Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:55 PM

Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice (241 Views)

DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. / Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Khaldave(m): 8:54am On Apr 01, 2021
Hello guys

So I rarely comment,post but most active everyday whenever I can on nairaland and urgently need your advice.
Will try to be brief to the point and kindly forgive my diction .

So I've been going through a depressing time lately , lost my job in January through a flimsy fight that could have been avoided. So most times I think about how things suddenly turned sour as I was already looking forward into 2021 and making some plans.
Most times I think about my sudden situation and ask myself how it all went wrong ,I pray whenever I can and also get high when the thinking overwhelmed my heart.
But to cut the long story short , I had a dream last night and it was one of those vividly real type, couldn't sleep was awake all through then I sang some praises maybe my body will calm and fall asleep , finally I did and now the dream.

Dreamt that I was on a trip ,more likely to a place I know but haven't been there in a while , so as the trip continued only for me to get to a familiar road ,which was untared but only this time more like a fortress has been built on the road , I tried going through but with each step the slippery the road becomes , then suddenly a woman and a child appeared to me, not the fairy god mother type , she was looking old and rough , and she sought for my help by asking for arm,which I gave and in return I asked for direction as the last time I was on that road the fortress wasn't there
Then something shocking happened, she said I caused the blockage due to careless giving and my carefree attitude, and that if I want the blockage removed I should get locust beans ,rub it all over my feet and either find a river to throw the beans or give it to birds to cart away

Kindly is this biblical ,need your advice and prayers
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by majamajic(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2021
Which blockage ?

grin grin grin

The blockage didn't add to your story, unless u are teaching us
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by heendrix(m): 9:12am On Apr 01, 2021
Khaldave:
Hello guys

So I rarely comment,post but most active everyday whenever I can on nairaland and urgently need your advice.

So I've been going through a depressing time lately , lost my job in January through a flimsy fight that could have been avoided. So most times I think about how things suddenly turned sour as I was already looking forward into 2021 and making some plans.
Most times I think about my sudden situation and ask myself how it all went wrong ,I pray whenever I can and also get high when the thinking overwhelmed my heart.
But to cut the long story short , I had a dream last night and it was one of those vividly real type, couldn't sleep was awake all through then I sang some praises maybe my body will calm and fall asleep , finally I did and now the dream.

Dreamt that I was on a trip ,more likely to a place I know but haven't been there in a while , so as the trip continued only for me to get to a familiar road ,which was untared but only this time more like a fortress has been built on the road , I tried going through but with each step the slippery the road becomes , then suddenly a woman and a child appeared to me, not the fairy god mother type , she was looking old and rough , and she sought for my help by asking for arm,which I gave and in return I asked for direction as the last time I was on that road the fortress wasn't there
Then something shocking happened, she said I caused the blockage due to careless giving and my carefree attitude, and that if I want the blockage removed I should get locust beans ,rub it all over my feet and either find a river to throw the beans or give it to birds to cart away

This is deep

concerning the careless giving I've since stopped giving alms to beggers esp women beggers except my heart strikes me into giving. you gotta be very careful bro esp giving to women and those Old mamas
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Khaldave(m): 9:14am On Apr 01, 2021
majamajic:
Which blockage ?

grin grin grin

The blockage didn't add to your story, unless u are teaching us
The fortress that wasn't on the road b4,that's way I mean by that blockage.

Don't know if it has ever occurred to you b4, that at times when u dream ,it feels like you've been there b4 or sometimes in real life
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Jashub: 9:15am On Apr 01, 2021
Look don't let this weigh you down :because it could mean something or nothing at all. But I suggest you pray and seek the counsel of your spiritual leader. Allow him pray with you so that both of you will be in agreement to cancel every negative declaration regarding this dream
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Khaldave(m): 9:17am On Apr 01, 2021
heendrix:

This is deep

concerning the careless giving I've since stopped giving alms to beggers esp women beggers except my heart strikes me into giving. you gotta be very careful bro esp giving to women and those Old mamas
If I could think properly,I guess that's during the new year Eve, gave one particular person and it's just getting clear on my mind now , sadly I'm owing the woman currently but her old nature , u can't owe her and pin , now I'm out of job and she's less concerned abt the amount I wanted to pay her
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by majamajic(m): 9:21am On Apr 01, 2021
Khaldave:

Don't know if it has ever occurred to you b4, that at times when u dream ,it feels like you've been there b4 or sometimes in real life

In dreams , we see places we always visit only in dreams

U are right ! Even in real life , there are events I will be seeing in real life , meanwhile I have seen it exactly in dreams months ago ,
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Jashub: 9:25am On Apr 01, 2021
Khaldave:

If I could think properly,I guess that's during the new year Eve, gave one particular person and it's just getting clear on my mind now , sadly I'm owing the woman currently but her old nature , u can't owe her and pin , now I'm out of job and she's less concerned abt the amount I wanted to pay her
Brother, you're beginning to sound like someone who doesn't have faith. Do you know that giving is one of basic duties of a Christian? Please never regret it. In fact, giving sometimes might seem like foolishness but in disguise it is a spiritual move that blesses. Which is why the bible says " it is more blessed to give than to receive "(Acts 20:35). So please never see it as a burden
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by ayterajah(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2021
I will strongly advise you see the appropriate authority
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Khaldave(m): 9:32am On Apr 01, 2021
Jashub:
Brother, you're beginning to sound like someone who doesn't have faith. Do you know that giving is one of basic duties of a Christian? Please never regret it. In fact, giving sometimes might seem like foolishness but in disguise it is a spiritual move that blesses. Which is why the bible says " it is more blessed to give than to receive "(Acts 20:35). So please never see it as a burden
It starting to look so , and it's confusing the mind , guess through my last night praise I had an eye opener.and things are really rough at the moment , but guess will proceed on a fast , should help clear my head
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by bugatti02(m): 9:33am On Apr 01, 2021
Kindly do as you have been told to do... You've been given a spiritual direction... Stick to it. Peace.
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Khaldave(m): 9:36am On Apr 01, 2021
bugatti02:
Kindly do as you have been told to do... You've been given a spiritual direction... Stick to it. Peace.
That's where the fear lies , haven't done anything as such b4 , and it doesn't sound biblical . Anything beyond olive oil and water , count me out
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by LisaAnneMia: 9:51am On Apr 01, 2021
Khaldave:

That's where the fear lies , haven't done anything as such b4 , and it doesn't sound biblical . Anything beyond olive oil and water , count me out
You said you are depressed. And you know being that way hasn't solved your problem or hasn't given you peace. Can u start by practicing the presence of Jesus? I'm not talking about read 10 chapters of Bible in a day or fast for 100 days or pray for 50 hours. All that is works and they'll wear u out.
Can u just be conscious of Jesus standing beside you? Behave like He's indeed with you? And ready to help you? Talk to Him about any worries you face out loud that's if no one is around you(I'm sure you have a whole lot to talk about). Every Christian has the presence of Jesus but they don't really acknowledge Him. How will this help you get better and how will this bring results? Don't worry about that. Cos even Jesus said DO NOT WORRY. It's not easy trust me but cast your worries in His hands and just acknowledge Him. Thank Him and continuously say out loud that Jesus is with you and you're a successful person and that whatever you do will succeed (No matter how many times you do.)
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Jashub: 9:53am On Apr 01, 2021
Khaldave:

It starting to look so , and it's confusing the mind , guess through my last night praise I had an eye opener.and things are really rough at the moment , but guess will proceed on a fast , should help clear my head
See, don't joke with this o. Kindly go and see your spiritual leader first. Let him pray with you in agreement regarding this issue. Then if you feel like fasting, then fast. But know that you can not do this on your own spiritually.
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by LisaAnneMia: 9:58am On Apr 01, 2021
Khaldave:

And He also said "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid . He's given you His peace already. The bolded part is your own part. He definitely spoke in Hebrew to His disciples when He said that. And peace in Hebrew is shalom. And shalom means peace, completeness, welfare, health and prosperity. It's an all encompassing word. Acknowledge Him and value His presence. He's your Dad and He's not gonna whoop you! He cares for you. Anytime u feel sad or worried just tell yourself out loud "let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid". Hopefully this helps you.
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Khaldave(m): 10:01am On Apr 01, 2021
Down and at my lowest point in a long time.But thanks to everyone that took time to contribute , appreciate you all .God bless
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Khaldave(m): 10:04am On Apr 01, 2021
But kindly guys I wanna know , and need ur advice.

Should I do as instructed in the dream by buying locust beans or seek a more enlighten spiritual guidance
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2021
heendrix:

This is deep

You made the choice to disobey the command that Jesus Christ gave you, and you suppose your disobedience is done in the name of Jesus Christ, right? : undecided
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Apr 01, 2021
Khaldave:

I have had those kind of dreams myself and you know what, I leave them to my mental to unravel the mystery for itself. What I do in the meantime is work on resolving the stress in my life - the depression you pointed out to us. undecided
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2021
Khaldave:
But kindly guys I wanna know , and need ur advice.

Should I do as instructed in the dream by buying locust beans or seek a more enlighten spiritual guidance
Do you believe in Jesus Christ? If yes, then rubbing locust beans on your feet is likely not going to make it all go away. Instead it might open the door to endless ride down some rabbit hole that you never intended, so if I were in your shoe, I would stay away from those kind of ideas and instead run deeper into God instead. undecided

If what you saw in your dream is truly from God, then the deeper you run into Him, the clearer the message, assuming it is indeed from Him, will become clearer. How do you run to God? By learning the teachings of Jesus Christ, and then accepting(trusting) and obeying His teachings/commandments for only then can He abide in you, helping you unravel that which is tangled up in your noggin there. undecided

The key to God is Obedience, not prayer! undecided
Re: Should I Do This ......or Continue Being Depressed?.pls Advice by Nephilim: 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2021
Khaldave:
Hello guys

Oga this is your personal problem. You don't need to seek the request of anyone before you find solution to your problem, abi wen the problem came did they help you shared in it.

If Jesus had appeared to the blind man in dream and told him to rub spit on a clay and use it to wash his eyes would he have considered that inappropriate or faithlessness? I'm sure some folks would have castigate such person if he were just to be an ordinary prophet.

If you need more understanding to what you were told, pray for more clarification.

(1) (Reply)

The Lords Chosen: Rain Of Miracles, Signs And Wonders Hit Day 2 Of #enugu2021 / How To Know If You Are Working With God / Life In The Wilderness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.