless you see a really good person that wants to sell on hire purchase without doubling the amount for the car.

Also, ensure your wife is working to assist you. Only you can’t do it alone.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Enyiekpa(m): 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
Prechgold1180:
ok thanks
What car do u prefer I get

I plan on buying two cars for Uber next 2 months

Toyota matrix or toyota corolla is okay for uber/bolt.
Please I'm interested for the HP of one of the car.
I have my driver's license with six five years experience

Here's my number 08169459425
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Erums(m): 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2021
janetakan:
How can you be a family man with 85k as salary?

Your wife must be an angel. You better adore her!

The only time you should quit a job is when you have found a better offer. Make out time to learn driving, do not quit your job!

What nonsense are you even talking

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by elijah101(m): 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2021
so i want to advise you .. not just you but everyone .... You dont have to quit your job .. Continue your job .. and also look for a side hustle .. you can learn the driving .. does not take time to learn .. see how you can get a car to be driving on weekends or after you are done with work for the day and then weekends too ... every month when you receive your salary .. take either within 10 -20k ... put in bitcoin ... everymonth .. try to put 30% of your profit in bitcoin .. and also you can look into dividend stocks .. this is not about you being broke now , but about you building a solid future for yourself and your family .. so work wee not kee you las las and you can enjoy retirement ..
confirmedniggae:
Good evenning all.

I have been having this thought of quitting my job to learn driving in order to pick up an UBER or BOLT job but the fear of getting a car on hire purchase is always coming as an hindrance.

I am a family man whose salary of just #85,000 is not even enough to cater for the family .Before the salary even comes in, there are always debts that have been incurred.

Most times,I dont even get up to #20,000 as a result of debts and seriously I am fed up. Infact , I think of suicide sometimes because i am so depressed right now. I have rent of #140,000 hanging on my neck too.

Please will it be wise to quit to learn driving for purpose of commercial driving job?
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2021
Fxwarrior:

I love your sense of humour. Can I pm you?

Pls go ahead.. And thanks for the complement
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
Funkybabee:

I don't want to reply you before because your respond is senseless to me.

but like I advice before, go and sit your wife and take pen and jotter for writing

go and do your budget expenses, there are a lot of private schools teachers with family, I mean children not kid that are surviving with 30k added with their wife contributions.

how did you want to have peace self if you are paying wife's allawee with that salary
Na you dey talk senseless for saying some men are comfortable with a salary of #30k.#1k daily.Stop being a motivational speaker and come to reality of life.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Cuteamigo1(m): 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
confirmedniggae:
Good evenning all.

I have been having this thought of quitting my job to learn driving in order to pick up an UBER or BOLT job but the fear of getting a car on hire purchase is always coming as an hindrance.

I am a family man whose salary of just #85,000 is not even enough to cater for the family .Before the salary even comes in, there are always debts that have been incurred.

Most times,I dont even get up to #20,000 as a result of debts and seriously I am fed up. Infact , I think of suicide sometimes because i am so depressed right now. I have rent of #140,000 hanging on my neck too.

Please will it be wise to quit to learn driving for purpose of commercial driving job?
85k and you are thinking of quitting your job. You sound like someone who is living above his means. Cut down unnecessary expenses and start saving money for a car to the Uber thing as a side hustle. Don't quit your job if not you might live to regret it.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by PAWG(m): 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2021
CsRockefeller:

I'm in Lagos, though I'm looking at just Saturdays because of my full time job.

Well, you’ve got the yam, knife and fire, do the needful.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by confirmedniggae: 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2021
Prechgold1180:

I am a student
And I got 1 Lexus GS 350 AWD 08

Incase u are interested in Uber

Thank you bro.

Can I have your contact pls ?
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Omawumi17(f): 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2021
You want to commit suicide? what if u are jobless? Be thankful bro...
I earn 15k monthly as a POS Attendant with just 200 allowance, and i never die...

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by janetakan(f): 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2021
Erums:

What nonsense are you even talking

Come and ask my toenails.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Prettychild(f): 6:56pm On Apr 01, 2021
Try to empower your wife so that she can also contribute to the family upkeep, make you no come kill yourself ontop family challenges
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Erums(m): 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
janetakan:

Come and ask my toenails.

U mean the rotten toenails u posses... Baff first abegg
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by ultimateprof: 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2021
85k? Thats lot of money in the north, you can even become a landlord withing 5yrs.

Guy, think well!
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by abdulwassi(m): 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
[quote author=confirmedniggae post=100375336]Good evenning all.

Please will it be wise to quit to learn driving for purpose of commercial driving job?[/quo

Stick to what you Ajebo and pray.. Me here I'm searching for kind of pay job.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by EmeraldHash(m): 9:17pm On Apr 01, 2021
I advice you to continue your job, and while at it pick the book "the richest man in Babylon" and read. Try to practice every principle in that book and in distance time your story will change for the better
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by janetakan(f): 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2021
Erums:

U mean the rotten toenails u posses... Baff first abegg

I probably have one of the most beautiful feet you will ever see. Unlike the females in your life, I am actually very clean.

The hate you feel for a total stranger will destroy you one day. I am still beautiful and happy smiley

Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by culf: 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
janetakan:
How can you be a family man with 85k as salary?

Your wife must be an angel. You better adore her!

The only time you should quit a job is when you have found a better offer. Make out time to learn driving, do not quit your job!

a lot of people earn less than that and they are married with kids.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by tobestdegreat(m): 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2021
U go de for where u de where u no d go de hungry you

Anyways call me for ur 3d wallpapers and 3d panels installation @affordableprices
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by greggng: 11:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
This my advice might be harsh but that's a big truth ....don't marry if you are not financially independent ....you will suffer until suffer Taya you. It is better to remain single without kids .....than to have a family you can't Carter for .
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by dlumier: 12:36am On Apr 02, 2021
Don't quit your job

Get a side hustle.

Learn professional Whiteboard Animation and earn $50 per 1 minute video (you can go to Fiverr to confirm)

Get access to WhiteboardPro here https://whiteboardpro.com.ng/offer/
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Fixbeat: 9:30am On Apr 02, 2021
If VIO/FRSC impound your vehicle, you'll be more depressed than this.

What has happened has happened. Let's look at what can be done moving forward

Delete your FB, Instagram and Twitter immediately. Also stop viewing WhatsApp status,e get why

Swallow any EGO or any sense of reputation you have.
Start looking for face me i face you to rent. In some places in Lagos ,u can get as cheap as 5k monthly. Move your children to a good public school.

If you can't handle this part, move to another area (and do it) so you won't think about' what people will say'.
Also moving to another area will be good for your mental health.

Don't date/marry a woman you can't afford. If she doesn't have work, she can learn to fry donots/pastries or bake within 1-3 months.
She can start up in front of your house immediately she learns.

Just focus and change your mindset.

You'll be out of the mess in 1 or 2 years. Then you can do your uber and even do bigger things
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by GeezBitz(m): 10:07am On Apr 02, 2021
is your job so demanding that you can't work and learn to drive at thesame time?
why not learn to drive and still maintain ur job for the mean time, if possible after learning to drive, start a night hustle in the transportation and study how lucrative it can be before u quit.
u can have ur job and still hustle, depending on the type of job u are currently in.
best of luck, may God bless your hustles.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by Erums(m): 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
janetakan:

I probably have one of the most beautiful feet you will ever see. Unlike the females in your life, I am actually very clean.

The hate you feel for a total stranger will destroy you one day. I am still beautiful and happy smiley

I'm sorry maam...ure the one with hate and a bitchy attitude.... FYI, those legs ain't clean for someone who's fair... And the ring.... Pls use. A nice tag... Bt im not gonna body shame u... Drop ur full photo.. You ain't worth rating.....
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by janetakan(f): 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
Erums:

I'm sorry maam...ure the one with hate and a bitchy attitude.... FYI, those legs ain't clean for someone who's fair... And the ring.... Pls use. A nice tag... Bt im not gonna body shame u... Drop ur full photo.. You ain't worth rating.....

Silence is the best answer to a ****

If you tag me again, I will assume you are unemployed and pathetic.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by HopeVictor(m): 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Quit, but know that the road of business is hard.

Before the business pays off, you will go through a cash crunch, unless you have savings already. That's something you should think about.

The good news about business is that depending on what you're doing, you can get that 85k in a week or less.
85k per week with which capital?
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by BRATISLAVA: 6:52am On Apr 03, 2021
HopeVictor:

85k per week with which capital?

That's the thing about business, it's not a promise that you will get that every week, but there is there capacity to get that every week. No job will give you such possibility of exponential growth.

There are businesses that give that and even double that. And some don't need any mind-blowing capital.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by BRATISLAVA: 6:55am On Apr 03, 2021
janetakan:

Nice feet. Do you cover them up much? Because mine burn on exposure to sunlight, like I feel them on fire.
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by janetakan(f): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Nice feet. Do you cover them up much? Because mine burn on exposure to sunlight, like I feel them on fire.

Thanks!
Yes I cover my feet often, mostly with cotton materials. I wash my feet always and use foot creams and soaps. smiley
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by BRATISLAVA: 9:58am On Apr 03, 2021
janetakan:

Thanks!
Yes I cover my feet often, mostly with cotton materials. I wash my feet always and use foot creams and soaps. smiley

Which cotton materials, I'm tired of people looking at me funny when I wear socks. embarassed The sun is just too hot. My feet are getting burned.

Any foot cream suggestions?
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by HopeVictor(m): 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

That's the thing about business, it's not a promise that you will get that every week, but there is there capacity to get that every week. No job will give you such possibility of exponential growth.

There are businesses that give that and even double that. And some don't need any mind-blowing capital.
Namely!
Re: Do I Need To Quit My Job ? by BRATISLAVA: 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2021
HopeVictor:

Namely!

Secret.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. / It Is A Fallacy That No Knowledge Is a Wasted one / Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.